Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff were absolutely incredible! I had a very early flight on the day I was checking out and slept through my alarm and they woke me up so I wouldn't miss my shuttle. I can not thank them enough! Also the location was perfect.

Not too big on the social side, but everything else is very good

I loved this hostel the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, Location is perfect 2 minute walk from blue mosque/ Haga Safia. Strongly recommend!

A decent hostel. Has a decent bar at the top, but it was pretty expensive. The bathroom wasn't very nice - water on the floor and toilets hadn't been properly cleaned in a long time. Internet didn't work very well - I was unable to make any calls off it even at 2am. I was disappointed when the owner offered me a free drink in exchange for leaving a highly favourable review - I refused and told him I'd just be honest. Perhaps other favourable reviews for this hostel aren't genuine.

This hostel is great! In a very good location, all the tourist attractions are around the corner. It's a 15 minute walk to the grand bazaar. The beds are comfy! The staff are very helpful and friendly. This was my second stay here and I would stay again.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Aruba

Great location; nice roof terrace for breakfast (bread, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, cheese and egg). Bedroom clean and comfortable, with a fan. Showers had a reasonable amount of force. The shower/loo area was a bit cramped though and more than one handbasin would have been good. Staff pleasant. The official policy on the booking form said they limited to ages 14-50 and we were a little worried as one of us was exactly 50, but there was a much older traveller staying there so..

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We had a great time at Istanbul Hostel, friendly staff, good food, great people. We had so much fun on terace every night. We will come back for sure.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Romania

Stayed here for 2 nights, then for another night on my way to Sofia. Really cheap dorms really close to Old Istanbul. Other than that, the staff were really helpful with directions and day to day stuff, rooms were clean and the rooftop bar was a great place to wind down and eat and drink. Would recommend this to my friends!!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Honestly I was a little reluctant to stay at a hostel as it was my first time but it really an amazing experience. The Istanbul Hostel has an excellent location and great staff and a very laid back and relaxed atmosphere where I got to meet some very interesting people.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Pakistan

Too hot to sleep. Except cooling system, everything was good

This hostel has the best location as it is right next to the Blue Mosque and old town. It's a good hostel if your planning to be out all day and just sleep there. There is no security whatsoever so you'll need locks - aside from that it was great for what I needed.

Very close to the Hagia Sophia. Nice staff and great rooms. Breakfast was good but traditional to Turkey.

Really great atmosphere, the rooftop terrace is beautiful. Overall I had a good experience.

• 24th Jul 2014

Really nice hostel! Location couldn't be better, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the view over the terrace is really amazing! Inconvenients would only be the lack of AC in the room in end of July but that's really it. I would defo recommend this hostel.

I like the hostel, staffs are very welcoming, often offer me either baked goods or tea when I seat outside. However, I had a bed in the basement room and it was always dark, could do nothing beside sleeping there. It would be better to have some sort of fans or aircon, especially in the summer months because it gets very hot at night and the whole room with 21 beds rely on a small door to get air from.

If there is an air conditioner, I'll score more than 100%

Reception doesn't give any information on arrival unless directly asked. Instead they harrass you with question like "Why don't you ask anything about the hostel?" Toilets are miniscule and showers are dilapidated. Still, perfect location on a quiet street, 2-minutes walk to the Blue Mosque and Aya-Sofia. And amazing terrace on the upper floor with 10% discount for hostel dwellers.

You should go here on location alone. It is 2 minutes from the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sofia and the cisterns. It is very cheap, the staff are very helpful and all speak good English. There is a cheap rooftop bar with and incredible view.

• 17th Jul 2014

Great location!!!! I loved the rooftop terrace and the breakfast was great. I would absolutely go there again.

Great hostel!! Nicest staff and great location with an expectacular view from the rooftop/restaurant!

• 15th Jul 2014