Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

I really don't understand how this hostel is rated so high. I arrived late, which was no problem with 24 hr reception. The bed given to me was too small, I am 5"10, and it seems like maybe they are children's bunks... The locker given to me literally the door was falling off the Hinges. The whole place is kind of dingy. I was put in a "mixed" dorm- but it was 8 beds and I was the only female... I left and was not refunded. The only pro was semi decent location but honestly that even that good.

A lovely Hostel which isn't too overcrowded. Location of the Hostel was really good, only a short walk to Liceu or Jaume I and is behind the Cathedral. The Hostel was not the noisy in the evening and there is a living room and dining area where you can socialise with other travellers and the Staff are really friendly and helpful

• 21st Aug 2015

Itica was a good hostel in terms of location, you are very close to everything. My only down points I would say is the beds are like sleeping on the floor. My back ached all day and still aches now from the beds, the rooms are also super hot even with the fans so it's hard to sleep at night and the showers stay on for 15 seconds, you are constantly having to press the button over and over again, so I would say making the showers time out at a minute would be better, also they need lights in ther

• 18th Aug 2015

Great location! And the sangria night was a lot of fun. Rooms were a bit hot and would have been better if they had reserved our beds near each other as we booked together.

Thanks for taking your time! Sangria night it's perfect. It was a pleasure have you at Itaca Hostel. We apologize we always try to choose the beds close to each other for the same reservation. We hope to see you back!

Only stayed there for one night but the staff was very helpful and friendly, however I had to leave early morning and forgot to ask for my key deposit and the girl at the desk didn't give it to me either but oh well. They had an electric plug in every locker which was good for leaving my laptop to charge while I was away. Breakfast was good and the location of the hostel is excellent.

Had a great time, the staff is excelent. They'll help you with anything you need.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Thanks for taking your time!! It was great to meet you! We hope to see you back! Cheers!

Hostel is located on a great spot next to the cathedral. However the room was way too hot and for that price no air conditioning is a shame. And last but not least I personally didn't like the atmosphere. I've stayed in many different hostels in Barcelona and I found I had a hard time getting to know everyone.

We had a great stay. The staff was super friendly and answered all our questions. The location is great in the gothic quarter. Overall a great stay!

• 2nd Aug 2015

I love this hostel, the location is amazing, you can walk to all the shopping areas, the beach, the touristy places too. it's clean, friendly and very chilled out.

Great location and lovely staff. Had a very homely and welcoming feel to the place. The common areas are nice to spend time in.

Fantastic central location and very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay here when next in Barcelona.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

The location of this hostel is amazing. Right next to the Catedral. There are nice common areas and a kitchen. The hostel is a bit worn down and could use some updating, especially in the bathrooms (the showers!). But it's clean! Bear in mind that this hostel has NO AIR CONDITION!!! The rooms get extremely hot, and it was difficult to sleep because of the heat! This is ok in the winter, but go somewhere else in the summer (unless you like the heat).

Fantastic location

It was a wonderful stay. It was my first time in a hostel and first solo holiday and so I was quite nervous but the staff were so friendly and helpful that they made for a very relaxing holiday.

A really really good hostel. It has everything to make a hostel perfect - my only complaint was no air conditioning. Aside that I would choose to recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Barcelona. The staff is great, location is perfect, breakfast is good, facilities are acceptably clean. The people I met at this hostel were really cool.

We loved our stay, would highly recommend the hostel,great location, friendly helpful staff, relaxing environment, great value, with breakfast too!

• 4th Jul 2015

Itaca was a great place to spend a couple of nights. Everyone was friendly but it is not a party hostel which I liked. People were around in the evenings to hang out and talk with and the staff did everything they could to accommodate all requests (they promptly resolved an issue with my key and replaced the lightbulb in my bedside lamp that was not working when I arrived). It was a very central location for walking to many of the major sights (and access to metro) Overall a great stay.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great hostel! Only rough part was how hot it gets upstairs in the dorms during summer months.

Perfect location, but quiet. I love here

This hostel is so good! I am travelling alone and met so many amazing people. The staff are so friendly and help you out so much! Stay here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4