Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Right in the centre of the best tourist places to see. Unfortunately far away from Galata where the night life is, but the hostel is great, staff is friendly, bathroom is clean, bed is comfortable. No complaints.

Muy buena ubicación, las camas fueron las mas cómodas de nuestro viaje (5 hostales que estuvimos), la terraza con buena vista, ideal para tomar desayuno. Gracias por la atención, nos ayudaron a elegir lo mas típico turco y no lugares solo turísticos. Los dueños viven en el mismo edificio. Recomendable la Hostal

• 11th Jan 2016
  • Chile

Amazing location like your right by the blue mosque and everything u need is there. Wifi is great, breakfast is decent. I would stay again

Their staff very bad

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

Thıs couple woke up before 6am each mornıng for theır prayers, but they were very loud ın theır shared dorm room, not respecting the other guests in the hostel who were trying to sleep at that time. The staff was asked by other guests to speak to them and asked them to be quiter in the mornings. Unfortunately, they're not happy that they were asked several times to be quiet before 6am, but we would not have had to speak to them if they had been respectful of the others sleeping in their dorm room.

Great spot right close to all the main sites and the metro! Also a cool feature is they have a PC for guests to use in the lobby which helped me out in a pinch when my laptop broke right before my trip to Istanbul. The head of the hostel Paco is a really friendly guy who can help you with whatever you need.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Unbeatable location! Just a few steps to Blue Mosque ans Sophia.

We stayed in the beginning of january: 2 nights. The room was cold, heating was only one besides the wall. Doesnt have elevator. The bathroom was cold, and shower cabins are just aside the toilet rooms. The room we stayed and also breakfast terrace have very nice view to the seaside of Istanbul. Location was perfect: just 2 streets back from Sultahahmet mosque. Arasta bazaar , Sultanahmet tram station, Hagia Sofya, Shifa Hamam are very close to the hostel. Not provided the map.

Location is good if you want to experience the touristy side of Istanbul. Room was good, but door was always left open. Nice breakfast.

Staff were really friendly, great location!

• 31st Dec 2015

C'est une bonne auberge de jeunesse à prix imbattable. Le petit-déjeuner sur la terrace en haut avec une vue panaromatique est mon highlight personnel. Il ya tout ce qu'il faut pour bien préparer son séjour à Istanbul. A recommander!

• 31st Dec 2015

Good hostel. Is lacking a proper lounge area indoors - especially for winter. Staff friendly. Breakfast ok - not very fancy though.

There isn't a common room.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

We have a common room on the rooftop terrace, with a beautiful view of the Bosphorus and the Hagia Sophia. I am sorry you did not go upstairs to enjoy the common room which we do indeed have. Next time, try exploring the hostel.

Todo excelente. Al ir en temporada baja (fin de año) no hay algunos servicios, como el bar de la terraza, pero en general el hostal me ha gustado mucho, a 2min a pie de Santa Sofía, terraza agradable, buen ambiente. Como sugerencia recomendaría que modificarán los servicios incluidos, como el pago con tarjeta, que no es posible y aclarar antes de reservar el tema del acceso, pues no siempre es 24h. Por lo demás, ha sido un placer alojarme allí, y Paco fue muy amable y me ayudó con temas perso

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Wunderschöne zentrale Lage, d Mit dem Heizen auch Ende Dezember haben´s die Istanbuler nicht so, und das Restaurant unseres Hostels macht da keine Ausnahme. Zum Ausgleich gab es von abends bis in die Nacht ein prächtiges Kaminfeuer. Tja, und die Tür vom allgemeinen Flur zu Bad und Toiletten ließ sich nicht schließen. Sonst alles prima.

Excellent location.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. No complaints!

Very cold! The heater is not ON! The staff cheated me for the room fee. He gave a really bad conversion rate from Euro.

At first the staff in the hostel asked me for a 100% ratıng. But, i must gıve a fair review for all travellers. i have travelled much and compared one hostel to another. I dont know if its common to sleep very cold in Turkey or not, but the temperature was below 10 degress Celcıus everyday now&they turn on the heater from 10PM to 6AM only. Which really making us hard to sleep because it was too cold. Prıce is okay. Location is excellent. less than 5 mıns walk to hagıa sophıa.

Awsome location ,very good staff ,most attractions on 5 to 10 mnt walk , love this place

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Pakistan

My friend Paco has been helping me so much. I have been staying here for 3 nights and I was supposed to go sarajevo after that. Then my flight was cancelled and I returned to this hostel where my friend Paco greeted me even though it was already 1 and half hour past midnight. Highly recommended. And the location was superb. You can go anywhere in Istanbul from here. I'd surely come again.

• 20th Dec 2015