Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

A very secure and wonderful place. They helped. Picu is a very nice guy.

• 18th May 2015
  • Pakistan

Plus: + Excellent location + Cleaner than you'd expect + Friendly staff + Turkish Lira, Euro and Dollars accepted Minus: - Just two toilets and two showers for 5 rooms (around 60-80 beds) on the first floor. We didn't encounter any queues during our stay, but something to keep in mind in more crowded seasons. - The bar/restaurant has excellent view but horrible overpriced food. It's perfect for a drink, but don't eat there, there are better places a few minutes walk away.

• 15th May 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice location, very friendly staff 24/7. Facilities are very clean and thé view during breakfast is really breathtaking. Totally recommend! Really great return on investiment! :)

Terrace with Bosphorus view and location near Blue Mosque and Agya Sophia are the good side. Staff is not very helpful when we tried to have infos on transport to airport and to get our bags to our room since we changed from dorm to a private room. Our dorm and bathroom doors were situated right in the reception room, which was a bit crowdy. Our private room was in a different building near the hostel and had no wifi. Breakfast is limited compared to other hostel we visited in Turkey.

The hostel is a very well located place in the heart of Sultanahmet. It is clean, the shower has amazing hot water and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Especially Paco is an awesome guy who helped me out a lot and was always there to answer my questions. There is also a really nice rooftop restaurant with excellent food and lovely staff. I definitely recommend this hostel to everyone!

For the reviews that I had read, i gotta tell, i thought it would be better than it actually was. The location was awesome, pretty close to the "most important" sightseeings , easy to get around and good infrastructure around it (most bars and stores for tourists though). The facilities were enough for most travellers, not anything "fancy". The restaurant/bar had a great view and atmosphere, but the prices were way too overrated. After all I think that it is a good option.

• 12th May 2015

PACO and the staff were AWESOME.

There were no storage lockers so everything was out in the open all day long. There was also no key needed for anything, anyone could just walk in to both the hostel and the rooms. But that being said, couldn't have asked for a better location. 3 minutes walk away from the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque.

Amazing hostel, great vibes, and literally around the corner from the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, so you'll find no better location in Sultanahmet for sightseeing. The roof terrace is spectacular and I've never met more fun folks at a hostel. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Istanbul hostel is perfectly located in Sultanahmet, next to all the main tourist attractions such as Hagia Sofia and Topkapi Palace and much more! :) They serve free breakfast which is very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful- Paco is an awesome guy, he allways helped me with anything I needed! There is also a beautiful rooftop restaurant with an amazing view and nice meals and nice staff! All in all it's an excellent hostel, totally worth the money and I highly recommend it! :)

friend stayed here previously so i decided to book. hostel is pretty basic but it is in a really good location.. walking distance to tophaki palace, blue mosque, grand bazaar and more. free breakfast with typical turkish breakfast, veggies and bread. restaraunt on the top floor with decent food.

The location could not be better! Right in the heart of Sultanahmet and a couple minutes walk to Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya. Staff super helpful. No common areas but there is a rooftop restaurant (where you get a bit of breakfast in the morning). No keys for dorm rooms, but there are lock boxes (if you have a small enough lock!). Would definitely recommend for a stay for a couple of nights.

The breakfast, location and security were the best things of this hostel. I enjoyed my stay there. Only 10 minutes walk from all the important sites and very close to the tramway station.

• 7th May 2015
  • Chile

Nice shower, nice bed, very well located. It worths.

Staff very attentive, flexible, and friendly. Not only are they gorgeous to look at, they act as bouncers keeping out people who shouldn't be in the hostel. rooms are clean with comfortable beds. There are enough outlets to charge everybody's electronics and the towels you can rent are as soft as clouds. The location isis perfect for those interested in the cultural excursions and those who like a more laidback atmosphere than at Taksim.every time I come back toIstanbul I stay here.

A good place to stay, the staff is friendly and helpful, the hostel's location is great, right next to most sightseeings wich is a big plus, also they have a great roof bar with a beautiful view where you can relax and the prices are fair. On the other hand the hostel's lockers are very small, even a dslr camera won't fit properly...

• 3rd May 2015
  • Greece

I had great time staying in this hostel. Initially I booked it only for two nights but afterwards I extended my stay. I traveled alone and staff were very friendly and welcoming and I felt like at home. The location is great with beautiful top terrace, great food and free breakfast.

Nice little hostel. Great views from the top of the balcony where you can have free breakfast. Left a day early because I changed my plans and with a little bit of deliberation and hesitation from the management team they refunded me for the last night. Which was very kind of them. First time in a hostel and as a female single traveller it was an all round good experience.

• 1st May 2015

Excellent Location & good hostel.

Security was insanely lax. Small lockers were available for valuables and there was a safe behind the desk, but the doors to the rooms themselves were never locked, and the staff was neither present often enough or attentive enough to be an actual barrier to anyone coming off the street and rifling through belongings. The bathrooms were clean enough, although the showers got water everywhere. In addition, I had to walk back and forth across the main lobby to get to the showers/bathroom.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7