J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

We really enjoyed the stay at J-Hoppers in Kyoto. The staff is really nice and the provides useful information like the weather forecast for the day. Thank you very much for having us.

Thank you for giving us the great review :) :) :) We LOVE working here and chatting with guests! Hope see you very soon!

Got troubles talking to staff in English except the female receptionist. The position of the air-con is weird, with thick duvet provided in summer... Others are so-so, the share space is not that backpackers atmosphere but the living is really valuable and private enough...

Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope that you had a good time here...we will do our best to make our hostel more comfortable and hope to see you again.

Love love love this hostel! The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and the hostel is in a great location. I also really appreciated the curtains on each bunk bed to help block out light if and the shelving for those on the top bunks so you don't have to climb up and down to access your stuff. Anyway, great hostel and I would definitely book again.

Thank you very much for staying with us! And we are so glad to know you loved our hostel. We are looking forward to meeting you again someday in near future!

A very good hostel! Clean, friendly staff, nice beds!

Loved my stay at J-Hoppers. This is a well run hostel.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Thank you very much for your kind comment. Hope you enjoyed traveling Kyoto. We look forward to seeing you again!:)

This hostel is very close to the Kyoto station so it's easily to go sightseeing. They have a discounted bus pass so definitely get that if you're going sightseeing since this city is heavily reliant on the bus system. Facilities are great but the dryer doesn't dry well on the first time around. You have to put your clothes through twice. The staff is great and the rooms are nice and spacious. There's no elevator but it's not a terrible climb up the stairs. I would definitely stay here again.

Thank you very much for your stay and lovely comment about us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us. We are looking forward to meeting you again someday in the future!

Great hostel, one staff member I found was a little more helpful than another but overall everyone was nice. Easy laundry facilities and good kitchen, I liked the location near the station because there was an easy bus link to Gion and also I don't mind a bit of a walk.

Thank you for your comment :) We hope you enjoyed Kyoto and J-Hoppers! See you next time!

I love having curtains on the bed and lockers, just what is provided here. It's not far from the train station either:)

Thank you for your comment. We are 5-7min walk from Hachijo exit, Kyoto station.

The staff were very friendly and I particularly enjoyed the noodle catching party on the first night of my stay! The hostel was very conveniently located just under 10 minutes walk away from Kyoto's main train station and is also under 5 minutes away from one of the subway stops. My dorm was very spacious and comfortable and lockers were provided for valuables. I would definitely recommend this hostel and plan to stay there again if I go back to Kyoto!

Thank you for your review! It was very nice to see at J-hoppers Kyoto! We have noodle party every summer! you are always welcome!!!So hope to see you again soon!

A fantastically run hostel with equally helpful staff! Clean, comfortable, and an excellent location. The other travellers there at the time were friendly making for a lovely atmosphere. The only reason I didn't rate Security as excellent is that not everyone in my dorm locked the door. Just a friendly reminder for anyone who shares a room - please always lock the door even if you're out only for a few minutes. While Japan is a very safe country, not all are so good! Highly recommended hostel!

• 20th Aug 2014

we are very happy to get such a nice review! thank you a lot! we'll try to check if the doors of dormitory rooms are closed! hope to see you next time!

Amazing location, just down the street from the train station. But most amazing is the team that works there. We got stranded there for a day and a half because of heavy rain and they helped to call our next hostel to cancel the reservations without penalty, and also made curry rice dinner knowing that all the restaurants and even convenience stores in the area had closed because of the storm. Highly recommend!

it was nice to see you at our hostel! thank`s for your review. we hope you enjoyed Kyoto even though it was raining. We are looking forward to seeing you again, hopefully, in sunny day!

I spent a good 2 nights here and it was worth the money. Its was clean, the staff were friendly and the beds were comfortable, cant really ask for more. Thank you guys for a most pleasant stay. Also in a perfect location to start sightseeing Kyoto.

• 30th Jul 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely message. We are glad to hear that. Please come back anytime you can! We are looking forward to meeting you again :)

1 2 Next » last »