Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location. Right by tram station, mosques, and topokapi. Great rooftop terrace to meet othrr people as well!

Well just to the point about the Istanbul Hostel absolutely amazing. Very welcome Mr. receptionist, he know my name already and really appreciate it and the staffs are very welcome. Location was super easy to find, just follow the direction that given by the hostel you'll get the hostel easy. The price also really reasonable with a great facility and services it excellence. Just give some times to enjoy the top roof cafe with fantastic atmosphere.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • nyomanbagus15625
  • Indonesia

very near to tourist spots in istanbul

Great vibe! Perfect location! Just what you want in a hostel- helpful sweet staff, comfortable rooms- even the big dorm is comfy. Fantastic show hot shower and the rooftop common area brings out the best in the happy travelers that come her. Would definitely stay again! Thanks Istanbul hostel for your lovely energy and homelike hospitality :)

Very helpful staff and owner Paco, definitely definitely recommend recommend

Everything was fantastic. They have a wonderfully communal common area, clean facilities, primo location besides the hagia sofia and blue mosque, a fantastic view overlooking the ocean and excellent staff. This hostel could do with some food storage or prep areas, but not too much of an issue because the food that the hostel has on offer is delicious, cheap and filling. Good god i wish i had more of that fluffy white bread.

Awesome hostel right in the middle of old town. Homely environment, Dan and Parco made us feel right at home. Over looks the water and both mosques, would definitely reccomend.

Great location and good people! Will stay here again!

Great place. Awesome staff. Goods beds. Sweet location.

Istanbul Hostel was terrific. I loved the location and the hostel owner, Paco was excellent. Best location, within 5 min walking distance to blue mosque and hagia sophia. My friends and I had a great time in Istanbul and would definitely stay here next time! Thank you Paco for making our trip excellent.

• 28th Oct 2015

I felt the staff was rude. From the very first email I received to future conversations, they had such poor customer service. I wanted to clarify some information regarding my booking before deciding to stay the full length and they treated me badly just because I wanted to double check something. They lied to me, telling me the first night I can pay by credit card and later saying they would only take cash... I insisted on card and they finally gave in. I left after just 4 days.

Had an amazing week here!! Such a perfect location and really close to the tram stop to take you to taksim. Staff were so lovely and helpful. Definitely coming back again!

One of the best hostels in the world, unbeatable location is right in front of the four season hotel, that tells a lot, staff was very friendly, the only thing they could improve is the breakfast, but besides that everything is sensational

Fantastic location and very cheap! Right near the Blue Mosque

I know where to stay when i am in Istanbul the next time. Yes, it will be Istanbul Hostel again! Ideal location and helpful staff.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • India

the hostel is ok for a few nights to stay at. The location is great and also the employees are nice enough. Breakfast could be better and lights at every bed would be perfect.

The hostel is great but I gotta hype their in-house travel agent- when an agent in another city shafted us on an airport transfer, the in-house agent had us take a cab while he personally sorted it out. We got refunds and the (expensive) cab fare handed to us in cash when we got back to Istanbul. Truly above & beyond! This is now the only place in Istanbul we stay. Rooftop bar is superb. Rooms are airy & comfy. Location can't be beat.

You can't beat the location and the restaurant on top makes it easy to meet folks. However, this is more of a travel/tourist company and restaurant masquerading as a hostel. The wifi was spotty at best and their outlet game was pretty weak.

We had great time when we staying here. Their staff is very helpful and friendly. We would definitely will say here again if we come to istanbul.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Excellent location and staff, security non-existent (no lockers and wide open dorm room) BUT everyone says this and the hostel is in a safe area and has seemingly never had any problems so fair enough. Atmosphere was lacking but it is off-season in tourism terms so this is to be expected. Would recommend to anyone.