Itaca Hostel Reviews

Ripoll, 21, Barcelona, Spain

Everything was clean, good spacious lockers! Guests had to be buzzed in, but reception was 24/7 so this didn't take more time than opening the door with a key, and security is a HUGE plus in Barcelona - I got my purse stolen and one of the hostel employees gave me 10 euros! Staff is super friendly and helpful. Very close to a metro and right in Plaça de Cataluyna, good spot.

Hostel is very good roganized,wondrful people are working in that hostel.always with smile,and helpful.I really can't wait to com back again to this hostel.Hasta luego! ;)

Very friendly staff. Excellent location, rooms are very clean as well. I had a shared dorm as well as a private room during my stay. Private room is a shared apartment with common kitchen and bathroom. If taking aerobus to city centre walk back opposite the direction of the bus and go straight down that Main Street, the cathedral will be on your left in a big square (possibly with a mideval market on) then follow Itaca directions. It's 2minutes from the cathedral

Wow!! Thanks for explain so well where is Itaca and how to get. It's exactly the right way. We appreciate your beautiful words. Hopefully you will come back and see us again sometime! Kind regards.

Very nice staff with good facilities! Free breakfast and a perfect location!

• 16th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks so much for visiting us. The free breakfast is great and the Itaca staff is awesome too. We hope to see you another time.

Small hostel in a great location. Could do with more showers but other that that it was great

Thanks for taking your time to leave a review!! We are in quiet place just in middle of Barcelona. We hope to see you back here one day!

I had a great time at the hostel. It felt homey, the staff were all really kind and helpful, and the location was decent. My only complaint is that the showers do not work well - the temperature of the water would fluctuate a ton between scalding hot and freezing, with little in between.

We're glad we read you spent a great time with us. Thanks so much for your words. About the showers we installed a new hot water system one week ago. We hope the temperature of water don't fluctuate anymore. Thanks again.

Absolutely lovely! Great staff, very chilled out. Loved it.

Oh!! Thanks very much for your review. We love the guests like you. Hopefully we see you another time in the future. Kind regards from all the itaca staff.

What a great hostel! A prime location (near the beach, near the center of Barcelona), very friendly staff, and awesome murals in the stairwell! I was very happy in Itaca, and will definitely go there again if/when I return to Barcelona! The only thing I can think to complain about is the showers... hot water was available only intermittently (depending on time of day). In conclusion, I much recommend this hostel.

• 9th May 2014

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. About the hot water is available 24 hours but if all the hostel is using it maybe it could be intermittently. We apologize and we will try to fix it. Hopefully we will see you again one day!

I've paid 46.5 euro for deposit when I booked the hostel on their website. However the hostel has only 24 euro for me... The Manager said "Other money was lost, because you changed your booking". Yes,.I've changed my plan, especially I added more 2 night, but I don't know why are they lost my money. The manager also said "Because Hostel world didn't paid us. So if you want,". She also said "You can ask Hostel world. Not my fault." She isn't kindly but other staff was very nice.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Japan

The deposit you paid was to Hostelworld not Itaca Hostel so when you changed your booking with them you lost your deposit, so that you didn't lose all the money we reduced your bill by 12% which is how much you pay hostelworld.

The best Hostel I have ever stayed in. Great Atmosphere, cosy rooms and super helpful staff! The only thing I could complain a little about was breakfast - how about bringing in some variety? :-) Besides, love you guys and going to visit you again!

What a great review! Thanks for taking your time to leave a review. We offer a free breakfast, it's just to start the day with a coffee and bread with jam and cereals. We will try to improve it. We hope to see you soon. Kind regards!

Simple, cozy and friendly. Exactly what I was hoping for. The bed in the dorm seemed alright. Slept well. Can be somewhat noisy with windows open, but that should be expected for city centre location. You can also hear through the walls, so bring earplugs :-) good value, will book it again.

Note if you book a private room you stay in the flats close by, on arrival a 50 euro deposit is asked for. This is not mentioned upon booking. We were told the room would be cleaned daily, we stayed for 5 days and room was not cleaned or towels changed in this time. Location is very good.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding but in the confirmation mail that we send it explains that there is a 50€ deposit to be left. We clean the floors and bathroom every day so we were surprised at your comment. We don't change the towels every day, normally every three days. If your towels were not changed we can only apologize and hope it didn't spoil your stay with us.

Great hostel, great location, great mix of people and unbelievably cost effective. Loved the free breakfast! :D

• 14th Apr 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We are in the city centre. You can pretty much walk to anywhere in the centre. We hope to see you in the future! kind regards.

Stay at Itaca! It's a beautiful place, and everyone else staying there seemed to feel the same way. Clean, warm, great atmosphere, friendly staff, and a simple but generous free breakfast. Great location and prices. An excellent base for visiting Barcelona.

Ohh what a great review!! Thanks very much for visiting our home, Itaca. We're glad when we read these wonderful words from us. Thanks very much. Kind regards

A homely atmosphere and generous breakfast. Cheers!

Thanks very much!! We try to take care in every detail to make an unforgettable experience in Itaca Hostel. Cheers!!

Great location right by the cathedral, helpful staff.

Thanks very much for taking your time. Kind regards from all staff.

cute place, terrific location in the middle of bari gotic, very close to the cathedral and lots of nightlife hotspots, nice staff, decent free breakfast, wifi everywhere, and for a very reasonable price. i would stay here again for sure.

We stayed in the hostel'a apartment, a short distance away. It was great value for money.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We stayed in the apartment Beates. It was a wonderful stay. Room for 4 persons is spacious. The beds are very comfortable. Apartmanet is cleaned every day. It was a great time in Barcelona!

It's wonderful to read the great reviews like this one, thanks very much. We really appreciate it. King regards from all Itaca.

all of the staff we met were extremely friendly and very helpful! rooms & beds were nice, everything seemed very clean. the common room is a nice addition, as is the kitchen/breakfast area. a slightly hidden gem! friendly atmosphere is great for meeting people :) only complaint is the coffee...