Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Perfect place to stay in Istanbul. In the middle of the old city, close to every facilities.It is THE place you want to end up to enjoy Istanbul. I stayed there 1 night, then decided to come back for 3 more after such a great welcome. Close to subway, tram and boat, definatly would recommend to go again! Also, meet Paco, he

Very welcoming staff! Enjoyed my stay and the free delicious turkish breakfast! U had great travel tips from the staff too! :-)

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Staff were really friendly and looked after my camera bag when I accidentally forgot it on the patio! Would love to stay with them again!

• 17th May 2014

Great location! For the price, it has everything you need for a few days to explore Istanbul. Staff very helpful, especially the restaurant manager, re tours and places to see. Discount on food and drinks for hostel guests.

Great location if you are looking to enjoy the more touristy sites of Istanbul. The staff were unbelievably accommodating, especially when one of our friends came down with some terrible food poisoning, and really went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• 17th May 2014

I was at Istanbul hostel during my last trip to Istanbul and I really enjoyed the place, the Hostel is located just few blocks from main buildings in the old Istanbul, the rooms are very clean and I had great evenings at the roof bar drinking some beers. I recommend Istanbul Hostel 100%

• Mexico

I stayed in the 21 bed dormitory, there was absolutely no security, not even a door or any kind of lockers and the reception was often unattended. Everyone could have just walked in. Also I didn't find any power-points in the dormitory and had to charge my phone in the bathroom. I can't evaluate how the other rooms are equipped but i would definitely not recommend the 21bed mixed dorm. The location, however, is awesome - just a few meters walk to all the attractions in Sultanahmet.

Istanbul Hostel is located in the heart of Old Town, which allows you to get anywhere in the city relatively quickly. It is minutes from the Tram, which is a great way to get around Istanbul, to include the airport. The staff is absolutely wonderful and 100% accommodating. They went out of their way to ensure that we had the best stay possible, especially Paco. If you need anything at all, he is the one to go to! I recommend Istanbul Hostel without hesitation.

• 16th May 2014

No complaints. The place was close to everything. The staff was super friendly. The roof patio was amazing. The breakfast is nice touch as well as it allows you to start a day much easier than otherwise.

• 16th May 2014

If you plan to party, stay in Taksim. If you want to be near the tourist attactions, this is your choice.

Friendly staff, amazing location. No security at all in the 9 bed room - the door to the room leads into the main lobby of the hostel, and doesn't lock. There's a small locker that you need to provide your own lock for. Breakfast was small but decent - a hard boiled egg, bread and jam, tea/coffee, olives, cucumber, and tomato.

We stayed in a 2 bed room with shared bathroom, actually located across the street. It's a long way from the airport but once we were there we walked everywhere, very close to the grand bazaar, blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, Bosphorous, cemberlitas hammam. Room was very basic. Bathroom shared, a little grimy in the shower and leaky but otherwise decent. Big shared kitchen which we didn't use. Internet didn't work in the rooms across the street. Lots of shop owners trying to sell us stuff.

It was located at the perfect possible location, close to main sightseeing places, shops, tram station. The staff was really nice and the atmosphere was good. I have no complaints. The breakfast was awesome on the roof floor with an amazing view to the sea and Istanbul. I definitely recommend this to travelers with a low budget. It is totally worth the price.

Very good position, clean rooms and friendly people. The terrace has a very nice view and a good restaurant. I was sharing a room and my roommates were polite and nice. I suggest this place to all the backpackers.

• 10th May 2014

A fun hotel in a cool location. Staff were really friendly and helpful! The roof bar was awesome with a great view of the surroundings and water!

Excellent location just next to Sultanahmet. A no-frills hostel, but recommended for its location and value. To staff - please provide more lockers in the room (or at least fix the broken ones, thanks).

Had a good time here. Location is superb, staff very friendly. Does not really have a common area, although there's a bar upstairs..

The staff is very nice and kindly. If can provide more sockets will be better.

This hostel is overrated!

Great hostel, Paco is the best (Recepcion), the breackfast is included, internet free wifi. The only thing that i didnt like it was that there are not lockers. Anyway I was one week without any problem Thankyou

• 6th May 2014