Ivy Guesthouse Reviews

North of Old Market, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Clean rooms, free wifi. Excellent 'chilling' area upstairs with sofas

• 12th Apr 2014

The location of the hotel was excellent, only a five minute walk from the night market and pub street. Good food served and good value for money, and the rooftop terrace was a nice place to hang out and meet new people. Downsides were the filthy room and the staff. Constant trail of ants in the bathroom and covered in lizards and bugs. Staff said we could check out late to catch our night bus then denied it the next day, making us out to be liars. Overall, good location but wouldn't stay again.

Good, simple place in Siem Reap. Not far from the night market and pub street. Employees were very helpful. However, no a/c in the rooms was killer and our bathroom drain didn't work

Nice guest house for the money! This guest house has a great staff and is centrally located. The rooms are a bit old but comfortable and a great value for the money. Shower is just room one temperature which is common in budget guesthouses in cambodia internet was good and nice selection for eating on menu...even vegetarian. Would stay again.....thanks

Not luxurious but a nice place to stay, in a quiet area with everthing in 5 mins walking distance. Night security on gate to look after my motobike on the terrace. Food was excellent and good wifi signal. Would defenitely return there.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Wales

We had booked for a room with fan, and the first they showed us was crappy, with humidity stains all across the wall and felt like being in a basement. We asked to change, and the only other available room had some kind of isolation trouble, and the heat in there was unstanding, so we moved to another place. Positive thing to say: good atmosphere, good location, and despite the humidity, looked pretty clean. Personal were friendly at every moment, even when we said we were leaving.

I had a really good time here at the Ivy and would recommend for anyone to stay here. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable, they helped me with everything I asked them to do. I met many other travelers as I stayed here and the tapas night was amazing. This is truly the best value for it's money. The only negative things I could say were that I had a weak toilet (no one else had that issue), and the pillow was a little big. For the money this place was a 100.

Nice place. Rooms are comfy but feel a little confined. Staff were helpful when i was feeling ill. Decent location. Good atmosphere Would recommend.

Very comfortable guesthouse in a great location. Food was gorgeous but a little expensive.

Fantastic Friday night Tappas and friendly staff with a smile :)

The Ivy was great. Good location, helpful staff, chilled atmosphere and super fair price. Booked it for three nights but stayed for five. Would book it again.

• 25th Jan 2014

The pillows were too big and quite sore to sleep on and there was quite a lot of dust around the shelving otherwise we loved this place and the staff were fantastic

• 16th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Got pretty much exactly what i was expecting for a room in this price bracket. The room and communal areas were tidy and well equipped but seemed a little worn out and tatty in places but for the price I paid it was more than adequate. Clean towels in the room along with some soap and shampoo. Bathroom had a bit of a whiff (but no worse than other places i stayed in SR - must be a drainage thing). Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice and quiet location - great for a quiet nights sleep.

No organization w/ bookings & mgmt. I spoke with 1 lady staff the night prior to my checkout asking if I can extend for 2days,she was nice & she assured me I can stay but I just have to transfer from the deluxe to a standard room. Next day when I was ready to transfer,this rude & pompous guy staff told me that there were no more rooms & that the lady didn't know how to check online.He was so smug and feisty & didn't show any acknowledgment of their mistake at all. Should train all receptionists.

Very lovely hostel with a good dining area for breakfast and very helpful and friendly staff. Room clean and area much quieter than the super busy backpacker area downtown. Only complaint is showers a bit weak, but that's standard in backpacking around Asia. Definitely recommended.

Definitely value for money - great food!

• 20th Dec 2013

We opted for the $10 p/night a/c room (private double with en-suite) which was great value for money. Security wise, they hire a guard between 11pm-7am to look out for non-guests so that was good, it would have been nice to have a safe in the room. Atmosphere wise, very chilled out and friendly and the food is fantastic - highly recommend their Mee Cha dish. Located, 3 minute walk into the Old Market area and the infamous Pub Street.

I ended up staying here for for 5 nights due to location. It is within walking distance to pub street and the night markets. All of the staff were incredible, really friendly and helpful. The rooms are a tad run down but for $7 a night for a private room with fans it is good value :)

• 12th Nov 2013

Booked one night and ended up staying for 4 nights. Awesome place, met very friendly travellers and had lots of fun here. Only thing that slightly annoyed me at the start is there is no hot water but it is very hot and humid in siem reap and cold showers are actually refreshing

• 5th Nov 2013