Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

This is the second time i have chosen to stay at Istanbul Hostel. The location is amazing being only a short 5min walk from all the main attractions and the tramline. The rooms are clean and quiet and very comfortable. The staff are fantastic especially Paco who was very helpful and accomodating. I highly recomend this hostel and will stay here again next time i visit Istanbul.

Located less than 5 minutes walk from the Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque. The bunk beds are made of metal thus very stable (no creaking noise/fear of breaking) and the mattress is firm (made for a good sleep). The shared toilets are a bit small and clean. The staff is wonderful, friendly and super helpful (although it seems that he's there the whole day! :p). Breakfast on the roof is nice especially when the weather is good. The only downside is that there's no common area.

Very nice hostel with a terrace to chill out. Some computers are available for guest and they have the best water pression in the shower I ever seen! Also, the location is right next to the 2 big mosque, but quite a walk (35 minutes) From Taksym square.

Its a nice located hostel, there is free breakfast at the rooftop where you can see the Bosporus! we really enjoyed our first stay, and came back after traveling in Turkey for another night!

I think it is very comfortable and well located. Very clean and awesome staff. Will definitely come back.

• 11th Apr 2014

Chill place. Paco was incredibly helpful: he didn't charge me for the first night I missed bc I missed my flight and lacked internet access to contact him. He also allowed me to use the computer for a couple hours after I checked out so that I could complete my taxes. Loved the beds and decor inside. Great location by the sights and close to the water. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at if not the very best.

• 11th Apr 2014

It was my second time staying at Istanbul Hostel while i'm visiting Istanbul city. This time was with my parents and since the location of the hostel was very strategic, close to the tourist attractions (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia & Topkapi Palace) I really recommended to stay at Istanbul Hostel. It was also close to shoplots and the atmosphere at the hostel was very calm especially while having breakfast at the roof top facing to the Bosphorus straits. Thank you Istanbul Hostel. :)

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

It was a really good location, very close to a lot of the tourist attractions. The staff was friendly, but you should do your research on places to go and not just blindly follow their advice. I did not enjoy the bath house they sent us to and there are plenty in the same price range that are much nicer.

• 8th Apr 2014

Very friendly and funny staff (think quiet, grim looking but sarcastic and funny). Location is very close to the main tourist attractions, hard to meet people though, with no real common room and no kitchen. Not ideal if you're looking to live with the locals but very clean. Suits some but I'd probably stay at Taksim next time.

Very helpful and friendly staff with a great location, right In the centre. Nice breakfast too!

Lovely staff, very clean, good showers, nice dorm room. Lack of security for valuables was my only issue.

Helpful staff.well located for the major tourist sites and transport. Large occupancy dorms in a large airy room with ventilation.Roof terrace nice breakfast good they even allowed me to have breakfast on my early morning check in. Bunk beds need more height between them

The location is just fantastic, you can see Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque tops from the terrace. Amazing. Staff friendly, chatty with a nice sense of humor :) Breakfast included, nothing special but appreciated. Hostel was really really clean. Can only recommend.

I have been at many hostels, and Istanbul hostel is one of the best. I will stay there at my next trip to Istanbul for sure.

Nice Hostel, great staff. really close to sights like Ayasofia and Sultanahmed Mosque. Free breakfast every morning. best value or money in Istanbul ithink!

The staff was accomodating and the hostel was a short, walkable distance to many of the major sights, really the perfect location. Comfortable, very clean rooms. Great place!

Istanbul hostel was in the perfect location to view all of the sights of Sultanahmet, the hostel was clean, comfortable and the wifi was good. Definitely good value for money. Paco went out of his way to help us get from the airport to the hostel and overall we had a great stay. Only thing missing was a common room to socialise with other backpackers however there was a cool cafe next door and a restaurant upstairs.

Good, cheap

Excellent location, right next to the Blue Mosque, the hostel also has a travel agency and a restaurant inside it, which makes things easier. The staff is amazing and will do everything on their power to help you, which I think for a hostel is one of the most important things, specially Paco, the guy from reception. I recommend it !

A very good hostel for the money. The location could not be better. The stuff was helpful.