Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hüdavendıgar Cad. No: 20 Sirkeci / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Great place to stay. Lovely new showers and bathroom facilities with warm water. Saad and the staff are very nice and helpful. They even upgraded my room for no extra cost as there was room in a nicer dorm. Free breakfast. I will be returning in 2 days

Extreme lack of atmosphere in the low season, try turning down the music in the common area so the few people there can actually talk. If you want to be close to the sites the Sultanahmet neighborhood is definitely that, but way too touristy for me, and I preferred my stay on the other side of the golden horn.

The location was amazing. Could walk EVERYWHERE. 1min to the nearest tram station. 3min to Tokapi palace. 10min walk to Blue Mosque/Aya Sofia. close to many cheap and good food! But the most memorable of all were the people working there! The guy at the kitchen and the one at the reception (I'm bad at names) were really nice, and we joked around a lot. They often checked on us to see if everything was okay, and if it was not, it was fixed ASAP. Would definitely go back again :)

I had an amazing stay around New Year with the best people and the best atmosphere. The hostel crew are very welcoming people with big hearts. They would provide you with all the information/recommendations that you may need so that you can spend amazing time out in the city and would make you feel at home when you return back to the hostel.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Bulgaria

It was really great, coulden't be better. Thank you guys for the hospitalety :)

Large shower, and many power outlets in the room. Great location in heart of touristy street, though the entrance is easy to miss. No atmosphere, though.

The location was unbeatable, as was the price, breakfast, and comfort. Great choice for crashing in the tourist center.

The hostel was wonderful with a very friendly and helpful staff which was especially good since I arrived to Istanbul unorganized no knowing much about the places worth visiting. Even though there was a low season there were some really nice guests as well to make friends with and having a nice common room with great music and view also helps. Thank you people for being so eager to help and make my stay in your city such a memorable time, and taking us out to a great party in Taksim Square.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Hungary

Right in the heart of the old city. I recommend this hostel to fellow travelers. Surrounded by mosques, good food, and good vibes. Aksu welcomed me with a smile and information for exploring the city. Staff very friendly and hospitable. rooms are very clean and big. Unbeatable view from the terrace. Includes delicious breakfast and dinner is served most nights. Even went dancing at local clubs with staff and other travelers. If im ever back in Istanbul I know where im going to rest my head.

I spent 4 nights in harmony hostel during my stay in Istanbul. The whole team is simply perfect and I enjoyed my vacation so much! Good facilities nice location and the most importantly, superb atmosphere! Thanks so much!

Aksu, one of the staff greeted me with a welcoming smile, not that usual soul-less one. later i realized that it's her genuine character. she's always waning to talk with, try to suggest what to do. i felt that she really cares about my wellness. and she's also fun to talk with and have a drink with. the very best hostel staff you can ever meet. other things such as facilities and location. well..there's not much difference around Sultan Ahmet. better choose the place where you feel included!

The location and staff of this hostel could not have been better. All members of the staff, and especially Aksu, was very helpful in travel tips, organizing day plans and ensuring I made it on time to the airport when I left. They were able to accommodate special requests like holding onto my museum card before I arrived and helping me find a watch repair place in the city, so extra credits for that! Hostel facilities are a bit old, but still acceptable.

Harmony is an excellent place to stay. Very close to lots of great restaurants (of all price ranges), 2 minute walk from the nearest tram station, and a very easy 10 minute walk from the Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cistern, and much more. However, what makes this hostel such a gem is the staff. Aksu can be counted on for everything from excellent advice and directions to music suggestions and a laugh. She and the rest of the Harmony staff are what make it stand out.

• 30th Nov 2015

At first the building seems quite run down, but the dorm is spacious and comfortable. Breakfast is good. Location is great with the tram right outside. And a big thank you to Aksu, who gave me so much help with getting an airline ticket sorted out. A big hug for you! I can recommend this place.

Close to Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Archaeological Museums & Basilica Cistern, plus the metro, which takes you everywhere in Istanbul. For a hostel, the cleanliness far exceeded my expectations. The lockers were great for passport/wallets/laptops etc, and there wasn't a bedbug in sight! Additionally, the staff were friendly, spoke great English (a huge help for English-speakers like me!), and were generally chilled-out as we cooked food and shared stories together. Fantastic, I loved it!

• 20th Nov 2015

For the amount I paid for this hostel, you can't beat the price. Comfortable beds, hot shower, nice employees, free breakfast, and great location The reason I would say the atmosphere was average was because there was an incident where the hostel owner must have been under the influence of something after making an unnecessary scene in front of the guests and almost kicking out a poor girl. Before the scene the hostel was amazing, after the incident the atmosphere became dead for a few days.

Istanbul Harmony Hostel is one of the best I have ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The view from the terrace - fantastic. In fact there are no weak points I could indicate:)

With friends stay 5 night at hostel. We are very satisfied! Location is Perfect! Staff very kindly, friendly... At Istanbul we stay in many different hostel for now but this is really the best!!!

Well , i can say that it was a pleasant stay : ) Usually in my life i don't ''stay'' in places but in people... And that's why i mention it...Cause i met Aksu. She is the girl with the smile , who is always ready to help you...Even if some people are rude...! So...if you visit this hostel first of all ask for her !! (: As for the hostel now...It's a nice one ! Close t every important monument...with breakfast and all the rest conveniences. As for security , ABOVE ALL , is YOUR concern !!

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Greece

I had a very nice stay at harmony hostel. It has a wonderfull location at the heart of old istanbul. The owner and the staff are very friendly. It has a very nice istanbul view at the terass. Clean, comfortable beds. I recommend harmony hostel to everybody.

• 7th Nov 2015