Istiklal Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu cad no 70, Sultanahmet/Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey

loved the super friendly and helpfull staff, especially the owner of the place is a really nice guy! Great hostel! Perfect location, in the heart of Sultanahmet (the roof terrace has a view on the Blue M osque grandbazzar basilica cistern...whenever i came and asked for help or tips on dining or shopping, they helped me out and gave good recomondations. the athmosphere at the terrace and the wiev is perfect..they have 2 different wi.fi free you use both also in rooms recomended all see you soon

• 25th May 2015

Decent hostel, great location, but there are better places in Istanbul. The rooftop bar doesn't have the atmosphere or views of other hostels in Istanbul (eg Bahaus Hostel), the breakfast is poor (bread, eggs and olives - no meat or cheese) but worst of all the WiFi doesn't work properly! Nearly every time I tried to load a webpage I got redirected to advertising sites / malware, so I was unable to do anything online. The staff said they'd had this issue for 9 months but couldn't fix it!!!

• 24th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Friendly and helpful staff, nice room, cheap price, open 24 hours.

• 22nd May 2015

Very Good Location & Staff, next time we wiill come back again.

• 21st May 2015
  • Thailand

What an amazing place!!! We stayed three nights and wish we could of stayed more. The best hostel we have ever stayed in. Staff so friendly and helpful.Breakfast is also really good!

• 21st May 2015

Good price, friendly staff

• 20th May 2015
  • Belgium

We had an amazing time at Istiklal. It's rooftop bar becomes a lively hub in the evening. It's location is excellent and is within easy walking distance of many top sites, like the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya and the Grand Bazar and has good tram links. The staff are very friendly and hospitable, Furkan had his work cut out teaching backgammon to my friend and I. I will be coming back to Istiklal in the future to enjoy even more of what Istanbul has to offer, and for a rematch!

Very nice place, lots of things to do, staff is friendly and great fun to talk to. Very sociable atmoshpere, we met so many people to share the good times. Best hostel I've ever been in. Definitely recommended!

Great, modern and well organized. The receptionist are friendly and very helpful, the travel information they provide is very useful and the rooms and bathrooms are very clean. It's a great deal for what you pay. Would absolutely recommend it.

• 9th May 2015

I really enjoyed staying at Istaklal!! It's right by the big sights, you can see the minarets of the Blue Mosque from the terrace. The breakfast is pretty good, and the rooms are nice. It has a nice atmosphere, I met a lot of friendly people. Most importantly the staff is wonderful!! They are super welcoming. They take the time to ask how you are and get to know you. Thank you so much Istaklal!!

What a lovely place, right in the sultanhament tram station in which the heart of old town! Everything in here is fantastic, especially for the staff, Furkan. He is so passionate and easygoing, providing me a lots of useful information. Besides, the terrace is the main reason that definitely recommend to stay here, so perfectly amazing! Can't wait to go back here!

Good hostel, although the double rooms were not in the main building so I can't comment on the atmosphere of the hostel. Overall though the staff were friendly and the view from the roof was great.

It was my second stay at Istiklal Hostel this year and I'd stay again. Everyone is kind, bedrooms are comfortable, and you are really near all the main sights of Istanbul's West side. Wi-fi does work best when you're close to the reception though.

Location was perfect.Friendly atmosphere.. I felt in my home.Thnx 4 hosting guys !

• 5th Apr 2015

Overall, a really good experience. They don't tell you though that there are actually several buildings, so we were in the newest addition about five minutes from the main building where reception and breakfast are. It was in a sketchy looking building but the floor the hostel was on was beautiful and clean- up a lot of stairs though! Staff was interested in feedback. Location can't be beat, even away from the main building- that itself was worth the stay!

Best hostel ever I've stayed... Location was perfect and rooms are very clean.

The hostel is good, the staff very friedly, the location perfect, but the rooms do have black mold and thats not nice... beside this fact the rest is perfect

Great location 2 min walking for every sıghtseeing parts of istanbul.good wifi and very clean bathrooms.the staff was very helpfull for all your needs.Thank you Furkan for all the great advices.

best locationn)))))) super friendlyy stafff especiallyy furkan...dorm was soo clean compfortablee and the breakfast at the terrace especiaally sunny days with hagia sophia wiev superb...

• 25th Mar 2015

I only have the highest praise for the hostel staff, the guys in reception and the girls doing the breakfast are unbelievably kind, fun, easy-going but hard-working and super helpful at the same time. The location and the facilities of the hostel are great, the one major drawback was that the secondary building I stayed at had over 20 guests and only one bathroom - there was a huge group booked in that would occupy the bathroom every morning for 2 hours solid!