Ivy Guesthouse Reviews

North of Old Market, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Fantastic stay we took our four sons and stayed here five days . Staff were amazing. Food incredible. San and his brother brilliant as tut tut guides! Only complaint would have been how incredibly hot our room was even with two fans!!! Would recommend paying for AC then you would have no complaints!Awesome atmosphere

• 15th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The staff is not polite at all, and they do not provide you with any information. They make you feel as if you are bothering them. My room was quite dirty, and there vere several cockroaches sharing the room with me! For that price you can find much better places around.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Spain

It's a nice place to stay. The staff is friendly but as far as we're concerned not really helpful with recommendations. They can book you a tour or bus but once you ask which of the tours they recommend it comes to this cambodian thing that they don't really want to give you any advice because it could be wrong. Over all a good place. Apparently the owners have changed since they are in lonely planet. Still a nice place, I'd recommend it. One more thing, it's not right in the centre, 5-10min wal

The food at the restaurant was very delicious, and our air conditioner worked very well. However there were a lot of mosquitoes in our room as there was no ventilation in our bathroom or room. One of the fans did not work and the other only pointed directly down on one side of the bed. We had to sleep under the covers entirely in order to avoid being bitten throughout the night. I believe the bathroom was the breeding ground for the mosquitoes. We stayed in room 23.

• 19th Jul 2015

The room was not in a good condition. There were water damages everywhere and a big in bathroom ceiling. Sink and shower were very old and in bad condition. Aprt from this in my first night I had a mouse in my room. And mice droppings in my bed und er the pillow. So I chose an other guesthouse and left after this night. I told them what happend and that i don't want to stay any longer. They where Kind but I still had to pay my room for that one night.

• 17th Jul 2015

it was sad that we had a wall in front of our window. it was nice that they have organised our tucktuck driver for angkor wat.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Chose this guesthouse based on good recommendations and was very surprised to find out it was nothing like that. Didn't feel welcome at all. Wouldn't say the staff was rude, but just not very interested in customers. Booked air-contioned deluxe room to avoid mosquitoes, spent quite some time killing them...

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Finland

don't take a room with fan in june! ac is really necessary!!

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Some cockroaches in the room, but they quickly gave us another room, and some insects/ small ants in thte bathroom. its cheap, decent, and a fantastic restaurant with really nice food! They also arranged a really nice quiz on our first night. All in all, i had a good nights sleep at Ivy Guesthouse. :)

• 28th May 2015
  • Norway

This hostel was just okay- the price is pretty good, but the rooms are downright awful. There are fans in lieu of air conditioning, which would normally be fine by me but they were insufficient in cooling the rooms off. I woke up in the middle of the night in a literal pool of sweat. I guess the best perk is that you no longer need sauna services if you stay there? The food and drinks are well-priced and good, as well as a good chill out area. You could do much better in Siem Reap.

Rooms were very grungy. The beds only had a piece of foam, no mattress at all, incredibly uncomfortable. No in room safe. My room had no window. Staff seemed jaded and were unpleasant at times. Restaurant was alright, food was good, service was poor. Location is walkable to pub street action.

• 12th May 2015

The first impression: a dead cockroach in my private room

Aircon room full of hundreds mosquitoes (only ones seen in Cambodia during whole stay!), incredibly small, with a small sealed window and unhealthy for mold everywhere. Changed to fan room, and gave us a top floor oven with broken wooden walls, cracks and holes with direct connection with outside road. No mosquitoes, but dead for extreme heat! half hour of full fan, temperature unchanged. I am a backpacker, but too much! Staff unfriendly. Left for higher level side hotel, aircon same cost!!

Booked an aircon "deluxe" room. Got a tiny room with walls falling apart for humidity, narrow and sealed (not opening) window and full of mosquitos (note that in whole week we remained in Siem Reap, we have "experienced" only one or two). Requested to change with room with opening window, and got a room at first floor that was a real oven, with broken wood walls; from the holes you had direct connection with external world! for same cost side hotel gave real confortable room with aircon

Was supposed to arrive at midnight but was 4 hours late. Even though I woke staff they were very friendly and next day very helpful with info. Food was delicious and on Thu they have quiz night to support disadvantaged school kids. Great place to stay but get an A/C room

• 18th Mar 2015