Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location! The private double room we had was good, no air-conditioning but the fan was enough mostly. Staff were helpful. Bathroom/toilet facilities were occasionally dirty. Average breakfast. Make sure you go to the rooftop terrace- the view is great!

• 20th Aug 2014

Great staff and an awesome location plus a very nice terrace. Well worth the money.

• 20th Aug 2014

It was best Hostel I have ever been across to Europe. Firstly, it located heart of old İstanbul, is just 150 metres like 2 min by walking to Sultanahmet and Hagia Sophia square. The staff are lovely, warm and super helpful whatever you need. Everything about this place was great. Thanks to İstanbul hostel

Great location, amazing staff, very friendly and helpful. This is a great place to stay when in Istambul. :)

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Peru

very nice hostel ,staff very helpfull also there is rooftop amazing wievs.thank you for everythink istanbul hostel

• 17th Aug 2014

Best hostel in Istanbul by far! Very cool staff that can help with anything, best location right by the blue mosque, good Turkish breakfast, nice clean rooms. Great value!

• 17th Aug 2014

Definitely worth a stay.

Excellent atmosphere,great view from the terrace.Excellent position,near mains Istanbul attractions. Staff very friendly,you could asking them for every doubt.I'm not satisfied at all about the cleanliness of the structure.both of the building are quite old and not deep cleaned daily.there are lot of cats entering in the building (as everywhere in Istanbul),which is not a problem for me,but could be for someone not loving those animals. Good safety due to the Four Season in front of the hostel

Thank you for making my trip to Istanbul a pleasure

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Very great Hostel, wrell located, friendly Staff. Highly recommended!!!

• 14th Aug 2014

Its a nice place well located with a rooftop restaurant and a travel agenci in the entrance. Nice hostel to a first days in tuekey to plano the rest of the journey

Never mind about the facility. It's the location that you are paying for. Istanbul Hostel has unbeatable price if you are seeking for a perfect location near The Blue Mosque and Hagai Sophia. It's approximately 5-10 minutes on foot.

Excellent location. Near to everything. I'd like to give perfect score but there's two things : 1. There's no private bathroom. 2. Breakfast starts at 8 am. As a morning bird traveler, I didnt have chance to taste the breakfast.

I have enjoyed my stay at Istanbul hostel. The staff was really helpful all the time and there was the availability to get in 24h. i have stayed in a 6 bed female and mixed dorm, extending the stay was no problem. the rooms and facilities have been cleaned every morning. nıce terasse! Thank you guys :)

• 8th Aug 2014

I have really enjoyed my stay here at the Istanbul \hostel. \it is very central and the staff are fantastic. \Would stay here again.

• 8th Aug 2014

The staff wernt friendly. The room had 21 people in it and the air condition didn't work in over 30 degree heat. The bathrooms seemed meant for a prisoner and the room was over Croweded with bunk beds. No room to even have. 2 people next to their respective beds. Only stayed here because my other hostel was overbooked and what a difference the 2 hostels were. Cheers is right next door and was a massive upgrade.

The staff were absolutely incredible! I had a very early flight on the day I was checking out and slept through my alarm and they woke me up so I wouldn't miss my shuttle. I can not thank them enough! Also the location was perfect.

I loved this hostel the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, Location is perfect 2 minute walk from blue mosque/ Haga Safia. Strongly recommend!

A decent hostel. Has a decent bar at the top, but it was pretty expensive. The bathroom wasn't very nice - water on the floor and toilets hadn't been properly cleaned in a long time. Internet didn't work very well - I was unable to make any calls off it even at 2am. I was disappointed when the owner offered me a free drink in exchange for leaving a highly favourable review - I refused and told him I'd just be honest. Perhaps other favourable reviews for this hostel aren't genuine.

This hostel is great! In a very good location, all the tourist attractions are around the corner. It's a 15 minute walk to the grand bazaar. The beds are comfy! The staff are very helpful and friendly. This was my second stay here and I would stay again.

• 2nd Aug 2014