Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Lazio, Italy

Staff and location great. Had to rent own lockers and bring own keypad. Bathroom pretty dirty around 8pm-10pm when everyone has their showers. I didn't have a good time there. Others staying there were not very considerate. Came in late, made lots of noise etc so rated terrible atmosphere.

Not the best hostel around, Stayed here for 3 nights. Ye had a good time but they kick you out the hostel at 11-4, They turn the wifi off and basically force you out the room. There is no common room, we had to put a table in the hall so we all could sit down. There is a kitchen but for 2 people at the most. 'Party Hostel' Its not really at 10 o clock they tell you to be quiet.

Very good place to be even not reckoning the price since the atmosphere and staffs are great. They are kind and friendly. By adding the extraordinary price, it would be the best choice

The hostel is not very good because the facilities and cleanliness are very poor. The place is old and not well maintained. The quilts are not changed in between guests and no linings are used to cover them, so guests end up sleeping with the same quilt that previous guests have used. There are not enough lockers for all the guests (4 lockers in a 12 bed room). The place is small and crowded and there are not enough toilets and showers (which are not very clean). The breakfast is good and cheap.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Colombia

Ivanhoe was exactly was i was looking for, location is perfect, beds are cheap and all the staff (really ALL OF THEM) is extremmmmmly nice and helpfull, the atmosphere is just excellent, and it s very easy to meet other travellers, thank you so much you made my stay in Rome amazing !

The hostel is too small for so many people! Too many people in the rooms ( Wich leds not having space for your stuf and to a lot of mix smells) and in the kitchen, wich is well equiped but small for the number of guests. Anyway..is clean, you can leave you baggage and it's very close to Coliseo.

Everything was pretty good, but when you're travelling for almost 2 years you get tired and just want to relax in a lounge. There's no lounge here and you get kicked out between 11-4 so they can clean. They say it's a party hostel but I saw a guy get kicked out of the hostel and onto the streets on a Saturday night because he turned the music up. Other than that it's pretty good way to save money.

Actually, this is not a hostel, it looks more like a club. Rooms were around 'common space.' And in common space and reception they had a very loud music. (Indian music, or rap music that I hate a lot). Sometimes, it was even impossible to sleep since they've been playing that terrible music in the common room till 2 AM. Our room was bad. For 3 two-level beds they had only one stair so I had to use my skills of mount-climbing to go to my bed. The room was very narrow and there was no space.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Georgia

I ve been to more than 150 hostels and I can assure Ivanhoe is a very nice one, clean, cool and ... a lot of fun. The whole staff is very kind, helpful and friendly. I spent awesome time with them. Often the manager Salvatore offered us the dinner and great Secilian wine in party atmosphere shared with Imran, Ali (two friendly guy of the staff) and others customers. Definitely one of the best hostel ever.

I LOVE SALVATORE; ALI; SANDIP; IMRAN SOOOOOO MUCH! BEST STAFFF EVER! A LOT OF FUN I RECOMMAND

• 19th Jan 2014

The staff and atmosphere are what make this place. The owner, Salvatore, is a very passionate and friendly host who for half the nights I was there cooked pasta for the whole hostel and shared some of his families Sicilian wine. This also got everyone together and encouraged socialising. Rome is small enough that any location is good and this was one of the cheaper hostels in the city. The breakfast is pretty good and probably worth the 2 euros. Only problem was 4 lockers in an 8 bed dorm...

I got the great memory at this hostel. Friendly staff, good breakfast, their kindness.. Don't hesitate, choose it!

• 13th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

There is no lokers, and if you are leaving you have to leave your bags in the kichen. The room in front of the reception desk has a very bad smell, and it has not been cleaned properly. The location is very good, quite close to the Coliseum, and the rest is ok.

I had a great stay at this hostel, the staff is friendly and the facilities are very good.

Traveling is about exploring new places and meeting new people and in this hostel you will find some great people. The staff Justin, Sandip, Ali and Imran such a great guys. For those who leave negative if you want all the commodities go to a HOTEL!!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

Had a great time at Ivanhoe Hostel the only downside would be there was no real common area. Other then that, the staff were great, rooms clean - couldn't ask for much more :)

To me,the hostel was so nice!! One of the great strength is the staff!! The staff, Imran, he can speak so many language, my mother tongue as well. How Great!!! Thanks a lot every thing i had had.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

The electrical plug was out of the wall, water leaked from it, and it sparked when I plugged my charger in. This place was super dirty. I felt disgusted sleeping in the bed. The hostel staff were kind but off setting to me. I wouldn't stay here or recommend it. The lockers are small and there aren't enough for everyone. This place is a hole in the wall/dive (and not the good kind). This is one of two "bad" hostels I have stayed in for overall experience.

well this the money is ok to stay in this hostel , they place is not so clean and there was no heater and they owner seems always angry talk on the phone kind of strange ....

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

The best hostel in Rome (and I visited 3), everything is very clean, they treated me really nice, called by my name. The Staff is very very friendly, they even took us for lunch :)