Istiklal Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu cad no 70, Sultanahmet/Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey

Best hostel I stayed at in Turkey and made a great first impression when I got to Istanbul. Terrace is lovely and comfy and breakfast is good and simple. Felt very home-y here. Tram line right outside the door, not to mention that at least 4 of Istanbul's biggest attractions are less than 5 minutes away on foot. Thanks Dodo!

The private room are located 8min away from the hostel!!!!!! it's not close to the blue mosquee.

- We were a couple and they put us in a 4-person bedroom (one double bed + 2 individual beds) - The double bed was so bad and so dirty that my girlfriend and I had to sleep in the individual beds. That is a total shame when you go on holiday with your partner - We couldn't reach the wifi connection all the time - The bathroom was very dirty. - The reception girl was absent most of the time so you can't get any advice.. She doesn't speak english at all - The breakfast is at another place..

I LOVED THIS HOSTEL!! located perfectly, right neat all the main sites and right on the tram line at Sultanahmet station. Don is brilliant and can't do enough to help you. I will go back here every stay in Istanbul.

Easily one of the greatest hostels I have ever stayed in! Our welcome into the hostel was friendly and warm and the service immpecable. There is a bit of hike up some stairs to get to the main part of the hostel, but the view from the terrace is worth it! If you have a large suitcase, plenty of help is offered to carry it up. We were literally a 2 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and the Haiga Sofia and the Sultanahmet tram stop which will take you all over the city.

We booked a private room and ended up in a totally different hotel with average facilities. We had booked with this hostel twice and ended up in another totally different hostel on our second trip back to Istanbul. It was average in this regard however all three hostels were in a great location, they were clean and the staff are really friendly

The atmosphere at the hostel has to be one of the best ones I've experienced so far. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and social, and because the hostel is on the smaller side, everyone got to know each other and go out to dinner. The location of the hostel is also perfect. It's literally only a few minutes walk to the most famous attractions. The staff also keep the hostel very clean and tidy, and they even make the beds every morning. The free breakfast was lovely too.

• 17th Apr 2014

After reading the reviews posted by other guests, I was looking forward to staying at Istikal Hostel however expect to be surprised! Although the hostel's location was good, I didn't appreciate having to lug my suitcase up many steps of which felt like it was never ending! Once we arrived, we had to wait up to 20 minutes for the hostel owner to arrive. It certainly wasn't a warm welcome either. If you are thinking of booking here and you have another option in mind- book the other option!

Great hostel. Really great atmosphere, people there are really friendly. And the host is very helpfull, his recomendations were very good. He suggested us some great tours and great restaurants.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Location,terrace beds in the room very compfortable..also nice decoration.. staff and breakfast time in mornings. they haelp me about all my tours and restaurants all were great..I have stayed in different places in İstanbul and I can say Istiklal is the best ..

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Host was welcome and really helpful with planning sightseeing. And the location was super handy.

Dogan and his team were just fantastic! They were so friendly and accommodating to all of our needs. It was the perfect way to relax for a few days after a hectic trip around Turkey. My only regret is that we didnt stay with them on our earlier trip to Istanbul as well. I'll definitely be back though! Thank you again!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

Great and very friendly atmosphere, location is perfect, just hundred meters from historical buildings like Haghia Sofia and Topkapi Palace. The staff was very friendly. And the terrace has an amazing view.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

- Small room and old facility - No window

istiklal hostel is the best of best in Istanbul!! I stayed one week here, dodo showed me around the area, and took us for dinner, also went to the bazzar with us!! reception was a good person to talk with, always helpfull i. cleaner the lovely lady always keep the room clean and offer people breakfest and tea!!!! I love everybody in this hoste ı recomend to everone will come and stay here againl!!!!!

Perfect location very clean, friendly staff. Beautifull terrace

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Everything was perfect, except that in four days we never had hot water for shower, and beds were very bad, we couldn't get a good sleep and rest during our stay.

• 20th Mar 2014