Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hoca Pasa Mah.Hudavendigar Cad .no26, Istanbul, Turkey

Overall, I had a nice stay in the hostel because the people I met there. However, the staff was some of the most unhelpful hostel workers I've ever encountered. The other thing about the staff is they would tell you 1 price for the dinner then up it when it was time to pay for it None of the doors locked (like toilet or shower) and there was only wifi on the rooftop terrace. The breakfast was pretty good though.

Staff were great!

Amazing - what hospitality. The three Syrian guys that run the place are angels. In addition to breakfast they'll invite you to join then for some Syrian cuisine for dinner. Also it was so great to have friendly disinterested help. When I asked for a laundry these guys showed me the cheapest local laundry mat (instead of charging me an arm and a leg).When I brought over friends from other hostels they were more than happy to have them and made them tea and coffee. I can go on and on.Thanks guys!

Great staff, clean rooms, it would be nice to see fitted sheets on the bed. The common room was under construction so I'm sure it will look great once it's done and hopefully there will be an area for non-smokers to use the wifi and hang out. It was a treat to have dinner made in the hostel by the master chef! :)

it was a great experience to be in the Harmony hostel, i liked everything, especially it's location. When i go back to Istanbul, i will definitely stay there again.

Great hostel, great vibe, great people

Exellent.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

I had a great night in there. Harmony Hostel's location is great. Staff were very friendly. But I found that breakfast and shower was very poor compare to other hostels which I stayed in Turkey. And electricity was unstable, you can expect blackout, sometime.

Very good location, it has lockers available, breakfast oki (bread, tomato, cucumber , cheese, jelly, french toast). Internet only in the commune area and they are constantly smoking there. Even thought the make movie nights and were friendly.

spacious rooms with their own showers and toilets. Great lounge area on roof with view. You can't get wifi everywhere because the building is so large but it wasn't a big issue for me.

Great stay here, Ihab, Samer, Shaker are pretty helpful in everything. Atmosphere is great. Location is central. Mama helps clean the room very day. There is no stress to stay. You can just enjoy the time to chill in Istanbul.

Cheap, character filled rooms in the perfect location. Recommended! The young Syrian guys at the front desk were amazing. Very friendly and helpful! 'Volunteer' backpacker making the breakfast was unfriendly, late and hungover.

A great hostel in a great location - staff were very friendly and helpful. Very relaxed atmosphere and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

• 8th Nov 2014

very nice staff in a hostel that is well situated. There is a easygoing vibe here so ideal for guest getting to know a little about each other. Some guest even go out drinking in the evening together. Nice terrace and common area with a view. The most important for me is a good night sleep in a comfortable bed which was definitely the case. Definitely the place for the social crowd.. If you keep an open mind, i think you will very pleasantly surprise. Wifi only in common room.

I had the most amazing time at This hostel! The location is very good, very central and very easy to get there from the airport. Staff are very nice and there is a common area in the rooftop where everyone meets. Totally recommend it, made my stay in Istanbul even better :)

Great times myself and my mate had at harmony hostel. Excellent value for money and the staff were heaps nice. Shaqa, Ehab and Kim(great Aussie lass) were really helpful and great to hang out with. The best aspect of this place is deifnitley the people you meet and the family vibe it gives off. Every night everyone would climb to the top drink beer and battle in back gammon. Definitely recommend!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Great stay, so good I extended ! Thank you all, wonderful hostel!

I loved this hostel! Free breakfast was A+++ , staff were friendly and enjoyed hanging out with guests! the roof top made for a great social space and I always felt secure because of the pin pad locks on each room! ALSO the Murphy beds are such a GOOD idea!!! More hostels should use them! They save space by letting you put things under your bed and sleeping on your belongings gives great piece of mind ;) thank you harmony hostel for a great stay in istanbul! I'll be back for sure :)

Loved this hostel, perfect for a solo traveller, staff are helpful

good location and good price! And staff is good, he made reservation of the bus and other things. Free-wifi is also good. But, I had one problem, When I went to the toilet, a toilet paper was empty. So please check whether toilet has paper or not.

• 22nd Oct 2014