Ivy Guesthouse Reviews

North of Old Market, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Nice Guesthouse...it is quiet old but clean. We could book the Tuk Tuk driver to Angkor war and the boat ticket to Battambang in the hostel for a fair price. The guesthouse is good located and just a 5min walk to the pub street and old market. The food was also good!

I thought it was a friendly and inviting place to be. Staff were helpful and attentive. Food was Great. Atmosphere was excellent. The rooms were fair enough for the low price but I mainly enjoyed that it was pleasant and quiet if you just wanted to hang out in the main area and use the free wifi or write letters etc

• 25th Oct 2014

Booked the twin room which was possibly the dirtiest room I've seen in many years of backpacking. The bed sheets had fresh looking stains all over them. I also found there was no hot water in the shower which had a stinky smell which permeated the room. The daytime staff at the front desk didn't seem to care at all, so we ended up checking out (which he seemed happy for us to do since we had already paid for 3 nights). A shame because Sopiah the night staff was lovely and the common area too.

The staff was really helpful in my last minute requests such as the change of timing for the bus next morning and arranged a driver to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat at 11pm the day before. They provide great cheap food at the guesthouse. The location of the guesthouse was 5 mins walk from Pub Street and Wat Preah Promrath and 10 mins walk from Wat Bo. I watched World Cup at the guesthouse from its cable tv at the level 2 lounge. There will be cleaners cleaning the common area every morning.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel is nice, with a beautiful chill out area, in a quiet street but close to the market and pub street. The only bad thing was the huge roach we found in the room.

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts