Itaka Hostel Reviews

Ar�stides Villanueva 480, Mendoza, Argentina

Excellent location and hardware with good price. But if you opt for more, probably you need to go somewhere else. The management of this place is a mess. They put industrial package of cereals without milk and bread on the table to serve. Toilet never fill with tissue paper. I was trying to book a tour with them but the staff told me they don't have a phone to call..

This hostel is very helpful and the location is the best, which is in the main street in the city.The room and bathroom are good and they have a simple breakfast, which is good too. I've just spent one night there, however I could not choose a better place to stay .

Thanks for all your help Facundo! And the rest of the staff. Had a great stay there! Adam & Jamie

• 30th Jun 2015

Great value for dorms, however, sheets aren't always changed, not enough lockers but comfy beds and a nice fire to warm you up. The staff are helpful and informative about activities, pool table needs some TLC.

The overall stay was ok. You can see the hostel has once been in a really good shape, but now many small basic things were lacking (never toilet paper, no rubbish anywhere, breakfast just two pieces of white bread and drinks, lock in toilet didn't work, not hot water in every shower etc.). Location is really good and tours easy to book from front desk.

Very disappointed with the service here , our room was filthy ,dirty stained pillows and poor bed linen . The bathrooms upstairs had no hot water and leaking toilets plus no toilet bins emptied when we arrived and still the same the next evening when we left consequently soiled paper all over the floor ! Downstairs bathrooms had hot water but doors didn't close . Breakfast was a joke , we moved hostels and our second hostel with no recommendations was immaculate .

• 3rd Apr 2015

Bad services.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

The first receptionnist only showed me my room, did not explain anyting else. I did not like it ! Water was off when i arrived and still off the next morning. Not very cool when its 35 celsius outside. At midnght when i returned, the receptilnist offered me to go to the bathroom to their sister hostel, 2 blocks further... Thankfully the swimming pool was fresh. Breakfast is average, refrigerator is not working, i had to use the freezer to have cold water, again not very nice when its 35 °(

I enjoyed my time at the hostel. The pool and the garden area are great. Staff is friendly. But they could do a lot more with this place. There are almost no things in the kitchen to cook with, the breakfast is really basic. But all in all a good place to stay in Mendoza. The 8 bed dorm is probably the best to stay in.