Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

This is the perfect location and the staff is so helpful and friendly. They go above and beyond to accommodate you. I stayed in a private room and it was beautiful. It felt like I had my own apartment in Istanbul. The hostel rooftop has a gorgeous view. I had a twenty four hour layover in Istanbul and saw everything I wanted to see because the location was so great and the staff did a great job of helping me plan my day.

• 17th Apr 2015

I stayed here on two separate nights due to long layovers and this was the perfect place to stay. The hostel is located about 5 minutes walking distance from Sultanahment (Blue Mosque) and Ayasofia. The beds and bathrooms were pretty nice and they have free breakfast and wifi which was a plus. The staff was friendly and great at recommending things to do nearby.

• 17th Apr 2015

Excellent location close to all the important sights, with a very nice rooftop restaurant/bar. The area feels very safe too and as a solo female traveller, I was comfortable walking alone in the night. The guy I met at the reception at night when I arrived wasn't too friendly but the next day I met Paco and team- super wonderful and very helpful guys at the reception - thanks! The 9 people room is fine but the 21 people room might feel a bit intimidating. I would still recommend this hostel!

great ubication, nice staff, nice rooms and bathrooms, definitely i will be back!

This is a great hostel, can't fault the location and the views from the rooftop are brilliant. However, it's more like a hotel in terms of facilities in that there aren't really any socialising areas beyond the public restaurant/bar on the roof, so not necessarily the place if you're looking to meet people. Also, there is a party street behind the hostel which can be a bit noisy at night. However, I would go back!

We had a great time during the 4 days stay at Istanbul Hostel. Location is excellent, clean rooms and very nice view from the upper terrace. It is also very good value for money, we definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Istanbul!

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Romania

I really like this hostel, the staff here are really helpful and friendly. the location here is wonderful you can walk 5 mins to Blue moseque aya sofya. Anyway it is the place perfect for see Istanbul

For such a highly rated hostel I expected more.

I stayed in Istanbul Hostel for 5 days. Had a great time here with fellow travellers from all over the world. The hostel is right in the middle of all the action and touristic attractions. 2 minute walk to Ayasofia, Blue Mosque, Basillica Cistern and much more. The hostel is clean, bathrooms are very good with very good showers. And Paco is a legend, helping you out with all your questions and needs in Istanbul! Highly recommended!

• 14th Apr 2015

Really Nice hostel, clean, nice emplacement and very nice staff! Recommend it definitively! :-)

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Best location. Good value for money. Would recommend to a friend

Fantastic location, incredible staffs (specially Paco!!!) Grrat viee and the cheapest rate! You are awesome!

• 11th Apr 2015

The hostel is in the restaurant and bar area near the St. Sophia. The location of it is so good. I can walk to Blue Mosque and even the port. But the breakfast in there is so-so.

Breakfast good ! Beds are very comfortable. Location is simply perfect!

Is in a great location! In terms of security for our bags, I didnt feel very comfortable leaving my stuff. We were in the dorm in the basement with 21 other people and the doors to this room are always open and the doors to the hostel are always open during the day so anyone could come down to the room. Luckily we had no problems with our stuff. The hostel guys are good but the man who owns the restaurant is super creepy not trustworthy and the food is not good.

I've stayed here twice now and definitely would again. The location is amazing (just a couple of minutes from the Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace). The rooms were always clean and comfy and the bathrooms were also clean. Wifi was good. The guys who work there are very friendly and helpful.

• 8th Apr 2015

The Romaninan man who works there or claims to work there was extremely rude and even violent with me. He grabbed me by the arms, threw my phone in the floor and spitted on my face! He was drunk and told me that I was bringing "problems" to the hostel. He was mad because I was in the phone with my mom and ignored him when he passed by me. I left the hostel that same night, luckily there were some other traveler who saw what happened and helped me move to a nearby hostel!Other than him, all good.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Paraguay

I had an awesome time here and will gladly come back again. The stuff was very helpful (especially paco). To sum it up, great people, great atmosphere and so close to everything that you could visit almost everything in one day if you"re in a hurry.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

The people I met at this hostel TRULY made the experience unbelievable. The staff is super friendly and the location is amazing -- I would definitely go back here!

• 4th Apr 2015

Great place to stay. Location, staff, security and security are tops. Good rooftop bar, and good food at the restaurant too. Staff provides really good adviceadvice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7