Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hüdavendıgar Cad. No: 20 Sirkeci / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel was very disappointing. The dorm room we were in was very poorly lit, you couldn't see anything at nighttime so we were wearing our headlights! The breakfast is tiny, not buffet. The place was clean, but a bit strange as some hostel staff lived there and all their cupboards and clothes were in our room. No atmosphere whatsoever. Not much of a common area in the warmth. And the neighbourhood itself, Sultanahmet, is terribly touristic and you should NOT stay in this area! Nice staff.

Awesome hostel in a perfect location! Very close to many museums, mosques, shops, restaurants, and public transportation. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Every night the staff cooks up a delicious communal meal at the rooftop lounge/bar for only 13TL(~4.40 Euros). Great way to meet other travelers. Also, you can't beat the free breakfast every morning. Rooms were clean and secure. I would definitely stay here again and plan on it when I eventually make it back to Turkey!

• 24th Oct 2015

The location is great, within a short walking distance to a lot of the main attractions on the European side of the city including the Grand Bazaar and Blue Mosque. The hostel itself has large clean rooms, as well as a great communal rooftop terrace. The staff are really friendly and make you feel right at home, most nights everyone sits up on the terrace and the staff cook a traditional meal, which is super cheap and tastes amazing. I would definitely stay here again.

• 19th Oct 2015

It's hard to find a better location for exploring the old city. The roof terrace is great for eating or just hanging out and the staff were very helpful. My only major issue was that the locker under my bed was hard to open and close, but there was a secondary locker in the room, so it wasn't too big of a problem. The loudspeakers from the nearby mosque usually woke me up each morning, but I liked to think of them as my Istanbul alarm clock.

My time at harmony hostel was very nice, I basically booked for a few days and ended staying a week. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the location is great, close t most attraction and train station. The best is Saad cooking exotic dishes in a traditional way in the common room on the roof top terrace with stunning view over Istanbul.

Brilliant place to spend some time. The staff are friendly, the rooms are spacious and the dinners are delicious and incredibly good value at 10tl. The atmosphere is great and very relaxed. I spent quite a while here and got know lots of people. As one of the cheapest hostels in Istanbul it definitely punches above it's weight. Your only problem might be lack of security and lack of access to a kitchen but this isn't really a problem due to the very cheap dinners. Would definitely recommend it.

Great staff and location. It was a nice change to have your own bed not a bunk!!

I really enjoy my time at harmony the staff are very nice and friendly the location are great. the best about the hostel is the nice common room on the roof and saad he makes the best food Especially humus and falafel.

Great hostel with lots of cool people. The dorm rooms are huge and you never feel like people are living on top of you (even when they are). I've met people from all over the world and became friends with a lot of them. Close to all the major locations and there's always something going on at the roof terrace. Some nights there's tasty food for a very reasonable price made by Master Chef Saad.

• 4th Oct 2015

Hostel is in a good location. Walking distance to the main mosques. Public transport is only 2 minutes walk from the hostel. 30 minute walk to Taksim Square. Awesome staff always willing to help you out in anyway they can. Rooftop bar offers free breakfast and also supplies a cheap dinner which everyone gets around. Would stay again if I come back to istanbul.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Staffs were excellent, thank you so much for helping me about my luggage. They have a terrace with a really nice view but the things were not clean enough while eating.

It's been some days since I've came back to this small little place on the corner of Europe and I feel like I want to come back to be with you all again! What to say about this place? Everything is good, but like everything in life, people are always the ones who make the moments greater and unforgetable. Thank you: -Ahmad for your kindness and your big smile -Aksu for being so sweet and for the night funny moments -Dear Saad for your amazing food -Yza for being so kind Portuguese misses you**

Great location. Great atmosphere! Wish we could have stayed longer! The people were awesome

This hostel was so lovely and homey! The staff were great. They were all so friendly and made sure everyone had fun. Especially Saad who cooked an amazing dinner every night which bought everyone together and the food was probably the best I've ever had. Especially the falafel! The location is great as well!

Unbeatable location, good price and facilities. Staff really friendly and helpful (Thanks Aksu for brought us to proper urkish places) and lovely roof terrace. Free breakfast and delicious dinners (around 10 TL) with amazing view to Hagia Sofia and Golden Horn.

Easy to find and great location, a few steps from Gulhane tram stop. Short walk to Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, and maybe 15min walk to Grand Bazaar. Security could be better, it's easy to manage to come in undetected. The beds are nice as they are not bunk beds and you can store your stuff under the mattress. I only stayed for one night for a layover and this was a great choice for me.

What a great hostel! The location couldn't be more central and the rooftop terrace offers spectacular views to every side. The rooms are spacious and clean. It is quite a social place with a great atmosphere and I've met some amazing people during my stay there. Probably the best part about the hostel aside from the rooftop is the amazing staff, who really make this hostel a place where you enjoy spending time. Ask Saad to make falafel for dinner, they are insanely delicious! ;)

Yessss. Sweet place to hang out with the awesome staff and take a long gaze at the bul. Do it

Overall another wry good stay. I will say your experience here is made by staff! Great social roof with cheap hostel dinners. Free breakfast was good! Only negative was the nighttime staff member..... He rubbed me the wrong way a few times. I found him very unprofessional and disorganized. Everyone else great! Would recommend :)

A big Thank you to Hussein, Saed and Jasper. The three took care about me and created a good atmosphere. In the evening we played backgammon, listened to music and talked to several nationalities. Especially I will miss the Dinner Saed prepared for us because I think Saed belongs to one of the best cooks I met. It was just delicious!!!

• 20th Sep 2015