J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Great location, great service, great facilities.

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving some wonderful comments! We deeply appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon, cheers :D

It is close to the Kyoto station - about 5-10 minutes walk from it. Staff very helpfull. Curtains on the beds were very good so nobody was bothered while sleeping. It maybe lacks a little bit of atmosphere because at that time nobody was hanging in the common space. Maybe just not the right time to visit.

Thank you for your comment. We usually have somebody in the common space, but because of cherry blossoms season, almost all the guests enjoyed hanging out at outside of hostel...hope that there is somebody in the common space next time you visit=)

the staff was very nice and helped me a lot, the room was nice and every bed had curtains to make it little bit more private. hostel was around 10-15mins walk from kyoto station.

A really warm atmosphere created through toughtful decorating of the floor and rooms. Also the staff is very friendly and helpful. I hope I can stay there one more time in the future!

• 17th Mar 2014

Thank you for your lovely comment :) We love talk with guests and hope you come back soon!!!

Very nice place, staff is incredibly kind, helpfull and friendly.

Gracias por buen comentario :) Esperamos que nos veremos pronto!!!

Staff seemed unfriendly and annoyed . Place was freezing cold the entire time ! There passive aggressive notes all over the place! (Like telling you to not put room temp over 20 degreees or example) you feel like your a 5 year old child.Showers were so uncomfortable and so cold , no where to put your stuff so you have to put everything on the floor. Not enough room in the common room for everyone .Out of all the hostels I've stayed at , Japan and otherwise this was my most unfavores.

I stayed at two J-hoppers hostels during my trip in Japan, and I have to say that J-hoppers Osaka is better. But still, this hostel is definitely value for money and the location is perfect. Staffs are OK, quite helpful. My only complaint is the chilly corridors during winter but not really a big deal. Oh, and one thing I love most is the bed! It's cozy, comfy and very spacious and I can fit my huge luggage even when I'm sleeping on the upper deck.

Thank you for your comment. Kyoto is colder than Osaka in winter and hotter in summer. We all hope that you will come back soon!

Great place, great staff, can't wait to come back!

Love the futon blankets. The reception staff are incredibly helpful and facilities easy enough to use. Comfortable experience.

• 6th Feb 2014

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! We hope you had a good time in Kyoto and also Takayama/Shirakawago area. Did you enjoy the old villages? We are looking forward to seeing you again someday. :)

Nice place, good tatami twin room. An elevator would have been great, since we were on the 5th floor. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

Thank you very much for staying with us! We look forward to meeting you again in the future.

We expected that it would be poor because it is so cheap less than our expectation. However, we got shocked when we arrived to here. We had a half-baked idea!!! First, it's so close from Kyoto station, around 5min by walking. Second, it's so clean and comportable place to stay. Services and Staffs were so nice. Don't hestitate if you get a chance to get a room at J-Hoppers!!

• 27th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We are so glad to hear that you liked our place. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future! Arigatou gozaimasu :)

The staff is so nice,location is so convenient:-)

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! We hope you had a good time here in Kyoto! See you around :)

There is a really great supermarket about five minutes walk east of the hostel. Staff really friendly & knowledgable. We were there New Year & that had a sign up telling you what sights were open/shut & when - very useful!

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving awesome comments here. Yes, near the hostel there are a supermarket, two convenience stores, subway station and a bus stop that you can get to the downtown area easily. We are so glad to know you had a good time in Kyoto :) Hope we can see you again someday!

Definitely staying there again when I head back to Kyoto. Staff was friendly and offered to carry our luggage up as there wasn't a lift. Value for money and will recommend to others.

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are happy to help to carry the bags to the room. Looking forward to meeting you again in near future. Arigatou gozaimasu :)

Great hostel, close to bus line, subway; maybe 5 blocks from Kyoto Station. Eateries and convenience store within 2 min. Loved the loft style bunk bed. Super cozy and so glad there are curtains around bed. Kitchen and rec rm fantastic and comfortable. I was very happy with the comfort and location of this hostel. Staff friendly and hlpful. There are kimonos to try on-lots of fun.

For the price we paid, the experience was an extremely pleasant one! Felt so homely and the people are so friendly as well! Rooms and amenities are extremely clean, couldn't ask for more!

Wow! Thank you so much for your lovely comment :) We are happy that you are very satisfied. Hope you'll come back soon!

Everything was as described. I got lots of information about Kyoto when checking in and had a wonderful evening with Japanese hot pot and some other guests, which was all organized by the staff. I am definitely looking forward to staying there again sometime!

Thank you very much for your stay and lovely message. We organize a party sometimes. We are glad you could join us and enjoyed it very much. We hope to see you again someday in the future!

J-Hoppers are always good, and this one didn't disappoint. Watch out for the stairs though!

Thank you very much for your lovely comment. We are glad to hear that you liked J-Hoppers and looking forward to your next opportunity!

Very friendly staff! Very helpful. Location is approx 5 min walk from Kyoto station, easy to find! Will be back next time I visit Kyoto

Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad to hear you had a good time here. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers :)

About a 10 minute walk from the JR Kyoto station and easily accessible by city bus. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the facilities are plentiful and clean. I stayed in a dorm and would recommend it to other travelers.

Thank you for your lovely comment :) We hope see you soon in kyoto!!