Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

2098 Total Reviews

Loved this hostel! Beds and lockers in dorm rooms were great. Great common room, kitchen and eating area. Small hostel which made it a comfortable environment with lots of attention from staff when needed. Location is amazing for the price. Would recommend for sure :)

We love you! Thanks a lot for this fantastic review. We are little hostel and we are close each other, for these reason the guest can feel like home. We appreciate your comment, it's gratefully reading this kind of reviews. We hope to see you again. Keep on rocking!

This place is just what you need when you want somewhere central but quiet,a popular hostel but small/private and a place you don't jut sleep but can also hang out and to have some downtime. Perfect stay for us as a young couple.

• 27th May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one night in the mixed dorm and I liked that we got lockers (large enough for all of our luggage!) for free. We were in the twin private room for the rest of the week, and it was like having a hotel room for a fraction of the price! Private bathroom, though we had to use the showers in the shared bathroom, which had hot water most of the time. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Loved free coffee all day!

• 27th May 2014

Thank you for your fantastic words! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at Itaca Hostel Barcelona and we hope to see you back here one day. Keep on rocking in the free world!! Thanks ;)

The location of the hostel was excellent, right in the center of Barcelona and very close to metro stations. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were OK, with nice lockers, and the internet was also good. The breakfast was plain, but not an issue. And the common room was nice. I really liked it and intend to go back to this hostel in my next trips to Barcelona!

It's got a fabulous location, right in the Gothic center of the city. It's been very clean, the two times I've stayed, and the wifi has been upgraded and worked like a charm. Breakfast in is great, so you don't have to scramble for something before walking around. Showers were fine, and you get a good sized locker per person who checks in. Probably my favourite hostel that I've stayed in.

You made blush us! Thanks for visiting us another time. We work for guest like you, lovely guests. We upgrade the wifi connection to keep the signal in all the building. Thanks again, we hope to see you a third time in Barcelona. Take care, kind regards from all Itaca staff.

I really enjoy those days I stayed there. After I arrived, my friend told me it is recommended by the "lonely planet". It's excellent!

Great central, friendly and relaxed place to stay.

Everything was clean, good spacious lockers! Guests had to be buzzed in, but reception was 24/7 so this didn't take more time than opening the door with a key, and security is a HUGE plus in Barcelona - I got my purse stolen and one of the hostel employees gave me 10 euros! Staff is super friendly and helpful. Very close to a metro and right in Plaça de Cataluyna, good spot.

Hostel is very good roganized,wondrful people are working in that hostel.always with smile,and helpful.I really can't wait to com back again to this hostel.Hasta luego! ;)

Very friendly staff. Excellent location, rooms are very clean as well. I had a shared dorm as well as a private room during my stay. Private room is a shared apartment with common kitchen and bathroom. If taking aerobus to city centre walk back opposite the direction of the bus and go straight down that Main Street, the cathedral will be on your left in a big square (possibly with a mideval market on) then follow Itaca directions. It's 2minutes from the cathedral

Wow!! Thanks for explain so well where is Itaca and how to get. It's exactly the right way. We appreciate your beautiful words. Hopefully you will come back and see us again sometime! Kind regards.

Very nice staff with good facilities! Free breakfast and a perfect location!

• 16th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks so much for visiting us. The free breakfast is great and the Itaca staff is awesome too. We hope to see you another time.

Small hostel in a great location. Could do with more showers but other that that it was great

Thanks for taking your time to leave a review!! We are in quiet place just in middle of Barcelona. We hope to see you back here one day!

I had a great time at the hostel. It felt homey, the staff were all really kind and helpful, and the location was decent. My only complaint is that the showers do not work well - the temperature of the water would fluctuate a ton between scalding hot and freezing, with little in between.

We're glad we read you spent a great time with us. Thanks so much for your words. About the showers we installed a new hot water system one week ago. We hope the temperature of water don't fluctuate anymore. Thanks again.

Absolutely lovely! Great staff, very chilled out. Loved it.

Oh!! Thanks very much for your review. We love the guests like you. Hopefully we see you another time in the future. Kind regards from all the itaca staff.

What a great hostel! A prime location (near the beach, near the center of Barcelona), very friendly staff, and awesome murals in the stairwell! I was very happy in Itaca, and will definitely go there again if/when I return to Barcelona! The only thing I can think to complain about is the showers... hot water was available only intermittently (depending on time of day). In conclusion, I much recommend this hostel.

• 9th May 2014

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. About the hot water is available 24 hours but if all the hostel is using it maybe it could be intermittently. We apologize and we will try to fix it. Hopefully we will see you again one day!

I've paid 46.5 euro for deposit when I booked the hostel on their website. However the hostel has only 24 euro for me... The Manager said "Other money was lost, because you changed your booking". Yes,.I've changed my plan, especially I added more 2 night, but I don't know why are they lost my money. The manager also said "Because Hostel world didn't paid us. So if you want,". She also said "You can ask Hostel world. Not my fault." She isn't kindly but other staff was very nice.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Japan

The deposit you paid was to Hostelworld not Itaca Hostel so when you changed your booking with them you lost your deposit, so that you didn't lose all the money we reduced your bill by 12% which is how much you pay hostelworld.

The best Hostel I have ever stayed in. Great Atmosphere, cosy rooms and super helpful staff! The only thing I could complain a little about was breakfast - how about bringing in some variety? :-) Besides, love you guys and going to visit you again!

What a great review! Thanks for taking your time to leave a review. We offer a free breakfast, it's just to start the day with a coffee and bread with jam and cereals. We will try to improve it. We hope to see you soon. Kind regards!

Simple, cozy and friendly. Exactly what I was hoping for. The bed in the dorm seemed alright. Slept well. Can be somewhat noisy with windows open, but that should be expected for city centre location. You can also hear through the walls, so bring earplugs :-) good value, will book it again.

Note if you book a private room you stay in the flats close by, on arrival a 50 euro deposit is asked for. This is not mentioned upon booking. We were told the room would be cleaned daily, we stayed for 5 days and room was not cleaned or towels changed in this time. Location is very good.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding but in the confirmation mail that we send it explains that there is a 50€ deposit to be left. We clean the floors and bathroom every day so we were surprised at your comment. We don't change the towels every day, normally every three days. If your towels were not changed we can only apologize and hope it didn't spoil your stay with us.

Great hostel, great location, great mix of people and unbelievably cost effective. Loved the free breakfast! :D

• 14th Apr 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We are in the city centre. You can pretty much walk to anywhere in the centre. We hope to see you in the future! kind regards.