Istiklal Hostel

Fabulous 852 Total Reviews

• Costa Rica, Male, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017
5.1

After one night there they moved me to another hostel (Castle hosltel) because they had everything booked. The staff was rude and didn't help me much when I asked them about information. The level of English of the staff is very low which complicated the communication. The breakfast was ok considering the price. I wouldn't recommend or stay there again.

• Serbia, Male, 31-40
27th Jul 2017

Me and my wife were staying at this hostel for a couple of days. The host at the reception was great guy, very helpful and taking care of everything. good breakfast at the terrace on the rooftop of the building with a nice view. We booked a private room, very big one. We had some short issues with cold water, but our host, reception guy resolved it in a very professional way. We would recommend this hostel to anyone, since also it is on a great spot, close to the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya...

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
2.9

Hands down the worst experience in terms of accommodation. I ever had and I'm a God Dan hippy I don't mind mosWe reserved a paid for our first night but experienced delays with our bus from Greece. We knew we would not make It for our 9 pm check-in. We emailed twice to notify them that we would arrive early next morning and to keep the room and we didn't mind paying for the night anyway. Long Story short they resold our room. And the receptionist couldn't of cared less. Terrible service

6th Jul 2017

My wife and I liked this hostel a lot. The breakfast is very healthy and there is tea 24/7. The staff is friendly and the hostel is centrally located. The bathroom does stink a little but that is the drainage system you will find all over Istanbul. I don't think there is anything the hostel could do about that. I would most definitely stay here again.

• khoff026
  • South Africa, Female, 25-30
6th Jul 2017

A great hostel to stay in. Perfect location (just a little difficult to find on arrival), and within walking distance of all main attractions. Lovely breakfast each morning with turkish tea always available.

• Finland, Mixed Group, 18-24
30th May 2017

Istiklal hostel we been there very clean room and beds and verygood breakfast)))

26th May 2017

I think cleanliness and lack of facilities are major problem in this hostel. I was staying in the 10 mixed dorm room and it was dusty and dirty, with lots of left over belongings under the bed. Staff are lovely but they never reply my emails to clear my queries. The flushing system was weak at the top floor so you need to flush it several times. There was no plugs beside my bed which was inconvenient. Location is great but it could be a bit noisy because of the tram along Sultanahmet Street.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
25th May 2017

This is hands down the absolute best hostel I have ever stayed in. From the moment you arrive the staff treat you like family, some of the kindest people I have ever met.They made my time in Istanbul an absolute pleasure. The location is incredible and the facilities are top notch, clean and comfortable. Such great value for money, I cannot recommend this place enough. If you are in Istanbul you MUST STAY HERE..

• Georgia, Couple, 18-24
24th May 2017

super clean hostel and super friendly owner dodo, he helped us so much thank you so much dodo.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
24th May 2017

extreamly clean hostel.we only stay one night there so clean and smell o perfect room..