Istiklal Hostel Reviews

Divanyolu cad no 70, Sultanahmet/Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey

super confi beds))))) and colors of rooms..

Perfect location!!!!!!!!!! 2 minutes to hagi Sophia, 2 mins to tram stop, easy to find, unlike other Istanbul hostels), clean and cozy dorm with ensuite bathroom, nice rooftop terrace were you can relax and drink tea, also good breakfast. There you can get a lot of info about everything you need, buy an Istanbul card and book a shuttle to both of airports. But the main advantage was stuff , they were my friends and my family! So friendly, cheerful and helpful.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Turkey

This Hostels is the most perfect hostel I have been. Lately I have been stay at 4 to 5 star hotel.But Since I went to Istabul alone I decided to stay at a hostel to meet new people.Was the best decision ever, I saved money,made a lot new friends and I stay at a very well located hostel and cozy, the 6 bed room dorms for female are the cutest ever. Thank you Istikla Team for my wonderful stay in Istanbul..I coming back soon.

• 9th Dec 2014

This hostel has a perfect location! You can walk from there to the main attractions of the old city. The room was clean, lot of space and a good bed. And the staff is great, they are very helpful and happy to host you. Thank you guys!

The reception and breakfast area on the roof is cosy an has some view on at least one minarett. Most rooms seem to be in one or more other houses without views: We booked a room for 3 and got a room with 6 beds. The only point was, that the room also served as storage room for excess furniture and matresses. There was no tap water for a time, the same as earlier commenters mentioned. For us it was OK for just 1 night, for a longer stay I would insist on a room without that storage room style

• 29th Nov 2014