Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but my single room was tidy clean and secure, especially for the price! The location is great! When I came back I stayed in the 21 room dorm, and again, it was fine for the price. Breakfast on the roof top is nice, and good spot for evening beers! They organised a great trip to Cappadocia for me and most things went smoothly with this. Overall -- Its nothing flash, but its clean, cheap and good location - great for a cheap backpackers!

Great location. Alright hostel.

It´s a great hostel in a top neighborhood. Including an atmospheric roofterrace and good rooms, it´s a really good place to stay. Only thing is, there was no locker in my dormitory room, but I was told that in other rooms they have it, so maybe ask for a different room if you like.

• 7th Sep 2014

It's was my second stay at Istanbul hostel and again I would book it without hesitation! Everything was perfect, staff was awesome as usual and you won't regret the view when having your nice breakfast on the terrace. 5 minutes walk from the blue mosque and arya Sophia, I definitly recommend it :-)

I was treated disgustingly by a member of staff called Yousef. Avoid him at all costs. The rest of the staff were pleasant enough and apologised for his poor behaviour. He literally attacked me for no reason. Otherwise, the hostel was decent. The location is perhaps its best selling point.

Enjoyed my stay here while searching for a room, as I am going to study here for a semester. The staff was very friendly and even gave me the golden tip for finding a room.

• 4th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff was really frıendly. The bed was soft an perfect. Nıce breakfast and ıt was really clean. The roof top was amazıng. Next tıme I am ın Istanbul I wıll choose thıs hostel for sure.

• Norway

Well-located in Sultanahmet area, close to major attractions like Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque, and the tram to further out areas like Kabataş. I really enjoyed my stay here. Only issue I would point out is the lack of lockers in the rooms to store valuables. Otherwise great.

• 4th Sep 2014

Even though this hostel has almost zero security and the facilities are old and grubby I absolutely loved it here. The location is amazing and the day staff are super nice (some staff are a bit grumpy but I think they are sleep deprived). They could use a couple more fans and some repairs to the bathrooms but if you plan on sightseeing and not hanging out in the hostel then this place is perfect.

All are the perfect for me. The location is good and the facilities are convenient as well as the staff are kind. I am satisfied with this hostel. !! 이스탄불호스텔 편하고 좋아요. 이스탄불에 있는 동안 4박했네요 ~ 짐도 보관할 수 있고 위치도 좋아요. 스태프도 친절하고요! 톱카프궁전 바로 근처에 있어요 :-)

It is very good location. I stayed the single in the house which had the kitchen and three rooms. It is quiet, but the window faced with the street so, you can hear all the chatting outside during the day.

We got to Istanbul with one day delay, as we had some unexpected problems in Bulgaria, but the staff had no problem with that, changed our booking, let us in at an ungodly early hour. We stayed in a double private room, which was very comfy, the bathrooms were nice and clean, and the location of the hostel itself is just THE BEST! plus, we were accompanied by sweet cats during our breakfasts. The room was quite pricey, but I guess that's what you have to pay for staying next to the Blue Mosque!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Istanbul hostel was like a home to me and my friends. We booked twice for a total of 10 days and İ serıously recommend it to everyone!! Location is perfect, staff is awesome and really helpful, breakfast is ıncluded, beds are comfortable and everything is clean. Definitly a great place to spend your vacatıons. We took the dormitory wıth 21 beds and honestly it never felt like we were that much in the room. It is spacious and because its located in the basement, it doesnt get to hot.

It was a wonderful days ın a Istanbul! The staff were really freındly and the locatıon was perfect. !

• 30th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Good location and cheap hostel with good rooms. However the bathrooms are disgusting, they looked like they have not had a proper clean In probably ever! There is also no security, no lockers, no lock on the door and anyone can walk into the hostel and any room in it. Nice terrace but overall it was disappointing

Love, love, love Istanbul Hostel! The location couldn't be anymore central than this!! It's barely 5 minutes walk away from all the main attractions in the Sultanahmet area: Blue Mosque, Ayasofya, Topkapı Palace & Basilica Cistern! It's really value for money & we enjoyed our 10 days stay there. I am pregnant so we booked the Standard Double Bed Private Shared Bathroom & were given an apartment on the second floor of a groceries shop which we don't mind at all. Love the privacy too! ;)

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Good hostel in an excellent location, within easy walking distance of many of the main sights. Staff were always friendly and helpful.

Great location. great rooftop bar overlooking the water and staff were amzing.

• 26th Aug 2014

it was very nice to stay at this hostel

• 24th Aug 2014

We spend a very good days in the hostel for more than 7 days! perfect place to stay in Istanbul. Paco help us with not only info about the city he aswell help us with al the things that we need.

• 22nd Aug 2014