Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hoca Pasa Mah.Hudavendigar Cad .no26, Istanbul, Turkey

Nice hostel and good location. Wi-fi only in the commom area.

I had an entirely pleasant four-night stay in July. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and have air-conditioning. The roof terrace, which is the common area, has a lovely view of the sea and was never too crowded or noisy. The location is approximately a 5-minute walk from Sirkeci train station, around 10-minutes to the ferry station (for example, to Kadıköy) and it's along the tramline, so you can easily get the anything you need. .

• 10th Jul 2014

Good for a cheap stay, but a bit run down. 8 person dorm was really noisey from tram line so bring ear plugs. Things like bathroom locks and air con could be improved and lots of the power outlets didn't work properly. Wifi only on terrace. But this place is super close to main attractions. Roof terrace is awesome. The big draw for this place is the awesome staff- super friendly and not sleazy(!).Must try saad's terrace dinners!

What a great place to stay! I am going to miss this hostel. I can't decide if the view from the rooftop terrace was better or the staff! The view from the top of the hostel was great- from (free) breakfast to dinner I brought back.. you have a great view. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Very helpful if I had any questions. The staff didn't treat my like just a customer but a friend. They made my stay in Istanbul so much more enjoyable. That being said it is still a hostel.

Perfect location, staff all nice, spectacular views from the amazing Terrace where you can also meet kind people.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Harmony Hostel is located five minutes away from blue mosque, hagia sophia and the underground basilica cisterne. You can also get quickly to other places by using the tram. The stuff was very friendly and helpfull!! You can spend your evenings on the lovely terrace on the roof top. The atmosphere there is amazing. I definately recommend the hostel with its friendly stuff. Especially Nour, who sit at the reception, was very kind and helpfull! :) I really enjoyed my days here.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Room is big and the Terrace very nice, recommended

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Syria

this is my most wonderful hostel experience. Harmony is a small hostel with fantastic atmosphere. i love to sit on the terrace having delicious food Saad made and talking with friends from all over the world. the staff there are all really nice and wonderful people, want to meet you again some day. thank you so much Saad, and the other staff i don't know how to write your names... sometimes the people i met become an important part of my journey rather than the city itself :D

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • China

I really loved it but I didn't have time to try BBQ again in this hostel.thank you Saad for you hospitality. I hope to see you soon. Nadim you don't know N.........G :)

Great location within easy walking distance of tram and all the major sites in the Old city. The rooftop terrace is beautiful. Overall, I loved this place and would absolutely stay here again. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Nice place to stay... Beds were actual beds and not bunks Staff really nice not sleazy! (Apart from shop owner downstairs) Roof top is nice... I wouldn't say best place to meet new people I was traveling with a friend so was good for me

Convenient location, but being right next to the tram line means lots of noise from the street. Beds were nice, as we're bathrooms, but didn't get much sleep due to the noise. Had an issue with the power outlet next to my bed, fixed promptly. Wifi only on the rooftop lounge/bar. Probably wouldn't stay again.

If you are traveling to Istanbul (and if you are not you should be!) the Harmony Hostel is an awesome place to stay. The staff are incredible, so giving, always there for you and they really know the town. The rooftop is beautiful and picturesque, the rooms are clean and the location is brilliant, a short walk to the Palace and all of the major Mosques and a longer but beautiful walk to the waterfront and Taksim Square and its incredible nightlife (and day life!).

Did not enjoy my one-night stay here at all. Room was at level two next to tramway, it was soooo noisy at night and in the morning when the trams were running. People were talking and rowdy in the clubs down the street, dogs were barking and kept me awake. The staff could not answer a single question we asked him. (directions/ airport shuttle). Wifi only existed at the rooftop. Room and toilets were clean.

Had a really fantastic time at the hostel. The hostel is situated in the old town of the city, so nearly everything is just next to the place. It has a great terace at its roof where is easy to have a nice view of the Bospurus, find some rest in the afternoon, welcome the day with nice breakfast in the morning or meet other travellers in the evening.Thx especially to the friendly & very helpful staff: Ali, Nour and Shaker anticipated my every wish and showed me the way to every place.

• 16th Jun 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpful and location is great. Near the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia and also lots of restaurants.

great location, great staff. great breakfast serving guy. cant complain. although the quality of rooms could have been better:)

Here is the best hostel in Istanbul!!!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Japan

The staff that work there are so nice and really cool people; the owners not so much. They're jerks in my opinion treat the staff pretty crappy. The hostel is what you would expect on cleanliness , it's a really good location to many things, right in front of the tram (good for access but bad because it can be very noisy). The breakfast is good! I would stay there if the owners weren't such jerks. If you don't care, it's a good place to stay. Don't book bus to cappadocia there, use a travel co.

Good and cheap hostel! We stayed just for one night, but the staff was really helpful in everything that we needed! The localization is perfect, in a walking-distance from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia.