J-Hoppers Hiroshima Guesthouse Reviews

5-16, Dobashi-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima, Japan

1990 Total Reviews

Traditional Japanese style, beds are on floor. Close to tram and walkable distances to main tourist attractions. Nice, helpful staff. Second J-hoppers I've been to and so far both has been good.

very nice place, check out the staff's recommendations on sights and events on the wall. had a surprisingly spacious single room. The only thing that annoyed me was that the non-japanese guests seemed to be oblivious or ignorant of the fact that Japanese walls are very thin. not the hotsel's fault,but they should stress this more when guests check in.

Con: 1 dryer and 1 washing machine isn't enough for the size of the hostel. The beds were good (with a privacy curtain) but, I know I'm being fussy here, the mattress wasn't that great and I've been sleeping on Japanese beds for a while now. Pros: Excellent location to the Peace Park and only a short journey Into the busy areas via tram, which is excellent by the way, 160Y one off fee! The staff were excellent, couldn't of ask for more! Thank you!

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comment!! About washing machine, actually we have two washing machines here, but we should've told you in advance.We are so sorry about that. But we are glad to hear that you enjoyed here in Hiroshima:) Are you still traveling in Japan? If so, please enjoy the rest of your stay here in Japan. Hope to see you again in the near future!!

Great! No compliants!

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comment!! We all hope that you had a great time and enjoyed here in Hiroshima:) Please come back here anytime whenever you travel to Hiroshima!!

The staff could not have been more helpful! We were in walking distance of the Peace Park which was ideal. We decided to stay an extra day and the staff organised for all of our luggage to be moved to our new room too. The dining recommendations by the staff were fantastic, and we ate at some really nice places which we wouldn't have found without the help of the staff. I had such a lovely time there. Definitely recommend it!

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comment!! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed here a lot! Wish you could make great memories here in Hiroshima. Please enjoy the rest of your stay in Japan:) Hope to see you again in the near future!!

Its a nice hostel, but a small common place. It's clean and has a good location.

Thank you for staying with us:) As you say,We have only small common room... It can be tight when we have so many guest:( We will try to get more space for the living room some day. We hope that you keep great travel in Japan. Take care and see you again anytime soon:)

I had a pleasant stay at J-hoppers. It's an affordable place to stay near many attractions. I would definitely recommend this hostel to any budget traveler.

Second time I have stayed at this hostel and I will be back. Get situation to get into the city and explore the sights, also not a long walk back after a night out. I've stayed in the female only dorm and an mixed dorm and both were great.

Nice hostel. Poor lonely atmosphere. Was here in winter / mid week. Not the most happening of cities. Staff were very accommodating and would stay here again but maybe on weekends its better.

Thank you for staying with us!! We are really sorry about that...You felt lonely:( In winter,we have less guest than summer in Hiroshima. And also there are less events in week days than weekend. We hope that you will come back in busy season and have fun with a lot of guests:) Please take care and see you again anytime soon!!

Great staff, location, and common room area. Love the beer vending machine and the sports on TV. Wish there was breakfast but the free coffee was very nice.

Thank you for staying here and your comment:) I also happy to hear that you guys enjoyed in here!! Is your friend who could not come to Hiroshima alright? Next time,I hope that I can see all you guys again!! Are you still in Japan? If so,Please take care and have a great travel:)

Great place located within walking distance to the hiroshima memorial park and close to the trams for subway. rooms had a luggage area for each bed and curtains for privacy.

I ended up staying at the hostel at two different points during my stay and each time, it was excellent. I met some really nice people from around the world and slept comfortably.

Best location near the peace park and museum! Staff friendly and helpful. Not a party hostel but cute little common room, great kitchen!! Awesome free proper FILTER COFFEE and tea :) Super clean. Good value. good wifi.

Very good hostel, traditional room (you sleep on a futon), it is very clean and the major sites (memorial parc/museum, castle, shopping streets) are accessible by walking. It is also not far from the hiroshima station and the ferry station to go to Miyajima island. The staff is very nice, they gave me very good advices

Thank you for staying with us!! And also thank you for your comment:) We are glad to hear from you. Are you still in Japan? If so,Please take care and enjoy Japan more!! We hope that we can see you again anytime soon:)

Great place, easy to find from the dobashi tram stop. The peace park and museum are very close as well as lots of places to eat and drink. The castle and other museums and galleries are not a long walk away either. The hostel itself has a sociable and comfortable atmosphere. Recommended!

Thank you for staying with us!! And also thank you so much for your many times choice to stay here:) Did you have fun at this time as well? We hope so:) We hope that we can see you again anytime soon!!! See you next time:)

Stayed in the Japanese style triple room. It was comfy and the location was quite good, an easy walk to all the A-bomb/Peace memorials/museum/park. Only complaint was there were not showers on every floor so that is a bit inconvenient and no elevator. But otherwise, a great place to stay in a wonderful city!

Thank you for staying with us!! Did you have fun in Hiroshima? We hope so:) Are you still in Japan?If so, Please take care and have a great travel!! We hope that we can see you again in near the future!!!

Nice and warm room for Hiroshima's winter

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comment! We are glad to hear that you liked the room you stayed:) Hope you had a great time here in Hiroshima. Please come back here anytime you travel to Hiroshima!!

Great positioning: 10 minutes walk from the peace memorial park and 20/25 minutes walk from Hiroshima castle. It is also well linked with Hiroshima station through tram #2 . The staff is friendly and the facilities are clean. Free coffee and tea are available in the common kitchen. Very warm rooms will wait for you during winter, together wih big and comfortable beds.

• 13th Dec 2014

Thank you for staying with us!! Did you have fun in Hiroshima? We hope so :) Are you still in Japan? If so, Please take care and have a great travel!! We are all look forward to seeing you again in near the future!!

Nothing serious to complain about. The place is really that good and the price is really reasonable.

Thank you very much for staying with us!! We are glad to hear from you. How was your trip here in Hiroshima? Hope you could make wonderful memories here! We are all hope to see you again in the near future!

J-Hoppers is a chain of hostels in Japan and they're all very good... The staff are professional and the kitchen/common area are very nice. Also the dorms seem to be laid out very well at J-Hoppers. The J-Hoppers in Hiroshima happened to be very well located (Right next to the A-Bomb Dome), which was awesome! I enjoyed my 5 nights here (although 5 is probably 1 too many for Hiroshima). Be sure to hike to the top of Miyajima.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4