J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Love love love this hostel! The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and the hostel is in a great location. I also really appreciated the curtains on each bunk bed to help block out light if and the shelving for those on the top bunks so you don't have to climb up and down to access your stuff. Anyway, great hostel and I would definitely book again.

Thank you very much for staying with us! And we are so glad to know you loved our hostel. We are looking forward to meeting you again someday in near future!

A very good hostel! Clean, friendly staff, nice beds!

Loved my stay at J-Hoppers. This is a well run hostel.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Thank you very much for your kind comment. Hope you enjoyed traveling Kyoto. We look forward to seeing you again!:)

I love having curtains on the bed and lockers, just what is provided here. It's not far from the train station either:)

Thank you for your comment. We are 5-7min walk from Hachijo exit, Kyoto station.

The staff were very friendly and I particularly enjoyed the noodle catching party on the first night of my stay! The hostel was very conveniently located just under 10 minutes walk away from Kyoto's main train station and is also under 5 minutes away from one of the subway stops. My dorm was very spacious and comfortable and lockers were provided for valuables. I would definitely recommend this hostel and plan to stay there again if I go back to Kyoto!

Thank you for your review! It was very nice to see at J-hoppers Kyoto! We have noodle party every summer! you are always welcome!!!So hope to see you again soon!

A fantastically run hostel with equally helpful staff! Clean, comfortable, and an excellent location. The other travellers there at the time were friendly making for a lovely atmosphere. The only reason I didn't rate Security as excellent is that not everyone in my dorm locked the door. Just a friendly reminder for anyone who shares a room - please always lock the door even if you're out only for a few minutes. While Japan is a very safe country, not all are so good! Highly recommended hostel!

• 20th Aug 2014

we are very happy to get such a nice review! thank you a lot! we'll try to check if the doors of dormitory rooms are closed! hope to see you next time!

Amazing location, just down the street from the train station. But most amazing is the team that works there. We got stranded there for a day and a half because of heavy rain and they helped to call our next hostel to cancel the reservations without penalty, and also made curry rice dinner knowing that all the restaurants and even convenience stores in the area had closed because of the storm. Highly recommend!

it was nice to see you at our hostel! thank`s for your review. we hope you enjoyed Kyoto even though it was raining. We are looking forward to seeing you again, hopefully, in sunny day!

I spent a good 2 nights here and it was worth the money. Its was clean, the staff were friendly and the beds were comfortable, cant really ask for more. Thank you guys for a most pleasant stay. Also in a perfect location to start sightseeing Kyoto.

• 30th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely message. We are glad to hear that. Please come back anytime you can! We are looking forward to meeting you again :)

All good from me. Good location, good atmosphere, good price, no complaints.

unfortunately the mood was quite bad when i was there but thats not the hostels fault. nice hostel with good connections within kyoto. free bike are awesome. they even let me sleep in the lounge until my room was ready after an early morning arrival.

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are sorry to hear that you felt bad mood...We hope you could enjoy your travel in Kyoto and hope to see you again.

The place is very clean. It's nice that they have laundry and the detergent is actually free. The kitchen and common area are nice. The staff were very helpful. The dorm bed areas are spacious with curtains covering your whole bed and room for a book shelf and your bag if small enough. The one bad thing is that they only have 3 showers for the whole place. Definitely convenient to Tokyo Station.

Thank you very much for your comment :) Yes We are very convenient to Kyoto Station. From Kyoto Station you can go to everywhere by Train, night bus, city bus... We hope you enjoyed in Kyoto!

Most helpful woman ever on the desk who helped us book sumo tickets over the phone when we couldn't figure out how to do it on the Internet.

Thank you very much for your lovely message! I'm glad to hear that. We hope you enjoyed watching sumo and had special experience. Hope to see you again someday in near future!

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at J Hoppers! The staff was so accommodating even before checking in and after checking out. The takoyaki party was a lovely time to eat and chat with folks, especially in Japanese (as a Japanese language student I really appreciated this). Everything about the facility was comfortable, and I wish I could've stayed longer.

• 10th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us. Arigato gozaimasu:) We are glad to hear that you had a good time here. Hope to see you guys again! Mata kite kudasaine;)

What really made my stay at J Hoppers Kyoto was the helpful and friendly staff. They were always willing to help my friend and I. They would even call and make reservations for us, since we don't speak Japanese. This was a great place to stay!

Thank you for your comment! YES! We LOVE communicating with guests because we hope that you enjoy fully in Kyoto! Hope see you soon :)

Friendly and kind staff. They gave me some nice info about Kyoto. It was also nice to hang out with some guys coming from different countries. I really enjoyed my stay.

Thank you very much for staying with us! And also We are glad to hear that you had nice meeting with a lot of guests from all over the world. Please come back anytime. We hope to see you again soon :)

welcome to J hopper Tokyo. you will feel like in a japanese house...when you spend time in bathroom... i love it. :)

Thank you very much for your comment! Hope you enjoyed staying here;)

Top adresse!

Thank you for your lovely comment :-)

Everything was fine, there was all we needed for our trip (bycicle, pc with internet, books, plans, maps, etc...)

• 20th Jun 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are glad to hear that. Please come visit us again someday:)

Location is quite good, house is clean and tidy with a very back-packer atmosphere. However, the price is little bit high for single private room which not even hv a tv. By the way, the girl receptionist is very nice and pretty.

Thank you very much for staying our hostel! We look forward to seeing you again.

Very good location. Very helpful and kind staff specially Yumi who's always smiling and who willingly helped us don the kimonos (not an easy task!) for photos. I got locked inside the luggage room late one night and almost panicked but I knocked on the door and a male staff let me out, whew! Our stay was brief but it was pleasant. We met a lot of young travelers with very interesting stories. If it weren't that we have to go up our room through three flights of stairs, it would be perfect!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you very much for your comment. I am so glad to here that you could enjoy your travel in Kyoto. And the Kimono and Yukata are really good on you guys! We look forward to seeing you again:)

« first « Prev 1 2 3