Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

Excellent hostel. very good location, facilities and staff. The bed sheets could be cleaner (we found a few hairs and fabric wires). Overall a very good hostel.

Second time staying here and would highly recommend

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. A very kind staff willing to help with Any questions. The free breakfast is great And there is Also free tea And coffee all day which is very nice. Very clean and even your bed is made. Highly recommend it!!!

It was fantastic; I've no complaints.

• 4th Oct 2014

Location is excellent, staff is helpful. And it's not a party hostel, so if you want simply to rest and relax it's perfect. Cleanliness and service are OK. Just some minor cons: - breakfast time ends at 09.30am... too early, we're in Spain and people are supposed to have fun at night, so... really bad to have to wake up early for your breakfast - dorms aren't that big, there are some fans running all night long to make some air circulation. they're not noisy but can be annoying

• 2nd Oct 2014

The staff were welcoming and professional. Breakfast was solid—cornflakes, muesli, bread, lots of spreads including chocolate, orange juice and milk. Location is in the centre of Barrie Gotic—walking distance to almost everything. Street noise was quite high at night since the french doors were open due to the heat. Bring ear plugs. Lounge and eating areas were amazing. Very easy to meet people. Overall an excellent vibe although not a party hostel. Will definitely stay at Itaca again.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's amazing!!! ;). We're glad to know you were happy and had fun in Itaca Hostel. We're located in the city center, so always there are people in the street. We hope to see you back in the future!! Kind regards from all Itaca staff. We will miss you!

Great little hostel. The staff are extremely helpful and the location is terrific.

This hostel was great. Easy to find with directions they give you. In an excellent location. Only complaint is the bed I was in didn't have the little box on the wall next to it to store stuff on not sure if they are new and it wasn't up yet or broken and not yet fixed but it's a good idea to have.

Perfect location to explore Barcelona on foot :) Reception open 24 hours, so if you are arriving at night there is no problem and you will still get some sleep ;) Very nice, helping and friendly staff. Each of them can give you from their point of view some tips what to see and explore in the city or show you some particular places you are interested in. P.S. Sergio - the band I was trying to remember so hard actually starts from "K" not "S" :D They are called Khuda.

Awesome! Great experience!

Not too much wrong with this hostel, very clean,quiet and nice and secure. The facilities were good without being outstanding but other than for party travellers I would recommend staying here.

The nicest hostel we've ever stayed in and better than quite a few hotels! The staff are very friendly and the owner gave us loads of useful info to help us enjoy our stay. Really central and very easy to get to all the main hostspots in the barrio gotic. Could not recommend Itaca more strongly.

• 26th Sep 2014

Wow!! Thanks! It's great when guest like you share this review with us. Our strong point is the location, and then we have all the information to discover Barcelona. Thanks very much again. We will see you back, isn't it?!!! ;)

After my flight was cancelled on Air France they were very helpful helping me to obtain a train ticket.

Helping people is what makes us human. In Itaca Hostel have the priority that our guests feel at home. Happy to help, greetings and hope to see you soon again. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

This is a great hostel. I ended up being super sick the night I spent there, and the staff was super friendly/helpful - offering to make me tea. Clean. Even though I was in the shared 10 bed dorm, the vibe was quiet and respectful. Easy to use pay phone and Internet. Breakfast on the balcony was lovely. If you want to stay in the city center, it's a no brainer - stay here.

The cool guest like you make Itaca Hostel special. Thanks for visit us, we take care for all the guest we have. Thanks you for your music, we listen your work during the breakfast in the balcony hehe ;). Thanks very much for be so generous. We hope to see you back! Cheers!

I loved to stay in your hostel. I will come back for sure. Staff was awesome and the double rooms were perfect with that kitchen in common! Good job guys!

• 24th Sep 2014

We loved to have you with us. We will wait you here!! Thanks for your review, the double rooms are new and are designed to be perfect for our guest. See you soon! ;) Kind Regards.

What a lovely, delightful little hostel, so central

• 24th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The location was amazing so central in the city

Thanks very much for your review! We're in the downtown like you say. Cheers!

Great wee hostel, clean, comfortable and friendly.

Thanks very much for your review! We are glad to read it. Cheers!

GREAT location!!

• 16th Sep 2014

Alright!! Less is more! Thanks very much, we appreciate your review! We hope to see you back in the future! Take care ;)

I was very dissapointed with the hostel, the level of cleanliness in the bathrooms was very poor. Also kind of rediculous that I had to take cold showers everyday... would not suggest this hostel to anyone traveling to Barcelona not to mention that there is no AC

• 16th Sep 2014

We apologize about that, we clean every day, and we clean the bathrooms very often during the day. We're sorry if you found out the bathrooms dirty. About the AC, we decided don't have it to save energy and be more green. We're sorry again, and thanks to leave your review, we appreciate it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5