Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Italy

Loved this place! The staff is amazing and there's a really nice atmosphere. There's even pasta night!

The only problem I had with Ivanhoe was that they would take us out on a pub crawl every night which was fantastic but kick us out of the hostel from 11-4pm each day. despite this it was a great hostel with a party vibe.

Such a nice surprise! The hostel had such a good vibe and all the staff are so friendly!! The free pasta nights and free drinks nights are so good and get everyone out and ready to party!! And then if you dont wanna go out, everyone leaves at 11pm and the hostel is super quiet which is also good. Only the showers are a bit gross but all in all a good little hostel

Good fun, every night either a pasta or drinks party so always something going on.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Wales

At first, compared to the pictures the hostel wasn't what i thought it would be. Very small and there wasn't much of a common area. I booked a 15 bed dorm (triple bunk beds) and I'd recommend booking the 9 bed dorm. No lockers in the 15 bed dorms either. The kitchen had standard facilities that you'd expect. The bathroom/toilet area was always dirty and very old. However, aside from this, you can get used to it and when you make friends you warm to the place. Good location for Roma Termini.

The only thing cool about this place is the people it attracts. It's was so dirty and not well kept. I'm an easy going kid and didn't mind living in such filth, but payed double what is was worth. Had a blast but may or may not have gotten bed bugs

I stayed for one night and it was the greatest night in Rome! Went out with hostel staff and guests, had a lot of fun! The hostel itself had all necessary facilities and is in the heart of Rome very close to Colosseum and other nice spots!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Croatia

한국인이 가면 너무좋아!

Didnt enjoy stay here no key was given so had to buzz in every time meaning anyone cause buzz in, no locks on doors, no lounge everyone is just laying in the hall way. Not clean and one member of staff was extremely rude. Dont recommend!

Most of the staff are very friendly, only one let down the rest of them, he seemed to be fed up with dealing with young backpackers who are obviously there for a good time. Everything else was sound, the bathrooms could use some improving and sometimes the quilts were a little spiky

I stayed here last year and stayed there this year again because of the atmosphere and all the bonus things you get out of this hostel. The breakfast is excellent for 2 euros...they had a pasta night on the Tuesday I was there where they made some delicious pesto pasta...they took everyone out to party at 11pm each night so if you wanted sleep it was possible after 11 (but why youd want that in Rome is beyond me...). Great time!!! See you guys again next year!!

great atmosphere, staff were so friendly and organised loads of things in the evenings for their guests. After Rome we moved on to Florence and were struggling to find a hostel last minute and one of the owners rang a friend and found us a great one in seconds. Highly recommend staying here.

We had a very warm and great welcoming at Ivanoehostel from Dave. Got a good introtduction about rules and all possible activities. Breakfast was really good and only 2 EURO. We didn´t know it is a party hostel. Even though we like to party, we decided to see more of the city and didnt go out. The group left the hostel always on time at 11pm, so it didn´t bother us at all from sleeping. It was a really good stay in Rome for people who are relaxed.

• 18th Jul 2014

Fantastic hostel. Great location. Fun staff. Great for socializing. But if you don't want to party...maybe stay somewhere else. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• 17th Jul 2014

This was a pretty good stay- value for money wise. It is right next to a station, one stop from Termini (Cental) It had a great party hostel environment- they go on pub crawls, play good music and make you pasta! The owners are a bit quirky. The only real problem I had was the first night when I was on the second bunk and there was no ladder for it so I had to climb like a monkey (being short it was hard) haha and everyone had a lush blanket but I had an itchy thin one.

• 12th Jul 2014

Looked terrible. I turned around and went to a hotel, lost my money but it was worth it to not stay.

It was a very different type of hostel- very cosy and comfortable like you were staying at someone's house. I was so happy with free laundry!! And they have a nice little lounge area where you can easily meet people. Staff were very friendly and took you out if you wanted to party. Place was clean and room was spacious. Only downfall would be that the bathrooms were sometimes dirty like wet floor.

• 9th Jul 2014

Stayed for two nights. Was cool because you can walk to everything. Dave is also a pretty cool guy.

• 6th Jul 2014

Perfect location. Lovely and helpful staffs. Bit oldstyled but clean. Nice breakfast with homemade cake. I loved it! This Hostel was just perfect for me! Most amazing thing was party at hostel. It was started around 9pm with delicious free pasta and drinks until 11pm. After that, they took everybody to really nice pub and club in Rome. The nightlife of Rome! If you are looking for something exciting and get along with the various people over the world this will be the right choice! Ivanhoe 레알강추♥

Very good location and excellent staff made our stay in time one to remember.

• 5th Jul 2014