Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Helpful staff.well located for the major tourist sites and transport. Large occupancy dorms in a large airy room with ventilation.Roof terrace nice breakfast good they even allowed me to have breakfast on my early morning check in. Bunk beds need more height between them

The location is just fantastic, you can see Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque tops from the terrace. Amazing. Staff friendly, chatty with a nice sense of humor :) Breakfast included, nothing special but appreciated. Hostel was really really clean. Can only recommend.

I have been at many hostels, and Istanbul hostel is one of the best. I will stay there at my next trip to Istanbul for sure.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Nice Hostel, great staff. really close to sights like Ayasofia and Sultanahmed Mosque. Free breakfast every morning. best value or money in Istanbul ithink!

The staff was accomodating and the hostel was a short, walkable distance to many of the major sights, really the perfect location. Comfortable, very clean rooms. Great place!

Istanbul hostel was in the perfect location to view all of the sights of Sultanahmet, the hostel was clean, comfortable and the wifi was good. Definitely good value for money. Paco went out of his way to help us get from the airport to the hostel and overall we had a great stay. Only thing missing was a common room to socialise with other backpackers however there was a cool cafe next door and a restaurant upstairs.

Good, cheap

Excellent location, right next to the Blue Mosque, the hostel also has a travel agency and a restaurant inside it, which makes things easier. The staff is amazing and will do everything on their power to help you, which I think for a hostel is one of the most important things, specially Paco, the guy from reception. I recommend it !

A very good hostel for the money. The location could not be better. The stuff was helpful.

Everything seems good to me excepting I saw nothing to charge my phone and camera in the second time I stayed here. It would be the best if the hostel add one charge plug for each bed and we dont have to wait and move around to charge devices. I think this point is very important. But I feel very relaxing overall.

Nang. (Really gr8 - loved it).

• 31st Mar 2014

I stayed four nights and enjoyed Istanbul. The hostel was clean and personable if a little crowded. But that lead to some pleasant exchanges with other guests. Would definitely stay here again.

Paco (the host) is really helpful and great to talk to!

Istanbul Hostel's location is great! It's right behind the Blue Mosque. The rooms, bathroom, and kitchen were clean. I was able to meet some cool people at the hostel as well. But, the atmosphere in general was average. I was concerned about security because even though the front desk was staffed almost 24/7, many people from my room did not lock our room's door when they left the room. Istanbul Hostel should enforce that. Also, they need to improve their breakfast. Options are very limited.

Tremendously enjoyed my stay at Istanbul Hostel. Besides having a convenient location(close to attractions-Blue mosque, Aya Sofia, Topikapi palace, Cistern) it was great value for money(breakfast, cleanliness etc). IH stands out because of it's helpful/professional staff, particularly Paco. He's a great host, friendly, patient and resourceful with all kinds of information for a tourist. It's a place I'd recommend and return to whenever I visit.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Kenya

Great location, pretty nice bed, nice staff. There's no real common room and the rooftop bar isn't very active (but it's got a fantastic view in the morning).

Location, location, location, within walk distance to " the blue mosque, hagia Sophia, and tram stop", easily commute from the airport to the hostel . Good price, excellent location, friendly staff, within a stone's throw to the famous "Four Seasons Hotel" , for new visiters, just ask local people where is the "Four Seasons Hotel", you will find the Hostel.

The best hostel Istanbul location is perfect and the staff was very helpful, specially Paco he was very helpful on great places to eat and gave great suggestion and advice places to see and prices of places. also the atmosphere in this place was great. only one thing that bothered me was that the dorm I stayed had a huge opening on top so when ever a bunch of people came in and had a blast you feel like your in the action. I would definitely book my stay here, when I come back.

Quite ok, for nightlife not the best location, but for tourist attractions. No kitchen and I missed a cosy common room.

Great Hostel! Paco was helpful and was at the hostel lobby more or less all day long. Nice people living there, went out a lot of times with room mates or friend met in the lobby room. A common room could be missed but we were most of the time in the city so we didn't miss it.