Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Italy

My friend and I booked out hostel here about a week in advance and paid the 8 dollar deposit. We knew that We would have to have somewhere close to the terminal because we are two women traveling alone and getting in at around midnight. We arrived at the hostel only ro find that it had been shut down earlier that morning. We received no email or any kind of notification. We were then stranded with no place in a foreign country. The man at the Ivanhoe HOTEL was incredibly kind and helped.

• 18th Nov 2014

great time, fun and got lucky. Highly recommended

• 13th Nov 2014

We stayed in a packed 14 bed room without enough space for the door to open properly. There are not enough lockers for everyone and no luggage storage room. We had to leave our things in the corridor and leave because they are remodeling so no one can stay in from 11 to 16. They encourage partying at the hostel so it is noisy all night. The power plugs in our room were not working. They do not offer linen and everyone sleeps with their clothes so the blankets are dirty. Bathroom was acceptable.

The staff were wonderful, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Also they sometimes cook lunches and dinners and the guests are welcome to eat too, it's a lovely feature. Strongly recommend it for people looking to be social.

• 8th Nov 2014

Absolutely loved this place; the staff was super awesome and friendly, made us pasta for dinner, very helpful in any questions, and location is PRIME. Seriously so close to everything. You are minutes from anything and the area is so safe, felt completely fine walking around at night alone. We were hesitant to stay here, but it is def one of the best hostels I have stayed at in europe, especially for the price. And unless you are a complete princess about cleanliness, this place is fine.

• 6th Nov 2014

This was definitely a party hostel. If you don't mind going to bed late or partying every night then this is the hostel you want to stay at. The staff was very nice, and helpful. Good location, just had to walk a little bit to get to the center, although there is a metro station right near the hostel. There is a kitchen to cook. Wifi was in and out when I stayed there. The bathrooms were clean, hot showers!! Security was good.There are lockers in the rooms, bring your own lock though!

A good party hostel in the center of Rome! The staff is really kind and loves to organize group events at night, including a free pasta dinner one night. If you're into getting a full night's sleep, maybe not the best hostel for you, but great for those who like to experience a little night life and meet some cool people.

• 24th Oct 2014

My stay here was great! All the staff members were extremely nice and helpful. From giving us free drinks to cooking us free dinner! (Thanks sandy, you're a great cook haha) Every night they take you out, but first you play fun drinking games with everyone staying there while listening to music by DJ Justin. If you want to sleep by 12 everything is quite. Just for €2 you have breakfast, including the best coffee and cake made my Sunny. Thanks guys, had a great time in Rome thanks to you!

• 24th Oct 2014

Ivanhoe is an overlooked gem tucked in the best streets of Rome center. I arrived looking for a spot in a good location to have fun, and meet interesting people. I received all of that, and SO much more. I developed a bad cold before arrival, and they took care of me as they would their family. They have free dinner nights, free drink nights, games, parties, and are only blocks from the Colosseum! ! I walked away from the hostel LOVING Rome, and w/ friends for life. IVANHOE IS THE BEST!!!

• 24th Oct 2014

if you want to party in rome, stay here.

if you want rome, stay here, close to main attractions, look up great clubs to go instead of following the crowd. Great party hostel for pregame an meeting people.

Fantastic hostel except for sleep. Friendly staff, unbeatable location, good kitchen, easy to meet people. The party music stops by midnight every night, which is kind, and not the problem. The fact is every noise in the main area is heard inside your room, so light sleepers, beware.

Very drab hostel, uncomfortable beds, small toilets, incredeble drab rooms, was very dissapointed, the worst hostel I have ever been for this price. Room's door without ant locker, unsafe, last night come to our room some guy with a light and in the middle of night was looking for something, could be a rubber, but fortunatelly I didnt sleep and start to scrim so he go out of the room.

The hostel is not that easy to find. But the dynamic and atmosphere was great, beerpong and drinkinggames almost every night. The hostel is located perfectly in the city, close to everything really. I had a great stay and met a lot of nice people

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

My stay in the hostel was great... great atmosphere. And the staff really good... sandy and the others always making activities for all !!! Sebastian

Great party place! We loved meeting people and its pretty centrally located in Rome. The doors didnt lock however (there was a lock box in the room) and the bathrooms were just okay. You could buy cheap alcohol in the place and beer pong or pasta nights were very fun.

• 10th Oct 2014

It's a party hostel. People stay up playing beer pong outside your door until 12am so you can't sleep before then. The hostel was quite hard to find, that was the only security feature as there were no locks to get in to the hostel or your room. The staff was really great and if you're into partying, it has a great atmosphere. Free dinner was fantastic too!

Very good location in the centre of Rome,in a really alive and popular neibourhood. Good place to meet people from all around the universe and party every night! Very welcoming,friendly and helpfull staff will help you to feel home!

I knew exaclty what to expect based on the reviews - this is a party hostel and believe them when they say it. Everybody is young and tend to party until very late hours. It was great to meet people and play games, go out to bars and have a good time together. The bathroom can get quite messy and they didn't have enough lockers in the room so I was a bit scared to leave all my things unlocked, however nothing bad happened and I had a great time

Hello, I greatly appreciated the way that your Hostel is keeping customers. I don't have any bad experience from you since everything was okey. I appreciated the availibilty of the internet connection, the quality of beds and the availibity of staff members to assist clients. I wish you the best

• 7th Oct 2014