Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

I loved this hostel! The location is amazing, right in the middle of the gothic quarter and steps from the cathedral. Rooms were tidy and bathrooms clean. Staff was very helpful as well! I would definitely stay again when I'm in Barcelona next!

Absolutely fantastic stay! They gave us a private room in a flat that had a living room, kitchen, a full bathroom, and another half bath. The room itself (a 4 person) was huge. The location was right next to the Barcelona Cathedral, so a great place to be, and very close to the coast and multiple metro lines. I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Barcelona, and would suggest the hostel to all of my friends.

• 16th Feb 2015

Ohhh Thanks so much for taking your time to leave a review!! That's awesome. We created the Beates apartment with all our love. It have everything you need and more. We like to know you enjoyed Barcelona with us. We hope to see you back. Cheers!

Smaller than expected. Very quiet not a place for partiers. Got yelled at for being too loud. But it was a great location and good atmosphere with a nice kitchen. Under construction which I didn't really like. The staff were helpful and answered all our questions

• 13th Feb 2015

We enjoyed the hostel very much. The location was perfect and the staff was extremely helpful. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Thanks so much! We are in the city centre, where everything happens. We enjoyed too with your stay. We wish you come back soon.

Wonderfully warm staff, adorable and quiet accommodation, perfect for some well-needed rest during traveling. Almost literally across the street from the Barcelona Cathedral, the location doesn't get any better! Reliable wifi and plugs inside lockers for safe charging!

Thanks for the review. It seems we are friends... hehe. We install electrical plugs to charge the devices. Is it helpful, isn't it? We like to take care in the little details. And the wifi is our strong point, it's so powerful, optic line. Will we see you soon? We hope so. Thanks again!

The foyer was being renovated at the time of my stay so I needed to enter via a side door, but it was well-sign-posted and easy to find.

We are renovating the new reception, it will be finished in a few days. Thanks so much to choose Itaca Hostel and leave a review.

Great service from the staff, very very friendly felt safe, clean and a very relaxed atmosphere. Would stay here again for sure! Only down side was that there was a movie playing in the common room in the early evening (on a Saturday). Not a party or particularly social place for those after that

• 7th Feb 2015

We stayed in the apartment which is just a five minute walk from the main hostel. It had four bedrooms (all with their own locks), a shared bathroom with two showers, a toilet, and kitchen/living room. The location is amazing, right in the Gothic Quarter. The staff is very helpful, we asked people at the desk for restaurant recommendations and loved every where they recommended.

• 5th Feb 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We like to know you had a great time in Barcelona in Itaca Hostel. The double rooms in Beates street are the best, it have everything you need, even WIFI. We hope to see you back! Cheers

Nice and cozy. Nice staff too.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Slovenia

Such an amazing location right in the gothic neighborhood! Staff was very friendly and the staff was very flexible with us as we weren't sure whether we would stay 3 or 4 nights and we ended up deciding last minute to stay 4 nights. Breakfast with cereal and toast is included. The kitchen facilities was also convenient as we were able to cook some of our own meals. We stayed in the ten bed dorm rooms and the bunk beds were very flimsy and loud but other than this no complaints about the hostel.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Thanks for the review! We keep all the facilities in perfect conditions. We will revise those beds to fix these sounds you mean. Your review helps us to improve. We hope to see you again.

the staff were excellent and we really enjoyed having privacy in our own private room. The mattress was a bit droopy and the ambiance would have been better in the common area but our private room was in a separate building. How ever this said it was a great hostel that I would recommend and I would stay in it again.

It was really good hostel everything is goooooooooooooood when i come back to barcelona, i will stay again staff is really kind they helped me everything

Really nice people working there and giving you great advices. Very lovely hostel!

Staff very helpful and friendly !! Loved it !! Very clean and quiet in the apartments. Thanks !!!

Thanks a lot Lara! Was a pleasure for us to stay in our hostel. Hope to see you another time, regards!!!

If you want to be in Barcelona and be in the center of the city there is no place better than Itaca Hostel. It's the best.

• 24th Jan 2015

Thanks for posting, we're very glad! That's true Itaca is in the center of this amazing city called Barcelona. Hope to see you next time :)

Very small but nice and clean hostel. Best location ever: in a quiet street of the gothic quarter, few steps from the beautiful cathedral. Free walking tours start each day at 11 a.m. from the hostel. Great breakfast included.

During my stay there wasn't really anyone to talk with or hang out with , maybe it was bad timing, but this really depressed me. I had a giant 6 person room to myself. The person at the front desk would chat with me and tell me about great day trips in the city, which I truly appreciated. There is a free breakfast of toast, cereal and orange juice, which I also appreciated. It was free and ample. The greatest thing about this hostel has to be its location, in el Barrio Gothic.

Great location right near the Cathedral and central to tons of things to do. The bathrooms were adequate, but you have no warm water in the sink and have to push the button every 30 seconds to keep the shower going. The rooms were nice and had a decent pillow and blanket, but I still couldn't sleep because every night the common room was supposed to be "silent" by 10 pm but was always loud well into the morning. The only remedy I got for that was "wear earplugs." They do offer laundry service!!

Thanks for the feedback, we apologize about the noise in the common area while you were sleeping. We always try to keep it in silence. About the showers it's a green system to save water and recycle every rubbish. Thanks again, we like to improve every time. We hope to see you back!

Verry frendly staff but, our dustbin would't emptied not a single time in 5 days!!! The heating was not working properly...

• 6th Jan 2015

Itaca is an amazing hostel. I had a great time and made a lot of friends during my stay. I will definitely recommend it to my friends. I had a minor suggestion I mentioned to the owner (forgot her name), which was to use some more of the empty wall space in the bedrooms. Maybe by putting up more hooks or shelves so people can hang and store more stuff.

• 6th Jan 2015