Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I really enjoyed my stay at Istanbul hostel and although I only intended to stay there for a few days, it wasn't until two weeks later when I finally left! It very comfortable, is quiet when that is what you are looking for, and is also a great place to meet other travelers. Paco, a member of staff, was as friendly, and helpful as he was accommodating. Great guy!. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

Paco the manager will go out of his way to make your stay here an enjoyable one. Where to go, how to get around or maybe even an escorted trip to the Islands or to his favourite local restaurant. The hostel is perfectly situated within the heart of Istanbul, walking distance from all main sights. Definitely recommended.

Helpful staff, amazing location. We rented what was effectively an apartment across the street from the hostel (as they owned it). It was a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom with kitchenette. Amazing value for our money. Would do it again. Only point of contention was that our suite didn't have wifi in it. Other than that it was great!

–It could have used a kitchen. I was interested in cooking here but could not. –The bathrooms on the first floor were organized a bit strangely, there could have been more space in the stalls and more hooks in the showers. –The location and the kindness of the staff made these things unimportant. –The attached travel agency is also very useful.

Excellent place! The guy of the reception, Paco, is awesome he help us a lot!!

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

Great location right in the center of Istanbul. Free breakfast was nice and the view from the roof is incredible. I ended up staying 3 more nights.

Very pleasant stay! The staff is dedicated and helpful, with a relaxing atmosphere. The location is great -> rooftop breakfast with a view! Only remark: the place wasn't as clean as I expected based on the pictures and other comments. The 6-bed rooms were a little soiled and haven't been cleaned during our 5-day stay. But I would still rate 'average' for cleanliness. Truly recommendable, and a good spot to meet fellow travelers. Good luck!

Good location frindly staff (specially Paco). Would stay there again for sure. GO BESIKITAS!!!

• 5th Feb 2014

lacking a common area is probably the only weak point of this hotel , actually they have one , it's just that you can't bring alcohol inside because they sell beer themselves , and they were not cheap . Oh and one of the reception guy scolded us for not checking out on time when actually we still have one night booked , when he found out that he made a mistake , he said nothing but a simple "oh sorry" and we weren't happy about that . Breakfast was fine , just not as good as it sounds in info .

Awesome location - right in the middle of the old city near the blue mosque and near many restaurants. Lovely staff, spacious rooms. A great hostel, would recommend!

• 31st Jan 2014

The hostel is bustling with friendly people, particularly Paco - the man arranging accommodation at the venue. It is a fantastic location just steps from aya Sofia and blue mosque. Loved my stay here and would come back again. Also great recommendations from Paco for places to go to. Continental breakfast was part of the package. Great stay here. Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

I really liked this hostel and would recommend it to anyone going to Istanbul. The staff is incredibly helpful. I think it is very good value for the money. The breakfast is really good, you get egg, cheese, different kinds of jams, butter and as much bread as you´d like. And yummy Turkish tea! The only thing I didn´t like was that for the 31 bed room there was no locker. I left my valuables at the reception every morning so it was okay, but I did´t like to have to leave my clothes + during day

I highly recommend this guesthouse ! I have met the most friendly staff as helpful as funny. The hostel is less than 5 min away from the blue mosque and 1 min away from very good restaurants and typical narguile bars. It is also very cheap, clean and tidy. Even the 20 people dorm looks really nice and probably very chill on summer as it is underground stoned wall. Rooftop absolutely amazing FYI I stayed with my brother in a 8 ppl dorm. Marine

Great location, plus the staff set up for me to go to a Turkish bath house, wow it was amazing!

• 25th Jan 2014

Amazing hostel in a wonderful location. The manager: Paco is very helpful and is always there. The beds and rooms are kept clean. The view is awesome. everything you need in a hostel

The staff are really nice and are eager to provide help. Overall environment is good and tidy. One thing needs improvement is the bunk bed is really hard to climb....

Great location if you want to see the sights. Everything was clean and well organized. I had a good stay.

The hostel is near to Sultan Ahmet and it is also very cheap. Definitely recomended!

Best location, decent breakfast, good shower. No towels, shampoo or body gel provided but there is a hair dryer.

• 6th Jan 2014

Istanbul Hostel is located in a great location right near the "Blue" Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure that all your needs are met. There is a great top floor lounge area and a open terrace on the roof which is a restaurant in the summer. The desk is always manned and there are various employees around during the day so the place is very safe. I have been in other hostels in town and this is the nicest I have seen.

• 5th Jan 2014