Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

I've paid 46.5 euro for deposit when I booked the hostel on their website. However the hostel has only 24 euro for me... The Manager said "Other money was lost, because you changed your booking". Yes,.I've changed my plan, especially I added more 2 night, but I don't know why are they lost my money. The manager also said "Because Hostel world didn't paid us. So if you want,". She also said "You can ask Hostel world. Not my fault." She isn't kindly but other staff was very nice.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Japan

The deposit you paid was to Hostelworld not Itaca Hostel so when you changed your booking with them you lost your deposit, so that you didn't lose all the money we reduced your bill by 12% which is how much you pay hostelworld.

The best Hostel I have ever stayed in. Great Atmosphere, cosy rooms and super helpful staff! The only thing I could complain a little about was breakfast - how about bringing in some variety? :-) Besides, love you guys and going to visit you again!

What a great review! Thanks for taking your time to leave a review. We offer a free breakfast, it's just to start the day with a coffee and bread with jam and cereals. We will try to improve it. We hope to see you soon. Kind regards!

Simple, cozy and friendly. Exactly what I was hoping for. The bed in the dorm seemed alright. Slept well. Can be somewhat noisy with windows open, but that should be expected for city centre location. You can also hear through the walls, so bring earplugs :-) good value, will book it again.

Note if you book a private room you stay in the flats close by, on arrival a 50 euro deposit is asked for. This is not mentioned upon booking. We were told the room would be cleaned daily, we stayed for 5 days and room was not cleaned or towels changed in this time. Location is very good.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding but in the confirmation mail that we send it explains that there is a 50€ deposit to be left. We clean the floors and bathroom every day so we were surprised at your comment. We don't change the towels every day, normally every three days. If your towels were not changed we can only apologize and hope it didn't spoil your stay with us.

Great hostel, great location, great mix of people and unbelievably cost effective. Loved the free breakfast! :D

• 14th Apr 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We are in the city centre. You can pretty much walk to anywhere in the centre. We hope to see you in the future! kind regards.

Stay at Itaca! It's a beautiful place, and everyone else staying there seemed to feel the same way. Clean, warm, great atmosphere, friendly staff, and a simple but generous free breakfast. Great location and prices. An excellent base for visiting Barcelona.

Ohh what a great review!! Thanks very much for visiting our home, Itaca. We're glad when we read these wonderful words from us. Thanks very much. Kind regards

A homely atmosphere and generous breakfast. Cheers!

Thanks very much!! We try to take care in every detail to make an unforgettable experience in Itaca Hostel. Cheers!!

Great location right by the cathedral, helpful staff.

Thanks very much for taking your time. Kind regards from all staff.

cute place, terrific location in the middle of bari gotic, very close to the cathedral and lots of nightlife hotspots, nice staff, decent free breakfast, wifi everywhere, and for a very reasonable price. i would stay here again for sure.

We stayed in the hostel'a apartment, a short distance away. It was great value for money.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We stayed in the apartment Beates. It was a wonderful stay. Room for 4 persons is spacious. The beds are very comfortable. Apartmanet is cleaned every day. It was a great time in Barcelona!

It's wonderful to read the great reviews like this one, thanks very much. We really appreciate it. King regards from all Itaca.

all of the staff we met were extremely friendly and very helpful! rooms & beds were nice, everything seemed very clean. the common room is a nice addition, as is the kitchen/breakfast area. a slightly hidden gem! friendly atmosphere is great for meeting people :) only complaint is the coffee...

Superb all round. Very friendly staff and great facilities.

• 31st Mar 2014

Really nice place,close to everything you need and all sightseeing things. Staff are so friendly and helpful,always giving a variety of suggestions. Definitely go visit! :-)

• 29th Mar 2014

As advertised, Itaca is a small, quiet hostel right in the center of Barcelona. The staff were very friendly, and let me use the facilities way before check in time. Beds were comfortable, and clean. Kitchen was okay, but not huge and I reckon it could get pretty busy. The people around in the hostel when I was there were friendly, but not overly social. A bunch of people did come in late and proceed to make quite a lot of noise, but they were shut-up within about 30 minutes.

We had a very pleasant stay at the Itaca Hostel. The room was clean, bathroom was clean and the breakfast was very good (Bread with different kinds of jam, cornflakes, muesli tea or coffee). The location 3min to Place Catalunya, there's also a supermarket in the neighbourhood... I would stay there again !

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Thanks for your wonderful review. What can we say when we have a lovely guest like you, really we love your words. Thanks very much. Kind regards from all the Itaca's staff.

Very friendly staff!! and I like that it is centrally located! :)

Excellent location and a good basic level of accomodation provided. Stayed in Doble Beates essentially a converted 1st floor aprtment in a very quiet residential street right in the centre of the Gothic Area and close to the main cathedral

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We designed Double Beatles with a lot of love for our guests. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much and see you soon. Kind regards.

I don't think I can find a flaw?. The staff were helpful & freindly, the apartment was in a fantastic location & all round it was good value with everyuthing we needed & clean!. What can you say: 10 out of 10.

• 7th Mar 2014

We appreciate your words, we do our best for our guest can feel like home. Thank you very much for leaving your words and we hope to see you in the future. King regards.

Dear staff at Itaca hostel, we enjoyed our stay in your Monec-apartement very much! And someday, we will return again! You were friendly and relaxed and we got all the information (metro etc...) we needed. And Barcelona is a amazing town... Best wishes, Christine

• 4th Mar 2014

Ohh!! The Monec apartment is really nice, have everything you need. We're really glad to read your words, is amazing meet people like you while we are working. We hope to see you in the future. Kind regards from all the staff. Thanks very much indeed.