Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Italy

great atmosphere, staff were so friendly and organised loads of things in the evenings for their guests. After Rome we moved on to Florence and were struggling to find a hostel last minute and one of the owners rang a friend and found us a great one in seconds. Highly recommend staying here.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

We had a very warm and great welcoming at Ivanoehostel from Dave. Got a good introtduction about rules and all possible activities. Breakfast was really good and only 2 EURO. We didn´t know it is a party hostel. Even though we like to party, we decided to see more of the city and didnt go out. The group left the hostel always on time at 11pm, so it didn´t bother us at all from sleeping. It was a really good stay in Rome for people who are relaxed.

• 18th Jul 2014

Fantastic hostel. Great location. Fun staff. Great for socializing. But if you don't want to party...maybe stay somewhere else. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• 17th Jul 2014

This was a pretty good stay- value for money wise. It is right next to a station, one stop from Termini (Cental) It had a great party hostel environment- they go on pub crawls, play good music and make you pasta! The owners are a bit quirky. The only real problem I had was the first night when I was on the second bunk and there was no ladder for it so I had to climb like a monkey (being short it was hard) haha and everyone had a lush blanket but I had an itchy thin one.

• 12th Jul 2014

Looked terrible. I turned around and went to a hotel, lost my money but it was worth it to not stay.

It was a very different type of hostel- very cosy and comfortable like you were staying at someone's house. I was so happy with free laundry!! And they have a nice little lounge area where you can easily meet people. Staff were very friendly and took you out if you wanted to party. Place was clean and room was spacious. Only downfall would be that the bathrooms were sometimes dirty like wet floor.

• 9th Jul 2014

Stayed for two nights. Was cool because you can walk to everything. Dave is also a pretty cool guy.

• 6th Jul 2014

Perfect location. Lovely and helpful staffs. Bit oldstyled but clean. Nice breakfast with homemade cake. I loved it! This Hostel was just perfect for me! Most amazing thing was party at hostel. It was started around 9pm with delicious free pasta and drinks until 11pm. After that, they took everybody to really nice pub and club in Rome. The nightlife of Rome! If you are looking for something exciting and get along with the various people over the world this will be the right choice! Ivanhoe 레알강추♥

Great hostel if you want to meet people. They drink every night and take people out to bars together. However they are very persistent that you follow their rules. They have clean time from 11pm - 4pm so you are not aloud in hostel. To say the clean time was so long it was dirty , showers where dirty, they gave you wooly bed covers and didn't have the aircon on all time so it was always hot. Atmosphere is good , met lots of people. But overall They are always around and helpful , and party

Had a great time, very easy to meet new people and staff is very friendly!

My stay at Ivanhoe Hostel was excellent! I was traveling on my own and the hostel's great atmosphere and excellent location allowed me to meet a lot of different people and easily get to all of the destinations I wanted to visit. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is prepared for small communal bathrooms and lumpy bunkbeds in exchange for the opportunity to socialize with people from all of the world and stay at a place within 10 minutes of the Coliseum!! I would stay at Ivanhoe again!

• 28th Jun 2014

Very fun hostel. Free drinks! Good location about a 5-10 minute walk from colloseum. A little hard to find, it's just a doorway across from the Ivanhoe Hotel. Very secure. Staff is fun. Definitely a party hostel. Lock out during the day is a little weird, they let you keep your bags there though. Showers were fine. Smaller hostel.

Pretty dirty, sheets and blankets had some weird stains on them, I slept with my sleep sack. And the lockout rule is ridiculous, you're basically forced to go out and be homeless for awhile. Cute location in Monti but not very clean.

Ended up with bed bugs, blocked showers and toilets, loud music until 11pm each night in the hall way, no lockers provided and people were accessing/using lockers in our room even though they were in different rooms in the hostel. Seriously unpleasant stay and still paying the price with bed bug sores.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I definitely recommend this hostel, the hostel placed in such a very good location in Rome, hosting guys so much friendly and helping about everything, even our tiny problems.I already miss this guys! This hostel people made our vacation! Every night different atmosphere, lovely people and very good parties. Thank you guys!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Really dirty, noisy ... a bad experience in general. Not recommended.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel is weird! We waited 1hr to go to our rooms! The rooms have no locks and everyone just walks in! But the staff let us stay in the common room to wait for our flight and the location is really good. Can't say it was dirty but my duvet was definately used (a lot) before! I wouldn't recommend it.Plus it was expensive, with that money you can definately find a decent hotel room!

I really loved this hostel. the staff were great. Free dinner and free drinking party while I was there. Asked them how much dinner was when I arrived and he said just a smile on your face. Made it easy to meet people. Literally right next to colicium. Only thing was a lock out but I was out and about during that time anyway so didnt really effect me. Def stay again. I was impressed.

For the party people, this is the right place to stay. Unfortunately not for me. The big concern for me was the shower room, it was very very small. I felt like in the coffin when every time I take a bath. But 2 things I love about this hostel is the friendly staff and the location was perfect, it took about 5 minute walking distance to Colosseum and it very near to Cavour train station. Also easy to get food too.

Stayed only for a night here and wished could stayed longer. Fantastic atmosphere and location. Staff were very helpful and friendly, even invited us to go out at night to hit a few drinks. Facilities are great as well. The only thing I could say is that it is a bit small and tight.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5