Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

I really enjoyed the 4-Nights-Stay @ Itaca Hostel in Barcelona together with my brother very much. We slept in the "red room", a 6 bed dorm. Everything was clean and tiny. The "living room" is really comfortable and a good place to get to know the other guests, which will happen in any case, especially is's a small hostel with only 32? beds. Personal is really friendly and helpful.

• 31st Oct 2015

Staying at Itaca was a great decision! the place is perfectly central and very close to train stations and a the Aerobus (which takes you to/from the airport). The staff was absolutely friendly, very helpful and open to whatever you might need. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better stay in Barcelona. Totally recommended!

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Ecuador

It was a good place to stay. We had an important issue just arriving. We made our reservation more than 2 months before arriving date and the hostel later figured out they were overbooked but were not able to contact me (their mails did not arrive to my mailbox) so when we arrived at 11 pm we did not had a room available in the place. Unfortunately no manager was accessible at that hour and the option the guy from the desk gave us was to accept a reimbursement from our reservation (aha!! And go

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

Nice hostel that was very central. The staff were lovely to us and always up for a chat. The rooms were clean, and had powersockets for charging. The lockers had PowerPoint's in them as well which was nice. The only negative thing would be the fact that they overbooked and had to squeeze an extra bed into our room which left little space, but overall a great non-party hostel to stay in. :)

• 7th Oct 2015

Great location and friendly staff. The only very small niggle is that the size of the bed is a bit small, so if you're on the lower bunk bed it's hard to sit up straight without your head hitting the top bed. Everything else, great!

this second week I stayed in the private twin room. the noise coming all night from the supply room was a bit annoying.

Nice people, perfect location to arrive everything, whats important.

• 26th Sep 2015

This location is awesome and the staff was a ton of fun. This is a great hostel for socializing.

• 24th Sep 2015

dorm room was good, staff was great, nice quiet hostel, great location, light and shower timer were a bit annoying though.

I truly loved this place! I really felt welcome there. They have a nice and helpful staff, good environment and facilities. This hostel is also located nearby the Cathedral, Gothic area and others spots in Barcelona.

This is by FAR the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It feels brand new and SO clean. The staff is top notch and feels like family. The common space is so large and everyone feels welcome.They offer breakfast and dinner for great prices. The ONLY things I have against this hostel is the internet connection and laundry facilities. The internet connection is very frustrating. And there is a place for washing machines but none here. There is a laundromat right across the street though!

Nice quiet hostel, great and helpful staff.

It is a nice and safe hostel in a great location. So close to everything including buses and the metro which is super easy to navigate. Really enjoyed my stay here and I'm thinking the price to stay is usually cheaper and was just inflated during my stay for the La Mercé festival which made it a little more pricy then it should be.

The location of the hostel is really great, it's in a minute from Barcelona's Cathedral. The stuff is very polite and helpful, we got all the directions and advices we needed in. Breakfast was good, and also you can cook yourself in the kitchen. But it may be very hard to stay in rooms without a conditioner. We stayed in the green room and had to keep the witnow open all night long. And there is a bar in the nest building so it was really noisy. So don't forget to take earplugs ;)

Friendly staff, super cute hostel. Loved it.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

I would really recommend this hostel. It's nice and because it is not that big you feel more like home. In the common area you can meet people from all over the world. The breakfast is simple but good. You have to stay on Wednesday there - it's the free sangria night :)

We really enjoyed our stay over all. The location is awesome and our room was very comfortable. Although some staff members were not very friendly or helpful, Timur on the front desk is great!! So so helpful and friendly. Our main concern was the short timer on the shower and the water never getting warm. Also I found the timer on the bathroom lights and sink to be too long. Causing wastage of water and energy rather conserving it. That's just our feedback but we recommend this hostel for sure!

wlan signal was pretty weak

• Switzerland

Best hostel I have stayed at.

• 28th Aug 2015

Stayed in the 10 bed dorm, never had a problem with noise, everyone was quiet if coming home early hours. 2 showers and 2 toilets each for males and females - never had to wait though. Staff were really friendly, the guy that owns it was very helpful. Plugs by every bed and also inside your own locker to charge valuables if you're out. Good common areas. Only downside was no air con in any of the rooms or common areas. Too hot being upstairs and in summer. Would definitely stay again though.