Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Italy

Really dirty, noisy ... a bad experience in general. Not recommended.

This hostel is weird! We waited 1hr to go to our rooms! The rooms have no locks and everyone just walks in! But the staff let us stay in the common room to wait for our flight and the location is really good. Can't say it was dirty but my duvet was definately used (a lot) before! I wouldn't recommend it.Plus it was expensive, with that money you can definately find a decent hotel room!

I really loved this hostel. the staff were great. Free dinner and free drinking party while I was there. Asked them how much dinner was when I arrived and he said just a smile on your face. Made it easy to meet people. Literally right next to colicium. Only thing was a lock out but I was out and about during that time anyway so didnt really effect me. Def stay again. I was impressed.

For the party people, this is the right place to stay. Unfortunately not for me. The big concern for me was the shower room, it was very very small. I felt like in the coffin when every time I take a bath. But 2 things I love about this hostel is the friendly staff and the location was perfect, it took about 5 minute walking distance to Colosseum and it very near to Cavour train station. Also easy to get food too.

Stayed only for a night here and wished could stayed longer. Fantastic atmosphere and location. Staff were very helpful and friendly, even invited us to go out at night to hit a few drinks. Facilities are great as well. The only thing I could say is that it is a bit small and tight.

This place was just awesome! Met some great people. Free sangria nights and free pasta nights. Always someone who wants to party if you're in the mood! Awesome atmosphere, everyone was so friendly. Great location, an easy walk to the Colosseum, right near the center of the city. The staff was just amazing and always willing to help, even let me hang out and leave my things at the hostel a few days later when I had a short hangover in Rome. Easily the best hostel I stayed at, highly recommend it!

• 9th Jun 2014

This hostel was not what I expected. , not the greatest facilities and security but it was in the best location ! And the atmosphere was awesome got along with everyone made lots of friends and enjoyed the staffs cooking and drinks !! If you looking for a good party vibe and fun staff this is the place for you ! Definitely enjoyed myself

We had a lot of fun here. this is a party hostel, the music plays till 12am each night, so if you want to sleep this is not the place. we played beer pong and had a free dinner there. breakfast is good with a small price. staff are helpful. no lockouts.

This hostel is conveniently placed near the central rail station (within walking distance) but they area is area is really shady. The staff was slightly creepy, the overall feel was night clean. We had one last night to spend in Rome in order to catch a flight so we stayed their one night and would not have wanted to stay any longer. We just needed a bed and it was cheap!

The biggest plus about this place was the staff. They were so friendly. The minute we stepped in they offered us water and champagne and made us feel very welcome! They also had free cocktail and pasta parties which were fun! However, the place was kind of dirty and really hot, as there was no air conditioning, but that's pretty typical of Europe. There also weren't enough lockers for everyone staying there.

One of the best hostel I've stayed in, helpful staff members, big kitchen, free internet n free wifi 24/7. Staff members organize a good party every night (free food n booze) comfortable beds , very clean and it's a perfect place for everyone wants to have a good time in the city.i recommend it everyone

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Pakistan

Great time, really enjoyed myself and the location is priceless, less than 5 minute walk from the Colosseum!

People are very nice but it's an hostel to do party all the night!:) But I slep well after 11:30pm there was no noise. Dorms are very huge I think we was 12 in the same room.

• 1st Jun 2014

AMO EL PAPI

• 31st May 2014
  • Colombia

One of the best hostels that i've ever stayed!

• 30th May 2014

They play music from 10 AM - 12 PM everyday and kick you out from 11 AM - 4 PM. So if you want to take a nap or something after walking around all day or get to bed early to see the sights in the morning, its not possible. Its very old and smells really bad in the rooms. I would not recommend to stay.

When they say they're a party hostel, they really are. I enjoyed my stay here, granted I was only here for a couple of nights. I met some really great people and they do a dinner party or a drinking party every night so you can grab a free meal sometimes! Super friendly staff and they're willing to do whatever it is to make sure you make the most of your trip to Rome.

I might recommend this hostel to college age students who want to meet people and enjoy to party. The kitchen is well equipped which is awesome if you want to make food and the staff was pretty helpful and friendly! Only thing is the beds are pretty uncomfortable and it can be noisy outside.

It is such a noisy place and the bed are not that good. The photos cheat you because it is related to Hotel and not about the HOSTEL. The guys are nice, but i wouldnt like to come back.

Just a great hostel! The staff are people from all around the world ready to make you have a great time getting to know the city and activities to do. It's perfrctly located near the port, and some squares to go out at night. There is a good breakfast too, with fruits, bread, marmelade, and coffe and tea to serve yourself all day; but the reason why I recomend this hostel is the feeling of being at home you get, and the great ambience. Thanks for a great time in Naples!