Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

everybody was happy to help. if i staid more close to hagia sophia i was staying in Hagia Sophia. The view is also good.

The location is really good, it is near the main mosque and it is localized is really safe. Moreover. the staff helped us to print and use the computers. There is a roof, where we could had breakfast seeing a beautiful view of the sea and the city as well. Hot showers is really useful and they helped us to get in several places, they gave us tips and good advice where we were here. Para os brasileiros eu realmente recomendo!!

The hostel is right in the center of the city and the staff was very friendly and helpful for information about the turistic spots. The room and the coomunal spaces were very clean. I am very happy for everything!

• 29th Dec 2014

The location is great—the hostel is close to most attractions, which are all within walking distance. The staff here is super nice—especially Paco!—if you stay here, which you should, say hi to him for me! The bathroom is clean, and the price is reasonable.

We stayed in 6/1 bedroom during winter period. The room was clean, nice and warm. Showers and toillets clean. Breakfast on the rooftop. Helpfull English speaking staff. Location - few minutes on foot from Aya Sofia and Blue mosque. We had a rented car and were in doubt about the parking possibilities. So, to clear this out.. the hostel does not have it's own free parking for the guests. But, there is always (or we were lucky enough) a free spot on the street in front of it (no parking fee).

The good: the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, assisting with bookings, tour information and other information; they made a ton of calls for me when my tour was late to help me figure out what was going on; there was always someone at the reception desk The not as good: the security lockers were very small and the heater had a hard time keeping the room warm

It is the second time I stay at istanbul hostel and probably not the last. It is situated 2 minutes away from Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, you cannot be closer. The staff is really nice and helpfull. If you like the hostel atmosphere and meeting people from all over the world that's a good place to be. I'm not at all disappointed by my stay and i would recommend it. Raphaël

• 26th Dec 2014

Great free breakfast and warm,clean room ( I was in a 6 female dorm). Thanks to Paco ( the night receptionist) who has been so nice and helpful. He booked me for the Derviches (fabulous show of whirling dancers) and for the Turkish baths ( The full package is totally worth it! I had a great time, I would just recommend first to go there late in the evening and then to don't be too fussy and enjoy the awesome experience!!) I totally recommend the hostel, I also met lovely travelers there.

Thank you to the very helpful staff at Istanbul Hostel - Paco, Emray. Dan and all the other staff. Have spent a few enjoyable week here over the Christmas and New Year period. The travel agency next door was very helpful in organising a trip to Cappadocia for me. but many other side trips are also easily arranged. Pity the weather couldn't be arranged also though. as my balloon trip was cancelled due to bad weather - but fully refuinded. Definitely recommend this hostel for anyone! Thanks

Had a nice, pleasant stay here. Really close to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque, and super easy to get to from Ataturk airport. Danny is the man!

Me and my mom we were traveling around Turkey, an amazing country by the way. and we stayed at this hostel for a week. It was a great experience the staff like Paco is super friendly and is always trying to help you with everything, the owner always have a smile for the tourists, and the ladys in the kitchen were so nice by giving us breakfast after it was finish. I would def recommend this place specially for the location, 5 mins walking to the main sightseeing. thanks for everything guys. samy

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Colombia

I recommend this adresse!!! Very good hostel!!! Excellent location!!! We were very glad to spend our Christmas holidays here. You have everything that you need: hot water, good breakfast and smiling stuff! :)) Thank you and good luck!!!

The place was very clean, location was excellent -just a minute's walk from Sultanahmet-, breakfast was basic and the guys at the reception were helpful although not always on the spot. As another reviewer mentioned before, my room could not be locked and I can say that it wouldn't be too hard to open the door without the key (the doors downstairs are open anyway); that could be an issue for some. It was a nice VFM.

Good place to stay

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

i really love this place and the helpful staff

I enjoyed my stay at Istanbul Hostel. The staff especially PACO are extremely helpful and went out of their way to help me while drafting my itenary to go to paces in Turkey. Paco even suggested the best places to eat authentic Turkish food. The hostel is located in the heart of the area amongst the Blue Mosque. Hagia Sophia. Topakapi Palace etc. Facilities available are very good

• 17th Dec 2014
  • India

i realy enjoyed my stay

Absolutely loved this Hostel. Not only was the staff so welcoming and kind, they really enriched our experience in Istanbul by being so helpful. We booked the 21 bed suite, but upon arrival, they put us in a private room for the same price, simply because they had a vacancy. They had a great breakfast prepared every morning, and we even received free turkish coffee! The staff here made this experience 20 times better than I could have ever hoped for. Thank you!!

• 27th Nov 2014

that s a good atmosphere here, kind and helpful staff and good scene for breakfast ;)

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Really good location and friendly staff. Booked for one night but stayed for a week.