Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Lazio, Italy

The best hostel in Rome (and I visited 3), everything is very clean, they treated me really nice, called by my name. The Staff is very very friendly, they even took us for lunch :)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff; cosy (for a hostel!) with a fun atmosphere; great location; kitchen/diner doubles up as communal area; loud music plays until about midnight, but not every night. Really enjoyable stay - good hostel!

• 29th Dec 2013

I stayed there for 3 days between 26-29 December. I was extremely happy and glad to choose this hostel. The biggest reason for my satisfaction was the staff. Especially Justin and Imran were very good, friendly, helpful. Justin helped me a lot about my trip in Rome. He showed me the most important locations, gave me very good recommendations and spent appreciable time to help me. Thanks to him, I had a very efficient trip without loosing time with unimportant details .Imran is also a perfect

I've seen insects in bathroom. Poor internet connection. The place is very loud until 11.30 pm (loud music with the same playlist every evening and same songs couple of times, might be very annoying).

The hostel is very well located, from there one can go everywhere by foot and enjoy the city. You have to pay extra for the breakfast, but it really worths it. The staff is also very friendly. The internet didnt work in the bedroom, so it was kinda incovenient. You also have to leave the hostel between 11h and 16h, what was not good, but besides, everything ok.

The breakfast was good and total, and thanks to Vicky bhai for that. Also thanks to Imran and Ali for the special dinner at a italian restaurant.

This is the great hostel .staff is really great but IMRAN is the best guy really impress by his speaking Korean skill and he is so help full.manager Salvatore is so kind ,they cook free pasta and offer drinks for guests.i recommend this hostel for to others and i will back here when ever i visit Rome again.THANKS GUYS YOU DOING GREAT :)

• 18th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

It was sooooo nice to stay in rome because of this hostel! As like all the hostels in Rome, the facilities and cleanliness is not perfect but you don't need to worry. All the staffs were really good especially imran! He helped me a lot I cannot forget all the moments from rome and this hostel!!

• 15th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Staff could be more friendly. Not enough lockers for all guests. Excellent location.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

The hostel was in a good location, walking distance to the colosseum and Termini Station. When we checked in it took a while for them to answer the door via the buzzer. They don't give you a key at all you just have to buzz to be let into the building. The hostel it's self is only on one level. It has a small kitchen with everything you need which was good. The beds we very hard, the blanket was thin and the pillow was terrible, it was stained and almost flat. Overall it was fine.

• 12th Dec 2013

Everything there was just perfect to enjoy Rome in closest location and on coziest and funniest way..! Imran, the staff there could speak 5 languages including Korean which I speak, and it was very helpful in many ways. 한국 사람들이 묶기에 매우 안전하고 편한 호스텔이에요..! ㅎㅎ Also all the staffs there were so kind, a guy(sorry, I forgot ur name!) from Greece helped me booking flight from Rome to Greece although it took pretty much time to do it..! Thank you so much!! Sandip, the other staff, was also so kind!

• 8th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

I thought that the 64% hostelworld rating for this hostel was not an important issue but really it was! One of the staff memebers was very harassing asking for paying the money and in general the staff was very rude. Too noisy and desorganized hostel. I've been in many hostels in my life, but I think that this one is the worst of the ones I know. I have to recognize that the location is ideal, it is the major advantage of this hostel. You can find better options in Rome for the same price.

The people in the staf are not friendly. Many people in the Hostel. The Music very high the volume. This Hostel is no recomendable.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Colombia

It was great! but, one of staff is not kind. I don't know why, it make me irritate. Maybe he is Asian. Without this part, It was very nice!! You can use kitchen and enjoy yourself!

Only tiny lockers in the rooms (enough for a purse), and only 4 in a 12 bed dorm. No keys to any of the rooms, but always a staff member at the desk. Bathrooms are averagely clean, wifi is strong everywhere. Good kitchen facilities, and staff are always very friendly. Not much of an atmosphere if you're not a big drinker though, they put a movie on in the kitchen and that's about it.

I loved the pasta!!!! :) The staff was friendly, and there computers free for use! The only issue I had was that the music was VERY loud and I had an awful headache. Besides that I truly enjoyed my time spent there.

• 21st Nov 2013

The staff are really really nice!!

This really is a party hostel!! Normally we keep to ourselves but the atmosphere in this place is great. Come here if you want to meet awesome people, have an awesome party time and pay a cheap price for a bed. The staff take the reviews seriously and we saw them clean the rooms out everyday. That is diligence! A++ for effort. We had a great time at this hostel. Pasta and cocktail nights were awesome. The kitchen is very small but enough to cook whatever you need.

Great location, 2 min walk from front door to the metro station. Less than 10 min walk from the colosseum. Got switched beds once, not a big deal. But bro staff and friendly atmosphere!

• 11th Nov 2013

Love love this hostel, best one I've stayed at and I've been traveling in Europe for 2 months now. Fun free pasta nights. Definitely younger crowd party hostel. Don't stay here if you want to sleep before midnight.