Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

great ubication, nice staff, nice rooms and bathrooms, definitely i will be back!

This is a great hostel, can't fault the location and the views from the rooftop are brilliant. However, it's more like a hotel in terms of facilities in that there aren't really any socialising areas beyond the public restaurant/bar on the roof, so not necessarily the place if you're looking to meet people. Also, there is a party street behind the hostel which can be a bit noisy at night. However, I would go back!

We had a great time during the 4 days stay at Istanbul Hostel. Location is excellent, clean rooms and very nice view from the upper terrace. It is also very good value for money, we definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Istanbul!

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Romania

I really like this hostel, the staff here are really helpful and friendly. the location here is wonderful you can walk 5 mins to Blue moseque aya sofya. Anyway it is the place perfect for see Istanbul

I stayed in Istanbul Hostel for 5 days. Had a great time here with fellow travellers from all over the world. The hostel is right in the middle of all the action and touristic attractions. 2 minute walk to Ayasofia, Blue Mosque, Basillica Cistern and much more. The hostel is clean, bathrooms are very good with very good showers. And Paco is a legend, helping you out with all your questions and needs in Istanbul! Highly recommended!

• 14th Apr 2015

Really Nice hostel, clean, nice emplacement and very nice staff! Recommend it definitively! :-)

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Best location. Good value for money. Would recommend to a friend

Fantastic location, incredible staffs (specially Paco!!!) Grrat viee and the cheapest rate! You are awesome!

• 11th Apr 2015

The hostel is in the restaurant and bar area near the St. Sophia. The location of it is so good. I can walk to Blue Mosque and even the port. But the breakfast in there is so-so.

Breakfast good ! Beds are very comfortable. Location is simply perfect!

Is in a great location! In terms of security for our bags, I didnt feel very comfortable leaving my stuff. We were in the dorm in the basement with 21 other people and the doors to this room are always open and the doors to the hostel are always open during the day so anyone could come down to the room. Luckily we had no problems with our stuff. The hostel guys are good but the man who owns the restaurant is super creepy not trustworthy and the food is not good.

I've stayed here twice now and definitely would again. The location is amazing (just a couple of minutes from the Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace). The rooms were always clean and comfy and the bathrooms were also clean. Wifi was good. The guys who work there are very friendly and helpful.

• 8th Apr 2015

I had an awesome time here and will gladly come back again. The stuff was very helpful (especially paco). To sum it up, great people, great atmosphere and so close to everything that you could visit almost everything in one day if you"re in a hurry.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

The people I met at this hostel TRULY made the experience unbelievable. The staff is super friendly and the location is amazing -- I would definitely go back here!

• 4th Apr 2015

Great place to stay. Location, staff, security and security are tops. Good rooftop bar, and good food at the restaurant too. Staff provides really good adviceadvice.

I have only words of thanks for the staff of the hostel. The location is 5 stars hotel.I´m sure that quality-price is the best hostel of Turkey

I guess you can't do much about the number of bathrooms/toilets but you could fix the door to the one on the 1st floor so it can be closed :) It would also be good to install some additional lights in the room (we stayed in a 6-persons room) and there only one big lamp in the middle of the celing

I enjoyed my stay in Istanbul Hostel! The location is amazing. Great value for money.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • China

Great location. Friendly staff. Sadly let down by having zero atmosphere. The roof terrace is a public restaurant rather than a bar or communal area for the hostel. The lack of social space is definitely not conducive to it being a particularly friendly/fun hostel. This may well have been something to do with the other guests there at the time though. It is not really the fault of the hostel.

• 31st Mar 2015

The Istanbul hostel was really great for several reasons but also lacking in a few things. Firstly, the location absolutely can't be beat! You are within 5 minutes walking distance from all the major sights in Istanbul and they have a rooftop patio with great views of the Bosphorus! One major thing lacking was that the hostel doesn't have lockers! I had brought my laptop along on this trip and was upset that I couldn't lock it up. Also, they don't even have keys so anyone can enter the building.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7