J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

i thin near station. Staf very nice and helpfull. rooms are clean. shower is clean but sometime u can wait to shower. i think it is nice to stay there. if o come kyoto again i will stay there again.

Thank you for your lovely comment! We hope you could stay longer with us! See you next time :D

very very clean

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

Thank you very much for staying with us. We clean hard everyday so glad to hear that! Thank you.

Helpful staff and very comfortable place, a 3 minutes walk to/from the metro Karasuma line, I appreciated ! Simon

Good morning from Kyoto! Thank you very much for your lovely review. It would be great to see you again in our guest house. Cheers!

The day we arrive is heavily rain, we walk in the rain for 30 mins and got splashed by speeding bus on the street, total nightmare! When arrived, then we know actually there is a subway station that connecting the Kyoto St and Kujo St, the hostel location. Wish they added the information beforehand just so ppl can choose either they want to walk 15-20mins (mine takes longer as it raining heavily) or use the subway if faced problm like us. For the staying exp, its excellent :) really reccomended.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you very much for your review! we will inform our guests about subway from Kyoto station. Unfortunately, weather was not so good when you arrived! we hope you enjoyed river walk at Arashiyama. we would be glad to see you again in sunny day in Kyoto=)

I've been traveling around for a while now and this is the best hostel I've stayed in. Great beds, good staff, nice facilities - everything that you need. Lots of information to help you plan your trip. You can rent bikes through the hostel as well. It's 8-10 minutes from Kyoto station. Not really on a subway line, but it's right on the bus route and getting around on Kyoto buses is a breeze - easier than back home even. Very highly recommended hostel.

thank you very much for such a great review! we were happy to see you in our guest house! please, come again=) there are still a lot of places to explore in Kyoto and around!

Very clean, cool bedrooms, good facilities. Only bad thing, no elevator.

Dear guest, Thank you for your comment. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Kyoto and J-Hoppers!

clean, friendly place with great staff, though the walking up and down lots of flights of stairs got a bit tiring! great location and very helpful staff. Shower facilities could be upgraded though.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Very nice, easy and cheap hostel, also let you arrive during night and then pay in the morning, that made things a lot easier;) Staff very friendly, facilities very adequate, beds are comfortable and wifi helps as well:)

• 21st Feb 2015

Thank you very much for staying with us and your kind comment! Please stay longer next time;) We hope to see you again.

Fantastic experience. The staff were the best by far out of the three hostels I have stayed in. So helpful in every way possible. I would absolutely come back again and recommend this place to my friends.

• 19th Feb 2015

Staffs are very nice and helpful. Facilities and rooms are pretty neat. Over all is great.

Thank you for your comment. We hope you enjoyed your trip in Kyoto!!!

loved the free hot chocolate

Thank you for your review! Hope our hot chocolate made you feel little bit warmer during Kyoto winter days! Now we have plum blossom season! Look forward to seeing you again=)

Great place to stay. Very helpful staff and lots of great little local food places to eat at. Loved it.

We are glad to hear that you liked staying here and Kyoto. Enjoy the rest of your travel in Japan and hope to see you again!

Not so central, a bit rundown, but still ok.

There are 2 "downtown" in the Kyoto city. The big one is Shijo area. Another one is Kyoto Station area. We are 7-8 min walk from the Kyoto station.

I feel comfortable & secure to stay at J-Hoppers Kyoto. The receptionist also nice, informative, helpfully, and has very good English

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Thank you very much for your pleasant review! We hope you enjoyed your trip in Japan. And we look forward to seeing you again in near future!

Second time staying here and will be back when I next visit Kyoto. I love it and cannot recommend it highly enough to other travellers. You will get fit if you stay on the top floor though as there is no lifts or elevators.

Thank you very much for staying with us again and your kind comment. We look forward to seeing you again for the third time and hope it will be in the near future!;)

Thank you so much for having me, I don't know what to say? Keep being awesome you guys! - Alex//

Thank you for the review. Good luck with your teaching job! Hope to see you in April! may be that time we will speak Japanese together. take care and we look forward to hearing about your experience in Japan! keep in touch!

Nice, clean and warm. We met many people from all around the world and had a wonderful time.

We are glad to hear that you had a goo time here. When you have a chance to travel Japan next time, please come visit us again! Thank you so much!!

I love the way the decorated the place with other people's travel picture. It makes the place feels really welcome and fun! I enjoyed my stay very much!

• 9th Jan 2015

Thank you for your lovely comment! We are always happy to talk with guests to share any kind of story and information :) We hope you had a great experience in Japan, Kyoto and J-Hoppers!

Very simpathic hotel, staff very nice and kindly they helped me to organize all my journeys in Kyoto! There are everything you need and you can ask them they always answer with the smile ... Very good location, near the station and with greats stores and one supermarket 5 minutes walk ... And very important : very clean ! So thank you for all, by the moment I am in Osaka but when I will go back home I will send you a photo from ToeiStudio ! Thank you very much and maybe see you a next time !

• 7th Jan 2015

It was really nice to meet you! We are happy to hear that you had a great time in Kyoto. Thank you very much for staying here and your lovely comment. Looking forward to your photo and seeing you again of course!;)

One of the coolest places I've ever stayed. Incredibly friendly staff, who know the city well and are able and willing to help you find your way around. They offer cheap bike rentals and are happy to give you insider tips on Kyoto, shopping, Japan, whatever. They host parties from time to time where you can meet cool people from the other J-Hoppers location in town, which is also really nice.

Thank you for your lovely comment! I'm also happy that I could know about your incredible country :) Hope we see you again!