Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

I had a very enjoyable stay at Itaca! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was ideal since the cathedral serves as a good locator for the hostel. My fellow hostel mates were welcoming as we shared a comfortable home together. I would definitely recommend staying at Itaca :D

We like to read your words! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're close from everything in Barcelona and our facilities are pretty nice aren't it? We have the best guest in Barcelona probably.. We hope to see you back!! Cheers!

Absolutely great staff and fellow guests. Nice common room, kitchen a little small, but most people enjoyed the restaurants of Barcelona, so it wasn't a problem. The normal entrance was being renovated during my stay, so I look forward to going back another time.

• 10th Mar 2015

Thanks for your post. We are opening the new reception during this week, it will be nice to see you again!!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are really helpful and cab offer good advice on how to get about the city, and what is worth a visit. Breakfast was good too. It's in a great location right next to the Cathedral in the gothic part of the city. in walking distance to the port/beach and lots of metro stops nearby. I did the walking tour from here too which was really good, very informative. I would definitely stay here again ☺

• 10th Mar 2015

What a great review! We know really well Barcelona, and we like to choose the best choice for the guest depending what you like for visiting. Our location is the best, just in the middle in of Barcelona. Thanks for the review it's amazing. We hope to see you again!! Kind regards.

Itica apartments were wonderful and quiet! A perfect place to stay for those looking to get excellent rest to explore the city. I would stay here again without question.

Thanks for taking your time. Itaca apartment is so quiet and very special for a friends or couples that the want to discover Barcelona in a different way. We will waiting you. Cheers!

My stay at the Itaca was great. I really appreciated that there was wifi in the rooms, outlets for every bed and a small bedside shelf. The small things matter. Also, I forgot shampoo and the free toiletries shelf in the bathroom was very nice. The breakfast of musli was great and I appreciate that they had a kitchen and fridge for guests. Also, the lounge room was very chill and the staff was very helpful. The location was supreme and I will definitely stay at this hostel again if I come back.

I think that the rating of 92% is too high for the reality of the hostel. It's not too bad, but not too good either. It didn't look as good as it seems in the pictures. We didn't even see most of the rooms, dinning rooms and kitchens that they show in the pictures. They said that the reception was under construction, so we never got to see it. They used a small table at the back kitchen. Breakfast is simple. The room smelled. Hot water finishes if a lot of people take showers at the same time.

Wonderful staff and pretty much the best location.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Thanks so much!! Our work colleagues are the best also the guest off course. We hope to see you back in Itaca a keep rocking in the free world! All the best!

Great location, staff very friendly and helpful. The only drawback is the bathroom (men), with only 2 showers and 1 toilet. But anyway, I'd definitely go back to Itaca!

Thanks for taking you time to leave a review! We hope to see you back!! Cheers!

I loved this hostel! The location is amazing, right in the middle of the gothic quarter and steps from the cathedral. Rooms were tidy and bathrooms clean. Staff was very helpful as well! I would definitely stay again when I'm in Barcelona next!

Absolutely fantastic stay! They gave us a private room in a flat that had a living room, kitchen, a full bathroom, and another half bath. The room itself (a 4 person) was huge. The location was right next to the Barcelona Cathedral, so a great place to be, and very close to the coast and multiple metro lines. I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Barcelona, and would suggest the hostel to all of my friends.

• 16th Feb 2015

Ohhh Thanks so much for taking your time to leave a review!! That's awesome. We created the Beates apartment with all our love. It have everything you need and more. We like to know you enjoyed Barcelona with us. We hope to see you back. Cheers!

Smaller than expected. Very quiet not a place for partiers. Got yelled at for being too loud. But it was a great location and good atmosphere with a nice kitchen. Under construction which I didn't really like. The staff were helpful and answered all our questions

• 13th Feb 2015

We enjoyed the hostel very much. The location was perfect and the staff was extremely helpful. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Thanks so much! We are in the city centre, where everything happens. We enjoyed too with your stay. We wish you come back soon.

Wonderfully warm staff, adorable and quiet accommodation, perfect for some well-needed rest during traveling. Almost literally across the street from the Barcelona Cathedral, the location doesn't get any better! Reliable wifi and plugs inside lockers for safe charging!

Thanks for the review. It seems we are friends... hehe. We install electrical plugs to charge the devices. Is it helpful, isn't it? We like to take care in the little details. And the wifi is our strong point, it's so powerful, optic line. Will we see you soon? We hope so. Thanks again!

The foyer was being renovated at the time of my stay so I needed to enter via a side door, but it was well-sign-posted and easy to find.

We are renovating the new reception, it will be finished in a few days. Thanks so much to choose Itaca Hostel and leave a review.

Great service from the staff, very very friendly felt safe, clean and a very relaxed atmosphere. Would stay here again for sure! Only down side was that there was a movie playing in the common room in the early evening (on a Saturday). Not a party or particularly social place for those after that

• 7th Feb 2015

We stayed in the apartment which is just a five minute walk from the main hostel. It had four bedrooms (all with their own locks), a shared bathroom with two showers, a toilet, and kitchen/living room. The location is amazing, right in the Gothic Quarter. The staff is very helpful, we asked people at the desk for restaurant recommendations and loved every where they recommended.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We like to know you had a great time in Barcelona in Itaca Hostel. The double rooms in Beates street are the best, it have everything you need, even WIFI. We hope to see you back! Cheers

Nice and cozy. Nice staff too.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Slovenia

Such an amazing location right in the gothic neighborhood! Staff was very friendly and the staff was very flexible with us as we weren't sure whether we would stay 3 or 4 nights and we ended up deciding last minute to stay 4 nights. Breakfast with cereal and toast is included. The kitchen facilities was also convenient as we were able to cook some of our own meals. We stayed in the ten bed dorm rooms and the bunk beds were very flimsy and loud but other than this no complaints about the hostel.

Thanks for the review! We keep all the facilities in perfect conditions. We will revise those beds to fix these sounds you mean. Your review helps us to improve. We hope to see you again.

the staff were excellent and we really enjoyed having privacy in our own private room. The mattress was a bit droopy and the ambiance would have been better in the common area but our private room was in a separate building. How ever this said it was a great hostel that I would recommend and I would stay in it again.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »