Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The location of this hostel is excellent although the showers and bathrooms are communal and this was a downfall for me. The rooms were very good but no kitchen to prepare any of your own food or drink. The staff also weren't as helpful and friendly as hoped and the free map is impossible to read and navigate. Overall I was personally looking for a friendly and homely feel as a lone female traveller in Istanbul I didn't feel safe anywhere.

Excellent ubication and personal, Paco Was a big friend!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel has great staff and a frıendly atmosphere. The recently upgraded showers are wonderful and the rooftop restauraunt ıs a great spot to eat delıcıous food and vıew the cıty. The locatıon rıght ın the heart of Sultanahmet ıs perfect for sıghtseeıng but ıt ıs also very close to publıc transportatıon to see other areas of Istanbul.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Istanbul Hostel. The staff was very friendly and always eager to help. One day, I lost my wallet in front of the hostel. Of course, I didn't know where I lost it and so I was devastated. But I talked to one of the staff about it ten minutes later and after identifying me, he immediately gave me my wallet. Everything was still inside - all my cards, all my money. Obviously, I was extremely relieved and thankful! Thank you, Istanbul Hostel, I'd love to come back!

• 21st May 2015

Best hostel in Istanbul!! Paco the best

• 20th May 2015
  • Mexico

Great! Good value for money. Convenient location. Clean and QUIET! Showers and toilets clean and working well. Helpful staff. Roomy dorm. I will go there again!

• 20th May 2015

A very secure and wonderful place. They helped. Picu is a very nice guy.

• 18th May 2015
  • Pakistan

Plus: + Excellent location + Cleaner than you'd expect + Friendly staff + Turkish Lira, Euro and Dollars accepted Minus: - Just two toilets and two showers for 5 rooms (around 60-80 beds) on the first floor. We didn't encounter any queues during our stay, but something to keep in mind in more crowded seasons. - The bar/restaurant has excellent view but horrible overpriced food. It's perfect for a drink, but don't eat there, there are better places a few minutes walk away.

• 15th May 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice location, very friendly staff 24/7. Facilities are very clean and thé view during breakfast is really breathtaking. Totally recommend! Really great return on investiment! :)

Terrace with Bosphorus view and location near Blue Mosque and Agya Sophia are the good side. Staff is not very helpful when we tried to have infos on transport to airport and to get our bags to our room since we changed from dorm to a private room. Our dorm and bathroom doors were situated right in the reception room, which was a bit crowdy. Our private room was in a different building near the hostel and had no wifi. Breakfast is limited compared to other hostel we visited in Turkey.

The hostel is a very well located place in the heart of Sultanahmet. It is clean, the shower has amazing hot water and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Especially Paco is an awesome guy who helped me out a lot and was always there to answer my questions. There is also a really nice rooftop restaurant with excellent food and lovely staff. I definitely recommend this hostel to everyone!

For the reviews that I had read, i gotta tell, i thought it would be better than it actually was. The location was awesome, pretty close to the "most important" sightseeings , easy to get around and good infrastructure around it (most bars and stores for tourists though). The facilities were enough for most travellers, not anything "fancy". The restaurant/bar had a great view and atmosphere, but the prices were way too overrated. After all I think that it is a good option.

• 12th May 2015

PACO and the staff were AWESOME.

There were no storage lockers so everything was out in the open all day long. There was also no key needed for anything, anyone could just walk in to both the hostel and the rooms. But that being said, couldn't have asked for a better location. 3 minutes walk away from the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque.

Amazing hostel, great vibes, and literally around the corner from the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, so you'll find no better location in Sultanahmet for sightseeing. The roof terrace is spectacular and I've never met more fun folks at a hostel. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Istanbul hostel is perfectly located in Sultanahmet, next to all the main tourist attractions such as Hagia Sofia and Topkapi Palace and much more! :) They serve free breakfast which is very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful- Paco is an awesome guy, he allways helped me with anything I needed! There is also a beautiful rooftop restaurant with an amazing view and nice meals and nice staff! All in all it's an excellent hostel, totally worth the money and I highly recommend it! :)

friend stayed here previously so i decided to book. hostel is pretty basic but it is in a really good location.. walking distance to tophaki palace, blue mosque, grand bazaar and more. free breakfast with typical turkish breakfast, veggies and bread. restaraunt on the top floor with decent food.

The location could not be better! Right in the heart of Sultanahmet and a couple minutes walk to Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya. Staff super helpful. No common areas but there is a rooftop restaurant (where you get a bit of breakfast in the morning). No keys for dorm rooms, but there are lock boxes (if you have a small enough lock!). Would definitely recommend for a stay for a couple of nights.

The breakfast, location and security were the best things of this hostel. I enjoyed my stay there. Only 10 minutes walk from all the important sites and very close to the tramway station.

• 7th May 2015
  • Chile

Nice shower, nice bed, very well located. It worths.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7