Itinere Hostel Reviews

Calle Natalio Rivas, 1, Granada, Spain

Hello,I have had a nice stay at the hostel,thank you very much for your kindness,but the English guy there is quite rude and unfriendly.I have wished him a good meal once, and when I was later on there eating too, he did not say anything. He was always very busy with his Facebook looking for something that he is probably missing where he is now.I hope he will change his attitude to be more positive, but to me, it was kind of uncomfortable to talk to him.

Strange mix of good and bad. There were nice people there, the location is fine. When you enter the front gate, there isn't a single sign or instruction for where to go. If you arrive at night the lights are completely off, and you're expected to find your way in total darkness a few stories up to a door that contains the reception area. The levels and doors within the building are not labeled at all. Very minimal effort would be required to fix the issues, yet the staff didn't care to address..

Just one comment about staff knowledge: the co-owner told us when we arrived about a 9:30 AM walking tour every day, then when we went to follow-up with other staff the next day they did not know about this tour! We had to find it ourselves.

When I was here there were few people in the hostel, but the staff was absolutely AMAZING. Most of them were volunteers just working for a little while, but they welcomed me with open arms. I even had a little confusion with the check in time and they were so understanding. (Make sure if you are coming on a Spanish holiday that you come when you say you are checking in). Great walking distance to shops, warm blankets and heat for when it is cold. They will hold your luggage while u explore.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Leaving before the sun was up was a bit of a problem. The halls were pitch dark and I couldn't find the lights.

Personally, next time I go to Granada I'll be looking for somewhere else to stay. That said, this place isn't all bad - not by a long shot. But I didn't like the bathroom set-up: too many people sharing too few facilities, hot water ran out (but as soon as staff were notified they changed the gas canister), toilet paper ran out from time to time. The bedroom (a 4-bed) was fine - lots of space, high ceilings, comfy bunks etc. Kitchen/dinig room area was a bit cramped and food ran out.

I absolutely loved this hostel. I felt instantly at home and welcomed by the staff. The common rooms and kitchen are like homes from home and the place has a warm, friendly vibe. Loved all the little extra touches - the pretty rooms and aromatherapy smells. The breakfast was delicious - included homemade bread and really good strong coffee... I had a private room which was clean and comfy. I can't really recommend the place highly enough!

• 14th Sep 2015

The staff, specially Monica were really friendly and efficient , we found the hostel Ok but Monica snd all her effort made it special.

The staff were lovely and friendly but the place felt run-down. The toilet was so close to the bath that you could only sit on it sideways. The huge locked metal grill across the entrance and the need for keys to each floor as well as the front entrance grill and room door made me feel really uneasy, as if the hostel were expecting people to break in. The lift was tiny and only worked once the outer door clicked shut - which it often didn't so you had to hold it shut and press the button

Stayed here last year, was happy to stay again. Good location, spacious room (4 bed dorm, was solo 1 night!). Breakfast is cereal and toast. Not super social because it's on 3 floors but very nice.