Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great staff, location

My friend and I stayed here for a portion of our spring break and we had an absolutely wonderful experience. For one, the staff were very welcoming and friendly. They made themselves available to us if we had any questions or needed help navigating the city (this was our first time in Istanbul). Second, the hostel is conveniently within a two-minute walking distance from some of the major sites like Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace.

• 13th Mar 2015

I had a wonderful time in Istanbul Hostel, conveniently located near to the Blue Mosque. The staff were ever so welcoming and informative. The rooms were very comfortable and the facilities were spotless.The major bonus here is the common room which turns into a bar/chill area at night. This room boasts great views of the city and river. I can highly recommend staying in this hostel. Note!! Istanbul should be lived by day

• 13th Mar 2015

Very friendly staff. I had to reschedule my booking and they were very helpful.

• 13th Mar 2015

I was very satisfied with my stay at Istanbul Hostel. It's my second time to be there. The staff is very friendly, especially Paco. He helped me a lot with good advices on Istanbul life. The breakfast is good, the view from the terrace is fantastic. It's location is very good, five minutes from Aya Sofia, Topkapi, Blue Mosque and many other things in Sultanahmet.

really good value for money, staff is very kind and helping and location is perfect. definitely recommended

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Pakistan

Very friendly staff. The manager Paco is very helpful in giving advice. Also has the perfect location. Rooms are the best from any hostel I saw in Istanbul. Wifi also works really well.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

The location could have not been bette, some may go some a different kind of accommodation but as far hostels Istanbul hostel has been one of the best so far. I stayed 7-8 days, all throughout the staff was amicable and extremely helpful, the atmosphere was relaxed (off season) , breakfast and football afternoons well spent at the scenic rooftop.. The breakfast was fairly good, even though myself I'm not a big fan of black olives and white bread, but yet I guess they is the local thing.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

The location could'nt have been better, the staff is excellent, this hostel is with a genuine hostel-soul. Security and cleanliness are taken good care of. I would like to recommend this place to anybody.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Norway
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice time here, they helped me in a lot of issues, the location is perfect, very good hostel!

• 8th Mar 2015

It's a great place, the location is quite good, 2 minutes walk to ayasocya, blue mosque, the staff here are quite helpful, they will give you a lot of advices.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • China

Location is just steps away from Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and Sultanahmet Square. The rooms are clean, the showers are brand new, there is a bar and restaurant on the top floor where FREE breakfast is served with an amazing view of the Bosphorus. Atmosphere is friendly.I came back after one year and its still a great hostel. The staff is friendly and helpful, free wifi, free computer use and free printer. Travel agency connected to the hostel that can help with bus tickets and tours.

I stayed for 2 days and enjoyed very much. Staff is cool and the breakdast balcony is spectacular. Transport services to airport are great too. Good Thanks!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I met some of my favorite travelers at this hostel so it will always be a special place for me, but I'm not sure if it generally has as much atmosphere as we gave it. I would definitely stay here again. Friendly staff and tasty Turkish breakfast included every morning! the rooms were nice, and the bathrooms were clean. There is also a really nice terrace with a great view of the water and city!

Best location ever! Really nice staff! I arrived before the check-in time, but the guy in the reception let me and my friend get earlier to our room and gave us also breakfast. Thank you, Istambul Hostel! Strongly recommend!

Great hostel one of the best I've ever stayed in. It was huge and the kitchen is as good as a restaurants. There's two rooftop decks with unbelievable views. Showers always have plenty of hot water. Beds are comfortable and the rooms stay warm. (Also Paco at the front desk is the man). Would recommend it and would stay here again!

Hostel is clean, amazing location, staff is very helpful.

• 26th Feb 2015

This hostel has affordable bed with five start views on the roof top. i end up stay more than two days. location is great, too. Hostel is close to many must see place in Istanbul and many restaurants near by.

The guys were super nice and helpful. and the place is real nice. The whoers are nice and hot. real great place, I recommend. Paco help me alot when i lost my card before i came and helped sort it all out for me. super great when your traveling. Top people that work here.

Whenever i come back to Istanbul I forsure will be staying at this hostel. The location was perfect, and the staff were extremely friendly!

• 24th Feb 2015