Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

What a perfect place to stay! Aya Sophia, the palace and Blue Mosque around the corner! Nice view from the terrace, and a good neightbourhood... I'd recommend this one for a great Istanbul-experience!

Great location, friendly staff, free breakfast, comfortable beds, you can't really ask for more!

• 2nd Nov 2013

I had the best stay at the Istanbul Hostel. All the staff is very nice and helpful! Love the location, and a great place to meet people.

Great people and very friendly. This hostel is in a great location for those who want see the main atractions of Istanbul. They have a travel agent inside who helps a lot with extra trips and a shutle to the airport if u need it. Thx for all and if u need any help, just ask for Paco. =) See u next year guys.

Great hostel, friendly staff and excellent toilets/showers. Location couldn't be better, next to hagia sofia and blue mosque

Great location, right in the center beside Blue Mosque, great staff, on the second day of our stay we got a really good room, with tv, newly renovated, like in a hotel.

the service was great and the location too! Paco from the reception desk is just sosososo nice!!!! if I get chance to go istanbul again, definitely will choose istanbul hostel again. Thanks again

• 29th Oct 2013
  • China

Location Very good walking distance to everywhere. Great staff very helpful any question you have about food, nightlife or anything you can ask Paco he is a great guy and will show you in the right direction. Nice terrace with a great view and many channels on the upstairs tv. Will stay here again whenever I visit Istanbul.

• 29th Oct 2013

This is the best hostel that I have stayed in. It is the best located hostel in Istanbul. It is in the heart of Sultanahmet (Old City). It is two minutes from all the important tourist sites. Furthermore it is very near one of the main tram lines which is very convenient for getting to other parts of the city. However, the best thing about the Istanbul Hostel is the staff and in particular PACO. Very helpful and able to provide advice for all my questions. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL.

• 28th Oct 2013

quite dirty and expensive for a low quality hostel no kitchen, rooms with humidity, very bad breakfast

• 27th Oct 2013

Perfect location, so I could get to the Aya sofia and Blue mosque within a 3minutes. Also it is very close from the tram station 'sultan ahmet', so you can get to the other tourist attractions like taksim. The room and bathroom was clean, everyday the staff cleaned up my room. 24 hours hot shower is avaliable. free WIFI in your room, free computer, internet too. Staff was so kind and helpful so I could make a reservation for my bus. I definitely use this hostel later if I visit Istanbul again. !

• 25th Oct 2013
  • South Korea

We stayed in a 6 beds female dorm next to the bathroom which made the room very humid and noisy. Yet the room was vacuumed everyday and the bathroom/toilet were clean. It did the job, especially because it's very well located and commute/walk everywhere is easy, but a 6 nights stay was too long according to the noise level (it happens in hostel) and the humidity in the room. Although all dorms may not be as humid as was ours. It's in the very touristic area with its advantages & disadvantages...

Nice hostel - excellent location, very close to the Blue Mosque. Would recommend.

After five months travelling the world, Istanbul Hostel was one of the most hospitable places I have had the pleasure of staying in. Not only is it situated perfectly in the heart of the Old City, the staff are warm and welcoming, and eager to cater for you every need. Thank you so much! I had a blast!

• 25th Oct 2013

I had a really good time at Istanbul Hostel. Staff are sooo friendly and helpful, specially Paco Jr who helped me booking my trip to Troy and Gallipolli. He actually called the hotel and reserved accomodation and tours for me for the best value for money! Also showed me how to book bus tickets. He is definetly an asset for the hostel. Always smilling and helpfull. I also booked a 5 days trip with their travel agency and it was not a rippoff...same price as paying locally but all organised for u!

While overpriced, the hostel is extremely well located for tourists. Close to Sultanahmet, it's also a block away from a great street full of unique restaurants, fun patios, and a fantastic atmosphere. Though not the best place we stayed in Istanbul, the place is a hostel through and through and thus good for those on a (decent) budget. It's small, if that's what you want, and the staff is accommodating. The breakfast leaves much to be desired though, so you'll likely need to buy your own food.

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed at. The staff was really friendly and helpful, as were the other guests. There's a beautiful terrace and common area at the top level that overlooks the water and city scape on one side, and the mosque filled skyline on the other side. The breakfast was good considering the price, and you can buy meals and drinks there throughout the day. This was really a great hostel!

• 24th Oct 2013

Great place! Wish that it was more social, but I think I came during a less popular period (End of Oct)

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » last »