Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

Overall a decent hostel, they don't run organised activities like some but there is sufficient communal area to have a drink/socialise. Only 1 bathroom for each gender which was frustrating at times.

Stayed in their Bates Building about two blocks away from the hostel in El Borne neighborhood. We were on the second floor which was really safe and in such a perfect location to access everything. The showers were cold and it was a little challenging to meet backpackers with only a couple other people in our apartment but the location and actual apartment itself was phenomenal.

• 4th Jan 2015

Best location in Barcelona, could not be more perfect. Very communal atmosphere, and good wifi when you need it! Washing clothes a bit expensive. Security was unusual. Uses keys instead of key cards, so doors were usually left unlocked etc... But I was always asked by staff who hadn't seen me before who I was when entering the hostel and I never saw any weirdos there. It felt safe. Breakfast was reasonable cereal and toast. Room was noisy (thin walls) and one night was stuffy

We stayed in a triple private at the Itaca flat in a separate building from the main hostile. It was more than I could have ever asked for, and for the price unmatched. So clean and everything worked well! More than enough room for all of our belongings. Carrying the luggage up the stairs was rough, but doable. The location is so central, staff was helpful, but their directions were VERY confusing and food suggestions lack luster. But that is a personal opinion more than fact. Overall great!!

• 31st Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, the location couldn't be better, the staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean. But I think the best part of staying here was the awesome people that I met while staying here! I highly recommend this hostel.

Had an amazing stay at Itaca. I´ll come back. For sure!

• 29th Dec 2014

Itaca Hostel is the perfect place to call home while in barcelona. It is perfectly located - close enough to Las Ramblas, the metro, and estacion barcelona de norde. However because it is tucked into a small street, it is a nice refuge from the crazy tourist crowds. Most importantly, we liked the hospitality from the staff. Both staff members recommended restaurants and flamenco shows that were not tourist traps, but small local spots. Our flat was beautiful, clean, and breakfast was plentiful.

• 27th Dec 2014

Amazing location, super easy to get to from the aerobus, with an amazing and friendly staff, great hostel!

• 27th Dec 2014

This is the first time I spent night in a dorm. And will try again. The hostel is immaculate. The staff is very greeting and helpful. I mean every single person there. All the hostel is cleaned every day. The breakfast is fine. There are lockers and a power outlet inside each locker. There are no wild parties inside, as after 22 you are expected to move from bedroom area. Finally, the hostel is in the heart of the city. Look no further if you are respectable traveller.

Almost perfect!

It's in heart of the central easy to walk everywhere. Very clean! I will chose it definitely when I visit Barcelona again!!

Enjoyed the place, very helpful and friendly staff. Knowledgable about the city's bus and train systems. Each room had a locker with chargers for devices inside. Also had a nice common room for hanging out or watching tv

I really enjoyed my stay at Itaca. It was centrally located in Barcelona's historic Gothic Quarter, and is in easy walking distance to a lot of Barcelona's vibrant night life. The apartment I stayed in was clean and very cozy and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Itaca, I definitely want to go back!

• 13th Dec 2014

Ohh thanks very much for leaving a review! Our apartments are the best, have everything you need to stay like home. We definitely wait you come back to Itaca Hostel. Happy Christmas!

One of the best hostels I stayed across Europe. Location is a plus point. Very near to central, metro and bus stop for the airport shuttle. They provide a locker with a electrical charging point inside. Nice thought.

You made us blush! Thanks for your words and for taking your time. We provide everything you need. The eletrical charging point inside the lockers it's pretty new, we have little details, maybe for this it's make Itaca Hostel in a big experience. Thanks again! Happy Christmas! All the best!

This hostel was GREAT! Staff was excellent, super secure (almost too much, you had to turn your keys into front desk when you left). But I had a fantastic time, everyone was friendly and I met a few travel buddies. Rooms were clean and so were bathrooms/showers. Showers were confusing to use (water kept shutting off after 30 seconds but probably user error). Very easy to get here from metro/aerobus stop. Near EVERYTHING, very walkable.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Unbeatable location, amazing prices, fantastic decor, clean (and smelled really good, which is an odd thing to say I know!), really friendly staff (fluent in English and so happy to give out directions and recommendations), great common space, delicious breakfast...amazing.

Itaca is great! This is my second time staying here and I couldn't speak more highly of the place and the people who run it! Will definitely be back.

Thanks so much for come back to Itaca. We improve our facilities every time we can with a creative things and we our positive thinking. We hope to see you back for third time ;) Cheers!.

Fantastic hostel, not too big, free breakfast was great, obviously owned & run by people who have travelled & stayed in hostels.

Amazing!! We have the best backpackers in Barcelona! Our staff is backpacker, and we collect every experience during the trip to make Itaca Hostel a different hostel. Thanks so much! We will miss you!

The hostel was perfectly situated for our one day stay in Barcelona. It was located close to Plaza Catalunya which provided many dining, site-seeing and public transportation options. The hostel is small but clean and you feel safe. Although you have free WiFi, the connection can be poor in certain areas, but it's a problem that is easily resolved by the desktop station and you are able to print (for a small fee of course). We left too early to taste breakfast so can't comment on that.

Very clean, friendly hostel. Definitely lower key than I expected for Barcelona. If you're traveling in a group and have packed days planned, this is the place for you. This would not be my first recommendation if you're looking to meet people, the common area was quiet and there weren't a ton of hostel organized activities. The location was excellent however and the rooms comfortable.