Itaka Hostel Reviews

Ar�stides Villanueva 480, Mendoza, Argentina

The overall stay was ok. You can see the hostel has once been in a really good shape, but now many small basic things were lacking (never toilet paper, no rubbish anywhere, breakfast just two pieces of white bread and drinks, lock in toilet didn't work, not hot water in every shower etc.). Location is really good and tours easy to book from front desk.

Very disappointed with the service here , our room was filthy ,dirty stained pillows and poor bed linen . The bathrooms upstairs had no hot water and leaking toilets plus no toilet bins emptied when we arrived and still the same the next evening when we left consequently soiled paper all over the floor ! Downstairs bathrooms had hot water but doors didn't close . Breakfast was a joke , we moved hostels and our second hostel with no recommendations was immaculate .

• 3rd Apr 2015

Bad services.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

The first receptionnist only showed me my room, did not explain anyting else. I did not like it ! Water was off when i arrived and still off the next morning. Not very cool when its 35 celsius outside. At midnght when i returned, the receptilnist offered me to go to the bathroom to their sister hostel, 2 blocks further... Thankfully the swimming pool was fresh. Breakfast is average, refrigerator is not working, i had to use the freezer to have cold water, again not very nice when its 35 °(

I enjoyed my time at the hostel. The pool and the garden area are great. Staff is friendly. But they could do a lot more with this place. There are almost no things in the kitchen to cook with, the breakfast is really basic. But all in all a good place to stay in Mendoza. The 8 bed dorm is probably the best to stay in.

Staff were very busy and simple requests like bed sheets to place over bare mattresses took hours to satisfy. When I got linen, it barely covered the top of the mattress. Aesthetics were lacking, but the bathrooms were endured only because we had no choice. Noise was an issue within the walls of the property as it sits in a rather quiet part of the city.