Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hoca Pasa Mah.Hudavendigar Cad .no26, Istanbul, Turkey

Convenient location, but being right next to the tram line means lots of noise from the street. Beds were nice, as we're bathrooms, but didn't get much sleep due to the noise. Had an issue with the power outlet next to my bed, fixed promptly. Wifi only on the rooftop lounge/bar. Probably wouldn't stay again.

If you are traveling to Istanbul (and if you are not you should be!) the Harmony Hostel is an awesome place to stay. The staff are incredible, so giving, always there for you and they really know the town. The rooftop is beautiful and picturesque, the rooms are clean and the location is brilliant, a short walk to the Palace and all of the major Mosques and a longer but beautiful walk to the waterfront and Taksim Square and its incredible nightlife (and day life!).

Did not enjoy my one-night stay here at all. Room was at level two next to tramway, it was soooo noisy at night and in the morning when the trams were running. People were talking and rowdy in the clubs down the street, dogs were barking and kept me awake. The staff could not answer a single question we asked him. (directions/ airport shuttle). Wifi only existed at the rooftop. Room and toilets were clean.

Had a really fantastic time at the hostel. The hostel is situated in the old town of the city, so nearly everything is just next to the place. It has a great terace at its roof where is easy to have a nice view of the Bospurus, find some rest in the afternoon, welcome the day with nice breakfast in the morning or meet other travellers in the evening.Thx especially to the friendly & very helpful staff: Ali, Nour and Shaker anticipated my every wish and showed me the way to every place.

• 16th Jun 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpful and location is great. Near the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia and also lots of restaurants.

great location, great staff. great breakfast serving guy. cant complain. although the quality of rooms could have been better:)

Here is the best hostel in Istanbul!!!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Japan

The staff that work there are so nice and really cool people; the owners not so much. They're jerks in my opinion treat the staff pretty crappy. The hostel is what you would expect on cleanliness , it's a really good location to many things, right in front of the tram (good for access but bad because it can be very noisy). The breakfast is good! I would stay there if the owners weren't such jerks. If you don't care, it's a good place to stay. Don't book bus to cappadocia there, use a travel co.

Good and cheap hostel! We stayed just for one night, but the staff was really helpful in everything that we needed! The localization is perfect, in a walking-distance from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia.

I really love this place! The best thing about Harmony hotel is the stuff treats you as a friend but not as a customer. Go the the terass upsters - it's the coolest place ever! The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, location is just prefect because it's the middle of the old sity so I could feel the atmosphere of old Istanbul. I've stayed a couple of times in this hostel and definitely I will recomend it to all my friends.

• 19th May 2014
  • Russia

Great location for tourist nice terrace with bar to spend evening friendly staff big rooms with single beds (even room for 10 people was not crowded). it is good to bring your own lock, because some lockers do not have any good price (price differs at some servers, so I choosed the lowest one and it was respected) This was my first stay in hostel and I was very nicely surprised, when I return to Istanbul, I will stay in Harmony again.

• 18th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

i really enjoyed my stay at Harmony Hostel even that i stayed a couple of days but i felt great with the friendly staff , the location was great it's near to every things !! the beds were comfortable , the rooms clean , and at the terrace you can cook and drink what ever you want and there is amazing view En verdad la estadia en este hostal fue excelente, recomiendo a todos ir alli, todo el staff es muy amistoso en especial Nour ;)

• 15th May 2014
  • Colombia

This Hostel is right in the heart of the old Town of Istanbul, step out of the front door( but remember to add a few minutes to talk to the super friendly staff on the way out) and everything you need is on your doorstep. Choose to watch the cruise liners dock or marvel at the Blue Sofia from the roof terrace and enjoy the sound of the call to prayer from all directiions. Luxury living it is not, but if you want a bed, shower, bar and breakfast for under £10 a night this is for you. Love it!

• 11th May 2014

Very good hostel... Really close to all monuments that you can visit. Nice staff, good breakfast, nice terrace with good view and fresh air :) Nice place to stay for who come to stay for short time, because of good place of hostel. Near are all transport stations, especially for ferry. Recommended for everybody to staying here.

• 10th May 2014
  • Serbia

Great place to stay, super close to many historical sites, easy to get anywhere with the light rail on the doorstep. Only knock is that the locker did not work (but rooms had automatic door locks) and did not get internet in the room, although it had a router. Great people working the desk and bar area. Would recommend.

It was my fourth time in Harmony Hostel in Istanbul :)

Great location, helpful staff

• 2nd May 2014
  • Pakistan

Thanks to all of the staff for making our stay this special: Nour for always being so helpful and friendly, always having a smile on your lips. Special thanks to Çağlayan: We enjoyed your company a lot, you teaching us some words we would always forget and ask again ;) The barbecue, you playing turkish guitar... that was a magic evening! The turtle always wins ;) Thanks also to everybody else working there for you help, your kindness and for sharing your Istanbul-experiance with us! See u again!

Rooms are a good size for larger groups (we had 5). Good location and breakfast (but basic). Lock on our door was temperamental and the hostel staff came into our room to get stores from a cupboard in our room. Being directly below the terrace where breakfast was served was noisy.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was very good at constantly smoking and not being at the front desk, but when we found out our shower was leaking into the room we told the staff and they said it would be fixed. It was never fixed and we had to just let water pour onto our floor. The floor of the room was uneven and looked like it was built by kids in shop class.