Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

A small and very nice hostel in the heart of the fantastic Barcelona, the staff was really very very friendly, i will come back for sure!

Amazing hostel, great staff, great location...wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Everyone who works here is really friendly and helpful. The location is the best I have seen and it's not on a busy road so it is quiet during the night. It is very easy to meet people and the metro isn't far away. Highly recommended!

• 27th Jan 2016

Great location, super friendly staff! It's small enough to be quiet and quaint but so easy t meet other travellers! Definitely recommend!

Fantastic staff, great facilities and close to everything! Only thing I found annoying was the need to constantly keep pressing the button to keep the shower running but I think I'm just being picky about stuff now.

Itaca was ... fine. Staff were friendly, the location was great and the communal area was pleasant. The kitchen was waaaay too small to consider cooking, though - it felt crowded with two people in it. I hated the bathroom taps and lights being on timer switches (even in the private rooms - really?!). Decor was also pleasant, but looked a little tired. Would I stay there again? Maybe. But I'd probably try to find somewhere better first.

A friendly little hostel at an unbeatable location in Barcelona; near the cathedral, the Plaça de Catalunya and countless bars and eateries. Its staff is very hospitable and its amenities are top-notch, too. Highly recommended!

A very nice hostel on a real good place! Glad to be there.

The hostel staff were more like family, so generous, kind and helpful. Shout out to Lola and Edi for going above and beyond! They were so helpful and nice!

• 17th Dec 2015

The staff here is excellent. They were very helpful, and glad to give us insider tips about what to check out during our stay. One of the employees, Edi, even agreed to personally show us around town on one occasion after his shift. Talk about customer service! The overnight employees, Lola and Marlo, where also very helpful, and happy to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

• 17th Dec 2015

Had a great time at Itaca!

lovely cosy hostel. really enjoyed our stay. wish we had spent longer there. amazing location right near the cathedral. staff were really friendly accomodating and approachable at all times. pity we missed the sangria night but hope to be back again.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Top location in old town area. Take a stroll down La Rambla to St Josep's fresh food market. Brilliant Picasso and other museums. Few minutes Metro. Natives are friendly. This is one of the best hostels and the very best value for money by far.

The location is phenomenal. Within five minutes of walking I can be at several different pizza places, clothing stores, food markets, tourist attractions and the metro. The locker system is superb, having had experience with many hostels not providing this, it was a great addition to my experience. I just felt comfortable, the entire time. Thanks.

• 28th Nov 2015

All perfect, definitely recommended.

Colorful, comfortable, quiet and cute place in the center of Barcelona, i would absolutely recomand this hostel! The only little negative thing I could say is that we had to pay 2euros to let our luggages there during the last day (but it's only a little detail!)! Out of that everything was perfect

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

Great hostel to stay at, not a party hostel though. The atmosphere was cool and I met really nice people, both travellers and staff. Marlon is the best guy ever, get to know him. Bathroom was nice and clean but could have used a makeover, mainly the awkward push button showers which were annoying to use and slow to drain.

The staff are really friendly and helping. I loved the homemade Sangria they offered. Although they don't offer breakfast from November, there are still free tea, coffee and cookies. Plus, the common space is really cozy.

Perfect hostel

Perfect hostel for exploring Barcelona. Not a party hostel but you're in the heart of the city and there is plenty of opportunity to meet other people. Loved this place and would definitely stay here if I return to Barcelona!

« first « Prev 1 2 3