Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Security was insanely lax. Small lockers were available for valuables and there was a safe behind the desk, but the doors to the rooms themselves were never locked, and the staff was neither present often enough or attentive enough to be an actual barrier to anyone coming off the street and rifling through belongings. The bathrooms were clean enough, although the showers got water everywhere. In addition, I had to walk back and forth across the main lobby to get to the showers/bathroom.

Overall good hostel -- can't beat the location. Most of the main sites were in walking distance, and also close to the tram station if desired locations were out of walking distance. Rooms were without lockers, which was a bit disconcerting, but other than that we enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast was enjoyable, and the staff were fairly friendly. I would recommend this hostel.

This hostel is located close to the Akbiyik (spelled in Turkish with no dots on the i) neighborhood and literally across the street from the Four Seasons Hotel, very close to the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia, an easy walk from the tram stop in Sultanahmet.

I was amazed how close it was to everything!! It made getting to all the major sites very easy.

Tiny rooms but I guess that's true for most hostels in Istanbul as space in such good locations is expensive. Average facilities/security. Ok as most of the time you are probably sightseeing.

Istanbul hostel has by far the best location for travelllors passing through Istanbul. I really enjoyed my time here and there showers are the best showers I have had at any hostel I have stayed at. They were very accommodating and the travel agency next door got me the cheapest prices I could find for cappadocia. I would strongly recommend this hostel.

I would thoroughly recommend this hostel. It's on in a fantastic location for exploring all of Istanbul. Good shower pressure and good hot water. The manager Paco is great, he's friendly and personble. They held one of my suitcases securely while I traveled for 3 weeks, at no extra charge. Lovely terrace bar and restaurant!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Very nice place. Very central if you want to visit the tourist area. The staff is very helpful and can speak English. Would recommend it for anyone who wants to visit Istanbul.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

great location; good breakfast; comfortable beds; friendly staff; not too noisy; very good value for momey

I had a good time at the Istanbul Hostel for a good one week and may come back again when in Istanbul.Exellent location near almost every tourist attractions in the City.Nice breakfast and a terrace but no common room to interract and get to know other travelers.Staffs were very friendly and helpfull all the times.To be realistic, security is very poor and toilets are very tiny..Beds are ok but blankets needs improvement to reach European standards.I'll recommend for anyone coming to Istanbul.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Great location for being close to cultural iconography. Staff very helpful and personable. Beds and restrooms clean. Free breakfast is added perk.

Friendly staff, perfect location, and an awesome rooftop bar for low key hangouts in a beautiful space. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

• 23rd Apr 2015

A bit expensive for what it was, but the facilities were nice, sheets, clean / bed made, and the bathroom generally very clean. There is a "tourism agent" or some such title, who has an agreement to hang around the front desk and tries to sell you tours etc. He's kinda snakey and pressured me into leaving a "good review" on hostelworld. Also emailed me personally using my contact info. So, minus points for that dude.

Great location and each room has a lockable security box. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Would stay again!

Sometimes the first floor bathroom got a little smelly and peey on the floor. Otherwise it's very clean. Could use more amenities in the dorms.

• 21st Apr 2015

Great value and a great location. The staff are warm and offer some help, but not quite to the level of other hostels I've been to. The security lockers are tiny and only really good for small valuables, but the doors to the rooms are locked and I didn't have any issues. There's a restaurant up stairs that can serve as an informal common area, and it's owner is really cool and funny. The hostel is also very clean. Overall I was very happy with my stay there.

This is the perfect location and the staff is so helpful and friendly. They go above and beyond to accommodate you. I stayed in a private room and it was beautiful. It felt like I had my own apartment in Istanbul. The hostel rooftop has a gorgeous view. I had a twenty four hour layover in Istanbul and saw everything I wanted to see because the location was so great and the staff did a great job of helping me plan my day.

• 17th Apr 2015

I stayed here on two separate nights due to long layovers and this was the perfect place to stay. The hostel is located about 5 minutes walking distance from Sultanahment (Blue Mosque) and Ayasofia. The beds and bathrooms were pretty nice and they have free breakfast and wifi which was a plus. The staff was friendly and great at recommending things to do nearby.

• 17th Apr 2015

Excellent location close to all the important sights, with a very nice rooftop restaurant/bar. The area feels very safe too and as a solo female traveller, I was comfortable walking alone in the night. The guy I met at the reception at night when I arrived wasn't too friendly but the next day I met Paco and team- super wonderful and very helpful guys at the reception - thanks! The 9 people room is fine but the 21 people room might feel a bit intimidating. I would still recommend this hostel!

Very Good hostel close to everything in Sultanahmet. The Showers were wooonderful and we were able to sleep comfortably in the rooms. Would stay there again.

• 15th Apr 2015