Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Nice guys who helped us out with info and airport transfer. Def worth the 15TL! Good facilities, wifi worked well and breaky was sufficent. Great value

• 15th Oct 2014

I stayed in a private single here and the room was very comfortable. Location was awesome, so close to sights, restaurants but still quiet even with a room facing the street. Bathrooms so clean. Wifi wasn't the best being a distance away from the main building but worked great in the reception. Breakfast was basic but a nice inclusion to begin a day of sightseeing. All in all good value for money as a solo traveller looking for quiet and space.

This is best hostel we have ever stayed at...the staff were really great...many thanks :))))

The Istanbul Hostel is located in a very central area, just 2 min from the Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a wonderful roof top terrace with a great view over the city. The rooms and facilities are all in good condition.

I enjoyed my stay very much! It is a really nice hostel!

• 4th Oct 2014

Great atmosfer

• Georgia

M am simtit super bine 'personalul de nota 10 foarte curat 'recomand cu drag ...

• Romania

Free breakfast, great location right in the heart of the Sultanahmet area, and friendly staff. Bathrooms and rooms are very clean. There are a few different sized dorm rooms so you can choose the option that fits your budget.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Very average hostel. If you're a budget traveller or want to save money, here is not your hostel since you will eat out in the overpriced Sultanahmet every night because there is no kitchen. Staff were often absent. Security was limited. Rooms were not great looking and I had about 5 people over 60 in my room in my stay. Rooftop is nice though

It is sure not the best hostel I have been to.

Hi - we had a wonderful time in Istanbul. The hostel is in a marvelous location and the staff are just the best. Their service and friendliness really fantastic. We want to say a special thank you to Mr Dun in the travel office. He arranged a fabulous itinerary for us from Istanbul down to Bodrum. Everything went according to plan, so well organised and took all the worry out of trying to make bookings over Ramadam. A big thank you to Mr Dun. Nancy and Russell Langton

Best thing about Istanbul Hostel is the great location! It is just a 5 minutes walk from Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque - surrounded by atmospheric narrow streets of cobblestone, rug stores and charming cafes. It is also a less than 10 min walk from the sea that can be viewed from its restaurant and from the bedroom windows that was lovely framed by a grapevine. Price was excellent for the location, rooms were very simple but clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. In my way back ho

I arrived with some friends to Istanbul hostel very late and felt at home straight away, the manager was very helpful in giving clear directions to local shops and tourist attractions. PS my bed and pillow were more comfy than most hostels I've stayed in 😃

Greatlocation great staff, nice spaciousrooms

• 27th Sep 2014

Great hostel, great location right near main locations and met some wonderful people. There were cafés close by, although a bit expensive and cheaper ones within walking distance. Staff helped us with transport around turkey and future bookings. Only small things were bathrooms were unclean and small and locks on the safes weren't provided.

• 26th Sep 2014

This is the perfect place to stay for price and location, upon arrival I found out that breakfast was included (pre-portioned and bland but still breakfast with tea!). The staff was nice enough and the bed was comfortable...but something in the room or the water in the showers caused a horrible break out of my eczema on my face, it was awful. That being said, I have very finicky skin and NO ONE else had an issue like this so don't let it deter you from booking here!

• 24th Sep 2014

hostel has an excellent location.It is near many monuments (ble mosque, ayasofia, grand bazar). The staff is very kind an helpful. The atmosphere is excellent. I really recommend this hostel.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Tunisia

Great location. One staff member was absolutely lovely and helpful. Unfortunately there was one man who initially seemed hospitable enough but after not wanting to book a two week itinerary with their travel agent (and we never actually asked for this) he was really rude to the point of saying "next time I won't recommend people to you e.g. carpet store where we purchased items. It felt really awkward after this. Breakfast was okay. The thing I liked the least was that there was no common room

Bathrooms were quite crowded and unclean. Sheets had stains on them in our room. The recommended Turkish bath was also an unpleasant experience (staff were unprofessional, service was not clearly explained).

Location is perfect ! Staff are very friendly ! If I'm going to Istanbul ,I'll stay there again!

• 12th Sep 2014