Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Location - pretty central The room - Average room, not enough wall sockets for charging. Lockers are small box type that will fit passport and ipad. No security for bags. My stay - people up till 2am and loud. One night there was a drunk couple in one bunk bed and loud conversation, the off dury receptionist was upstairs having a few drinks and trying his luck with a resident girl, next night a group comes in at 1 am and the girl throws up in the bed. Good luck with this place.

We are sorry to hear you didn't have an ideal stay. Sometimes we cannot control how our guest behave- positive or otherwise. Unfortunately it was a busy weekend with Easter and ANZAC day tourists arriving and filling our hostel, and this means we have less flexibility. If you had made a complaint to us we would have endeavoured to fix the problem, and perhaps found you a more suitable sleeping area. Our staff always try to ensure a pleasant stay and we apologise if this was not the case.

Location is great. Less then a 5 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and also close by to a bunch of other sights close by. The owner/guy who runs the place is super helpful with any questions you have. Asked about a good hookah bar and sent us to this unreal place, made for a good night. Only place it lacks is a common room so that atmosphere can be missing at times. Overall a good place though and would recommend.

The staff was especially friendly and helpful, even willing to take guests out to bars and shisha in the evening. The rooftop restaurant and bar was great as well, and the rooms and bathrooms were impressively clean. Overall, would highly suggest this hostel!

Had a great time at Istanbul Hostel! The staff was really friendly and helpful and it was so centrally located. Only 5 minutes to Hagia Sofia, the blue mosque and the Baslica Cistern! I could not have had a better time here.

• 17th Apr 2014

This is a very centrally located hostel with a bar and plenty of places around. The big downside - There aren't any lockers and the dorm room is open to anyone so security is an issue

Great place to stay in town.

• 14th Apr 2014

A great location (there really couldn't be better) and nice facilities as well.

Staff not always there but really good location

I travelled with my friend and we really enjoy our stay here! The location is perfect, next to The Blue Mosque and Sophia Meseum, we can enjoy the great view everyday when leave and back to the hostel. Rooms are clean, the staff is very helpful and he taught us Turkish:) I miss my breafast time at the terrace with sunshine and sea view. Definitely will recommand this hostel and i will stay here again next time! Tesekkur;)

It was a very nice 5-nights stay in Istanbul Hostel! It has the best location as it is really just a minute walk from famous locations. However, I was a bit worried with the security in the hostel. I stayed on the 22 bed mixed dorm and I wasn't given any keys or anything. I was worried people could just sneak in. There was no lockers in the room as well. Facilities could be better (more showers and toilets esp for the basement rooms) and especially electric sockets in each bed :)

The staff was very friendly and the hostel was in a excellent location. The view from the terrace was awesome and the breakfast was better than some 2 star hotels i've stayed. Definitely go back, well worth the stay!

Stayed with a group of friends and really loved the place. It is in the best location possible, a minutes walk from blue mosque and hagia sophia situated in the heart of the old city. The terrace restaurant has sweeping views of the great buildings and the sea in the background. Would completely recommend for backpackers.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • India

This is the second time i have chosen to stay at Istanbul Hostel. The location is amazing being only a short 5min walk from all the main attractions and the tramline. The rooms are clean and quiet and very comfortable. The staff are fantastic especially Paco who was very helpful and accomodating. I highly recomend this hostel and will stay here again next time i visit Istanbul.

Located less than 5 minutes walk from the Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque. The bunk beds are made of metal thus very stable (no creaking noise/fear of breaking) and the mattress is firm (made for a good sleep). The shared toilets are a bit small and clean. The staff is wonderful, friendly and super helpful (although it seems that he's there the whole day! :p). Breakfast on the roof is nice especially when the weather is good. The only downside is that there's no common area.

Very nice hostel with a terrace to chill out. Some computers are available for guest and they have the best water pression in the shower I ever seen! Also, the location is right next to the 2 big mosque, but quite a walk (35 minutes) From Taksym square.

Its a nice located hostel, there is free breakfast at the rooftop where you can see the Bosporus! we really enjoyed our first stay, and came back after traveling in Turkey for another night!

I think it is very comfortable and well located. Very clean and awesome staff. Will definitely come back.

• 11th Apr 2014

Chill place. Paco was incredibly helpful: he didn't charge me for the first night I missed bc I missed my flight and lacked internet access to contact him. He also allowed me to use the computer for a couple hours after I checked out so that I could complete my taxes. Loved the beds and decor inside. Great location by the sights and close to the water. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at if not the very best.

• 11th Apr 2014

It was my second time staying at Istanbul Hostel while i'm visiting Istanbul city. This time was with my parents and since the location of the hostel was very strategic, close to the tourist attractions (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia & Topkapi Palace) I really recommended to stay at Istanbul Hostel. It was also close to shoplots and the atmosphere at the hostel was very calm especially while having breakfast at the roof top facing to the Bosphorus straits. Thank you Istanbul Hostel. :)

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

It was a really good location, very close to a lot of the tourist attractions. The staff was friendly, but you should do your research on places to go and not just blindly follow their advice. I did not enjoy the bath house they sent us to and there are plenty in the same price range that are much nicer.

• 8th Apr 2014