Istiklal Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu cad no 70, Sultanahmet/Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey

Location,terrace beds in the room very compfortable..also nice decoration.. staff and breakfast time in mornings. they haelp me about all my tours and restaurants all were great..I have stayed in different places in İstanbul and I can say Istiklal is the best ..

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Host was welcome and really helpful with planning sightseeing. And the location was super handy.

Dogan and his team were just fantastic! They were so friendly and accommodating to all of our needs. It was the perfect way to relax for a few days after a hectic trip around Turkey. My only regret is that we didnt stay with them on our earlier trip to Istanbul as well. I'll definitely be back though! Thank you again!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

Great and very friendly atmosphere, location is perfect, just hundred meters from historical buildings like Haghia Sofia and Topkapi Palace. The staff was very friendly. And the terrace has an amazing view.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

- Small room and old facility - No window

istiklal hostel is the best of best in Istanbul!! I stayed one week here, dodo showed me around the area, and took us for dinner, also went to the bazzar with us!! reception was a good person to talk with, always helpfull i. cleaner the lovely lady always keep the room clean and offer people breakfest and tea!!!! I love everybody in this hoste ı recomend to everone will come and stay here againl!!!!!

Perfect location very clean, friendly staff. Beautifull terrace

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Everything was perfect, except that in four days we never had hot water for shower, and beds were very bad, we couldn't get a good sleep and rest during our stay.

• 20th Mar 2014

Except for the 5 storey climb to the main reception this is a hostel with great location, fantastic host, Dugan - hope I spelt the name right :P and awesome breakfast. Its ideal for a backpacker or a group of friends. Dugan was a great guy, very helpful and understanding. Ask him and he tells you what you wanna know :) There is shops, food, tramway and everything close by..even the must see mosques and palace is just minutes away.

Location is perfect, just at Sultanameht for the Blue Mosquee, Aya Sofia and Topkapi. Staff is really nice and helpful, great breakfast, good beds. Too bad there's only one shower by room. Internet is working well in all building. The atmosphere is great with the roof top bar

Best location in Istanbul and a delicious free breakfast. The deck area was lovely. The lack of facilities was an issue- no kitchen and only 1 bathroom and shower (combined) for 10 people. There was an extra toilet in the common area but it didn't have a toilet seat. Also, having a bed 1 metre from the bathroom door in the dorm room made things pretty awkward. 1 staff member brought new guests into the room at 1am, switched on all the lights and talked loudly despite 8 people being asleep

I can't understand why this hostel has such a high mark. It's one of the worst I've ever been. The position is good, but the reception is on the top floor (5th or 6th, I can't remember), it's quite dirty, our room has a bathroom but it's small - so we always have to wait - and very dirty. The worst part is: it's March and we are given only a miserable, thin blanket. No wonder we caught cold soon after

• 5th Mar 2014
  • China

Very nice staff, friendly, top location.

Wonderful and welcoming staff, fantastic location, and amazing breakfasts, a perfect first hostel experience for me! Although there weren't enough lockers in the dorm room and the bathroom wasn't always 100% clean, the atmosphere and people at this hostel definitely made up for it. I would absolutely recommend it!

• 3rd Mar 2014

For a hostel this was wonderful. The description for the room with a "Turkish bath" was a little misleading, unless we got the wrong room. Would have gone with the less expensive one if we knew that the turkish bath was just a shower. But everything worked well, the internet was good, we had hot water, the recommendations for food by the staff was the best food we had on our entire trip! The hostel was very secure, the included breakfast was yummy, the heater in the room worked well.

• 26th Feb 2014

Amazing location, brilliant staff! Had an absolutely fantastic time here, couldn't fault it! Genuinely one of the best places I've been. And the trek up the seemingly never ending stairs is totally worth it!

Great Location! Love the staff! Would stay again!

I had a great time staying here! Met some really cool roomies here and the staff is really nice and helpfull!! Defs would recommend it!

• 26th Jan 2014