Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I loved staying here, the hostel staff in particular were wonderful and so so helpful. Worth staying here especially for the rooftop bar!

Great place to stay in Istambul. Location is perfect for getting to all the important places. The personal was very nice and welcoming, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I would totally stay here again if I come to this great city once more.

Hostel was great. Would have liked if they were able to help you book excursions around the city, though.

• 4th Jul 2014

I was pleased to be able to stay in such a pleasant hostel nearby the heart of ancient Istanbul. I really liked the location, rooftop views, and friendly staff as well. I had lots of fun meeting enthusiastic travelers from around the world in a truly international hostel environment. Both Emery and Paco were lots of fun. Highly recommend this hostel!

Lovely hostel with very friendly staff and plenty of toilets, showers and hot water. Breakfast was a little disappointing but one can't grumble given the price. It is in the perfect location, literally 2 minutes from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and loads of shops and cafés

A really poor hostel, except for the location. No personal lockers and anyone can just walk into the downstairs dorm from the street basically. The downstairs dorm is really unpleasant. When I checked in, before I had even got out my passport the sleazy guy at reception was hounding me about tours and shuttle buses, etc. I didn't see the Hosteling International flag out front, maybe they've been kicked out of the organization. No HI hostel should be this bad.

Fantastic location and very convenient to have breakfast at hostel!

Amazing location. 5 minute walk from Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque and a ten minute walk to the Grand Bazaar or the Spice Market. The place was not very clean. The bathroom was shared and only cleaned in the morning. Our sheets had stains and white stuff (ew) on them when we first got there. However, this place really was just a place to sleep since there's SO MUCH to do in Istanbul. Basically, the city as amazing, this hostel wasn't. For the same $, you can stay at a REAL hotel in the area.

great location ..central to everything (blue mosque, sofia, grand bizzare ect). a walk away from the clubbing district. aewsome rooftop view!!

I had a fantastic few of days at Istanbul hostel. It is located very conveniently near all the main tourist attractions in a safe, picturesque part of the old town. The staff are great and more than happy to help with any tours or advice for things to do/see around town. Highly recommend staying.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Not the most fun hostel I've ever stayed at but overall good experience. Great roof top terrace and they do serve beer.

The staff was very helpful ın many ways. I felt at home.

• 19th Jun 2014

Brilliant stay. Very friendly staff, always keen to help. Great facilities and breakfast. Would recommend!

It was great hostel, located really close to old downtown. The employees were very accommodating and helpful. They allowed us to pay whenever was convenient and let us switch nights around because we decided to make a day trip to pamukkale. There is also a gorgeous view from the top restaurant.

• 19th Jun 2014

COMING BACK TO THIS HOSTEL IS LIKE COMING HOME.THEY LOOKED AFTER EXTRA BAGS WHILE WE CONTINUED OUR HOLIDAY. WE ATE IN FOR OUR EVENING MEALS. BEER AT THE RIGHT TEMP

Excellent location & helpful staff,I am sure I will be back next time.

Paco was really helpful to us, giving us tips and advice for many things. The tourism industry in Turkey is enormous, sometimes honest people are hard to come by. Take my word, Paco is one of the "good guys".

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

One of the best!

Great hostel! In a walking distance from all the tourist places, very central. The staff was great, very clean. They have a great terrace where you can hag out and eat a really good breakfast! I highly recommend it, and would definetly stay there again!

• 16th Jun 2014

The facilities are well kept and the atmosphere is nice. My only gripe about my room was that it was so hot. I understand if it's an old building and it may not have AC, but a fan would be a wonderful alternative to provide. The room was very nice otherwise. Comfy bed, somewhat modern, and very clean. The location is great. Close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, as well as a tram stop. WIFI worked wonderfully. I'd stay here again because the staff was really helpful and friendly.