Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Mitarbeiter sind unfreundlich (Frühstückspersonal und Putzfrau). Außerdem hat uns ein Mitarbeiter an der Rezeption dreist angelogen und wollte uns nur einen Shuttletransfer zum Flughafen verkaufen statt uns über die deutlich günstigere und ebenfalls gute Verbindung mit Öffentlichen hinzuweisen.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Bathrooms were quite crowded and unclean. Sheets had stains on them in our room. The recommended Turkish bath was also an unpleasant experience (staff were unprofessional, service was not clearly explained).

el hostal tiene una ubicacion excelente, las habitaciones dobles son buenas y espaciosas, podrian ser mas baratas, pero bueno, la terracita con vistas a las mezquitas y al mar esta genial. el personal es muy buena onda y en la agencia de viaje que esta adjunta al hostal es mas barato que en otras agencias,

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Leider gab es keine Küche zur Selbstversorgung und auch kein "Wohnzimmer" oder sonst irgend ein gemütlicher Teil in dem man mal eine Stunde sitzen könnte. Die Dachterrasse war jedoch wunderbar mit Aussicht auf den Bosporus und die Hagia Sophia.

Location is perfect ! Staff are very friendly ! If I'm going to Istanbul ,I'll stay there again!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • China

Gostei muito do atendimento, limpeza e localização deste hostel!!!!!

• 12th Sep 2014

Felt this place wasn't as good as some reviews indicate - atmosphere was lacking when we were there and staff, while pleasant, didn't offer much info about the city in general. However, our dorm was comfortable and this hostel offers excellent value for Istanbul. Breakfast is pretty basic but still appreciated! If you are just looking for a bed in the heart of touristy Istanbul this hostel will do you fine, but if you want more of a backpacker experience then there may be better options!

I really enjoyed staying at Istanbul hostel. It's in such a great area in the city. However, the breakfast is a thing they could improve. Every morning you have to

• 10th Sep 2014

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but my single room was tidy clean and secure, especially for the price! The location is great! When I came back I stayed in the 21 room dorm, and again, it was fine for the price. Breakfast on the roof top is nice, and good spot for evening beers! They organised a great trip to Cappadocia for me and most things went smoothly with this. Overall -- Its nothing flash, but its clean, cheap and good location - great for a cheap backpackers!

Given the very good reviews for this place i expected a lot more. Sure the location is brilliant, and the staff is nice enough, but the facilities are dated and it is not as exceptionally over-friendly as you might expect. Nevertheless given its location though and price asked for it's a good deal.

Første gang jeg har bodd på et hostel, og jeg ble meget overrasket over standarene. Noen av jentene på rommet mitt sa at Istanbul Hostel var et av de bredre hostel de har bodd på. Personalet var vennlige og hjelpsomme, rommene og dusj/toalett var rent. Frokosten helt grei, et egg, ost, agurk, tomat, oliven og brød. Pulverkaffe. Stortsett det samme som jeg fikk på andre hotell på rundtur i Cappadocia.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Norway

Great location. Alright hostel.

It´s a great hostel in a top neighborhood. Including an atmospheric roofterrace and good rooms, it´s a really good place to stay. Only thing is, there was no locker in my dormitory room, but I was told that in other rooms they have it, so maybe ask for a different room if you like.

• 7th Sep 2014

It's was my second stay at Istanbul hostel and again I would book it without hesitation! Everything was perfect, staff was awesome as usual and you won't regret the view when having your nice breakfast on the terrace. 5 minutes walk from the blue mosque and arya Sophia, I definitly recommend it :-)

Sehr hilfsbereite Mitarbeiter!

I was treated disgustingly by a member of staff called Yousef. Avoid him at all costs. The rest of the staff were pleasant enough and apologised for his poor behaviour. He literally attacked me for no reason. Otherwise, the hostel was decent. The location is perhaps its best selling point.

Enjoyed my stay here while searching for a room, as I am going to study here for a semester. The staff was very friendly and even gave me the golden tip for finding a room.

• 4th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff was really frıendly. The bed was soft an perfect. Nıce breakfast and ıt was really clean. The roof top was amazıng. Next tıme I am ın Istanbul I wıll choose thıs hostel for sure.

• Norway

Well-located in Sultanahmet area, close to major attractions like Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque, and the tram to further out areas like Kabataş. I really enjoyed my stay here. Only issue I would point out is the lack of lockers in the rooms to store valuables. Otherwise great.

• 4th Sep 2014

Even though this hostel has almost zero security and the facilities are old and grubby I absolutely loved it here. The location is amazing and the day staff are super nice (some staff are a bit grumpy but I think they are sleep deprived). They could use a couple more fans and some repairs to the bathrooms but if you plan on sightseeing and not hanging out in the hostel then this place is perfect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7