Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

Lots of stairs for heavy luggage

Fantastic place to stay in Barcelona! This is not a party hostel, but staff are very helpful if you want to check out nightlife. The staff were incredibly genuine and really went the extra mile to give quality recommendations and be helpful generally. Great beds and lots of sleep...outlets in lockers which was nice. breakfast was simple and plentiful.

The hostel was very safe and extremely clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The showers were hot and there were plenty of hooks provided. The room we were in had a balcony with a drying rack, and the room had two ceiling fans. Each person gets two outlets, one of which is in a locker, which they provide the key for at no charge! The only drawback was that the bed i was in (blue room #1) was ridiculously squeaky! It was very loud and squeaked even when I barely moved-- please fix!!

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Wish that there had been a better breakfast variety, but at least there was food. Only two showers in the girls bathroom, so that was a struggle in the morning. Overall nice hostel, though.

• 24th Apr 2015

calm hostel. no party hostel. really nice staff and cosy atmosphere

The room was nice, average. We didn´t have any problm with noise (but thanks to our neighbours, walls are very thin). The breakfast cwas poor, only cereals and marmalades, so we bought some cheese in the supermarket nearby). I would definetely recommend this hostel - great location, safe and clean hostel.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Really nice place. Great location and great staff. The only minor drawback was too little stuff for included breakfast. When we got to the kitchen half an hour after the breakfast started, there was barely any bread and no coffee at all. We still could get some cereal and tea, so it wasn't THAT bad ;)

Thanks for the review! We do coffee all the time in the breakfast, sometimes you should wait until is ready, but we will take more care about it. We will waiting you come back!

Great service :)

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Thanks so much for your review! We work really good when have special guest like you! We hope to see you back! Cheers!

A perfect hostel, right in the center and near plaza catalonia, from where a lot buses depart to all the directions. Nights were calm. The biggest advantage is locker, which is divided for 2 parts, one for bag and another for charging your device safely! Breakfast was good and staff was very helpful, thanks Nuria. I spent only 1 night and there was one guy soaring like nobody hasn't slept but I don't think that it is a problem of hostel. Shower and toilet was very good, without queues. Perfect!

Very glad for your review. Hope to see you back again :)

Great, friendly staff. Very clean rooms. Will definitely be back. Thanks for everything

We've passed a perfect weekend in this amazing hostel just a few meters from the Cathedral. The location is perfect and the atmosphere is very good, thanks!

Thanks !! That's true our location is great. You could visit everything just walking!! That's great!!

Great place, very clean. Lockers had own locks, and OUTLETS INSIDE so you can charge phone securely. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the people I stayed with were nice. There was always something to do since they had boardgames, a TV, and a guitar (which anyone can play) in the common room. There were also shelves next to the beds (which were clean and comfortable). The top bunks (where I slept) weren't too high or too low. Each room also had a small balcony.

• 26th Mar 2015

Walker first thanks for your review, very glad to read your words. We really like to keep our customers busy with movies, boardgames and our great guitar!! Barcelona isn't for get bored, don't you think? Best regards!

Perfect hostel for digital nomads! :) Small and quiet with a very friendly staff, feels more like a shared home than a hostel, best way to connect with other people. Other advantages for digital nomads: wifi is good and the staff really cares about it, low risks for your belongings being stolen (they even have plugs in the lockers). No big parties in the hostel, you can even work there in the evening. And when work is over, you're 5 min walk away from Barcelona's nightlife. What else?

• 24th Mar 2015

enjoyed my stay there very much!

Thanks a lot for your words ! Hope to see you again!

I would take this hostel over a hotel any day! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, willing to talk, let you practice any language they knew (many knew at least 3), with tons of helpful advise on what to do where to go! I was a solo female traveler, and stayed in a co ed room. I ended up being the only female in the room but I felt perfectly safe and enjoyed conversing with my roommates! The atmosphere felt very home-like and I felt very comfortable in all parts of the hostel!

We spend one night in the newer Doble Beates apartment and one night in the main hostel. Doble Beates was really great and very clean. I think it has 3 doubles. Doesn't have the atmosphere of the main hostel but is still very nice for the privacy. The only negative was the walls were thin and we could hear anyone speaking in the kitchen. Main hostel is pretty typical and has a young fun vibe. We stayed in the private twin which has its own sink and toilet. Both are in a fantastic location

• 20th Mar 2015

Alright! So you know all our secrets. First thank you for sharing your experience here, its so helpul for other backpackers and for us as well. As you know Itaca have a good vibes everywhere, probably it's because we have the best guest in town. Tell us you will come back!Alright! So you know all our secrets.

My stay at Itaca hostel was amazing! The atmosphere of the hostel and the people working there really added a lot to my experience in Barcelona. The common areas were very inviting, there were always people in there hanging out and I met a lot of cool people at the hostel, there was a great sense of community. The people working at the hostel were very helpful and went out of their way to make sure everyone had a good time.

We feel very happy reading your review! We're really glad that you enjoyed your stay in Itaca!! Our customers are the best in the whole city!!!!

Very friendly people made us feel like home. Thanks for all the recommendations you gave us, places to see, how to get ther.

• 18th Mar 2015

Ohh so many thanks! We like when the people feel like home in Itaca.. that's what we try! Our team mates know beatiful sights to visit and the best bars or pubs to hang out and get a drink. We hope to see you back! cheers!

Great location! The staff was great and their recommendations for food were on point. Linens changed daily. A deposit for a locker key is returned at the end of the stay. I loved it. I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend. Bring your own shower towel, or you have to pay to use theirs. Breakfast included. Wifi was ok, but poor at prime times.

• 16th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review. We are trying to improve our wifi connection to be more powerful! Best regards!!

Great little place in an excellent location close to the Cathedral. Comfortable stay, welcoming and helpful staff, clean, comfortable and a free breakfast every morning!

• 15th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review, very glad that you loved it! Best regards !!