Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Italy

if you want rome, stay here, close to main attractions, look up great clubs to go instead of following the crowd. Great party hostel for pregame an meeting people.

Very drab hostel, uncomfortable beds, small toilets, incredeble drab rooms, was very dissapointed, the worst hostel I have ever been for this price. Room's door without ant locker, unsafe, last night come to our room some guy with a light and in the middle of night was looking for something, could be a rubber, but fortunatelly I didnt sleep and start to scrim so he go out of the room.

My stay in the hostel was great... great atmosphere. And the staff really good... sandy and the others always making activities for all !!! Sebastian

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Great party place! We loved meeting people and its pretty centrally located in Rome. The doors didnt lock however (there was a lock box in the room) and the bathrooms were just okay. You could buy cheap alcohol in the place and beer pong or pasta nights were very fun.

• 10th Oct 2014

It's a party hostel. People stay up playing beer pong outside your door until 12am so you can't sleep before then. The hostel was quite hard to find, that was the only security feature as there were no locks to get in to the hostel or your room. The staff was really great and if you're into partying, it has a great atmosphere. Free dinner was fantastic too!

Very good location in the centre of Rome,in a really alive and popular neibourhood. Good place to meet people from all around the universe and party every night! Very welcoming,friendly and helpfull staff will help you to feel home!

I knew exaclty what to expect based on the reviews - this is a party hostel and believe them when they say it. Everybody is young and tend to party until very late hours. It was great to meet people and play games, go out to bars and have a good time together. The bathroom can get quite messy and they didn't have enough lockers in the room so I was a bit scared to leave all my things unlocked, however nothing bad happened and I had a great time

Hello, I greatly appreciated the way that your Hostel is keeping customers. I don't have any bad experience from you since everything was okey. I appreciated the availibilty of the internet connection, the quality of beds and the availibity of staff members to assist clients. I wish you the best

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

This was the WORST! hostel we stayed in during our two months trip around Europe. The staff was rude and very pushy when it came to drinking and partying. There was no privacy what so ever since the staff would just wlk straight in to your room without knocking or telleing you why they were there. We had to swap rooms after our first night after having BED BUGS! all over the room. I would never ever stay here again, I rather sleep in the metro or on the street, HORRIBLE!

That really was a party hostel! Dr. Dave was a great guy, who showed us nice pubs in Rome. During day time we went to see colosseum, vativan etc. And,the location was the best, like the colosseum was just few blocks away. At evening and night we had a great time with other hostel guests and staff. If you are planning to rest and only see the sights in Rome, you should pick another place, but if you feel that you want to have a good party and get to know other people, this is just right place!

My stay at Ivanhoe was simply great. Dave is the best. If you are looking for party, this is the place. If not, just don't go there. I would suggest to improve WiFi and internet connection (was fine, but sometimes it was intermittent). Thank you guys for the great stay.

Thanks a lot for all the fun time and flexibility , very good atmosphere there!! Thanks a lot for the Roma time!!! Recommended!!!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • China

I have paied deposite again. no recite were given. they were having party every night for free? confused but I didnt get back my deposite.

If you like party 24/7, and like playing beer-pong and like people playing beer-pong just outside your door with loud music, and don't care of if the staff only speak indonesian, and though you asked the staff to fix you broken bed and they don't, and if you feel comfortable leaving your stuff in your (payed) private room without being able to lock it and during check-out being asked for your key which you did not get because 'why would you need a key here?', then this is THE place for you.

Dr. Dave is the man to get you to the party! Awesome atmosphere!

The kitchen is good, but wifi never works. Also, it is SO dirty, and music is really loud from the afternoon till night. Bathrooms and disgusting. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone.

The staff and atmosphere were the best parts about this hostel. There was nothing that they wouldn't do for you. It's also in a fantastic location (on a quiet street just off a main one). It is very, very close to a metro station, which means you can pretty much get anywhere in Rome. The rooms were pretty squeezy and there was no signage out the front but they are minor things. Just ask somebody in a shop or restaurant if you get lost finding the place.

Great place to go for environment, meeting new people, and partying. Occasional pasta dinners and drink nights included in price.

The staff here was great! Made us pasta dinner and took us out. Its right on a train line but harder to find if you come in late as the trains stop early.

This is honestly the best hostel I've stayed in! As a female solo traveller this hostel was the perfect place to meet people. Every night the staff hold an event whether it's free pasta dinner or drinking games, where you can meet everyone from the hostel. And then the staff take you to some awesome bars to party w the whole hostel! And if you wanna sleep everyone has left by 11pm so you can. The staff were super friendly that you feel like family! Also so close to the colosseum!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5