Istiklal Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu cad no 70, Sultanahmet/Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey

Good hostel, although the double rooms were not in the main building so I can't comment on the atmosphere of the hostel. Overall though the staff were friendly and the view from the roof was great.

It was my second stay at Istiklal Hostel this year and I'd stay again. Everyone is kind, bedrooms are comfortable, and you are really near all the main sights of Istanbul's West side. Wi-fi does work best when you're close to the reception though.

Location was perfect.Friendly atmosphere.. I felt in my home.Thnx 4 hosting guys !

• 5th Apr 2015

Best hostel ever I've stayed... Location was perfect and rooms are very clean.

The hostel is good, the staff very friedly, the location perfect, but the rooms do have black mold and thats not nice... beside this fact the rest is perfect

Great location 2 min walking for every sıghtseeing parts of istanbul.good wifi and very clean bathrooms.the staff was very helpfull for all your needs.Thank you Furkan for all the great advices.

best locationn)))))) super friendlyy stafff especiallyy furkan...dorm was soo clean compfortablee and the breakfast at the terrace especiaally sunny days with hagia sophia wiev superb...

• 25th Mar 2015

I only have the highest praise for the hostel staff, the guys in reception and the girls doing the breakfast are unbelievably kind, fun, easy-going but hard-working and super helpful at the same time. The location and the facilities of the hostel are great, the one major drawback was that the secondary building I stayed at had over 20 guests and only one bathroom - there was a huge group booked in that would occupy the bathroom every morning for 2 hours solid!

It was undoubtedly an amazing experience staying in this hostel. Although the entrance and the tight staircase and reception at the terrace might be a little uninviting at first, but everything goes away when you step into the rooms. They were pretty well managed. We got clean bed-sheets and pillow covers. All of the staffs, especially Furqan was very helpful. The hostel was within walking distance from the main attractions. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

I had a great stay at the Istiklal Hostel. The staff and everyone I met there were very helpful and fun to talk to. It has been one of my favorite hostels I have ever stayed at and will be sure to book with them again next time in Istanbul.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • American Samoa

When I arrived, the female dorm that I had reserved was overbooked, so I received a free upgrade to a private room. That was much appreciated! It was quiet. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was nice. On the downside, the shared bathroom was always a bit flooded from the shower and not very clean. (Maybe this is due to the other people staying there more than the cleaning staff?) The reception was at the very top of a spiral staircase that was difficult to navigate with my luggage.

Really nice hostel,nice staff,good location,stay in private 3 bed room,located in other building but still good location and facilities,near to tourist attractions,near mosque,have balcony,only problem with heating system not function adequately.but still ok.highly recommended.

Great place to stay! It is less than a 5 minute walk to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Staff was great and the breakfast was delicious. Overall A !

I really enjoyed this hostel. The location was perfect. The common area was brilliant where strangers became friends. I highly recommend this hostel. Not for the faint hearted if u don't like climbing stairs. 5 floors to the terrace which contains the reception. Can be a little confusing with no signs but keep climbing and you'll get there.

super confi beds))))) and colors of rooms..

Perfect location!!!!!!!!!! 2 minutes to hagi Sophia, 2 mins to tram stop, easy to find, unlike other Istanbul hostels), clean and cozy dorm with ensuite bathroom, nice rooftop terrace were you can relax and drink tea, also good breakfast. There you can get a lot of info about everything you need, buy an Istanbul card and book a shuttle to both of airports. But the main advantage was stuff , they were my friends and my family! So friendly, cheerful and helpful.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Turkey

This Hostels is the most perfect hostel I have been. Lately I have been stay at 4 to 5 star hotel.But Since I went to Istabul alone I decided to stay at a hostel to meet new people.Was the best decision ever, I saved money,made a lot new friends and I stay at a very well located hostel and cozy, the 6 bed room dorms for female are the cutest ever. Thank you Istikla Team for my wonderful stay in Istanbul..I coming back soon.

• 9th Dec 2014

This hostel has a perfect location! You can walk from there to the main attractions of the old city. The room was clean, lot of space and a good bed. And the staff is great, they are very helpful and happy to host you. Thank you guys!

The reception and breakfast area on the roof is cosy an has some view on at least one minarett. Most rooms seem to be in one or more other houses without views: We booked a room for 3 and got a room with 6 beds. The only point was, that the room also served as storage room for excess furniture and matresses. There was no tap water for a time, the same as earlier commenters mentioned. For us it was OK for just 1 night, for a longer stay I would insist on a room without that storage room style

• 29th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

This hostel is in the central of old city with 2min-walk to Sultanahmet Tram Station. It's especially important for a woman who traveled solely. The owner and staffs of Istiklal hostel were extremely friendly and made me feel like home when stay there. I rarely stay in the same place when traveling. However, I spent four nights here simply considering of their hospitality.

• 6th Nov 2014