Ivy Guesthouse Reviews

North of Old Market, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Cheap and a bed. If you want a bed for the night its okay enough. Muggle in the corners. Okay atmosphere in the bar/restaurant.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Norway

I am used to travelling a lot even in poor conditions, but I was very disappointed while comparing services to the price offered. Staff manager is not sympathetic and tried to increase price although we made internet booking with fixed price. Same thing for laundry, they wanted higher price than weighted. Sheets not clean...

• 19th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Ivy Guesthouse. Very friendly atmosphere, and very nice & helpful staff members! Thank you!

Good value cheap for the place. The room with fan was to wet.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

the staff girl at night was not nice , no smile , no hello, and could not answer to our questions, don't know if it's because of english or just because she didn't want , anyway we could not plan anything for the next day as she didn't know if we could stay one more night, and she didn't want to check for us! and when we ask for smaller money , cause we had just 100$, she said no , go somewhere else to ask about it....

• 9th Nov 2014

This hostel is in an excellent location, really close to Pub Street, the river and the up and coming boutique street of Hap Guan with lots of cafes and street food stalls nearby. I stayed in both a basic and a deluxe room. The only difference I could tell was in the deluxe you had plug sockets and hot water, but in my case the wifi no longer worked as the room was further at the back. The communal areas are nice if a little quiet. Only negative note, the advertised free pick-up didn't happen.

Nice Guesthouse...it is quiet old but clean. We could book the Tuk Tuk driver to Angkor war and the boat ticket to Battambang in the hostel for a fair price. The guesthouse is good located and just a 5min walk to the pub street and old market. The food was also good!

I thought it was a friendly and inviting place to be. Staff were helpful and attentive. Food was Great. Atmosphere was excellent. The rooms were fair enough for the low price but I mainly enjoyed that it was pleasant and quiet if you just wanted to hang out in the main area and use the free wifi or write letters etc

• 25th Oct 2014

Booked the twin room which was possibly the dirtiest room I've seen in many years of backpacking. The bed sheets had fresh looking stains all over them. I also found there was no hot water in the shower which had a stinky smell which permeated the room. The daytime staff at the front desk didn't seem to care at all, so we ended up checking out (which he seemed happy for us to do since we had already paid for 3 nights). A shame because Sopiah the night staff was lovely and the common area too.

The staff was really helpful in my last minute requests such as the change of timing for the bus next morning and arranged a driver to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat at 11pm the day before. They provide great cheap food at the guesthouse. The location of the guesthouse was 5 mins walk from Pub Street and Wat Preah Promrath and 10 mins walk from Wat Bo. I watched World Cup at the guesthouse from its cable tv at the level 2 lounge. There will be cleaners cleaning the common area every morning.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel is nice, with a beautiful chill out area, in a quiet street but close to the market and pub street. The only bad thing was the huge roach we found in the room.

Clean rooms, free wifi. Excellent 'chilling' area upstairs with sofas

• 12th Apr 2014

The location of the hotel was excellent, only a five minute walk from the night market and pub street. Good food served and good value for money, and the rooftop terrace was a nice place to hang out and meet new people. Downsides were the filthy room and the staff. Constant trail of ants in the bathroom and covered in lizards and bugs. Staff said we could check out late to catch our night bus then denied it the next day, making us out to be liars. Overall, good location but wouldn't stay again.

Good, simple place in Siem Reap. Not far from the night market and pub street. Employees were very helpful. However, no a/c in the rooms was killer and our bathroom drain didn't work

Nice guest house for the money! This guest house has a great staff and is centrally located. The rooms are a bit old but comfortable and a great value for the money. Shower is just room one temperature which is common in budget guesthouses in cambodia internet was good and nice selection for eating on menu...even vegetarian. Would stay again.....thanks

Not luxurious but a nice place to stay, in a quiet area with everthing in 5 mins walking distance. Night security on gate to look after my motobike on the terrace. Food was excellent and good wifi signal. Would defenitely return there.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Wales

We had booked for a room with fan, and the first they showed us was crappy, with humidity stains all across the wall and felt like being in a basement. We asked to change, and the only other available room had some kind of isolation trouble, and the heat in there was unstanding, so we moved to another place. Positive thing to say: good atmosphere, good location, and despite the humidity, looked pretty clean. Personal were friendly at every moment, even when we said we were leaving.

I had a really good time here at the Ivy and would recommend for anyone to stay here. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable, they helped me with everything I asked them to do. I met many other travelers as I stayed here and the tapas night was amazing. This is truly the best value for it's money. The only negative things I could say were that I had a weak toilet (no one else had that issue), and the pillow was a little big. For the money this place was a 100.

Nice place. Rooms are comfy but feel a little confined. Staff were helpful when i was feeling ill. Decent location. Good atmosphere Would recommend.

Very comfortable guesthouse in a great location. Food was gorgeous but a little expensive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4