Ivy Guesthouse Reviews

North of Old Market, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Good value cheap for the place. The room with fan was to wet.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

the staff girl at night was not nice , no smile , no hello, and could not answer to our questions, don't know if it's because of english or just because she didn't want , anyway we could not plan anything for the next day as she didn't know if we could stay one more night, and she didn't want to check for us! and when we ask for smaller money , cause we had just 100$, she said no , go somewhere else to ask about it....

• 9th Nov 2014

This hostel is in an excellent location, really close to Pub Street, the river and the up and coming boutique street of Hap Guan with lots of cafes and street food stalls nearby. I stayed in both a basic and a deluxe room. The only difference I could tell was in the deluxe you had plug sockets and hot water, but in my case the wifi no longer worked as the room was further at the back. The communal areas are nice if a little quiet. Only negative note, the advertised free pick-up didn't happen.

Nice Guesthouse...it is quiet old but clean. We could book the Tuk Tuk driver to Angkor war and the boat ticket to Battambang in the hostel for a fair price. The guesthouse is good located and just a 5min walk to the pub street and old market. The food was also good!

I thought it was a friendly and inviting place to be. Staff were helpful and attentive. Food was Great. Atmosphere was excellent. The rooms were fair enough for the low price but I mainly enjoyed that it was pleasant and quiet if you just wanted to hang out in the main area and use the free wifi or write letters etc

• 25th Oct 2014

Booked the twin room which was possibly the dirtiest room I've seen in many years of backpacking. The bed sheets had fresh looking stains all over them. I also found there was no hot water in the shower which had a stinky smell which permeated the room. The daytime staff at the front desk didn't seem to care at all, so we ended up checking out (which he seemed happy for us to do since we had already paid for 3 nights). A shame because Sopiah the night staff was lovely and the common area too.

The staff was really helpful in my last minute requests such as the change of timing for the bus next morning and arranged a driver to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat at 11pm the day before. They provide great cheap food at the guesthouse. The location of the guesthouse was 5 mins walk from Pub Street and Wat Preah Promrath and 10 mins walk from Wat Bo. I watched World Cup at the guesthouse from its cable tv at the level 2 lounge. There will be cleaners cleaning the common area every morning.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel is nice, with a beautiful chill out area, in a quiet street but close to the market and pub street. The only bad thing was the huge roach we found in the room.

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts