Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

The foyer was being renovated at the time of my stay so I needed to enter via a side door, but it was well-sign-posted and easy to find.

We are renovating the new reception, it will be finished in a few days. Thanks so much to choose Itaca Hostel and leave a review.

Great service from the staff, very very friendly felt safe, clean and a very relaxed atmosphere. Would stay here again for sure! Only down side was that there was a movie playing in the common room in the early evening (on a Saturday). Not a party or particularly social place for those after that

• 7th Feb 2015

We stayed in the apartment which is just a five minute walk from the main hostel. It had four bedrooms (all with their own locks), a shared bathroom with two showers, a toilet, and kitchen/living room. The location is amazing, right in the Gothic Quarter. The staff is very helpful, we asked people at the desk for restaurant recommendations and loved every where they recommended.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We like to know you had a great time in Barcelona in Itaca Hostel. The double rooms in Beates street are the best, it have everything you need, even WIFI. We hope to see you back! Cheers

Nice and cozy. Nice staff too.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Slovenia

Such an amazing location right in the gothic neighborhood! Staff was very friendly and the staff was very flexible with us as we weren't sure whether we would stay 3 or 4 nights and we ended up deciding last minute to stay 4 nights. Breakfast with cereal and toast is included. The kitchen facilities was also convenient as we were able to cook some of our own meals. We stayed in the ten bed dorm rooms and the bunk beds were very flimsy and loud but other than this no complaints about the hostel.

Thanks for the review! We keep all the facilities in perfect conditions. We will revise those beds to fix these sounds you mean. Your review helps us to improve. We hope to see you again.

the staff were excellent and we really enjoyed having privacy in our own private room. The mattress was a bit droopy and the ambiance would have been better in the common area but our private room was in a separate building. How ever this said it was a great hostel that I would recommend and I would stay in it again.

It was really good hostel everything is goooooooooooooood when i come back to barcelona, i will stay again staff is really kind they helped me everything

Really nice people working there and giving you great advices. Very lovely hostel!

Staff very helpful and friendly !! Loved it !! Very clean and quiet in the apartments. Thanks !!!

Thanks a lot Lara! Was a pleasure for us to stay in our hostel. Hope to see you another time, regards!!!

If you want to be in Barcelona and be in the center of the city there is no place better than Itaca Hostel. It's the best.

Thanks for posting, we're very glad! That's true Itaca is in the center of this amazing city called Barcelona. Hope to see you next time :)

Very small but nice and clean hostel. Best location ever: in a quiet street of the gothic quarter, few steps from the beautiful cathedral. Free walking tours start each day at 11 a.m. from the hostel. Great breakfast included.

During my stay there wasn't really anyone to talk with or hang out with , maybe it was bad timing, but this really depressed me. I had a giant 6 person room to myself. The person at the front desk would chat with me and tell me about great day trips in the city, which I truly appreciated. There is a free breakfast of toast, cereal and orange juice, which I also appreciated. It was free and ample. The greatest thing about this hostel has to be its location, in el Barrio Gothic.

Great location right near the Cathedral and central to tons of things to do. The bathrooms were adequate, but you have no warm water in the sink and have to push the button every 30 seconds to keep the shower going. The rooms were nice and had a decent pillow and blanket, but I still couldn't sleep because every night the common room was supposed to be "silent" by 10 pm but was always loud well into the morning. The only remedy I got for that was "wear earplugs." They do offer laundry service!!

Thanks for the feedback, we apologize about the noise in the common area while you were sleeping. We always try to keep it in silence. About the showers it's a green system to save water and recycle every rubbish. Thanks again, we like to improve every time. We hope to see you back!

Verry frendly staff but, our dustbin would't emptied not a single time in 5 days!!! The heating was not working properly...

• 6th Jan 2015

Itaca is an amazing hostel. I had a great time and made a lot of friends during my stay. I will definitely recommend it to my friends. I had a minor suggestion I mentioned to the owner (forgot her name), which was to use some more of the empty wall space in the bedrooms. Maybe by putting up more hooks or shelves so people can hang and store more stuff.

• 6th Jan 2015

Overall a decent hostel, they don't run organised activities like some but there is sufficient communal area to have a drink/socialise. Only 1 bathroom for each gender which was frustrating at times.

Stayed in their Bates Building about two blocks away from the hostel in El Borne neighborhood. We were on the second floor which was really safe and in such a perfect location to access everything. The showers were cold and it was a little challenging to meet backpackers with only a couple other people in our apartment but the location and actual apartment itself was phenomenal.

• 4th Jan 2015

Best location in Barcelona, could not be more perfect. Very communal atmosphere, and good wifi when you need it! Washing clothes a bit expensive. Security was unusual. Uses keys instead of key cards, so doors were usually left unlocked etc... But I was always asked by staff who hadn't seen me before who I was when entering the hostel and I never saw any weirdos there. It felt safe. Breakfast was reasonable cereal and toast. Room was noisy (thin walls) and one night was stuffy

We stayed in a triple private at the Itaca flat in a separate building from the main hostile. It was more than I could have ever asked for, and for the price unmatched. So clean and everything worked well! More than enough room for all of our belongings. Carrying the luggage up the stairs was rough, but doable. The location is so central, staff was helpful, but their directions were VERY confusing and food suggestions lack luster. But that is a personal opinion more than fact. Overall great!!

• 31st Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, the location couldn't be better, the staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean. But I think the best part of staying here was the awesome people that I met while staying here! I highly recommend this hostel.