Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Very average hostel. If you're a budget traveller or want to save money, here is not your hostel since you will eat out in the overpriced Sultanahmet every night because there is no kitchen. Staff were often absent. Security was limited. Rooms were not great looking and I had about 5 people over 60 in my room in my stay. Rooftop is nice though

It is sure not the best hostel I have been to.

Hi - we had a wonderful time in Istanbul. The hostel is in a marvelous location and the staff are just the best. Their service and friendliness really fantastic. We want to say a special thank you to Mr Dun in the travel office. He arranged a fabulous itinerary for us from Istanbul down to Bodrum. Everything went according to plan, so well organised and took all the worry out of trying to make bookings over Ramadam. A big thank you to Mr Dun. Nancy and Russell Langton

Best thing about Istanbul Hostel is the great location! It is just a 5 minutes walk from Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque - surrounded by atmospheric narrow streets of cobblestone, rug stores and charming cafes. It is also a less than 10 min walk from the sea that can be viewed from its restaurant and from the bedroom windows that was lovely framed by a grapevine. Price was excellent for the location, rooms were very simple but clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. In my way back ho

I arrived with some friends to Istanbul hostel very late and felt at home straight away, the manager was very helpful in giving clear directions to local shops and tourist attractions. PS my bed and pillow were more comfy than most hostels I've stayed in 😃

Greatlocation great staff, nice spaciousrooms

• 27th Sep 2014

Great hostel, great location right near main locations and met some wonderful people. There were cafés close by, although a bit expensive and cheaper ones within walking distance. Staff helped us with transport around turkey and future bookings. Only small things were bathrooms were unclean and small and locks on the safes weren't provided.

• 26th Sep 2014

This is the perfect place to stay for price and location, upon arrival I found out that breakfast was included (pre-portioned and bland but still breakfast with tea!). The staff was nice enough and the bed was comfortable...but something in the room or the water in the showers caused a horrible break out of my eczema on my face, it was awful. That being said, I have very finicky skin and NO ONE else had an issue like this so don't let it deter you from booking here!

• 24th Sep 2014

hostel has an excellent location.It is near many monuments (ble mosque, ayasofia, grand bazar). The staff is very kind an helpful. The atmosphere is excellent. I really recommend this hostel.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Tunisia

Location is great but otherwise would not recommend.

Great location. One staff member was absolutely lovely and helpful. Unfortunately there was one man who initially seemed hospitable enough but after not wanting to book a two week itinerary with their travel agent (and we never actually asked for this) he was really rude to the point of saying "next time I won't recommend people to you e.g. carpet store where we purchased items. It felt really awkward after this. Breakfast was okay. The thing I liked the least was that there was no common room

Bathrooms were quite crowded and unclean. Sheets had stains on them in our room. The recommended Turkish bath was also an unpleasant experience (staff were unprofessional, service was not clearly explained).

Location is perfect ! Staff are very friendly ! If I'm going to Istanbul ,I'll stay there again!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • China

Felt this place wasn't as good as some reviews indicate - atmosphere was lacking when we were there and staff, while pleasant, didn't offer much info about the city in general. However, our dorm was comfortable and this hostel offers excellent value for Istanbul. Breakfast is pretty basic but still appreciated! If you are just looking for a bed in the heart of touristy Istanbul this hostel will do you fine, but if you want more of a backpacker experience then there may be better options!

I really enjoyed staying at Istanbul hostel. It's in such a great area in the city. However, the breakfast is a thing they could improve. Every morning you have to

• 10th Sep 2014

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but my single room was tidy clean and secure, especially for the price! The location is great! When I came back I stayed in the 21 room dorm, and again, it was fine for the price. Breakfast on the roof top is nice, and good spot for evening beers! They organised a great trip to Cappadocia for me and most things went smoothly with this. Overall -- Its nothing flash, but its clean, cheap and good location - great for a cheap backpackers!

Given the very good reviews for this place i expected a lot more. Sure the location is brilliant, and the staff is nice enough, but the facilities are dated and it is not as exceptionally over-friendly as you might expect. Nevertheless given its location though and price asked for it's a good deal.

Great location. Alright hostel.

It´s a great hostel in a top neighborhood. Including an atmospheric roofterrace and good rooms, it´s a really good place to stay. Only thing is, there was no locker in my dormitory room, but I was told that in other rooms they have it, so maybe ask for a different room if you like.

• 7th Sep 2014

It's was my second stay at Istanbul hostel and again I would book it without hesitation! Everything was perfect, staff was awesome as usual and you won't regret the view when having your nice breakfast on the terrace. 5 minutes walk from the blue mosque and arya Sophia, I definitly recommend it :-)