Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff were realy nice, especiality Paco, he gave me good information and tips.

I thought this hostel was an amazing experience. This place exceeds any kind of expectation. First off, let me mention the view. If you ascend straight to the roof area you have an almost completely unimpeded view of the Hagia Sofia and the Aegean Sea. It really is spectacular. Special mention about the staff - Paco, et al, are fantastic people and will help you out with anything you need. COME HERE! You won't regret it.

• 17th Mar 2014

A nice hostel with good location and nice staffs. Stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed it.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • China

Great location and nice Stuff.

The staff were very friendly and willing to answer questions and the door rooms were very clean.

Amazing Place to visit and really great location. I would love to return.

The hostel was located in a PERFECT spot, and i mean perfect. Literally a three miinute walk from blue mosque, basilica cistern and a 7 minute walk to the bazaar. Paco, who works there, is awesome. He goes out of his way to help out however he can. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a cool place to hang out and meet people. Oh and they have 2 roof top terraces. One thats enclosed and one thats completely open. Amazing views

• 13th Mar 2014

This hostel was an amazing experience. The bar tender Josef (pronounced Yo-Seff) was the best. He was entertaining and kind to his guests. He made sure that groups of people got talking and drinking together. The beer at the bar was reasonably priced and so was the food for hostel guests and it was delicious authentic Turkish food. The Location is prime. The beds are comfy and long enough for tall people. There is airport shuttles that leave the hostel as well which is super convenient.

This was the second time that I have stayed here and it is definately an amazing spot. We made good friends with the staff yoseph was very good to us as was paco. They will help you with everything u need and yoseph will hang out with you all night. The rooftop terrace is great. The location is perfect the beds are comfy. I will definately be back. Thank you guys for everything!

Had a great time. Best place İ have stayed in İstanbul and would recommend it to my friends. The staff make it what it is!

• 11th Mar 2014

The location alone makes this hostel well worth the stay. Located within walking distance of Hagia Sophia and The Blue Mosque, it provides great access to the sites and sounds of Old Istanbul.

Great place, very close to main attractions... Very clean and cozy place, good reastaurant upstairs and very friendly staff

Istanbul Hostel is in a great location right by the Hagia Sophia and Sulten Ahmed (Blue) mosques, and a five minute walk to the railway station. It is in a safe location, with someone at the desk 24/7, and there are plenty of restaurants surrounding the hostel. There terrance on the second floor provides a great view of the city. The staff is friendly and fluent in English and the tour agent here, Daniel, was particularly helpful in getting us a tour of Cappadocia.

• 9th Mar 2014

I originally booked here for 3 nights because I wasn't exactly sure of my plans yet in Turkey, but ended up staying through the whole 6-day travel. Didn't even bother looking for somewhere else to stay because I fell in love with this place after the first night. The staff were very helpful with every single thing!!! Not just helpful but they're just super awesome and chill with everyone. THE COOLEST TURKISH PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET! Oh, you need 3 liras or so to rent a towel. THANK YOU !!!!

• 9th Mar 2014

There was nothing going on in the hostel. We were too loud everywhere we wanted to hang round, so its not a good place if you want to have a good time, meet some other people,... And after 4 days, we were sick of the same breakfast every morning.

Very flexible to our change of plans. Associated travel agency was very helpful to us, put together a great trip to Cappadocia which we couldn't have planned ourselves and gave us advice about putting together our other plans. Good breakfast, served upstairs at the rooftop restaurant. Very nice people!

• 8th Mar 2014

The staff was really helpful and the location is amazing.

• 8th Mar 2014

Istanbul Hostel is a great place to stay if you are looking for an affordable hostel right in the heart of Sultanahmet. You will be walking distance from the blue mosque, Ayasofia, Topkapi and many other historical sites. The restaurant in the hostel is also very good and slightly less expensive than other offerings in the area. I also recommend checking out Pallatium next door and booking a trip through the travel agency connected to Istanbul Hostel. They made the arrangements for our trip to C

• 5th Mar 2014

Room was very cold, not enough heating. Bathroom was not clean, the shower was full of mildew....but warm water. I would not stay there any more.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

The location of the hostel is very good and it's easy to visit the main sights from there. Also you can easily get to the Taksim square by tram and the location is safe, as it is directly next to a Four Seasons hotel. The room I stayed in was clean and the bed comfortable. With two blankets it was a comfy night.