Istanbul Harmony Hostel Reviews

Hoca Pasa Mah.Hudavendigar Cad .no26, Istanbul, Turkey

I didn't have a nice stay at Harmony Hostel. First I was on the 4th floor, with no Wifi access and no water coming from the shower as soon as someone was using it on the floors below... Then I complained and they put me on the 2nd floor, where Wifi worked and the shower also. Great. But still this place is not a cosy one, a lot of facilities are in a bad state, water leaks in the toilet, some windows are broken. Otherwise the staff is nice and tries its best...

Great hostel, very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect, right in the middle of everything. Would definitely recommend!

Everyone was super nice! Breakfast was great, the rooms are very big an the beds are cozy. Great price for the location.

when I was in the room some other people came in, they were not guests in the hostel but apparently the receptionist let them use the lockers in the dorm to storage their things (!!!!) in addition the receptionist had a very peculiar sense of humor: as there's empty beds in the dorm, he joked he might come to sleep tonight,or we should sleep together(!?) Not funny. one window was broken and could not be closed, receptionist said would take a look but never did. wish I had stayed somewhere else

Very nice at reception and great location. Bar service and atmosphere could be better but very clean and safe. Good recommendations for Turkish bath. :)

Just an overall great stay. No bunk beds is awesome, spacious dorms, and an awesome indoor/outdoor rooftop terrace. Fantastic breakfast cooked up by the temporary resident Canadian, and a fabulous atmosphere where you are encouraged to meet people. Right in the middle of it all making the massive metropolis of Istanbul seem like a simply navigated smaller city. Can't recommend enough. Watching fireworks from the roof for the turkish holiday on the 29th was unforgettable too. Amazing views.

The location and staff of this hostel are the best! As a stranger to Turkey, the directions from the airport were right on and I had plenty of questions which were always answered. They give a nice breakfast as well.

An excellent location next to one of the main tram lines (and plenty of shops selling lokum and tea), friendly staff, and good storage space under the beds. A 2-minute walk from a cheap Internet cafe if you can't access Wi-Fi.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in - no bunk beds and showers and toilets in the dorm rooms. Rooftop terrace was a really fun place to hang out with other guests, and staff was so friendly.

This place is one of the best hostels we have ever been to, EVER. It has amazing private rooms, amazing staff and amazing everything, the terrace is HUGE and excellent when it comes to relax at any moment or when you want to meet people. You can buy beer and other beverages there. The only wierd thing about it is the entrance and first two floors, it's really cramped up and it looks like it doesn't have much of anything. Until you go up and find awesomeness.

Best hostel I've stayed in yet! Amazing staff that make you feel at home and are great to hang out with, the location can't be beat, there are no bunk beds, the showers are hot with good pressure, the terrace is stunning, the list goes on! Honestly can't think of a single negative thing about the place. I can't wait to go back! You'd be silly to pass this place up!

• 6th Oct 2013

The staff were extremely friendly and alway willing to help. Nice hot showers, really close to the tram line, easy to get to/from airport. Large rooms, no bunk beds was nice! Breakfast was decent, beautiful rooftop patio! Wifi was a little on/off at times, and it was loud at night with street traffic.. Other than that... A good place.

Thanks for your feedback :) The problem of the Wifi have been solved by the technical team .. and the Wifi now is always on/on :D Hope you had a nice trip ..

So nice and friendly! Very clean :)

• 30th Sep 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was a returning customer. The rooms were nice and small. I loved the roof top area and met lots of other travelers there. It has a great relaxing environment.

I've been to Istanbul many times before and stayed in several different hostels but will be staying at this one from now on (I'm actually back there again now). The staff at Harmony Hostel are amazing, very helpful and friendly. Well located, close to the Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar and a minute walk to the tram stop and has a really nice chillout spot on the roof overlooking the city and the river.

Stayed in this hostel for about 15 days. Highly recommand it! Nicely situated, nice neiberhood, clean. Awesome terrace on the rooftop, with a loundgy turkish livingroom, its a nice place to meet other travelers and the staff is very friendly. You will feel at home

Fantastic! Very friendly staff

The Hostel has good staff and a roof top chill out place. However, the basic thing I need in a hostel and I have been hostelling since 1991, so, I know a thing or two about hostels is a SAFE place to sleep and get a good shower. 6 people to 1 shower is a good ratio, however, the shower was clogged, within 1 minute the water on the floor is flooded. The room on 5th floor, 6 bed male dorm has no lock, yes, we got a key but the room was not locked. paid 45 lira for a bed. not worth it.

Super close to all the sights, great showers

My father and I recently spent several nights at your hostel. At first, he was somewhat reluctant to stay at a hostel and not a hotel. I assured him its value based on its location alone. I'm so grateful we stayed here. The true value of this hostel was the staff. They seamlessly worked together to create an experience that's left both my father and myself inspired.for the next journey. I looked past the poor security because I trusted the staff. I will recommend this hostel to others.

• 17th Sep 2013