J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Very nice, easy and cheap hostel, also let you arrive during night and then pay in the morning, that made things a lot easier;) Staff very friendly, facilities very adequate, beds are comfortable and wifi helps as well:)

• 21st Feb 2015

Thank you very much for staying with us and your kind comment! Please stay longer next time;) We hope to see you again.

Staffs are very nice and helpful. Facilities and rooms are pretty neat. Over all is great.

Thank you for your comment. We hope you enjoyed your trip in Kyoto!!!

loved the free hot chocolate

Thank you for your review! Hope our hot chocolate made you feel little bit warmer during Kyoto winter days! Now we have plum blossom season! Look forward to seeing you again=)

Great place to stay. Very helpful staff and lots of great little local food places to eat at. Loved it.

We are glad to hear that you liked staying here and Kyoto. Enjoy the rest of your travel in Japan and hope to see you again!

Not so central, a bit rundown, but still ok.

There are 2 "downtown" in the Kyoto city. The big one is Shijo area. Another one is Kyoto Station area. We are 7-8 min walk from the Kyoto station.

I feel comfortable & secure to stay at J-Hoppers Kyoto. The receptionist also nice, informative, helpfully, and has very good English

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Thank you very much for your pleasant review! We hope you enjoyed your trip in Japan. And we look forward to seeing you again in near future!

Second time staying here and will be back when I next visit Kyoto. I love it and cannot recommend it highly enough to other travellers. You will get fit if you stay on the top floor though as there is no lifts or elevators.

Thank you very much for staying with us again and your kind comment. We look forward to seeing you again for the third time and hope it will be in the near future!;)

Thank you so much for having me, I don't know what to say? Keep being awesome you guys! - Alex//

Thank you for the review. Good luck with your teaching job! Hope to see you in April! may be that time we will speak Japanese together. take care and we look forward to hearing about your experience in Japan! keep in touch!

Nice, clean and warm. We met many people from all around the world and had a wonderful time.

We are glad to hear that you had a goo time here. When you have a chance to travel Japan next time, please come visit us again! Thank you so much!!

I love the way the decorated the place with other people's travel picture. It makes the place feels really welcome and fun! I enjoyed my stay very much!

• 9th Jan 2015

Thank you for your lovely comment! We are always happy to talk with guests to share any kind of story and information :) We hope you had a great experience in Japan, Kyoto and J-Hoppers!

Very simpathic hotel, staff very nice and kindly they helped me to organize all my journeys in Kyoto! There are everything you need and you can ask them they always answer with the smile ... Very good location, near the station and with greats stores and one supermarket 5 minutes walk ... And very important : very clean ! So thank you for all, by the moment I am in Osaka but when I will go back home I will send you a photo from ToeiStudio ! Thank you very much and maybe see you a next time !

• 7th Jan 2015

It was really nice to meet you! We are happy to hear that you had a great time in Kyoto. Thank you very much for staying here and your lovely comment. Looking forward to your photo and seeing you again of course!;)

One of the coolest places I've ever stayed. Incredibly friendly staff, who know the city well and are able and willing to help you find your way around. They offer cheap bike rentals and are happy to give you insider tips on Kyoto, shopping, Japan, whatever. They host parties from time to time where you can meet cool people from the other J-Hoppers location in town, which is also really nice.

Thank you for your lovely comment! I'm also happy that I could know about your incredible country :) Hope we see you again!

Met absolutely amazing people in the dining room. Each bed in the dorms were really spacious with places to put baggage and charge phones- it almost felt like a cubbyhouse with curtains available to completely close for privacy. Really clean in general and welcoming staff.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Japan

Thank you for the lovely comment! YES, Many guests said that our bunk beds are really comfortable! Hope you enjoyed in J-Hoppers and Kyoto!

Loved my stay here! The staff was friendly and helpful, getting in and out was easy, and I felt secure both in property and sleeping surface. I'd be thrilled to come back in the future!

• 15th Dec 2014

We appreciate your lovely comment, thank you very much! Glad to hear that you had a good time. We welcome you coming back here anytime! Look forward to seeing you again:)

We were welcomed by yuria..she is a very lovely, helpfull, and resourceful staff. Excellent job Yuria, she's not only a staff for us, she's also a very good friend

thank you so much for this review! it is very nice to have such nice and positive guests like you here! btw i was really surprised with your English! Hope your friend got better soon and Kyoto left a nice impression. it would be nice to go to Indonesia one day and meet you again!

This is a nice, clean, modern hostel with a helpful staff. The atmosphere was relaxed but not a party scene when I was there. The common room was a nice place to chat with other guests. The location is good for walking to the bus station but a little far for walking to the sights. The metro is however close so it's easy to get around town

Thank you for your comment. We couldn't do many parties for November since guests are very busy to see maple leaves... However we'll have a Boxing day party and New Year's Eve party on Dec! We are waiting for you to join us :D

Just want to give you an advice. What about if the direction also in picture. So when it says "go straight until the intersection......", there's a picture of the intersection. I think it will be more easier to find the location. But overall it's good.

It's always a good choice to stay in j hoppers or hana hostel :))

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you very much!

A nice hostel with value for your money. It´s very quiet and all beds have curtains which provides a good privacy. Nice and friendly staff.

Thank you for your lovely comment :) Tack så mycket

My experience at J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest house was amazing. I enjoyed a lot my days at this place. Its very close to the train station, so I get there very easily. The place was clean, rooms and toilets… I rent them a bike mostly everyday, its so nice to move that way in Kyoto. The people working there ( Erika, Cecilia, Yuria…) gave me great advices of what to visit or where to eat. I also share with them a funny Halloween night! Absolutely recommended. I felt like at home. Thanks girls!

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Muchas Gracias por tu comment! We are sure that you had great days because you are great person! We are really happy to know such a happy and peaceful person like you :) We really hope that see you again (^ ^) Eskerrik asko!!!