Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

There were no storage lockers so everything was out in the open all day long. There was also no key needed for anything, anyone could just walk in to both the hostel and the rooms. But that being said, couldn't have asked for a better location. 3 minutes walk away from the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque.

It's awesome! Perfectly placed, great staff, clean, comfy beds, great showers!! There's also a travel agency attached that can book trips anywhere!

• 8th May 2015

Amazing hostel, great vibes, and literally around the corner from the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, so you'll find no better location in Sultanahmet for sightseeing. The roof terrace is spectacular and I've never met more fun folks at a hostel. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Istanbul hostel is perfectly located in Sultanahmet, next to all the main tourist attractions such as Hagia Sofia and Topkapi Palace and much more! :) They serve free breakfast which is very nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful- Paco is an awesome guy, he allways helped me with anything I needed! There is also a beautiful rooftop restaurant with an amazing view and nice meals and nice staff! All in all it's an excellent hostel, totally worth the money and I highly recommend it! :)

friend stayed here previously so i decided to book. hostel is pretty basic but it is in a really good location.. walking distance to tophaki palace, blue mosque, grand bazaar and more. free breakfast with typical turkish breakfast, veggies and bread. restaraunt on the top floor with decent food.

The location could not be better! Right in the heart of Sultanahmet and a couple minutes walk to Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya. Staff super helpful. No common areas but there is a rooftop restaurant (where you get a bit of breakfast in the morning). No keys for dorm rooms, but there are lock boxes (if you have a small enough lock!). Would definitely recommend for a stay for a couple of nights.

The breakfast, location and security were the best things of this hostel. I enjoyed my stay there. Only 10 minutes walk from all the important sites and very close to the tramway station.

• 7th May 2015
  • Chile

This is for far the best hostel that i been in all my trip (I been in more than 10 hostesl). The hostel is safe and clean, staff its really nice all the time helping and friendly! i am so glad to stayed in this hostel!. Also i met a lot of amazing people in the hostel!, so if you are looking a hostel for meet people this is the place! because it is really warm!. Thank you to the owner and the staff for make my days in istanbul better!. The location couldnt be more perfect!

Nice shower, nice bed, very well located. It worths.

Staff very attentive, flexible, and friendly. Not only are they gorgeous to look at, they act as bouncers keeping out people who shouldn't be in the hostel. rooms are clean with comfortable beds. There are enough outlets to charge everybody's electronics and the towels you can rent are as soft as clouds. The location isis perfect for those interested in the cultural excursions and those who like a more laidback atmosphere than at Taksim.every time I come back toIstanbul I stay here.

A good place to stay, the staff is friendly and helpful, the hostel's location is great, right next to most sightseeings wich is a big plus, also they have a great roof bar with a beautiful view where you can relax and the prices are fair. On the other hand the hostel's lockers are very small, even a dslr camera won't fit properly...

• 3rd May 2015
  • Greece

I had great time staying in this hostel. Initially I booked it only for two nights but afterwards I extended my stay. I traveled alone and staff were very friendly and welcoming and I felt like at home. The location is great with beautiful top terrace, great food and free breakfast.

Nice little hostel. Great views from the top of the balcony where you can have free breakfast. Left a day early because I changed my plans and with a little bit of deliberation and hesitation from the management team they refunded me for the last night. Which was very kind of them. First time in a hostel and as a female single traveller it was an all round good experience.

• 1st May 2015

Excellent Location & good hostel.

Security was insanely lax. Small lockers were available for valuables and there was a safe behind the desk, but the doors to the rooms themselves were never locked, and the staff was neither present often enough or attentive enough to be an actual barrier to anyone coming off the street and rifling through belongings. The bathrooms were clean enough, although the showers got water everywhere. In addition, I had to walk back and forth across the main lobby to get to the showers/bathroom.

Overall good hostel -- can't beat the location. Most of the main sites were in walking distance, and also close to the tram station if desired locations were out of walking distance. Rooms were without lockers, which was a bit disconcerting, but other than that we enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast was enjoyable, and the staff were fairly friendly. I would recommend this hostel.

This hostel is located close to the Akbiyik (spelled in Turkish with no dots on the i) neighborhood and literally across the street from the Four Seasons Hotel, very close to the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia, an easy walk from the tram stop in Sultanahmet.

I was amazed how close it was to everything!! It made getting to all the major sites very easy.

Tiny rooms but I guess that's true for most hostels in Istanbul as space in such good locations is expensive. Average facilities/security. Ok as most of the time you are probably sightseeing.

Istanbul hostel has by far the best location for travelllors passing through Istanbul. I really enjoyed my time here and there showers are the best showers I have had at any hostel I have stayed at. They were very accommodating and the travel agency next door got me the cheapest prices I could find for cappadocia. I would strongly recommend this hostel.