Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location with value for money but the location is suited for travellers staying for a few days as it is hang in the center of all tourist attractions but the amount of tourists and tourist oriented shops might be a bit much for long stays

The staff was especially friendly and helpful, even willing to take guests out to bars and shisha in the evening. The rooftop restaurant and bar was great as well, and the rooms and bathrooms were impressively clean. Overall, would highly suggest this hostel!

• 17th Apr 2014

Had a great time at Istanbul Hostel! The staff was really friendly and helpful and it was so centrally located. Only 5 minutes to Hagia Sofia, the blue mosque and the Baslica Cistern! I could not have had a better time here.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great place to stay in town.

• 14th Apr 2014

A great location (there really couldn't be better) and nice facilities as well.

Directions to get there aren't clear, I got lost for half an hour. On my first day in Istanbul, I left the trousers and blouse on my bed and they got stolen. I went to the receptionist, who's name starts with an M, looking for help, he came to my room, didn't know what to say and started YELLING at me walking away after. I would leave next day if it wouldn't be for a nice man who runs the travel agency, he offered me apologies and a refund or 1 free dinner. Bad staff, lovely terrace and locat

Staff not always there but really good location

I travelled with my friend and we really enjoy our stay here! The location is perfect, next to The Blue Mosque and Sophia Meseum, we can enjoy the great view everyday when leave and back to the hostel. Rooms are clean, the staff is very helpful and he taught us Turkish:) I miss my breafast time at the terrace with sunshine and sea view. Definitely will recommand this hostel and i will stay here again next time! Tesekkur;)

It was a very nice 5-nights stay in Istanbul Hostel! It has the best location as it is really just a minute walk from famous locations. However, I was a bit worried with the security in the hostel. I stayed on the 22 bed mixed dorm and I wasn't given any keys or anything. I was worried people could just sneak in. There was no lockers in the room as well. Facilities could be better (more showers and toilets esp for the basement rooms) and especially electric sockets in each bed :)

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

The staff was very friendly and the hostel was in a excellent location. The view from the terrace was awesome and the breakfast was better than some 2 star hotels i've stayed. Definitely go back, well worth the stay!

Stayed with a group of friends and really loved the place. It is in the best location possible, a minutes walk from blue mosque and hagia sophia situated in the heart of the old city. The terrace restaurant has sweeping views of the great buildings and the sea in the background. Would completely recommend for backpackers.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • India

Very nice hostel with a terrace to chill out. Some computers are available for guest and they have the best water pression in the shower I ever seen! Also, the location is right next to the 2 big mosque, but quite a walk (35 minutes) From Taksym square.

Its a nice located hostel, there is free breakfast at the rooftop where you can see the Bosporus! we really enjoyed our first stay, and came back after traveling in Turkey for another night!

I think it is very comfortable and well located. Very clean and awesome staff. Will definitely come back.

• 11th Apr 2014

Chill place. Paco was incredibly helpful: he didn't charge me for the first night I missed bc I missed my flight and lacked internet access to contact him. He also allowed me to use the computer for a couple hours after I checked out so that I could complete my taxes. Loved the beds and decor inside. Great location by the sights and close to the water. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at if not the very best.

• 11th Apr 2014

It was a really good location, very close to a lot of the tourist attractions. The staff was friendly, but you should do your research on places to go and not just blindly follow their advice. I did not enjoy the bath house they sent us to and there are plenty in the same price range that are much nicer.

• 8th Apr 2014

Very friendly and funny staff (think quiet, grim looking but sarcastic and funny). Location is very close to the main tourist attractions, hard to meet people though, with no real common room and no kitchen. Not ideal if you're looking to live with the locals but very clean. Suits some but I'd probably stay at Taksim next time.

Very helpful and friendly staff with a great location, right In the centre. Nice breakfast too!

• 7th Apr 2014

Lovely staff, very clean, good showers, nice dorm room. Lack of security for valuables was my only issue.

Helpful staff.well located for the major tourist sites and transport. Large occupancy dorms in a large airy room with ventilation.Roof terrace nice breakfast good they even allowed me to have breakfast on my early morning check in. Bunk beds need more height between them

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7