Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Had a great time at Istanbul Hostel! The staff was really friendly and helpful and it was so centrally located. Only 5 minutes to Hagia Sofia, the blue mosque and the Baslica Cistern! I could not have had a better time here.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great place to stay in town.

• 14th Apr 2014

A great location (there really couldn't be better) and nice facilities as well.

Directions to get there aren't clear, I got lost for half an hour. On my first day in Istanbul, I left the trousers and blouse on my bed and they got stolen. I went to the receptionist, who's name starts with an M, looking for help, he came to my room, didn't know what to say and started YELLING at me walking away after. I would leave next day if it wouldn't be for a nice man who runs the travel agency, he offered me apologies and a refund or 1 free dinner. Bad staff, lovely terrace and locat

Staff not always there but really good location

The staff was very friendly and the hostel was in a excellent location. The view from the terrace was awesome and the breakfast was better than some 2 star hotels i've stayed. Definitely go back, well worth the stay!

Stayed with a group of friends and really loved the place. It is in the best location possible, a minutes walk from blue mosque and hagia sophia situated in the heart of the old city. The terrace restaurant has sweeping views of the great buildings and the sea in the background. Would completely recommend for backpackers.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • India

Its a nice located hostel, there is free breakfast at the rooftop where you can see the Bosporus! we really enjoyed our first stay, and came back after traveling in Turkey for another night!

I think it is very comfortable and well located. Very clean and awesome staff. Will definitely come back.

• 11th Apr 2014

Chill place. Paco was incredibly helpful: he didn't charge me for the first night I missed bc I missed my flight and lacked internet access to contact him. He also allowed me to use the computer for a couple hours after I checked out so that I could complete my taxes. Loved the beds and decor inside. Great location by the sights and close to the water. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at if not the very best.

• 11th Apr 2014

It was a really good location, very close to a lot of the tourist attractions. The staff was friendly, but you should do your research on places to go and not just blindly follow their advice. I did not enjoy the bath house they sent us to and there are plenty in the same price range that are much nicer.

• 8th Apr 2014

Very friendly and funny staff (think quiet, grim looking but sarcastic and funny). Location is very close to the main tourist attractions, hard to meet people though, with no real common room and no kitchen. Not ideal if you're looking to live with the locals but very clean. Suits some but I'd probably stay at Taksim next time.

Very helpful and friendly staff with a great location, right In the centre. Nice breakfast too!

• 7th Apr 2014

Helpful staff.well located for the major tourist sites and transport. Large occupancy dorms in a large airy room with ventilation.Roof terrace nice breakfast good they even allowed me to have breakfast on my early morning check in. Bunk beds need more height between them

The location is just fantastic, you can see Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque tops from the terrace. Amazing. Staff friendly, chatty with a nice sense of humor :) Breakfast included, nothing special but appreciated. Hostel was really really clean. Can only recommend.

I have been at many hostels, and Istanbul hostel is one of the best. I will stay there at my next trip to Istanbul for sure.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Nice Hostel, great staff. really close to sights like Ayasofia and Sultanahmed Mosque. Free breakfast every morning. best value or money in Istanbul ithink!

The staff was accomodating and the hostel was a short, walkable distance to many of the major sights, really the perfect location. Comfortable, very clean rooms. Great place!

Istanbul hostel was in the perfect location to view all of the sights of Sultanahmet, the hostel was clean, comfortable and the wifi was good. Definitely good value for money. Paco went out of his way to help us get from the airport to the hostel and overall we had a great stay. Only thing missing was a common room to socialise with other backpackers however there was a cool cafe next door and a restaurant upstairs.

Good, cheap