J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Most helpful woman ever on the desk who helped us book sumo tickets over the phone when we couldn't figure out how to do it on the Internet.

Thank you very much for your lovely message! I'm glad to hear that. We hope you enjoyed watching sumo and had special experience. Hope to see you again someday in near future!

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at J Hoppers! The staff was so accommodating even before checking in and after checking out. The takoyaki party was a lovely time to eat and chat with folks, especially in Japanese (as a Japanese language student I really appreciated this). Everything about the facility was comfortable, and I wish I could've stayed longer.

• 10th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us. Arigato gozaimasu:) We are glad to hear that you had a good time here. Hope to see you guys again! Mata kite kudasaine;)

What really made my stay at J Hoppers Kyoto was the helpful and friendly staff. They were always willing to help my friend and I. They would even call and make reservations for us, since we don't speak Japanese. This was a great place to stay!

Thank you for your comment! YES! We LOVE communicating with guests because we hope that you enjoy fully in Kyoto! Hope see you soon :)

Friendly and kind staff. They gave me some nice info about Kyoto. It was also nice to hang out with some guys coming from different countries. I really enjoyed my stay.

Thank you very much for staying with us! And also We are glad to hear that you had nice meeting with a lot of guests from all over the world. Please come back anytime. We hope to see you again soon :)

welcome to J hopper Tokyo. you will feel like in a japanese house...when you spend time in bathroom... i love it. :)

Thank you very much for your comment! Hope you enjoyed staying here;)

Top adresse!

Thank you for your lovely comment :-)

Everything was fine, there was all we needed for our trip (bycicle, pc with internet, books, plans, maps, etc...)

• 20th Jun 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are glad to hear that. Please come visit us again someday:)

Location is quite good, house is clean and tidy with a very back-packer atmosphere. However, the price is little bit high for single private room which not even hv a tv. By the way, the girl receptionist is very nice and pretty.

Thank you very much for staying our hostel! We look forward to seeing you again.

Very good location. Very helpful and kind staff specially Yumi who's always smiling and who willingly helped us don the kimonos (not an easy task!) for photos. I got locked inside the luggage room late one night and almost panicked but I knocked on the door and a male staff let me out, whew! Our stay was brief but it was pleasant. We met a lot of young travelers with very interesting stories. If it weren't that we have to go up our room through three flights of stairs, it would be perfect!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you very much for your comment. I am so glad to here that you could enjoy your travel in Kyoto. And the Kimono and Yukata are really good on you guys! We look forward to seeing you again:)

Great value, and not too far from Kyoto station. The staff was very friendly and gave me some recommendations on which sites to visit in Kyoto so that was helpful. The beds were very large and had extra space for me to put my bags. My only complaint was that the room smelled a little.

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Sorry to hear about the smell. We clean the rooms very earnestly everyday but it can be a bit smelly depending on the other guests because it's a dormitory room. We hope you had a good time here!

this was one of the nicest places I stayed at the people were great the staff knew what they were doing and the hostel was very clean and well kept.

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are happy to hear the lovely comment. We hope to see you again!

Fantastic place to stay - they have everything: good location, friendly staff (u can ask anything u want), facilities, wifi and its amazingly clean! Still I have no idea how they manage to keep it that way! Thanks for welcoming! :)

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! You were really friendly and nice to us :) Hope you had a sweet time in Kyoto. See you again someday.

Very comfortable and clean hostel. bus stop nearby and easy to go to CBD or other places by bus. Kitchen is large and fully equipped. Showers and kitchen is on the 3/F and I stay on 5/F and there is a toilet on my floor. However they don't have a lift for the 5-storey building. Staff are very nice and friendly.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! So sorry about the stairs again. Although we're glad to know that you had a good time here. Cheers!

Can't complain about this hostel! JR accessible, about 7 min walk from Kyoto station. Had restaurants and convenience stores very close by. Only down side was that the building had no elevator, and we were staying on the 5th floor. Would definitely come back!

Thank you very much for your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed staying here! We are looking forward to meeting you next time.

Good atmosphere! Close to Kyoto station where you are most likely to arrive and where all the buses to the temples are departing.

Thank you so much for staying with us! We appreciate your comments and rating. We're looking forward to seeing you again someday!

* great location; only 10 minutes walking from Kyoto station * nice staff answering inquiry in details and doing the beat arrangement (I can do my check-in as soon as I arrived and no need to wait until 3 PM since there is a vacancy!) * nice and clean toilet and bathroom * great for 1-person-traveler as well

• 11th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are glad to hear you liked being here. Please come back anytime you can. We are looking forward to meeting you again!

Jhoppers hostels are the best! This one is close to the kyoto station and the staff are super friendly. You can even try on a kimono!

Thank you so much for your comment. We are glad to hear that you had a good time. Hope to see you again!

I cannot find words to express my gratitude for what i found in this hostel. Staff is excellent, the girls are very friendly and always ready to solve any problems you have. They give you information about what to do, when, where. The hostel itself is very clean and confortable. In few words, the best choice to stay in Kyoto as much time as you like.

Muchisimas Gracias! Since we talked a looooooot of "pavadas" every day, We are already missing you! Hope see you somewhere in the world again :) Arigato!!!

Very convenient location. Nice staff and atmosphere. During my stay there was this cute Japanese family that stayed there also, and when I was in the kitchen/lounge area at night, they gave me some mitarashi dango. Very nice of them. So the people and the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming.

So happy to know you had a good time here! We were happy to welcome you and hoping to see you again :)

Close to the railway station Staff very very nice clean place i like it alot

• 4th May 2014

Thank you very much for staying at our place. We are glad to know that you had a good time here. We look forward to seeing you again!