Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I really liked this hostel and would recommend it to anyone going to Istanbul. The staff is incredibly helpful. I think it is very good value for the money. The breakfast is really good, you get egg, cheese, different kinds of jams, butter and as much bread as you´d like. And yummy Turkish tea! The only thing I didn´t like was that for the 31 bed room there was no locker. I left my valuables at the reception every morning so it was okay, but I did´t like to have to leave my clothes + during day

I highly recommend this guesthouse ! I have met the most friendly staff as helpful as funny. The hostel is less than 5 min away from the blue mosque and 1 min away from very good restaurants and typical narguile bars. It is also very cheap, clean and tidy. Even the 20 people dorm looks really nice and probably very chill on summer as it is underground stoned wall. Rooftop absolutely amazing FYI I stayed with my brother in a 8 ppl dorm. Marine

Great location, plus the staff set up for me to go to a Turkish bath house, wow it was amazing!

• 25th Jan 2014

Amazing hostel in a wonderful location. The manager: Paco is very helpful and is always there. The beds and rooms are kept clean. The view is awesome. everything you need in a hostel

The staff are really nice and are eager to provide help. Overall environment is good and tidy. One thing needs improvement is the bunk bed is really hard to climb....

Great location if you want to see the sights. Everything was clean and well organized. I had a good stay.

The hostel is near to Sultan Ahmet and it is also very cheap. Definitely recomended!

Best location, decent breakfast, good shower. No towels, shampoo or body gel provided but there is a hair dryer.

• 6th Jan 2014

Istanbul Hostel is located in a great location right near the "Blue" Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure that all your needs are met. There is a great top floor lounge area and a open terrace on the roof which is a restaurant in the summer. The desk is always manned and there are various employees around during the day so the place is very safe. I have been in other hostels in town and this is the nicest I have seen.

• 5th Jan 2014

the locatıon of the hostel ıs so nıce so ıts very easy to fınd ıt and Paco(the staff ın the hostel)was so kınd He let me leave my luggages ın the hostel for 4days even thought I had already checked out I recommend thıs hostel

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • South Korea

The guys who work there make your stay way better.I think they should try to clean the toilette once more a day, specially during new years eve,when it's fully booked, because sometimes the toilette was not that clean, nothing chaotic, but it could be improved. They should also try to put some extra plugs in the dorms, sometimes we had only one or two, what makes things a bit harder in our high technology world nowadays. Otherwise everything was great and the Hostel is one of bests in Turkey.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It is in the perfect location to visit the historic stuff in Istanbul, it's quite expensive, and the facilities are comfortable and clean. The people at the front desk are also pretty friendly and helpful and easy to joke around with.

second time I stay at Istanbul hostel and the second time I love it

Great location, minutes walk from AyaSofya. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely stay here again.

Thank you for great NY Holiday! Sergii & Natalia

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Ukraine

Never ever again!!! - It was very cold. they did not put on the heating during the day. - no space for luggage in your room - no space for food in the kitchen - You are not allowed to use the kitchen! I have asked for some hot water while I was sick but did not get it. - internet connection is very bad - to sit on the toilet is difficult - You have to leave your stuff outsite the shower where everybody can take it and dress where everybody can see you. In the shower it will get wet.

• 28th Dec 2013

friendly staff, good location, delicious breakfast. however, overly priced and NO wi-fi in the apart rooms!

Great location near Taksim square and in a small parallel street to Istiklal Avenue where main shopping stores are found, the place allows to go out for delicious affordable dinner in lokantasi, hang out in bars and shop for simple necessity items in groceries. The staff is warmly friendly and helpful in advising and providing help to the travelers. We just stayed one night, but wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the atmosphere of the place and meet other travelers.

Paco was helpful with booking Turkish bath and airport shuttle. He was also good resource for best places to see in Istanbul. The hostel is located very close to Blue Mosque, Mosaic Museum, Hagia Sophia, and Basilica Cistern. Only two outlets in dorm, which is tough when 6 people have to plug in their electronics. The showers are small - no room to put your clothes unless you keep them wrapped in a bag. Breakfast is included and served on roof. There is convenience store across the street.

Great place very convenient location and good for meeting people!