Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hüdavendıgar Cad. No: 20 Sirkeci / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Very good value. I extended my stay because it was a good location. Nice breakfast in the morning. Bob is a good host.

It's good.i booked this hostel for one day than I am booked it for 3 days.becouse it's very good

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

Here is the worst Hostel I have ever stayed, Water stops suddenly even during the shower. I can't use hot water in the morning sometimes evening also. And there is one or two heaters in my room but it doesn’t work. It was horrible experience. I was freak cold. I couldn’t sleep there. And you can’t never use Wifi in the room. You have to go roof-top but it is a temporary building very cold in there. and Hostel staff turn on the light when I was sleep about 4:00AM because of his business.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The best part of this hostel is reception staff and the location. Great bunch of guys at the reception. The location is close to all the tourist spots. However, no info at the reception on activities or tourist sites, not even a map of Istanbul. Breakfast is less that poor. Can expect bread, butter jam and tea/coffee. Very poor on hygiene. People smoke indoors which I thought was appalling. The place itself is a dump. Air conditioning didn't work in the room. No hot water in the toilet.

The staff were really nice but unfortunately the smell of smoke was everywhere or else we would have stayed longer. The 6 bed room had 7 beds in it, it was really cold and you could hear the trams on the street. Breakfast was 5 small pieces of bread: 2 plain, 3 french toast. Coffee and tea was available anytime though. Again, the staff was really nice but this just wasn't the place for us.

• 23rd Dec 2014

good place to expand time. very close for all the turistic places in istambul and u can eaily go the both aiports, clean. good internet.

Great hostel, the 3 guys from the staff are very friendly and the breakfast is better. Just a few blocks from the principal turistical places (sultanhamed)

Overall, I had a nice stay in the hostel because the people I met there. However, the staff was some of the most unhelpful hostel workers I've ever encountered. The other thing about the staff is they would tell you 1 price for the dinner then up it when it was time to pay for it None of the doors locked (like toilet or shower) and there was only wifi on the rooftop terrace. The breakfast was pretty good though.

Staff were great!

The staff are pretty useless in terms of suggestions of places. There was nothing planned to do at all. I had to carry a 30kl bag up 5 stories as the staff member watched on and said "You almost up here?" The breakfast was good. The upstairs lounge was nice, but the staff turned it into a tinder box every night smoking. Even the smoking guests would go outside to smoke, trying to give the ignorant staff members a hint, but they never got it. The rooms were nice but had a bit of a musty smell.

Amazing - what hospitality. The three Syrian guys that run the place are angels. In addition to breakfast they'll invite you to join then for some Syrian cuisine for dinner. Also it was so great to have friendly disinterested help. When I asked for a laundry these guys showed me the cheapest local laundry mat (instead of charging me an arm and a leg).When I brought over friends from other hostels they were more than happy to have them and made them tea and coffee. I can go on and on.Thanks guys!

Great staff, clean rooms, it would be nice to see fitted sheets on the bed. The common room was under construction so I'm sure it will look great once it's done and hopefully there will be an area for non-smokers to use the wifi and hang out. It was a treat to have dinner made in the hostel by the master chef! :)

it was a great experience to be in the Harmony hostel, i liked everything, especially it's location. When i go back to Istanbul, i will definitely stay there again.

Great hostel, great vibe, great people

Exellent.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

I had a great night in there. Harmony Hostel's location is great. Staff were very friendly. But I found that breakfast and shower was very poor compare to other hostels which I stayed in Turkey. And electricity was unstable, you can expect blackout, sometime.

Very good location, it has lockers available, breakfast oki (bread, tomato, cucumber , cheese, jelly, french toast). Internet only in the commune area and they are constantly smoking there. Even thought the make movie nights and were friendly.

spacious rooms with their own showers and toilets. Great lounge area on roof with view. You can't get wifi everywhere because the building is so large but it wasn't a big issue for me.

Great stay here, Ihab, Samer, Shaker are pretty helpful in everything. Atmosphere is great. Location is central. Mama helps clean the room very day. There is no stress to stay. You can just enjoy the time to chill in Istanbul.

Cheap, character filled rooms in the perfect location. Recommended! The young Syrian guys at the front desk were amazing. Very friendly and helpful! 'Volunteer' backpacker making the breakfast was unfriendly, late and hungover.