Ivanhoe Hostel Reviews

Via Urbana, 50, Rome, Italy

The "party" (just dinner together) ended at midnight - the staff turned off the music and told us to go to our rooms or outside; however, once everyone went to the dorms, the staff started playing their music very loudly and were all talking by the front desk. Extremely hypocritical. And the entire hostel was disgustingly dirty - rust and dirt throughout the bathrooms, and the smell of mold in our dorms. Only plus is meeting other people during the dinner, who we toured Rome with the next day.

• 5th Apr 2014

Indeed nice place and very friendly staff. I met many other travelers to hang out with. But they really need to work on cleanliness. Specially within the dorms. Blankets much be changed.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

The staff is amazing, always trying to spend a good time with the guest and creating a really good atmosphere in the hostel.

This place was definitely as they say a party hostel which finished by about midnight. Otherwise it's well located and reasonably priced.

Great location in the center of Rome, less than 5min on foot to Colloseum! Termini 10min on foot or one station away. Supermarket close-by, too. Staff was great, super nice and always up for juke-boxing and drinks! Facilities are old, but staff keep them clean constantly! Breakfast for 2€ with cereal, toast, nutella, jam, eggs, jogurt and cookies was totally worth it! Make sure to ask for an extra linen as they do not use any covers for the raw blanket. Will come back any time! Thanks Ali & Co

• 22nd Mar 2014

This is a party hostel so everyone is a bit younger and the atmosphere was drunk when we visited. Good things are the cheap and well stocked breakfast (2€), good kitchen supplies (but not enough space to cook) and location was walking distance to roma terminal. Bad things were 2004 billboard hits blasting until midnight, CRAMMED bunks with no airflow, disgustingly dirty bathrooms and one obnoxious staff member always pressuring us to drink. 10€/Night made this place worth it, however

A really good place to meet people!!!

I could not believe the price. It is SO cheap! And you won't be disappointed. The policy of the hostel is just AWESOME. They offer you free drinks (including champagne, tequila and vodka), the staff is VERY friendly. They are very nice, they talk to you, they try to help you, they give you tips and for the first time I can say: they really encourage you to make new friends and meet new people. The breakfast is also cheap and offer a lot of options. If you want to meet people you will not regret!

I had a fantastic stay in Rome at Ivanhoe! The staff were incredible and I met some amazing people down to the great atmosphere at Ivanhoe.

• 13th Mar 2014

first all, I have to say this is the best hostel I have lived in my 1month long euro trip. The staffs are super friendly. Forget about researching what to do in Rome. They will tell you everything you need to do and need to go, right down to the street on the map (partying, eating, sightseeing, you name it). The cleanliness of the place is unbelievable, the cleaning process of the kitchen and the bathroom is continuous all day.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

not clean at all, one of my friends got an allergy or something bit him!!!! the rooms are really old and dirty and the bathrooms are in horrible conditions. all the place stink!

가격대비 완전만족!한국말 엄청잘하는 스텝도있으니 걱정마시고 가셔도 좋아요~~

• 7th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Great location, friendly staffs and most of all, good price! I stayed one weeks in Ivanhoe hostel, and it was a great time. It's very easy to make new friends at there because kitchen and hallways are very cozy and nice. There is ensuite shower room and extra public shower room as well, so you dont have to wait for people. And there is one staff who can speak fluent Korean, he made me so relaxed and happy in Rome!

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Probably good for those who look for new college people to meet.But definitely this is not for someone who want to have a nice vacation break. Very very loud aisle but thank god they stop playing the music at about 11 am. but still, you want to have a relaxing day or night, it can be a disaster. Toilet, room, bed, floor of the room..there was nothing that was clean for me to be using without worrying about thr hygene. Very small locker. And there were three lockers for 6 people. lost an adapter

We had a very pleasant stay at this hostel. The staff IMRAN , was polite and he is so helpful.can speak good korean .and the room clean and the breakfast simple and nice... 100%recomended

• 26th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

So many Korean stay here. 한국분들 꽤 있으시더라고요 Many people, At night people drink and dance with loud music. It is so nice for outgoing person. 사람도 많고 밤엔 음악 틀어놓고 춤추기도 하고 술도 먹고해서 놀기 좋아하는 분들한텐 최고에요 If you dont want party, you can stay in the room. Though music is heared loudly, It was okay to me. 그게 아니시라면 그냥 방에서 쉬셔도 상관없어요 음악소리가 좀 신경쓰이실 수 있는데 전 괜찮았어요 The location is very nice. It take only 1 stop from Termini station. 위치는 중앙역에서 한정거장! 가까워서 좋아요

Nice hostel, worth what you pay. Staff very friendly and helpful. I just had some problems with the lockers, because they are don't enough, so I've had to put my things in another room for a couple of days.

The kitchen was tiny, barely room to move. Often had to wait for facilities as there simply was not enough. Bathroom was disgusting, has to mop after your own shower. Hair, dirt, and grime was everywhere. Considering the hostel kicks patrons out for 5 hours a day to clean, I( which is ridiculous) it's not clean at all. The hostel claims to be a party hostel but after midnight you are kicked out or sent to bed and unable to use facilities such as kitchen computer wifi etc. (wifi barely works)

We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come here again, we should have stayed longer. Great place to meet people even in the off season. Perfect for predrinking and everyone seems like they want a night out. Only downsides are i was told to go to bed at a party hostel and some staff members were a bit rude - others were really nice and helpfull though.

I had really great days ever while I was staying in Ivanhoe Hostel. Staffs were very helpful and friendly. It seems like they really care about their guest not only just as a customer but also as a friend! Also, I really liked the atmosphere there as well. For the atmosphere,it was really party party as like they have already mentioned on Hostel world which was really enjoyable. But they are really strict when it comes to a security and sleeping time (12 a.m.) I would say they are the BEST!