Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Had an amazing time in an amazing city. Definitely would come back to Istanbul Hostel! A great place to stay & meet other travelers. Had a fantastic time in my three day stay!

• 25th Sep 2015

Had an amazing stay at the Istanbul Hostel! First hostel I've ever stayed at, but from when I arrived to when I left, I felt very safe, welcomed, and the people there (both staff and other travelers) were really good. The location is great, just down from the main square with the Mosques and museums, and a block away from a great restaurant and bar-lined street. My only suggestions would be to: 1. Have a lock and key to the luggage storage room 2. Have breakfast cereals, not just bread

Excellent hostel and well located!

Nice people, great rooftop terrace to hang out in the evening for socializing with decent hookahs and drinks or during day for getting some work done. Very touristy environment, you got "everything" in walking distance but have to take a longer stroll or the public transport to get to the more "authentic" and affordable places of town.

Hostel is good budget accomodation in the Sultanahmet area,the facilities are average but you get what you pay for!

Nice place :-)

Perfect location and perfect atmosphere! The rooms are very clean and the receptionists (Paco) very helpfull! It also includes a big breakfast. I totally recommend it.

Istanbul hostel was lovely! very clean and comfortable. The rooftop is amazing and well worth the stay. Paco is a very helpful and friendly guy as well!!

Planning return trip to Istanbul. And I will be staying at Istanbul Hostel, the location is perfect, they have travel activities, rooftop lounge. Paco is very helpful, friendly and welcoming. You can't ask for a better host. Having a shuttle service to the airport is icing on the cake.

Very nice hostel and the host paco is also very nice!

Everything was perfect!!!!

The atmosphere was great at this hostel as everyone was quick to say hello and were respectful to keep quiet even though the dorm was big. The problem were that this hostel charges for every little thing; laundry, towels, even paper print outs. The wifi was really poor all over and breakfast was pretty crappy: 1 hard boiled egg, jam packets, stale white bread, and like 2 slices of tomato and cucumber. Still, great location near to Blue Mosque and great atmosphere.

The staff is very nice and protective of you. The breakfast is on the rooftop and has this nice Turkish, urban flair to it. It right by the touristy action in Sultanhamet. Lots of good eats nearby as well as the main sites. Cheap and clean. No lockers but it's a hostel so it's fine. I can't say too much since visitors were infrequent while I was there, so I don't know how the vibe would be with more guests, but it's a good, cheap, clean place to stay.

Very well located in the heart of the tourist district, adjacent to the Blue Mosque and Hagya Sofia and tramway. Multi story building with restaurant on roof offering tasty food and Bosphorus views. Friendly, knowledgable staff, especially Paco. In house travel agency offers full range of Turkish tours and travel. Good atmosphere, good neighbourhood and highly recommended.

Stayed 4 nights instead of 2. Dead centre of main sights. Nice view from bar/ restaurant upstairs. And can book many tours through inhouse travel agent

Istanbul hostel is an amazing time! Their rooftop view is great and such a relaxing atmosphere to hang out after a busy day or night out. They try very hard to help make your stay great. Paco at the front desk is the man. He'll help you with whatever you want to see in the city (he even talked to my taxi driver on the way to give directions). Stay here for a good time!

I was due to arrive on Sep16 at 2am so I booked for 15th night. In the HW booking form, the last hour of arrival that one can notify is 2300. But they say they have 24-hr services. So I did not inform them of my precise arrival time. When I arrived, the staff member was the rudest person I have come across in the hospitality industry. He checked me in but remarked that he would not have had it been the peak season! If you want 2 see real Istanbul, 1 night is enough in Sultanahmet area.

One of my favourite hostels!! Staff were amazing - airline lost my bag and the guys at the hostel tracked it down for me. Really helpful with directions and bookings, nothing seemed like too much effort. Rooms were spacious and clean, terrace was beautiful, good water pressure in showers!! Literally 5 minute walk to blue mosque, and shopping areas. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Istanbul! Highly recommend!

I had a wonderful staying at Istanbul hostel, it's well situated, clean and the upper terrace its amazing. The people are nice and helpful. Keep up with the good job :)

Great location and staff!! Love this place. Very clean and a fun place to meet other travelers!