Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff so friendly and always helping you with anything that you need.

A hook for clothes in the showers would be nice :)

Istanbul hostel was great! The staff is really helpful (Especially Paco!) and patientl when it comes to questions to aid you in touring the city. Its right in the heart of old city by Aya Sophia and Blue Mosque and there's a laundry mat down the street that does laundry for 6TL a kilo (really good price). You meet lots of nice people in the 21 person dorm, and its always clean. Definitely would stay here again.

The location is incredible, 5 minute walk from Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Hostel is pretty quiet which I really appreciate because I have stayed at some where people just party all night and it's impossible to sleep.

Great place, highly recommendable! It was the first place where it was possible to sit on the bottom bed and not be hitting the head on the top bed. The view from the room was amazing, regardless proximity to the restaurants and other places there was no noise bothering in the night. The room was spacious enough so people do not have to "step on each other" getting ready.

Great atmosphere and friendly helpful staff. Would recommend to anyone.

• 27th May 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel is quite decent, location couldnt get any better just metters away from the blue mosque and the Topkapi Palace right in the middle of Sulthanameth!! , but try not to choose the larger bed jaja is way to many people. Breakfast was cool also and the guys at reception were really friendly

I spent some amazing days at Istanbul hostel! Staff there was so friendly, especially paco from the reception! The location couldn't be better right in the middle of sultanahmed. And it was a really cheap price! So next time in Istanbul, I will come back :)

Best localization, goos atmosphere and nice people everywhere. I totally reccomended this hostel!!

The location of this hostel is excellent although the showers and bathrooms are communal and this was a downfall for me. The rooms were very good but no kitchen to prepare any of your own food or drink. The staff also weren't as helpful and friendly as hoped and the free map is impossible to read and navigate. Overall I was personally looking for a friendly and homely feel as a lone female traveller in Istanbul I didn't feel safe anywhere.

Excellent ubication and personal, Paco Was a big friend!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Mexico

The rooftop was amazing. Breakfast was decent. Rooms could have been cleaner.

The hostel has a nice atmosphere, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the location couldn't be better, just between the two main mosques of Istanbul. It was a great experience.

located a short walking distance from sultanhamet camii, hagia sophya and topcapi palace perfectly situated. restaurants and arasta bazaar near as well.

The hostel has great staff and a frıendly atmosphere. The recently upgraded showers are wonderful and the rooftop restauraunt ıs a great spot to eat delıcıous food and vıew the cıty. The locatıon rıght ın the heart of Sultanahmet ıs perfect for sıghtseeıng but ıt ıs also very close to publıc transportatıon to see other areas of Istanbul.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Istanbul Hostel. The staff was very friendly and always eager to help. One day, I lost my wallet in front of the hostel. Of course, I didn't know where I lost it and so I was devastated. But I talked to one of the staff about it ten minutes later and after identifying me, he immediately gave me my wallet. Everything was still inside - all my cards, all my money. Obviously, I was extremely relieved and thankful! Thank you, Istanbul Hostel, I'd love to come back!

• 21st May 2015

All the staff were passionate,I love the place of this area,the mentioning thing is the restaurant here also good~ Thanks for PACO,he is really friendly~

Great hostel. Very well located with are bunk beds. Very cool roof chilling area too, unfortunately they close it at night. The rooftop restaurant is a ripoff and the free breakfast is a joke (old bread from the restaurant with cucumber and one egg). However we still really enjoyed our stay.

Best hostel in Istanbul!! Paco the best

Great! Good value for money. Convenient location. Clean and QUIET! Showers and toilets clean and working well. Helpful staff. Roomy dorm. I will go there again!

• 20th May 2015