Iwiheke Backpackers / A-Plus Lodge Reviews

41 iwiheke place, Turangi, New Zealand

Ian (the owner) helped us to find people doing the Crossing so that we could exchange car keys and start from both sides simultaneously. Was a great experience! And he recommended other hostels and places to visit.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Very lovely and welcoming place. Ian the owner will try to make feel at home and help with any travel plans you have! A really good place to do the Tongariro Alpine Crossing from!

This hostel is great place to meet people. The atmosphere is a plus and there's free wifi.

What a wonderful place. On arrival, and initially, it seems nothing special - your usual 'bread-and-butter' hostel, but we got great vibes here and all credit goes to the owners, especially Ian who are such friendly, open and interesting people. They are so helpful when it came to trekking advice and as a result our walk around the Northern Circuit was made much better. Fair play to owners keeping PRICES DOWN. Furthermore there's plenty of space, a good Internet deal ($5 unlimited) and GREAT sho

Loved my stay here. Great atmosphere, lovely wall paintings and the owner Ian is really cool. Free pickup and a cheap, very early (4 am) shuttle to the Tongariro crossing, so you have the mountain to yourself.

The owner went above and beyond the call of duty.

A place with a character, totally backpacker style. Very cozy. The bad thing is the internet which costs $5 and the owner switch it off at 10pm. Bed linen seems not to be changed after check-out... so better have your own sleeping bag.

I had a great time in this hostel. It is a family run business, me and my friend basically became friends with the owner, he is awesome! Really nice and fun, he even took us to the start of the Tongariro Alpine Crossing for a few bucks! He also took us to the local market :) The hostel itself is really nice and comfortable. All the walls are painted by the people sleeping there, it really feels like home. I enjoyed my stay a lot, it is my favourite hostel ever!