Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hoca Pasa Mah.Hudavendigar Cad .no26, Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed here for over a week. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is excellent, walking distance to everything that a traveler would want to see. Cozy rooftop with beautiful views of the water. Great atmosphere for travelers.

Great location, near Sultanhamet historic district. Lockers and bathroom in room. Staff ..... THE BEST !!! Parties and dinners at night! One day we went all together to Princess Island what it was amazing. One of the boys of the hostel went with us. We went by ship, then we rode bicycles, swam and ate. Just fun!! If I came back to Istanbul, I'm sure I would be back to this hostel!!!

The location of this hostel is perfect. The staff is excellent, the Syrian guys that work there are super nice and they make you feel very comfortable and familiar.We had parties upstairs- fish BBQ and Syrian food were awesome. The boy at the bar was very good chef and host. We enjoyed not only a delicious meal ,but also a wonderful Syrian music.The breakfast was rich and delicious- thank you sweetie, your french toast reminded us of childhood.For a backpacker this is a best place to stay!

Great location. Right near the mosque. If your looking to party it's a 40 min walk to the square. Beautiful rooms awesome shower good people. Really enjoyed my stay.

Very good location for a reasonable price to stay. Though most facilities need repairs and upgrades, breakfast is good and served in a very nice terrace with the view of Istanbul.

My philosophy when traveling is that it's not about where you go but about who you are with when you are there. Yes, Harmony Hostel as an amazing rooftop terrace. Yes, they a great breakfast in a good location. But more importantly they have the best staff I have ever encountered and I stay at a lot of hostels! IHAB is the reason my trip was wonderful - he look me to the Prince Islands twice and showed me the city but more importantly he was a great friend and hard worker- I'll never forget him!

• 2nd Oct 2014

When decided to extend our stay the staff told us there were no beds available even when they did have availability in Hostelworld. We finally booked through the web and could stay longer. Later, talking to other people we got to know that everybody was paying different fees for the same dorms. Location is really good; bathrooms are poor and sometimes with cold water; good breakfast; nice terrace; no wifi in dorms. WOULDN'T GO BACK and won't recommend if don't want to feel cheated.

dear guest thank you for your revıew. but you have to know that we don't cheat people. because everyone knows the price before booking. and concerning your extend; there was a problem in the website that's why you could book.and you know that you slept in the staff room because there was no available place. and concerning the water. it has to do with the policy of water distribution from the government. we have a specific amount of water of a specific period of time

Pretty bad staff . The knew nothing about istanbul.

Great hostel in an amazing location. All the main sights are within 15 mins walk. Really good rooftop area which is lively every night so a great place to meet people. The staff are really friendly and fun, and ihab makes some great falafel! Definitely recommend staying here.

This place was amazing!! I felt so safe and so welcomed! The people are so nice and so welcoming especially being a girl travelling alone. The atmosphere was awesome, especially the terrace! Stunning view of the blue mosque. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcomed and comfortable. They were always making sure we were having a great time, especially IHAB, SAMER & SHAK!!!! So fun and such good cooks! Thank you so much for great experience, I will definitely be back :)

• 26th Sep 2014

I enjoyed 2days in Harmony hostel very much. The hostel is located in istanbul old city where is easy to access and many historical building nearby. The bed is very comfortable with lockers in the room. Sadly, WiFi cannot use in the room, but everyone sitting on the roof area for internet connection and good atmosphere. Many thanks for the friendly and helpful Staff called Ihab who cooked some traditional dinner for us, shared a Turkish tea, coffee, fruits and tourism information. Thanks again!

This was a really comfortable and fun hostel to stay at. Great common and lounge area on the rooftop, tasty free breakfast, and wonderful staff who go out of their way to ensure you have a good stay. My only criticism is the water in our dorm bathroom was substandard. During my stay the shower would either be freezing cold, boiling hot, or there would be no running water at all which was a bit annoying - although it worked fine on 2 occasions. Would definitely stay again though!

This Hostel has amazing atmosphere, especially every night at terrace. You have breakfast included in prize and there is always very helpfull staff (not just at reception, but also on terrace). There is only one small disadvantage - wifi internet is only on terrace, not at rooms. All in all - Best value ;)

Cool place. Very relaxed and great vibe on the rooftop where everyone hangs out. Showers were a bit unpredictable and the building is old but hey it's instanbul. You're right in the heart of the old town close to tons of places to to eat and drink and 5 min from the main attractions. Great value and I would stay there again.

Lovely rooftop terasse, where you can easily meet other travellers and drink free coffee and tea all day long. By far the best staff ever met in a hostel (especially Ihab ;)! They are very welcoming and always there for a nice conversation or if you need help in anything. Sometimes, a delicious dinner is served and breakfast exceeded the expecations by far. Only drawback: they have limited water available, hence hardy any water right before and after breakfast. Will definitly go back again.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Everything was great there. I have an excellent time on the hostel. The staff was great, especially Ihab who solved all my problems and was very polite inviting tea, narguile, etc. I really liked the terrace, it creats an excellent atmosphere to stay and meet people. The price is very good for the service. Also the breakafst is very nice.. The only thing they can improve are the facilites, the only common area is the terrace, which is very nice, but sometimes not enough for everybody.

Very central location, cheap restaurants nearby. Helpful staff - Iajb cooked some fantastic meals a couple of nights. All of that aside the vibe of the rooftop balcony makes the hostel, very easy to meet travellers!

• 13th Sep 2014

Great place with friendly & helpful staff. Outdoor area was good and location excellent. Would definitely stay again.

Great social atmosphere... So good for meeting fellow travellers. The staff are SO friendly and very helpful. Arrived around 11pm and was greeted by a cup of Turkish tea and a meze of fresh foods. Would not hesitate to return! Keep up the good work guys x

• 10th Sep 2014

Best hostel in Istanbul. Good location, nice helpfull staff, good value for money. Best feature is the terrace on top with bar. Loved to hang out there. Planed to stay 2 days, ended up pending a week. Next time I'll stay here again, definitly. Thanks Ihab and Shaker for the great time and the delicious homecooked food!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4