Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Tremendously enjoyed my stay at Istanbul Hostel. Besides having a convenient location(close to attractions-Blue mosque, Aya Sofia, Topikapi palace, Cistern) it was great value for money(breakfast, cleanliness etc). IH stands out because of it's helpful/professional staff, particularly Paco. He's a great host, friendly, patient and resourceful with all kinds of information for a tourist. It's a place I'd recommend and return to whenever I visit.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Kenya

Great location, pretty nice bed, nice staff. There's no real common room and the rooftop bar isn't very active (but it's got a fantastic view in the morning).

Location, location, location, within walk distance to " the blue mosque, hagia Sophia, and tram stop", easily commute from the airport to the hostel . Good price, excellent location, friendly staff, within a stone's throw to the famous "Four Seasons Hotel" , for new visiters, just ask local people where is the "Four Seasons Hotel", you will find the Hostel.

The best hostel Istanbul location is perfect and the staff was very helpful, specially Paco he was very helpful on great places to eat and gave great suggestion and advice places to see and prices of places. also the atmosphere in this place was great. only one thing that bothered me was that the dorm I stayed had a huge opening on top so when ever a bunch of people came in and had a blast you feel like your in the action. I would definitely book my stay here, when I come back.

Quite ok, for nightlife not the best location, but for tourist attractions. No kitchen and I missed a cosy common room.

Great Hostel! Paco was helpful and was at the hostel lobby more or less all day long. Nice people living there, went out a lot of times with room mates or friend met in the lobby room. A common room could be missed but we were most of the time in the city so we didn't miss it.

The staff was always there and helpful. Great views to the Marmara Sea. I bet a lot of amazing people here. The location was superb. Would definitely recommend this hostel and would stay again. Happy travels!

• 24th Mar 2014

Perfect place to meet travellers. Perfectly situated for a short stop, because its in the middle of Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Nice breakfast on the rooftop restaurant

The location was very good. The staff were very helpfull and the place was clean. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a hostel in Istanbul!

• 22nd Mar 2014

The guys at the hostel, Paco and emre, were very communicable from the begining as the booking was made through phone/email and kept for us even though we arrived late with advising. Great service Breakfast was great and worth the price. Willl definitely visit if in istanbul! PS. We will miss Gilbert, a lovely stray dog which we made friends and wanted to sleep too....but had no reservation :P

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Malta

I arrived there late with my friend, and they helped us out very quickly. They accepted to sore my luggages while I was travellinga round Turkey and they gave me a free breakfast when I came back a week later. No complication, just easy going staff/

• 20th Mar 2014

The staff were realy nice, especiality Paco, he gave me good information and tips.

I thought this hostel was an amazing experience. This place exceeds any kind of expectation. First off, let me mention the view. If you ascend straight to the roof area you have an almost completely unimpeded view of the Hagia Sofia and the Aegean Sea. It really is spectacular. Special mention about the staff - Paco, et al, are fantastic people and will help you out with anything you need. COME HERE! You won't regret it.

• 17th Mar 2014

A nice hostel with good location and nice staffs. Stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed it.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • China

Great location and nice Stuff.

The staff were very friendly and willing to answer questions and the door rooms were very clean.

Amazing Place to visit and really great location. I would love to return.

The hostel was located in a PERFECT spot, and i mean perfect. Literally a three miinute walk from blue mosque, basilica cistern and a 7 minute walk to the bazaar. Paco, who works there, is awesome. He goes out of his way to help out however he can. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a cool place to hang out and meet people. Oh and they have 2 roof top terraces. One thats enclosed and one thats completely open. Amazing views

• 13th Mar 2014

This hostel was an amazing experience. The bar tender Josef (pronounced Yo-Seff) was the best. He was entertaining and kind to his guests. He made sure that groups of people got talking and drinking together. The beer at the bar was reasonably priced and so was the food for hostel guests and it was delicious authentic Turkish food. The Location is prime. The beds are comfy and long enough for tall people. There is airport shuttles that leave the hostel as well which is super convenient.

This was the second time that I have stayed here and it is definately an amazing spot. We made good friends with the staff yoseph was very good to us as was paco. They will help you with everything u need and yoseph will hang out with you all night. The rooftop terrace is great. The location is perfect the beds are comfy. I will definately be back. Thank you guys for everything!