Istiklal Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu cad no 70, Sultanahmet/Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel has a perfect location! You can walk from there to the main attractions of the old city. The room was clean, lot of space and a good bed. And the staff is great, they are very helpful and happy to host you. Thank you guys!

The reception and breakfast area on the roof is cosy an has some view on at least one minarett. Most rooms seem to be in one or more other houses without views: We booked a room for 3 and got a room with 6 beds. The only point was, that the room also served as storage room for excess furniture and matresses. There was no tap water for a time, the same as earlier commenters mentioned. For us it was OK for just 1 night, for a longer stay I would insist on a room without that storage room style

• 29th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

This hostel is in the central of old city with 2min-walk to Sultanahmet Tram Station. It's especially important for a woman who traveled solely. The owner and staffs of Istiklal hostel were extremely friendly and made me feel like home when stay there. I rarely stay in the same place when traveling. However, I spent four nights here simply considering of their hospitality.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed here recently, found the staff friendly. Easy to meet fellow travellers - I ended up staying at Istiklal a second time on my trip! Excellent location.

NICE owner&staff, perfect localisation.

The staff was nice and willing to help, very friendly! Perfect location, you can see Aya Sofia directly from terrace!

Great and very friendly atmosphere, location is perfect, just hundred meters from historical buildings like Haghia Sofia and Topkapi Palace. The staff was very friendly.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Friendly staff, a nice terrace view and warm and clean rooms

Excellent place to stay to see the city, the hostel is made by the 2 lads that work there, really nice and helpful chaps and will take extra time to point you in the direction, share a Turkish tea and be as helpful as possible they were just excellent. Would 100% recommend. Andrew (London, England)

• 20th Sep 2014

I love istanbul because of this hostel ^^!! It has a fantastic location which is just next to starbucks in sultanahmet so you don't need to lose your way. and the staffs are really helpful! I was like at home^^ actually, i stayed this hotel for 4nights and visited again for my last night in Turkey. and next time i definitely will stay istiklal hostel again ^^!!! I miss everything ! Istiklal hostel, lovely friends, blue mosque..

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

very helpful staff, great atmosphere, terrace with amazing views, good breakfast, great location

Difficult to find. I'd asked for airport transfer and there was no one to pick me up. When I got there could not find anyone, no sign to night reception at the top of the building. Was given a room in a third floor flat 10 minute walk away (when I was meant to be in 4 bed dorm) DID NOT FEEL SAFE. Room and bathroom were old and grotty. The door code didn't work. Would not recommend.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

clean and confortable Conveniently located in the heart of the touristic area Nice staff but VERY poor organization

• 17th Aug 2014

Staff were extremely welcoming, kind and helpful. Fantastic location- walking distance to all major tourist sites. Felt very comfortable staying there as a solo female travelling.

• 12th Aug 2014

My reservation was lost, but I was immediately accommodated and the staff apologized and made sure I kept the early booking rate that I had reserved at. Actually, the staff seemed a bit scattered about reservations on most days, but always seemed to find space. There was a bit of a drainage problem with the shower, but it was being fixed, and otherwise the rooms were spotlessly cleaned every day. Breakfast was good and the location couldn't be better! Overall a great place to stay!

The hostel is perfectly located, near to the most important places in Istanbul. The staff is frienfly and they help you with everything you need!

Great location,friendly sttaff

The only facility that is missing is cooking facility, but who needs to cook, the streets are lined with cheap eating places.

I am unhappy with the hostel and I am not recommending it to anyone. First, I could not connect to WiFi by my laptop from my room. Second, Despite I payed 54 euros for taxi from and back to the airport, on my way back, taxi first didn't show up and after the owner called for another taxi and I was taken to the airport, the driver insisted that I pay him another 40 lira. I regret I didn't simply take the metro.

This place is amazing! The location could not be better, the people are so nice, breakfast is really good, I can keep going. You guys are doing a good job, so keep it up! If we ever return to Istanbul, we will definitely stay here again! :)