Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Checked in at 2am because of a late flight and the staff were great! Super central to everything which made getting around the city really easy. Also had a free breakfast in a nice relaxing terrace area upstairs which we could drink at till the early hours of the morning. The staff also recommended a lot of cool places and even had a travel agent available to help us with our plans after Istanbul. Thanks for a great stay guys!

Superb location. Hostel was nice. With a sunny rooftop.

We had a lovely stay. We spent our first night admiring the view from the incredible terrace. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We came at a later date and they allowed us to store our luggage and continued to help us tour the city.

• 4th Sep 2015

I stayed here 7 years ago, and again last week. They have a beautiful terrace restaurant and comfy dorm beds. The location cannot be beaten, less than 5 minutes to the main sights of Aya Sophia. Really good value for money, and the staff are amazing. I lost my bag on the metro, and they helped call the metro office several times in Turkish for me - far beyond the normal call of duty. With their assistance, I managed to get my bag back!

Nice asmosphere. Close to the old city and tram station. Very nice staff. Bathroom is clean. I made a lot of friends here.

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Thailand

Istanbul is incredible and this hostel is perfectly situated to enjoy the city. You are right next to the four seasons right in the center of everything. I spoke to the owner really cares and wants you to have a positive experience. I was on the second floor and there were 2 rooftop lounges above me with wonderful views. Definitely experience the hammam that the hostel recommends for an authentic Turkish bath that is affordable. Good breakfast and even the water pressure in the showers is great.

The hostel is really well located for major attractions. Breakfast wasn't great. Staff were very pushy to book tours through their company. Cleaners cleaned restaurant bins in the showers, yum.

Very confortable and nice hostel. Excellent staff. Good location.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Good location in the old town. Average security - 6 bed dorm has door lock and very small lockers. 13 bed dorm has no lock or lockers. Some street noise form cars and restaurants. Good breakfast. Great roof top area. Comfy beds. Bathrooms have seen better days but are OK. Good staff but tried to bribe me with beer and pressure me to create review in front of him. I said no. Got hassled about it during the day which was uncomfortable. Not sure how many reviews here were coerced.

Hospitality

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Albania

Fantastic location, great staff, friendly people, and you get a discount at the roof top restaurant!! which has an amazing view of the Hagia Sophia.

• 29th Aug 2015

Fantastic place right in the heart of Istanbul, couldn't feel more the thick of it and yet with a tranquil atmosphere. Breakfast overlooking the Bosphorus is fresh and abundant, and a cold beer back up on deck is perfect. Paco who looks after the place is very accommodating, takes care of everything and makes you feel at home. I'll definitely be back.

Security seems a little spotty but I guess they don't tend to have problems. Nice rooftop area with free breakfast. Smoke gets into the first floor rooms fairly easily unfortunately. Showers don't have hooks which is tricky.

Can't beat the location. Staff were super friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend.

Excellent Hostel ! great staff

• 24th Aug 2015

Friendly staff, great location and atmosphere! Recommend!

Thanks for everything. I had a brilliant tıme. If I ever come back to Istanbul, I would defınately stay here again. Pleasure to meet you and keep up wıth the great job!

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Great place

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The staff are helpful but unobtrusive. Definitely what I'm looking for on a trip like this. It seeemed my fellow hostel-mates were a little lax about locking the room door, and as the hostel is pretty open to the street, it felt maybe a little less safe than I would have liked. But nothing bad happened so nothing real to complain about!

• 21st Aug 2015

Great hostel clean and reliable, booked all my tours through them and my balloon trip got cancelled and they refunded me no problem best roof top bar too great food