Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Lovely hostel with very friendly staff and plenty of toilets, showers and hot water. Breakfast was a little disappointing but one can't grumble given the price. It is in the perfect location, literally 2 minutes from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and loads of shops and cafés

A really poor hostel, except for the location. No personal lockers and anyone can just walk into the downstairs dorm from the street basically. The downstairs dorm is really unpleasant. When I checked in, before I had even got out my passport the sleazy guy at reception was hounding me about tours and shuttle buses, etc. I didn't see the Hosteling International flag out front, maybe they've been kicked out of the organization. No HI hostel should be this bad.

Fantastic location and very convenient to have breakfast at hostel!

Amazing location. 5 minute walk from Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque and a ten minute walk to the Grand Bazaar or the Spice Market. The place was not very clean. The bathroom was shared and only cleaned in the morning. Our sheets had stains and white stuff (ew) on them when we first got there. However, this place really was just a place to sleep since there's SO MUCH to do in Istanbul. Basically, the city as amazing, this hostel wasn't. For the same $, you can stay at a REAL hotel in the area.

great location ..central to everything (blue mosque, sofia, grand bizzare ect). a walk away from the clubbing district. aewsome rooftop view!!

I had a fantastic few of days at Istanbul hostel. It is located very conveniently near all the main tourist attractions in a safe, picturesque part of the old town. The staff are great and more than happy to help with any tours or advice for things to do/see around town. Highly recommend staying.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Not the most fun hostel I've ever stayed at but overall good experience. Great roof top terrace and they do serve beer.

The staff was very helpful ın many ways. I felt at home.

• 19th Jun 2014

Brilliant stay. Very friendly staff, always keen to help. Great facilities and breakfast. Would recommend!

It was great hostel, located really close to old downtown. The employees were very accommodating and helpful. They allowed us to pay whenever was convenient and let us switch nights around because we decided to make a day trip to pamukkale. There is also a gorgeous view from the top restaurant.

• 19th Jun 2014

COMING BACK TO THIS HOSTEL IS LIKE COMING HOME.THEY LOOKED AFTER EXTRA BAGS WHILE WE CONTINUED OUR HOLIDAY. WE ATE IN FOR OUR EVENING MEALS. BEER AT THE RIGHT TEMP

Excellent location & helpful staff,I am sure I will be back next time.

Paco was really helpful to us, giving us tips and advice for many things. The tourism industry in Turkey is enormous, sometimes honest people are hard to come by. Take my word, Paco is one of the "good guys".

One of the best!

Great hostel! In a walking distance from all the tourist places, very central. The staff was great, very clean. They have a great terrace where you can hag out and eat a really good breakfast! I highly recommend it, and would definetly stay there again!

• 16th Jun 2014

The facilities are well kept and the atmosphere is nice. My only gripe about my room was that it was so hot. I understand if it's an old building and it may not have AC, but a fan would be a wonderful alternative to provide. The room was very nice otherwise. Comfy bed, somewhat modern, and very clean. The location is great. Close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, as well as a tram stop. WIFI worked wonderfully. I'd stay here again because the staff was really helpful and friendly.

Helpful staff. Perfect location.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Feel relax in this hostel. Will recommend.

The staff is almost always available. It's almost like they don't sleep. I LOVED the location! (Check out break time cafe up the road) The staff were also very knowledgeable about Istanbul and how to get to places. I would stay here again.. I don't know about long term stay, but for a few days, it's perfect. AWESOME view on the terrace. Be sure to check it out. **The only thing I disliked was how there's not separate bathrooms for females and males.

Very nice location a few minutes from the Blue Mosque & Hagia Sophia. Amazing view of the Bosphorus Strait from the terrace restaurant.