Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Perfect place to stay in Istanbul!

• 20th Jan 2015

Instead of writing about the great location and good breakfast, I'm going to try to provide diff pt of view. As a single female traveler, many of my colleagues warned me about traveling in Turkey alone. In my 12 days in Turkey, I did experience some of what my colleagues has mentioned. But staying stay at Agora made me feel super safe and 'at home'. The staff treated me like a friend, rather than a guest...At the end of a long day w million tourists, I looked forward to coming home and chilling

• 17th Jan 2015

Great guys, always helpful, really added something to my time in Istanbul!

• 16th Jan 2015

Very good hostel well located I recommand

• 12th Jan 2015

I planned on staying for only 2 nights but ended up staying for almost 10 nights! The location was perfect, right next to Hagia Sophia and the blue mosque, staff was very helpful and laid back, and the whole place was clean. Even though it's a low season in winter, I was able to meet a bunch of other travelers to hang out with. If I come back to istanbul, I'll definitely stay here again!!

La mejor ubicacion, un hostal para dormir

It were nice beds, good to have the lockers in the rooms. Enough toilets and showers, perfect location. Very good experience :)

The most amazing staff EVER!!! Unbelievably friendly, laid-back,

The shower was amazing!

Hostel has a great location (two blocks from Hagia Sofia), clean rooms, showers could be better, lack of common area (roof terrace is too cold in the winter), breakfast is OK.

This was a great hostel to stay in! You can't beat the location and the staff! They have a great breakfast in the morning to get your day kick started!

It was a good stay at this hostel. I loved the atmosphere, the rooms are nice and beds are very comfy. The bathrooms are clean and I can't really complain about anything. Next time I'll be in Istanbul, i'd definetely stay at this hostel. Thank you very mucj!

The location is really good, it is near the main mosque and it is localized is really safe. Moreover. the staff helped us to print and use the computers. There is a roof, where we could had breakfast seeing a beautiful view of the sea and the city as well. Hot showers is really useful and they helped us to get in several places, they gave us tips and good advice where we were here. Para os brasileiros eu realmente recomendo!!

The hostel is right in the center of the city and the staff was very friendly and helpful for information about the turistic spots. The room and the coomunal spaces were very clean. I am very happy for everything!

• 29th Dec 2014

The location is great—the hostel is close to most attractions, which are all within walking distance. The staff here is super nice—especially Paco!—if you stay here, which you should, say hi to him for me! The bathroom is clean, and the price is reasonable.

We stayed in 6/1 bedroom during winter period. The room was clean, nice and warm. Showers and toillets clean. Breakfast on the rooftop. Helpfull English speaking staff. Location - few minutes on foot from Aya Sofia and Blue mosque. We had a rented car and were in doubt about the parking possibilities. So, to clear this out.. the hostel does not have it's own free parking for the guests. But, there is always (or we were lucky enough) a free spot on the street in front of it (no parking fee).

The good: the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, assisting with bookings, tour information and other information; they made a ton of calls for me when my tour was late to help me figure out what was going on; there was always someone at the reception desk The not as good: the security lockers were very small and the heater had a hard time keeping the room warm

It is the second time I stay at istanbul hostel and probably not the last. It is situated 2 minutes away from Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, you cannot be closer. The staff is really nice and helpfull. If you like the hostel atmosphere and meeting people from all over the world that's a good place to be. I'm not at all disappointed by my stay and i would recommend it. Raphaël

• 26th Dec 2014

Great free breakfast and warm,clean room ( I was in a 6 female dorm). Thanks to Paco ( the night receptionist) who has been so nice and helpful. He booked me for the Derviches (fabulous show of whirling dancers) and for the Turkish baths ( The full package is totally worth it! I had a great time, I would just recommend first to go there late in the evening and then to don't be too fussy and enjoy the awesome experience!!) I totally recommend the hostel, I also met lovely travelers there.

Thank you to the very helpful staff at Istanbul Hostel - Paco, Emray. Dan and all the other staff. Have spent a few enjoyable week here over the Christmas and New Year period. The travel agency next door was very helpful in organising a trip to Cappadocia for me. but many other side trips are also easily arranged. Pity the weather couldn't be arranged also though. as my balloon trip was cancelled due to bad weather - but fully refuinded. Definitely recommend this hostel for anyone! Thanks

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6