Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Very flexible to our change of plans. Associated travel agency was very helpful to us, put together a great trip to Cappadocia which we couldn't have planned ourselves and gave us advice about putting together our other plans. Good breakfast, served upstairs at the rooftop restaurant. Very nice people!

• 8th Mar 2014

The staff was really helpful and the location is amazing.

• 8th Mar 2014

Istanbul Hostel is a great place to stay if you are looking for an affordable hostel right in the heart of Sultanahmet. You will be walking distance from the blue mosque, Ayasofia, Topkapi and many other historical sites. The restaurant in the hostel is also very good and slightly less expensive than other offerings in the area. I also recommend checking out Pallatium next door and booking a trip through the travel agency connected to Istanbul Hostel. They made the arrangements for our trip to C

• 5th Mar 2014

Room was very cold, not enough heating. Bathroom was not clean, the shower was full of mildew....but warm water. I would not stay there any more.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

The location of the hostel is very good and it's easy to visit the main sights from there. Also you can easily get to the Taksim square by tram and the location is safe, as it is directly next to a Four Seasons hotel. The room I stayed in was clean and the bed comfortable. With two blankets it was a comfy night.

All round value for money. It was my first experience of stopping in a Hostel and if all Hostels are to the same standard of as the Istanbul Hostel then it won't be my last. My only complaint was the directions given to the Hostel were vague and a little difficult to follow.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Great hostel with nice staff. I would recommend this hostel when visiting Istanbul. Perfect location and good recommendations by Paco.

The staff is very nice, I really like it!

I loved my stay at Istanbul Hostel, the staff were all really friendly and happy to help in any way they could. The beds were comfortable, bathrooms were really clean and breakfast was great. I also used the tourist office here who helped me book my entire Turkey trip which went without a hitch and was very good value. Definitely coming back.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Istanbul Hostel is a great place stay! The location couldn't be better, just next to Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet). The view from the rooftop bar is simply amazing, just a perfect place to have breakfast. I'd definitely recommend this hostel and would come back any time!

The location is as great as it gets. Hostel Istanbul is just a hundred meters away from the main historical monuments of the city. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And you get a free breakfast, all for a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Istanbul.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

second best place in Istanbul. First is Blue Mosque :) Had great time with my brother. Thank you

It was one of the best place I've been then where very nice and helpthel and one night I got very drunk And the next day one of the night guys put a bottle of water it was great If you get to go there stay here you'll love it but just remember it's a hostel if you Don't forget that you'll be very happy

Hostel was in a prime location in the Hippodrome, located in the middle of all of the major tourist attractions in the Hippodrome. Was a 3 minute walk away from the Sultanahmet Tram station so it was very accessible and easy to get to (don't mind the stray dogs/cats though). Also if you get a chance, please ask Paco for help because he's your greatest asset on your trip in Istanbul - he can help you with directions and where to go. Overall, very pleased with the stay!

Very nice hostel, very clean and warm people all around. Paco was super helpful with advice and everything needed, and was a real professional in getting things done. Computers and Wireless were great and nice international, family feel to the hostel. Paco a true gent and a great tour guide in Istanbul. :)

Our door wasn't locked, and we weren't given a key so this made me feel quite uneasy. Unfortunately there is a disco right next to the hostel so if you don't mind being kept awake until 2am then that's ok. The location is PERFECT, the Staff were SO HELPFUL and apart from these minor complaints I would definately stay at this hostel again! Will be great in the summer with the rooftop terrace!

Hostel was great. The staff was very helpful and Paco was the best late night watchman in all of Turkey. You must stay at Istanbul Hostel on your next visit.

• 26th Feb 2014

nice place to stay, good location and friendly people. :)

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • China

Great location with friendly staff. Paco is an awesome guy. Nowhere better than this place with this price!

We stayed there for 10 euros the night and it was totally worth it. It is clean and neat. The reception guy is awesome.

• 21st Feb 2014