Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

If you want to be in Barcelona and be in the center of the city there is no place better than Itaca Hostel. It's the best.

• 24th Jan 2015

Thanks for posting, we're very glad! That's true Itaca is in the center of this amazing city called Barcelona. Hope to see you next time :)

Very small but nice and clean hostel. Best location ever: in a quiet street of the gothic quarter, few steps from the beautiful cathedral. Free walking tours start each day at 11 a.m. from the hostel. Great breakfast included.

During my stay there wasn't really anyone to talk with or hang out with , maybe it was bad timing, but this really depressed me. I had a giant 6 person room to myself. The person at the front desk would chat with me and tell me about great day trips in the city, which I truly appreciated. There is a free breakfast of toast, cereal and orange juice, which I also appreciated. It was free and ample. The greatest thing about this hostel has to be its location, in el Barrio Gothic.

Great location right near the Cathedral and central to tons of things to do. The bathrooms were adequate, but you have no warm water in the sink and have to push the button every 30 seconds to keep the shower going. The rooms were nice and had a decent pillow and blanket, but I still couldn't sleep because every night the common room was supposed to be "silent" by 10 pm but was always loud well into the morning. The only remedy I got for that was "wear earplugs." They do offer laundry service!!

Thanks for the feedback, we apologize about the noise in the common area while you were sleeping. We always try to keep it in silence. About the showers it's a green system to save water and recycle every rubbish. Thanks again, we like to improve every time. We hope to see you back!

Verry frendly staff but, our dustbin would't emptied not a single time in 5 days!!! The heating was not working properly...

• 6th Jan 2015

Itaca is an amazing hostel. I had a great time and made a lot of friends during my stay. I will definitely recommend it to my friends. I had a minor suggestion I mentioned to the owner (forgot her name), which was to use some more of the empty wall space in the bedrooms. Maybe by putting up more hooks or shelves so people can hang and store more stuff.

• 6th Jan 2015

Overall a decent hostel, they don't run organised activities like some but there is sufficient communal area to have a drink/socialise. Only 1 bathroom for each gender which was frustrating at times.

Stayed in their Bates Building about two blocks away from the hostel in El Borne neighborhood. We were on the second floor which was really safe and in such a perfect location to access everything. The showers were cold and it was a little challenging to meet backpackers with only a couple other people in our apartment but the location and actual apartment itself was phenomenal.

• 4th Jan 2015

Best location in Barcelona, could not be more perfect. Very communal atmosphere, and good wifi when you need it! Washing clothes a bit expensive. Security was unusual. Uses keys instead of key cards, so doors were usually left unlocked etc... But I was always asked by staff who hadn't seen me before who I was when entering the hostel and I never saw any weirdos there. It felt safe. Breakfast was reasonable cereal and toast. Room was noisy (thin walls) and one night was stuffy

We stayed in a triple private at the Itaca flat in a separate building from the main hostile. It was more than I could have ever asked for, and for the price unmatched. So clean and everything worked well! More than enough room for all of our belongings. Carrying the luggage up the stairs was rough, but doable. The location is so central, staff was helpful, but their directions were VERY confusing and food suggestions lack luster. But that is a personal opinion more than fact. Overall great!!

• 31st Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, the location couldn't be better, the staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean. But I think the best part of staying here was the awesome people that I met while staying here! I highly recommend this hostel.

Had an amazing stay at Itaca. I´ll come back. For sure!

• 29th Dec 2014

Itaca Hostel is the perfect place to call home while in barcelona. It is perfectly located - close enough to Las Ramblas, the metro, and estacion barcelona de norde. However because it is tucked into a small street, it is a nice refuge from the crazy tourist crowds. Most importantly, we liked the hospitality from the staff. Both staff members recommended restaurants and flamenco shows that were not tourist traps, but small local spots. Our flat was beautiful, clean, and breakfast was plentiful.

• 27th Dec 2014

Amazing location, super easy to get to from the aerobus, with an amazing and friendly staff, great hostel!

• 27th Dec 2014

This is the first time I spent night in a dorm. And will try again. The hostel is immaculate. The staff is very greeting and helpful. I mean every single person there. All the hostel is cleaned every day. The breakfast is fine. There are lockers and a power outlet inside each locker. There are no wild parties inside, as after 22 you are expected to move from bedroom area. Finally, the hostel is in the heart of the city. Look no further if you are respectable traveller.

Almost perfect!

It's in heart of the central easy to walk everywhere. Very clean! I will chose it definitely when I visit Barcelona again!!

Enjoyed the place, very helpful and friendly staff. Knowledgable about the city's bus and train systems. Each room had a locker with chargers for devices inside. Also had a nice common room for hanging out or watching tv

I really enjoyed my stay at Itaca. It was centrally located in Barcelona's historic Gothic Quarter, and is in easy walking distance to a lot of Barcelona's vibrant night life. The apartment I stayed in was clean and very cozy and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Itaca, I definitely want to go back!

• 13th Dec 2014

Ohh thanks very much for leaving a review! Our apartments are the best, have everything you need to stay like home. We definitely wait you come back to Itaca Hostel. Happy Christmas!

One of the best hostels I stayed across Europe. Location is a plus point. Very near to central, metro and bus stop for the airport shuttle. They provide a locker with a electrical charging point inside. Nice thought.

You made us blush! Thanks for your words and for taking your time. We provide everything you need. The eletrical charging point inside the lockers it's pretty new, we have little details, maybe for this it's make Itaca Hostel in a big experience. Thanks again! Happy Christmas! All the best!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4