Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Italy

Great hostel if you want to meet people. They drink every night and take people out to bars together. However they are very persistent that you follow their rules. They have clean time from 11pm - 4pm so you are not aloud in hostel. To say the clean time was so long it was dirty , showers where dirty, they gave you wooly bed covers and didn't have the aircon on all time so it was always hot. Atmosphere is good , met lots of people. But overall They are always around and helpful , and party

Had a great time, very easy to meet new people and staff is very friendly!

My stay at Ivanhoe Hostel was excellent! I was traveling on my own and the hostel's great atmosphere and excellent location allowed me to meet a lot of different people and easily get to all of the destinations I wanted to visit. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is prepared for small communal bathrooms and lumpy bunkbeds in exchange for the opportunity to socialize with people from all of the world and stay at a place within 10 minutes of the Coliseum!! I would stay at Ivanhoe again!

• 28th Jun 2014

Very fun hostel. Free drinks! Good location about a 5-10 minute walk from colloseum. A little hard to find, it's just a doorway across from the Ivanhoe Hotel. Very secure. Staff is fun. Definitely a party hostel. Lock out during the day is a little weird, they let you keep your bags there though. Showers were fine. Smaller hostel.

Pretty dirty, sheets and blankets had some weird stains on them, I slept with my sleep sack. And the lockout rule is ridiculous, you're basically forced to go out and be homeless for awhile. Cute location in Monti but not very clean.

Ended up with bed bugs, blocked showers and toilets, loud music until 11pm each night in the hall way, no lockers provided and people were accessing/using lockers in our room even though they were in different rooms in the hostel. Seriously unpleasant stay and still paying the price with bed bug sores.

• 23rd Jun 2014

I definitely recommend this hostel, the hostel placed in such a very good location in Rome, hosting guys so much friendly and helping about everything, even our tiny problems.I already miss this guys! This hostel people made our vacation! Every night different atmosphere, lovely people and very good parties. Thank you guys!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Really dirty, noisy ... a bad experience in general. Not recommended.

This hostel is weird! We waited 1hr to go to our rooms! The rooms have no locks and everyone just walks in! But the staff let us stay in the common room to wait for our flight and the location is really good. Can't say it was dirty but my duvet was definately used (a lot) before! I wouldn't recommend it.Plus it was expensive, with that money you can definately find a decent hotel room!

I really loved this hostel. the staff were great. Free dinner and free drinking party while I was there. Asked them how much dinner was when I arrived and he said just a smile on your face. Made it easy to meet people. Literally right next to colicium. Only thing was a lock out but I was out and about during that time anyway so didnt really effect me. Def stay again. I was impressed.

For the party people, this is the right place to stay. Unfortunately not for me. The big concern for me was the shower room, it was very very small. I felt like in the coffin when every time I take a bath. But 2 things I love about this hostel is the friendly staff and the location was perfect, it took about 5 minute walking distance to Colosseum and it very near to Cavour train station. Also easy to get food too.

Stayed only for a night here and wished could stayed longer. Fantastic atmosphere and location. Staff were very helpful and friendly, even invited us to go out at night to hit a few drinks. Facilities are great as well. The only thing I could say is that it is a bit small and tight.

This place was just awesome! Met some great people. Free sangria nights and free pasta nights. Always someone who wants to party if you're in the mood! Awesome atmosphere, everyone was so friendly. Great location, an easy walk to the Colosseum, right near the center of the city. The staff was just amazing and always willing to help, even let me hang out and leave my things at the hostel a few days later when I had a short hangover in Rome. Easily the best hostel I stayed at, highly recommend it!

• 9th Jun 2014

This hostel was not what I expected. , not the greatest facilities and security but it was in the best location ! And the atmosphere was awesome got along with everyone made lots of friends and enjoyed the staffs cooking and drinks !! If you looking for a good party vibe and fun staff this is the place for you ! Definitely enjoyed myself

We had a lot of fun here. this is a party hostel, the music plays till 12am each night, so if you want to sleep this is not the place. we played beer pong and had a free dinner there. breakfast is good with a small price. staff are helpful. no lockouts.

This hostel is conveniently placed near the central rail station (within walking distance) but they area is area is really shady. The staff was slightly creepy, the overall feel was night clean. We had one last night to spend in Rome in order to catch a flight so we stayed their one night and would not have wanted to stay any longer. We just needed a bed and it was cheap!

The biggest plus about this place was the staff. They were so friendly. The minute we stepped in they offered us water and champagne and made us feel very welcome! They also had free cocktail and pasta parties which were fun! However, the place was kind of dirty and really hot, as there was no air conditioning, but that's pretty typical of Europe. There also weren't enough lockers for everyone staying there.

One of the best hostel I've stayed in, helpful staff members, big kitchen, free internet n free wifi 24/7. Staff members organize a good party every night (free food n booze) comfortable beds , very clean and it's a perfect place for everyone wants to have a good time in the city.i recommend it everyone

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Pakistan

Great time, really enjoyed myself and the location is priceless, less than 5 minute walk from the Colosseum!

People are very nice but it's an hostel to do party all the night!:) But I slep well after 11:30pm there was no noise. Dorms are very huge I think we was 12 in the same room.

• 1st Jun 2014