Istiklal Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu cad no 70, Sultanahmet/Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey

very helpful staff, great atmosphere, terrace with amazing views, good breakfast, great location

Difficult to find. I'd asked for airport transfer and there was no one to pick me up. When I got there could not find anyone, no sign to night reception at the top of the building. Was given a room in a third floor flat 10 minute walk away (when I was meant to be in 4 bed dorm) DID NOT FEEL SAFE. Room and bathroom were old and grotty. The door code didn't work. Would not recommend.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

clean and confortable Conveniently located in the heart of the touristic area Nice staff but VERY poor organization

• 17th Aug 2014

Staff were extremely welcoming, kind and helpful. Fantastic location- walking distance to all major tourist sites. Felt very comfortable staying there as a solo female travelling.

• 12th Aug 2014

My reservation was lost, but I was immediately accommodated and the staff apologized and made sure I kept the early booking rate that I had reserved at. Actually, the staff seemed a bit scattered about reservations on most days, but always seemed to find space. There was a bit of a drainage problem with the shower, but it was being fixed, and otherwise the rooms were spotlessly cleaned every day. Breakfast was good and the location couldn't be better! Overall a great place to stay!

The hostel is perfectly located, near to the most important places in Istanbul. The staff is frienfly and they help you with everything you need!

Great location,friendly sttaff

The only facility that is missing is cooking facility, but who needs to cook, the streets are lined with cheap eating places.

I am unhappy with the hostel and I am not recommending it to anyone. First, I could not connect to WiFi by my laptop from my room. Second, Despite I payed 54 euros for taxi from and back to the airport, on my way back, taxi first didn't show up and after the owner called for another taxi and I was taken to the airport, the driver insisted that I pay him another 40 lira. I regret I didn't simply take the metro.

This place is amazing! The location could not be better, the people are so nice, breakfast is really good, I can keep going. You guys are doing a good job, so keep it up! If we ever return to Istanbul, we will definitely stay here again! :)

I would like to thank you very much especially the owner as he was so kind and willing to help and make sure that you are happy during your stay . It was clean, nice terrace and good service..

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel is really well located (less that 5mts walk to the main attractions in the old town). The owner is a really nice guy and very gentle. But my friend and me had some issues that made our days there kind of uncomfortable: 1. we paid a 4 bedroom place and As soon as we arrived, we were offered a 7 bedroom because the one we booked was in another building. He told us that actually the 7 bedroom as more expensive for being more comfortable. We were tired and we accepted but we soon discove

very nice and friendly people both staff and manager, still need an improvement for the wi-fi facility in the other hostel building (not reaching inside the room)

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

excellent location, clean beds, good staff. I will definitely choose Istiklal Hostel again when I go to Istanbul again!

Best hostel ever! The host are so nice! We watched the World Cup in the living room. So nice atmosphere and great humor from the host!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

I had a superb experience in the hostel, the owner and his team of workers were splendid in their customer service. Friendly, helpful, and genuine. Lockers were available and the room was always clean. The staff were prompt in cleaning any mess. Highly recommend. Ps: apart the 7 storey climb during your check in, everything else was perfect!

I was with family there for one week it was great place with friendly staff ,location was the best . I really liked the place maybe next year i will come again to the same hostel . I want to thank all of u for great service :). Mashed jeena

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Finland

No cleaning/new sheets/towels for 4 days Payment by card was specified on the page of the hostel (and in the confirmation email as well) but manager didn't accept it, we had to withdraw money from ATM, was an unnecessary burden. Was expecting more helpfulness and friendliness. A baggage locker would be nice at the bottom of the house so we didn't need to take the luggages up 4 floors..

If I'm going back to Istanbul, I'm sure gonna stay here again :)

Amazing location, staff, everything. They change the sheets and provides new towel everyday! It's almost like a hotel. Only thing to know is that you have to walk all the way up to the top floor to check in.