Istiklal Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu cad no 70, Sultanahmet/Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey

super confi beds))))) and colors of rooms..

Perfect location!!!!!!!!!! 2 minutes to hagi Sophia, 2 mins to tram stop, easy to find, unlike other Istanbul hostels), clean and cozy dorm with ensuite bathroom, nice rooftop terrace were you can relax and drink tea, also good breakfast. There you can get a lot of info about everything you need, buy an Istanbul card and book a shuttle to both of airports. But the main advantage was stuff , they were my friends and my family! So friendly, cheerful and helpful.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Turkey

This Hostels is the most perfect hostel I have been. Lately I have been stay at 4 to 5 star hotel.But Since I went to Istabul alone I decided to stay at a hostel to meet new people.Was the best decision ever, I saved money,made a lot new friends and I stay at a very well located hostel and cozy, the 6 bed room dorms for female are the cutest ever. Thank you Istikla Team for my wonderful stay in Istanbul..I coming back soon.

• 9th Dec 2014

This hostel has a perfect location! You can walk from there to the main attractions of the old city. The room was clean, lot of space and a good bed. And the staff is great, they are very helpful and happy to host you. Thank you guys!

The reception and breakfast area on the roof is cosy an has some view on at least one minarett. Most rooms seem to be in one or more other houses without views: We booked a room for 3 and got a room with 6 beds. The only point was, that the room also served as storage room for excess furniture and matresses. There was no tap water for a time, the same as earlier commenters mentioned. For us it was OK for just 1 night, for a longer stay I would insist on a room without that storage room style

• 29th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

This hostel is in the central of old city with 2min-walk to Sultanahmet Tram Station. It's especially important for a woman who traveled solely. The owner and staffs of Istiklal hostel were extremely friendly and made me feel like home when stay there. I rarely stay in the same place when traveling. However, I spent four nights here simply considering of their hospitality.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed here recently, found the staff friendly. Easy to meet fellow travellers - I ended up staying at Istiklal a second time on my trip! Excellent location.

NICE owner&staff, perfect localisation.

The staff was nice and willing to help, very friendly! Perfect location, you can see Aya Sofia directly from terrace!

Great and very friendly atmosphere, location is perfect, just hundred meters from historical buildings like Haghia Sofia and Topkapi Palace. The staff was very friendly.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Friendly staff, a nice terrace view and warm and clean rooms

Excellent place to stay to see the city, the hostel is made by the 2 lads that work there, really nice and helpful chaps and will take extra time to point you in the direction, share a Turkish tea and be as helpful as possible they were just excellent. Would 100% recommend. Andrew (London, England)

• 20th Sep 2014

I love istanbul because of this hostel ^^!! It has a fantastic location which is just next to starbucks in sultanahmet so you don't need to lose your way. and the staffs are really helpful! I was like at home^^ actually, i stayed this hotel for 4nights and visited again for my last night in Turkey. and next time i definitely will stay istiklal hostel again ^^!!! I miss everything ! Istiklal hostel, lovely friends, blue mosque..

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

very helpful staff, great atmosphere, terrace with amazing views, good breakfast, great location

Difficult to find. I'd asked for airport transfer and there was no one to pick me up. When I got there could not find anyone, no sign to night reception at the top of the building. Was given a room in a third floor flat 10 minute walk away (when I was meant to be in 4 bed dorm) DID NOT FEEL SAFE. Room and bathroom were old and grotty. The door code didn't work. Would not recommend.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

clean and confortable Conveniently located in the heart of the touristic area Nice staff but VERY poor organization

• 17th Aug 2014

Staff were extremely welcoming, kind and helpful. Fantastic location- walking distance to all major tourist sites. Felt very comfortable staying there as a solo female travelling.

• 12th Aug 2014

My reservation was lost, but I was immediately accommodated and the staff apologized and made sure I kept the early booking rate that I had reserved at. Actually, the staff seemed a bit scattered about reservations on most days, but always seemed to find space. There was a bit of a drainage problem with the shower, but it was being fixed, and otherwise the rooms were spotlessly cleaned every day. Breakfast was good and the location couldn't be better! Overall a great place to stay!

The hostel is perfectly located, near to the most important places in Istanbul. The staff is frienfly and they help you with everything you need!