Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

2011 Total Reviews

Cleanliness: Good; no visible issues. Service: Average; night crew doesn't really want to deal with you, day crew is nice and helpful. Amenities: Average; decent breakfast, space heater only, nice apartment extension of the hostel if wanting a private room, reliable but short range internet, patio-side rooms are not rainproof (leaks under door), drop-off laundry service for 10€, community computers and printing access.

Thank you for leaving your comments. We have just installed new fibre-optic internet access with a more powerful router so we hope if you came again you would have a good WIFI connection. We are dealing with the water entering from the patio door. I’m sorry to hear that you felt the night staff were not as helpful as the day staff, we have spoken to them to make sure we offer the best service we can.

really nice place- especially the new place which is a few minutes away from the hostel. Nice and clean room, kitchen, bathroom. Very friendly and helpful staff. We had a great time.

• 28th Jan 2014

Thanks for your comments, we really appreciate positive feedback, hope to see you again another time!

Perfect! I've stayed in the Doble Beates building, but I have two friends that stayed at the other one and think it is amazing as well. Excellent location, enables you to do a lot of things walking. Excellent staff, very very friendly and kind, building well equipped and nice breakfast.

Many thanks for taking your time to leave a review. We feel very glad to read your words, we've reformed the Beates's bedrooms few days ago, so are pretty new. Thanks a lot. Kind regards.

Turning up to our blue Itaca apartment we had booked for three days was more than we expected. Not only was our apartment spotless, it was very quiet, for what was a place in the centre of the city. We had a brand new kitchen at our disposal, lovely showering facilities and a fantastic coffee machine. The free wifi was a complete bonus. As a young family on the move this was and ideal setting for us. Safe and family friendly.

• 20th Jan 2014

just about 10 euros per night and its with breakfast :D The staff is very helpful and nice although to print out a copy at front desk cost 0.5 euros per each copy :P Not bad location, 10 minutes to the carrefour and 10 minutes to the shopping street! Theres a very cozy common room where you can watch movies and hang out with ppl, very nice :)

Yet another wonderful review from one of our lovely guests! Thank you so much! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and would love it if you came back to see us again in the future.

First time I stayed at the hostel where the staff knew very little about pretty much everything, almost like they didn't care at all. It was a mistake to stay there, I paid €70-80/night, hoping private room would give me a good night sleep. Unfortunately, the guests in the other room were so noisy until 3-4am.

Need a power plug I can leave overnight for charging stuff.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Thanks for taking time to leave a review. We are adding plugs close to each bed and another one in the locker. We know it's very important to charge each device and feel safe. Thanks and see you another time.

perfect location.. very near to the main attraction especially the cathedral and few minutes walk to la ramblas... friendly and helpful staff... recommended ...

Good, centric and quiet location in the Gothic neighborhood. 5 minute walk to Las Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya. Good place to stay a weekend. The internet didn't work in the rooms but in the common area. 2 computers you can use and printing available. lots of info for tourists. Pretty cool hostel overall.

• 21st Dec 2013

We want to say you that now Internet is working in all the hostel. We changed the internet connection and now we have a powerful network with optical fiber. Thanks for leaving your experience at itaca hostel.

I greatly enjoyed my stay at Itaca Hostel. It has a very homey feeling and the breakfast is pretty good. The location is great and almost everthing is within walking distance. Shoutout to my buddy Paul at the front desk, that dude is great.

• 19th Dec 2013

We're glad to read your words and hope to see you again. Thanks very much for taking time to leave a review.

the atmosfere was very good, freedom but with every information explained,and everything well organized , indeed from a travellers view, Thank You staff!!

• 17th Dec 2013

Such an amazing hostel! Loved everything about it! The staff were a huge help, even communicated efficiently with us over email when I messed up the online booking. The location couldn't be better, right in the center of the city, just a few minute walk to the main metro station or any other main attraction. The hostel had a great vibe, with good common room and kitchen facilities. Wifi was good. Breakfast was perfect, and included a wide variety of jams. Couldn't recommend this hostel enough!

A crucial and wonderful position to visit Barcelona. Every attractions is very close by by foot or by metro. Just one unpleasant thing: the breakfast...it was very poor (margarine instead of Butter and no orange juice!)...it's better to have not included breakfast that having that one! however, we surely come back there!

Thanks you for taking the time to share your experience in Itaca Hostel. We offer orange juice in the breakfast every dat, we are sorry if you can't take it in your stay. We suppose we didn't recieve any orange juice from the supermarket those days. We hope to see you another time, thanks for visiting us. Cheers.

Awesome hostel. I was there with 5 other college students and the staff let us stay in the common area past the quiet hours, maybe because there were only about 5 other people there at the time. Very clean hostel, the staff were all very friendly, awesome breakfast and a cool little lounge areas.

It was a very good stay. Location is perfect and staffs are very friendly and helpful. Will come back again!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Great hostel. Cute, small home feel to it.

• 14th Nov 2013

I really enjoyed my stay! The location was perfect - right off the main road, close to the cathedral, two nearby subway stations and all on a quieter side street. Breakfast was simple each morning, toast and cereal, but it was there and included as was coffee and tea 24/7! The rooms were cleaned daily as were all of the other facilities and the other guests were kind and respectfully quiet. Only wish that the fan was working

• 6th Nov 2013

Perfect hostel to meet people and in the center of all the attractions. A little bit of a stroll to the beach but close to La Rambla and places with good night life. Very clean, cozy, good breakfast, and helpful staff.

This was the third time I have stayed at Itica. that I think says quite a bit about the hostel. The only negative I would offer is there is no washing machine, and there appears to be a charge of 10 euros for a laundry service I think that is a bit steep. This stay I had only one room mate which was good. As always the staff are very helpful friendly and approachable. This is a great selling point, I would stay again

The location of the hostel is EXCELLENT! Barcelona is big and can be very loud and touristy, but this was my absolute favorite area. Right by both the beach and the ramblas, but more beautiful in terms of architecture than both. Biggest complaint would be the staff, who I oftentimes found to be rude and judgmental. But the guests of the hostel were all super nice, so that made up for it! I also loved the common room and balcony in the dining area--I found it to be a cozy space to hang out.