J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Thank you so much for having me, I don't know what to say? Keep being awesome you guys! - Alex//

Nice, clean and warm. We met many people from all around the world and had a wonderful time.

We are glad to hear that you had a goo time here. When you have a chance to travel Japan next time, please come visit us again! Thank you so much!!

I love the way the decorated the place with other people's travel picture. It makes the place feels really welcome and fun! I enjoyed my stay very much!

• 9th Jan 2015

Thank you for your lovely comment! We are always happy to talk with guests to share any kind of story and information :) We hope you had a great experience in Japan, Kyoto and J-Hoppers!

Very simpathic hotel, staff very nice and kindly they helped me to organize all my journeys in Kyoto! There are everything you need and you can ask them they always answer with the smile ... Very good location, near the station and with greats stores and one supermarket 5 minutes walk ... And very important : very clean ! So thank you for all, by the moment I am in Osaka but when I will go back home I will send you a photo from ToeiStudio ! Thank you very much and maybe see you a next time !

• 7th Jan 2015

It was really nice to meet you! We are happy to hear that you had a great time in Kyoto. Thank you very much for staying here and your lovely comment. Looking forward to your photo and seeing you again of course!;)

One of the coolest places I've ever stayed. Incredibly friendly staff, who know the city well and are able and willing to help you find your way around. They offer cheap bike rentals and are happy to give you insider tips on Kyoto, shopping, Japan, whatever. They host parties from time to time where you can meet cool people from the other J-Hoppers location in town, which is also really nice.

Thank you for your lovely comment! I'm also happy that I could know about your incredible country :) Hope we see you again!

Met absolutely amazing people in the dining room. Each bed in the dorms were really spacious with places to put baggage and charge phones- it almost felt like a cubbyhouse with curtains available to completely close for privacy. Really clean in general and welcoming staff.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Japan

Thank you for the lovely comment! YES, Many guests said that our bunk beds are really comfortable! Hope you enjoyed in J-Hoppers and Kyoto!

Loved my stay here! The staff was friendly and helpful, getting in and out was easy, and I felt secure both in property and sleeping surface. I'd be thrilled to come back in the future!

• 15th Dec 2014

We appreciate your lovely comment, thank you very much! Glad to hear that you had a good time. We welcome you coming back here anytime! Look forward to seeing you again:)

We were welcomed by yuria..she is a very lovely, helpfull, and resourceful staff. Excellent job Yuria, she's not only a staff for us, she's also a very good friend

thank you so much for this review! it is very nice to have such nice and positive guests like you here! btw i was really surprised with your English! Hope your friend got better soon and Kyoto left a nice impression. it would be nice to go to Indonesia one day and meet you again!

This is a nice, clean, modern hostel with a helpful staff. The atmosphere was relaxed but not a party scene when I was there. The common room was a nice place to chat with other guests. The location is good for walking to the bus station but a little far for walking to the sights. The metro is however close so it's easy to get around town

Thank you for your comment. We couldn't do many parties for November since guests are very busy to see maple leaves... However we'll have a Boxing day party and New Year's Eve party on Dec! We are waiting for you to join us :D

Just want to give you an advice. What about if the direction also in picture. So when it says "go straight until the intersection......", there's a picture of the intersection. I think it will be more easier to find the location. But overall it's good.

It's always a good choice to stay in j hoppers or hana hostel :))

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you very much!

A nice hostel with value for your money. It´s very quiet and all beds have curtains which provides a good privacy. Nice and friendly staff.

Thank you for your lovely comment :) Tack så mycket

My experience at J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest house was amazing. I enjoyed a lot my days at this place. Its very close to the train station, so I get there very easily. The place was clean, rooms and toilets… I rent them a bike mostly everyday, its so nice to move that way in Kyoto. The people working there ( Erika, Cecilia, Yuria…) gave me great advices of what to visit or where to eat. I also share with them a funny Halloween night! Absolutely recommended. I felt like at home. Thanks girls!

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Muchas Gracias por tu comment! We are sure that you had great days because you are great person! We are really happy to know such a happy and peaceful person like you :) We really hope that see you again (^ ^) Eskerrik asko!!!

Location is easy to find, nearby restaurants for easy dining option. I had a great time at j hoppers.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you very much for your review! Hope to see you again! May be in spring (when sakura is in blossom)?

I spent 2 nights in J-Hoppers Kyoto. Location is very nice, near Kyoto station. the staff is very friendly and we can borrow a yukata to be used there. the minus side is the place is cold. i went there on autumn and the cold weather go inside the room. it's very inconvenient. the shower is sucks because we have to push the button every minute. and also they don't have lift to go up..

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry for the inconvenience...hope you had a good time here.

the staff seemed as if they couldn't be bothered to do anything for you while you were there.... took a good five minutes for anyone to show up at the counter during check-in, the building is five or six floors full of bunk beds... facilities and rooms perfectly fine for the budget traveller, location convenient to the train though being south of the station is a bit annoying when you first have to get there

Thank you very much for staying at J-Hoppers Kyoto. We are sorry to here that you felt like that...we are going to try to make our place's atmosphere warmer and more friendly...And hope to see you again.

Great hostel, great staff and great location. Definitely worth it!

Thank you very much! it was great to see you here! Hope your interview went well and next year we could meet again! Look forward to knowing more Welsh words!

Everything you need here comfortable sleep friendly beds great kitchen free computers bikes etc, Special thanks to Cecelia and very nice Russian lady at reception

We were very glad to see you in our hostel! It is always nice to have friendly and thoughtful guests!Thank you for your review! We hope that you also enjoyed your trip to Tokyo! Special greetings from Hong Konger and Russian)

friendly staff and good atmosphere at the hostel, however the location is 10 minutes walk from the train station, so it's not very convenient. all the attractions are not within walking distance.

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere in our guest house! We hope to see you next time when you visit Kyoto!

I had a great time! It's a really cute little place. Staff was extremely nice and helpful, beds were comfortable and everything was super clean. I'd definitely stay here again!

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad that our guest house became a little home for you! We would be happy to see you again!