Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Italy

Great party hostel free drink and some snacks at night... it is small and the worst thing is that the hostel is closed between 11 am and 4 pm so that might get you in trouble if you run out of money or need anything on your room

they need to turn the music off so people can get some sleep and also the beds need to be better maintained. I couldn't sleep partly because the bed was falling apart.

When I arrived stuff was quite rude and unhelpful. Hostel is old and dirty and not quite worth its money. However, I found some very interesting people here and there is a nice party atmosphere flowing in the air in the hostel. Atmosphere is really great and if you want to hang out with some people and party , this is for you.

We weren't ever able to fall asleep, noisy, and I got bug bites.

• 10th May 2014

I was stolen there! And I know that others were stolen too...

The hostel is not as bad as other reviewers have made it sound. You get what you pay for - Rome is expensive and it's the cheapest hostel we could find in Rome so we obviously weren't expecting the Hilton. It is worth staying here just for the location (a 5 min walk to all the main sites) You have to pay 2 euro tax each per night (which we didn't know), you can buy wine, champagne and breakfast there too. If you're reading this and have traveled in Asia, Ivanhoe is not bad, however if you are us

The Hostel is in a great location, making it very easy for guests to get around the city either by foot or by metro. The staff is very helpful and informative and will help you decide where to go/what to eat/what to do. They also want to see everyone have a nice time, so around 9:30pm drinks will be put out and music will be playing. It is an easy way to meet other young travelers and make friends from around the world. Breakfast is also offered every morning for 2 euros, and free wifi!

• 1st May 2014

Party hostel, awesome if you want to party, not the best if you want to get up to site see, however it is in a fantastic location for site seeing. All in all a pretty decent hostel for the money, staff were friendly and always wanting to hangout. THERE IS A LOCKOUT FROM 11am-4pm! you cannot be at the hostel during this time!

If you are not looking for a party hostel, this choice is not for you. Upon entering the hostel, I was greeting with a glass of beer and pounding music. The lights are not turned off until midnight and drunk bunk hostel-mates woke me up in the middle of the night because their is 24hour service and people can stay out all night. Just be prepared.

Absolutely NO SECURITY! One person in the room had their stuff stolen. My stuff was rummaged through. All manager had to say was “Well, it’s a hostel.” The lockers are the size of a laptop and there are only 4 lockers for 12 people! No lock or key given and the door to the hostel was never locked. One night there was a bunch of people who weren’t even staying in the hostel in our room. When we told the manager about it he said it was impossible, but it happened. The staff was disrespectful.

• 21st Apr 2014

Localisation is absolutely fantastic, staff nice and friendly. The only negative impression I got was that at times the staff seemed to push guests for the party, almost dragging people out of beds and just insisting on partying every evening. I'm not into parties of this kind, but didn't mind them, just this pushing was a little disturbing.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Poland

This is an alright hostel for the night if you're not concerned with noise, cleanliness or crowding. The staff were very nice and the location was great. But the beds were a bit gross (my friends had pieces of broken glass in it) and uncomfortable. The showers were also pretty gross. Relative to other Rome hostels is it affordable.

When checking into this hostel, we didn't receive keys... That's because there is absolutely no security, no codes, I'm pretty sure no cameras, and my personal favorite: 4 lockers for 12 people. This is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff is completely unprofessional and creepy. One night my bed fell apart and the employee responded "Well this is a hostel." This place is a rip off, (1 euro for printing, breakfast not included) avoid like the plague.

• 20th Apr 2014

The staff was awesome in making sure you knew what was going on in the hostel! They were extremely friendly and the music was awesome, just a little too loud for making conversation sometimes.

Very good location, helpfull staff but cleanliness must be improved!! It's a party hostel, so loud music until midnight, so great atmosphere but do not expect to sleep quietly before midnight!

the staff is amazing! the structure is not so confortable and clean...but it's one of the best "atmosphere hostel"... perfect if u are a lonely traveller..

It's great here. Definitely a hostel to meet new people, and the hostel to be in for an excellent location in Rome. Very close to the metro station and it's quite safe around here. Ivanhoe's got events every day, free pasta, free wine, and party every night to meet fellow travelers in the hostel is so great. Place is clean, free use of desktop computers for internet. Would definitely recommend this hostel and I'd definitely go back here too.

It's a party hostel! You meet fun people from all around the world! Too bad we had a very short stay in Rome and used most of our time traveling. Else, you'd be making friends as well as traveling! Location was brilliant, just (about) next to the metro station, couple of minutes walk and you'll see the Colosseum! 24 hours reception, no joke! These guys would stay awake so that you can have fun 24/7, that's if you're staying for that long though! Definitely recommended!

the hostel is pretty good, location perfect atmosphere nice. the room was pretty small but not a real problem

Great location; not the easiest to find, but people were helpful. They kick people out to clean, which isn't a problem, but it didn't appear to be clean. It says it's a party hostel and it definitely is! I don't party, though, and it wasn't a problem because they all went out around midnight. The staff were nice and very...persistent in getting everyone involved in the party. They made dinner for us one night and that was amazing! Breakfast was cheap and good.