Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hoca Pasa Mah.Hudavendigar Cad .no26, Istanbul, Turkey

When we arrived planning to stay in the 6 bed room like we had booked, they informed us our room had an issue and we'd need to stay in the 11 bed room on bunk beds. This happened for the next night as well, until the third night when our room was finally ready. It turned out the shower was leaking, which was the reason for the closure, although we quickly learned the problem hadn't been solved when it leaked that morning. However, the staff was incredible, as was the rooftop patio and location.

• 18th Apr 2014

Hostel has a great location, good breakfast and (when we were there) some very friendly staff. However there is much room for improvement (especially in bathrooms & toilets). A dedicated and motivated team with smart management could make it much better and one of the best hostels this side of the Golden Horn. Many thanks and compliments to the staff, especially Kevin and Nour. Special HI's to everyone!

We booked for a 6 bed room. We arrived and were allocated into a 8 bed that turned into a 9 bed 2 days later. The room w/ two showers, one was leaking and making the whole room wet, the other ran out of water or hot water. Staff promised to fix it by the end of the 1st day but it wasn't after the 4 days we spent there. A real headache. Everyday we had to take a shower in a different room, which not only bothered us but the people there. Staff needs better training. Breakfast and location nice.

It is a very simple hostel, but i really recommend this one. it is very close from Hagia Sophia and other attractions. The staff is very helpful, breakfast simple, different but good. problems: wifi doesn't work in the bedroom, but it helps to know another people in the common area

Rooms and bathrooms were filthy. Ran out of food for breakfast before we had got there. Booking made for 4 people, weren't put together. Beds very uncomfortable. Reception left unattended even when all our luggage was there. Definitely not what we had expected. Lucky it was cheap.

Staff at the counter desk who looks like john lennon with long hair is kinda weird...is he stoned? Rarely at the counter. Poor wireless connection inside the room. No kitchen but rooftop bar. Limited AC power plugs and socket inside the dorm. Those staffs working at the rooftop bar are friendly especially the french and syrian guys.

It was a very good hostel, with perfect location, staff and breakfast.

Staff was great and helpful, the atmosphere rocked, and the location is perfect for seeing the sights!

I was there one year ago and I was highly safisfied. Despite this year there were less guestst, I was satisfied again.

This hostel was very awesome! A perfect backpackers hostel. The terrace is beautiful to hang out at all times of the day and perfect to meet people from all around the world. Special shout out to staffman Ahmad for making it a great experience.

• 7th Mar 2014

İT'S REALLY BEATİFUL HOSTEL İN THE SULTAN AHMET İ BEEN THERE WEEK AGO. NİCE PEAPLE WERE THERE İT'S MORE İMPORTANT THE LOCATION. İT'S EASY TO GO EVERY WERE İ LİKED THERE TERRACE BECAUSE JUST RELAX WHİT İSTANBUL PANORAMA İ LİKE TO WATCH SHIP AND SEA..İ HOPE EVERY BADY TRY TO GO THERE..:))

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

I really enjoyed my stay at Harmony Hostel. The staff was very friendly, and always readily available! I was in a six bedroom dorm, and it was very spacious. There was a shared water closet and shower. Overall, my experience was very positive and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Great place, very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very clean. WiFi worked for me (not high-speed ... but totally okay for me). Very good breakfast. I just stayed one night, but I´ll stay there next time being in Istanbul.

• 16th Feb 2014

Negative points: Not the best place for meeting people and the staff are friendly but kind of useless when it comes to give you information about the city (I waited two days for a map that never came to my hands!). Apart from that, the location is great, there are lockers and towells, the rooms are spacious and everything works well... I strongly recommend it!

The best hostel I have stayed in ,Fantastic atmosphere made by amazing helpful staff which made me feel at home, cozy terrace with nice view over Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace, great location near to the touristic area ,Clean big rooms with nice hot shower , all the beds are single with huge space to store the luggage, I would definitely recommend this place :)

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Syria

Location is very good to do sightseeing, eating and shopping. Friendly staff and clean room. Sometimes you can taste local food by extra fee. Nice hostel!

for sure is one of the best hostel i ever been, very nice place very close to main atraction, pretty safe, and with amazing stuff, if you go there you must know saad, he works over there and for sure a ispiration as person, you must know him, i do recomend this hostel if you visit istanbul.

Toilet paper was out....not always a person at the reception...Good central point...the neon sign not clear enough...i was standing in front of it and couldn't see it.

Harmony Hostel is a cozy place, with very friendly and helpfull staff, who even prepare their local food so we can taste it! It has a good value for money, is very clean, confortable, close to the main touristic places, with good WiFi in the common areas - one of them being perfect to hang around and meet other guests, with free coffee and tea all day long - with towels and linnen included and a nice breakfast every morning. I ended up staying there for one week and I definitely recommend it!!

• 20th Jan 2014

Had a nice long stay at Harmony. Good facilities, they let me use the kitchen everyday and helped me find everything I need. Overall a great stay.