Istanbul Hostel Reviews

35 Kutlu Gun Sokak, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

It was a really good location, very close to a lot of the tourist attractions. The staff was friendly, but you should do your research on places to go and not just blindly follow their advice. I did not enjoy the bath house they sent us to and there are plenty in the same price range that are much nicer.

• 8th Apr 2014

Very friendly and funny staff (think quiet, grim looking but sarcastic and funny). Location is very close to the main tourist attractions, hard to meet people though, with no real common room and no kitchen. Not ideal if you're looking to live with the locals but very clean. Suits some but I'd probably stay at Taksim next time.

Very helpful and friendly staff with a great location, right In the centre. Nice breakfast too!

• 7th Apr 2014

Helpful staff.well located for the major tourist sites and transport. Large occupancy dorms in a large airy room with ventilation.Roof terrace nice breakfast good they even allowed me to have breakfast on my early morning check in. Bunk beds need more height between them

la colazione dovrebbe essere un po' piu' varia, e' molto povera, solo un piatto unico, nessuna possibilità di scelta

The location is just fantastic, you can see Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque tops from the terrace. Amazing. Staff friendly, chatty with a nice sense of humor :) Breakfast included, nothing special but appreciated. Hostel was really really clean. Can only recommend.

I have been at many hostels, and Istanbul hostel is one of the best. I will stay there at my next trip to Istanbul for sure.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Nice Hostel, great staff. really close to sights like Ayasofia and Sultanahmed Mosque. Free breakfast every morning. best value or money in Istanbul ithink!

The staff was accomodating and the hostel was a short, walkable distance to many of the major sights, really the perfect location. Comfortable, very clean rooms. Great place!

Istanbul hostel was in the perfect location to view all of the sights of Sultanahmet, the hostel was clean, comfortable and the wifi was good. Definitely good value for money. Paco went out of his way to help us get from the airport to the hostel and overall we had a great stay. Only thing missing was a common room to socialise with other backpackers however there was a cool cafe next door and a restaurant upstairs.

Tres heureux de ce sejour chez istanbul, bien place avec une equipe tres acceuillante, merci...

Good, cheap

Room was really bad, breakfast sucks, employees were not kind, toilet was really dirty, never cleaned, choked with poop, shower room was bad.

Everything seems good to me excepting I saw nothing to charge my phone and camera in the second time I stayed here. It would be the best if the hostel add one charge plug for each bed and we dont have to wait and move around to charge devices. I think this point is very important. But I feel very relaxing overall.

Nang. (Really gr8 - loved it).

• 31st Mar 2014

I stayed four nights and enjoyed Istanbul. The hostel was clean and personable if a little crowded. But that lead to some pleasant exchanges with other guests. Would definitely stay here again.

Paco (the host) is really helpful and great to talk to!

Super hostel, wir hatten ein zweier zimmer bei dem man sich nur mit einem weiteren zimmer das bad teilen musste. Frühstück war etwas mau, aber die Dachterrasse sehr schön. Ich würde das hostel meinen Freunden empfehlen!

• 29th Mar 2014

Istanbul Hostel's location is great! It's right behind the Blue Mosque. The rooms, bathroom, and kitchen were clean. I was able to meet some cool people at the hostel as well. But, the atmosphere in general was average. I was concerned about security because even though the front desk was staffed almost 24/7, many people from my room did not lock our room's door when they left the room. Istanbul Hostel should enforce that. Also, they need to improve their breakfast. Options are very limited.

Tremendously enjoyed my stay at Istanbul Hostel. Besides having a convenient location(close to attractions-Blue mosque, Aya Sofia, Topikapi palace, Cistern) it was great value for money(breakfast, cleanliness etc). IH stands out because of it's helpful/professional staff, particularly Paco. He's a great host, friendly, patient and resourceful with all kinds of information for a tourist. It's a place I'd recommend and return to whenever I visit.

• 28th Mar 2014