Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hüdavendıgar Cad. No: 20 Sirkeci / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Harmony was an awesome place to stay while we were in Istanbul. The location is awesome, right by the blue mosque and grand bazaar. Most things in walking distance and public transport is easily accessible. Melin was the most amazing staff member who made us feel very welcome, she really set a great vibe for the hostel. Breakfast was good, our beds were comfy. Only issue I had was the cleanliness of the bathroom/toilet. The seat was broken and bins need to be changed more. Would highly recommend

Good hostel in a very good location, rooms are air conditioned and comfortable, entrance to the property is shabby however. Good top floor bar which provides decent views, cheapish drinks and a free breakfast each morning. Good relaxed atmosphere.

+ the location is very good, it's just like 100 meters from the central train station. The girls at the bar are very friendly and willing to help you. The included breakfast is free + good, soft beds. The other side? I chose this place because of the airco, which turned out to be broken (RC was lost...) It was very hot and humid in the room. water faucet leeking.Only after insisting the guy at the reception was willing to help by putting us in the big dorm with working AC, but for the same costs

everything was great , the staff was great too , they have great location , the hostel is very clean, the breakfast is very good and they make also very good dinner , the atmospher was amazing , i really enjoyed

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Pakistan

We had an amazing time staying at the harmony hostel all the staff were super friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great, we felt Like we had a family away from Home there. The rooms were clean and we felt very secure here, we'll defiantly come back.

Excellent hostel in Istanbul. Perfect location, great rooms and good free breakfast. Great bar on the terrace with amazing views. The friendly staff cook dinner for everyone sometimes (best falafels) which is always good. I definetly recommend harmony hostel!

Pros: good location, good wifi, decent breakfast, clean dorms and bathrooms Cons: beds could do with a foam topper. Dorms face the street so can be quite noisy at night. Would be good to be able to control the temperature on the aircon. Overall, good value for money. Would recommend.

This hostel was one of those you tell your friends never to stay at. The staff was unhelpful and hard to communicate with. We experienced challenges from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. One involved romming, we had paid for 5 beds in a female 5 bedroom and when we arrived we were told they made changes adding a 6th bed with a older male. Our transport to and from airport was incorrect and late. Unaccommodating, rude and unhelpful with every aspect of the stay.

• 6th Aug 2015

The guy at the front desk was super friendly and super patient with a very difficult old man.

• 5th Aug 2015

The hostel is really nice. I have booked the bed just for one night but decided to stay 2 nights more. The rooms are really big with comfortable beds. There is the toilet and shower in the room and at the corridor as well. You feel really like at home :) The breakfast is so colourful and delicious and it's included in the price! Always fresh bread and vegetables. You can surely get full after that. Caroline and Jasper are so kind and always ready to help with the smile :)

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Was generally great!!! There is an amazing terrace with Bosphorus view! The breakfast is so nice and people who serve it are so kind and helpful!:) All the staff is really nice! The guys who work at the reception desk have good information about the city. Rooms are great with this price. Was a pleasure to stay in that nice and cosy hostel! Recommend for everyone!:)

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Romania

Love staying at this place, I have been in more than 30 countries and I did enjoyed the staff at this place, specially Carolina (from Poland), Jasper (from Iran) and Hussein (from Syria) all of them were very helpful and took care of issues right away. Treated us with respect and friendliness. I did enjoyed specially talking and joking with Carolina, she's great.

staff Carolina and Jaspar very frienfly snd helpful.. good knowledge of area .

I was impressed with Hussein at reception in particular, very helpful, however there was another person at reception who was arrogant. My stay there was pleasant and I stayed longer than 3 days .

I was here with some friends during your interrail trip and I can say that this hostel is one of the best that I have been. the Staff is very nice and hard-working. If I were you, I would choose this hostel to spend some amazing days in Istanbul.

That's the second time I have stayed there. The location is perfect for all the sites around old town. The staff were extremely polite and always wanted to assist.

Very helpful and friendly staff!

• 19th Jul 2015

This hostel had a great location and was easy to find. The staff were very friendly, polite and extremely helpful, one even walked me to the train station and helped me figure my next route out! The rooftop terrace was neat, simple but welcoming, and the breakfast was fresh and sufficient. My only concern was the facilities themselves and the cleanliness. I experienced two pieces of furniture falling apart, the toilets were iffy/didn't always flush, and the bathrooms overall were disgusting.

I really liked my stay in this hostel, It's very centrical, comfortable and the especially the staff on the terrace is very nice and attentious. I recommend it!!

Very well located near the tram station "Gülhane" from where all monuments are easy to reach. Dormitories are spacious and very well enlightened and the staff very very friendly. I was very glad to stay there.