Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

Great location and very comfortable, but rooms were quite hot at night and hot water in the shower wasn't that reliable

Stayed in a separate building so can't comment on the main building. Great facilities, very clean and GREAT location. Recommended!

The hostel has a really nice breakfast that is included. We would have liked if the hostel provided some evening activities or at least collaborated with other hostels evening activities. We were also disappointed in the lack of knowledge the front desk staff had with the city transit system as we almost missed our flight because of their inaccurate directions. The hostel is close to restaurants, the market and shopping.

Itaca is a small hostel with superb staff. It was very clean and had lockers for each person in the dorms. There was a big kitchen, eating area, and living room with a tv. It was in the best location right next to Cathedral de Barcelona. Easy to walk to everything and near 2 metro stops. I would definitely recommend this place again!

What a great review! Thanks so much! We would recommend you as a perfect guest :P . The location is perfect, and the facilities too. We don't have words to express our happiness after read your words. Kind regards from all the Itaca staff.

We stayed in the apartment which was great

Thanks very much!! We try to take care in every detail to make an unforgettable experience in Itaca Hostel. Kind regards!

We were staying in another building from the dorms so can't speak for them. The room was nice, kitchen was the best part and breakfast was quite good too. Only downside was that the bathrooms were a bit dirty and there were only two toilets and showers for at least more than eight people. Best thing about the place was the location, close to all the popular sites and quirky areas.

Thanks very much for this review! You were in Beatles apartment, it have 3 double rooms and you shared the bathroom with 6 people only. We clean the bathrooms every day. We apologize if the bathrooms were a bit dirty in those days. We hope to see you again. Kind regards.

I will not spend my words about location,cleanliness,staff... :D Cause i was twice in this hostel,and i'm coming back again,as soon as possible :).Actually,i will say something about the people who are working there >>>Very good job guys,you are really nice and helpful,and alwasy with a smile on face :D.Hasta la próxima!nos vemos pronto!Adeu! ;) Marko,Serbia

You're making us blush! Thanks a lot for your fantastic words. The lovely guests like you make Itaca Hostel a great place stay, off course the great staff that works here too! Thanks again. We hope to see you soon again!!

great staff,location,value.what more?

Thanks for taking your time to leave a review!! Hopefully we will see you in the future!

Really great place has a really homey vibe! great for meeting people,

Thank for taking your time to leave a review! The guests like you make good vibes in Itaca hostel!! We hope to see you in the future! Kind regards from all Itaca staff!!

Loved this hostel! Beds and lockers in dorm rooms were great. Great common room, kitchen and eating area. Small hostel which made it a comfortable environment with lots of attention from staff when needed. Location is amazing for the price. Would recommend for sure :)

We love you! Thanks a lot for this fantastic review. We are little hostel and we are close each other, for these reason the guest can feel like home. We appreciate your comment, it's gratefully reading this kind of reviews. We hope to see you again. Keep on rocking!

Average hostel, not very sociable though. The common room closes at night. If you want to party, its not really the place to stay. Located right next to La Rambla, which has its ups and downs; it's a super touristy area and kind of far to go anywhere else and the metro is expensive so it'll cost you. But it's a clean place, good price, good kitchen

This place is just what you need when you want somewhere central but quiet,a popular hostel but small/private and a place you don't jut sleep but can also hang out and to have some downtime. Perfect stay for us as a young couple.

• 27th May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one night in the mixed dorm and I liked that we got lockers (large enough for all of our luggage!) for free. We were in the twin private room for the rest of the week, and it was like having a hotel room for a fraction of the price! Private bathroom, though we had to use the showers in the shared bathroom, which had hot water most of the time. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Loved free coffee all day!

• 27th May 2014

Thank you for your fantastic words! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at Itaca Hostel Barcelona and we hope to see you back here one day. Keep on rocking in the free world!! Thanks ;)

The location of the hostel was excellent, right in the center of Barcelona and very close to metro stations. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were OK, with nice lockers, and the internet was also good. The breakfast was plain, but not an issue. And the common room was nice. I really liked it and intend to go back to this hostel in my next trips to Barcelona!

It's got a fabulous location, right in the Gothic center of the city. It's been very clean, the two times I've stayed, and the wifi has been upgraded and worked like a charm. Breakfast in is great, so you don't have to scramble for something before walking around. Showers were fine, and you get a good sized locker per person who checks in. Probably my favourite hostel that I've stayed in.

You made blush us! Thanks for visiting us another time. We work for guest like you, lovely guests. We upgrade the wifi connection to keep the signal in all the building. Thanks again, we hope to see you a third time in Barcelona. Take care, kind regards from all Itaca staff.

I really enjoy those days I stayed there. After I arrived, my friend told me it is recommended by the "lonely planet". It's excellent!

Great central, friendly and relaxed place to stay.

Everything was clean, good spacious lockers! Guests had to be buzzed in, but reception was 24/7 so this didn't take more time than opening the door with a key, and security is a HUGE plus in Barcelona - I got my purse stolen and one of the hostel employees gave me 10 euros! Staff is super friendly and helpful. Very close to a metro and right in Plaça de Cataluyna, good spot.

Hostel is very good roganized,wondrful people are working in that hostel.always with smile,and helpful.I really can't wait to com back again to this hostel.Hasta luego! ;)

Very friendly staff. Excellent location, rooms are very clean as well. I had a shared dorm as well as a private room during my stay. Private room is a shared apartment with common kitchen and bathroom. If taking aerobus to city centre walk back opposite the direction of the bus and go straight down that Main Street, the cathedral will be on your left in a big square (possibly with a mideval market on) then follow Itaca directions. It's 2minutes from the cathedral

Wow!! Thanks for explain so well where is Itaca and how to get. It's exactly the right way. We appreciate your beautiful words. Hopefully you will come back and see us again sometime! Kind regards.