J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

* great location; only 10 minutes walking from Kyoto station * nice staff answering inquiry in details and doing the beat arrangement (I can do my check-in as soon as I arrived and no need to wait until 3 PM since there is a vacancy!) * nice and clean toilet and bathroom * great for 1-person-traveler as well

• 11th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are glad to hear you liked being here. Please come back anytime you can. We are looking forward to meeting you again!

Jhoppers hostels are the best! This one is close to the kyoto station and the staff are super friendly. You can even try on a kimono!

Thank you so much for your comment. We are glad to hear that you had a good time. Hope to see you again!

I cannot find words to express my gratitude for what i found in this hostel. Staff is excellent, the girls are very friendly and always ready to solve any problems you have. They give you information about what to do, when, where. The hostel itself is very clean and confortable. In few words, the best choice to stay in Kyoto as much time as you like.

Muchisimas Gracias! Since we talked a looooooot of "pavadas" every day, We are already missing you! Hope see you somewhere in the world again :) Arigato!!!

Very convenient location. Nice staff and atmosphere. During my stay there was this cute Japanese family that stayed there also, and when I was in the kitchen/lounge area at night, they gave me some mitarashi dango. Very nice of them. So the people and the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming.

So happy to know you had a good time here! We were happy to welcome you and hoping to see you again :)

Close to the railway station Staff very very nice clean place i like it alot

• 4th May 2014

Thank you very much for staying at our place. We are glad to know that you had a good time here. We look forward to seeing you again!

Fantastic staff! They are extremely helpful, dedicated, and friendly. I felt at home there. They gave me a royal treatment! They are very knowledgable about the area, so they helped a lot in planning my trips. I am the kind of person who get lost everywhere, so I highly appreciate their help. These wonderful people walk the extra mile for any guest . Free tea, shampoo, soap, and even detergent are also provided. I recommend this place 1000% !

Muchisimas Gracias :) You are super brave woman and we learned a lot of things from you! We hope you have a safe travel and always happy! See you again hopefully soon!!! Un abrazo gigantisimo \(^ ^)/

Very friendly and comfortable.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Japan

We appreciate your kind comments. Take care and hope to see you again!

Good hostel. very close the kyoto station so you can get to anywhere easily. Location is not in a busy area so pretty much quite. Nice and relax. Bed are comfortable and sleeping area are big enough for 1 person. Would stay here again if I come back.

Thank you for your lovely comment :) Yes, Our beds are original made and very comfortable! Hope see you very soon hahaha :)

Backpacking around Japan with three others, and needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at J-Hoppers. Our only regret is in not booking in advance so we could stay the weekend, as those periods are usually packed. Nonetheless, in the couple of days we were there we managed to mingle with some other hoppers, as well as the very friendly staff. Has a very nice, cozy atmosphere about the place, furnishings are more than adequate. Very convenient location. Would definitely recommend! 5/5

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you very much for your comment :) We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes. From the end of April to the first week of May is Golden Week in Japan. So many people travel and all hotels are fully booked. Hope you will come back soon!!!

The room was perfect,spacious and clean. It's easy to reach,I recommend this hostel.

Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again!

Great location, great service, great facilities.

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving some wonderful comments! We deeply appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon, cheers :D

Very kind reception people, very good recomendation to sightseeing, clean and comfortable, thank you!

Thank you so so much for your comments! We hope you enjoyed your stay here. Hope to see you again soon!

It is close to the Kyoto station - about 5-10 minutes walk from it. Staff very helpfull. Curtains on the beds were very good so nobody was bothered while sleeping. It maybe lacks a little bit of atmosphere because at that time nobody was hanging in the common space. Maybe just not the right time to visit.

Thank you for your comment. We usually have somebody in the common space, but because of cherry blossoms season, almost all the guests enjoyed hanging out at outside of hostel...hope that there is somebody in the common space next time you visit=)

the staff was very nice and helped me a lot, the room was nice and every bed had curtains to make it little bit more private. hostel was around 10-15mins walk from kyoto station.

A really warm atmosphere created through toughtful decorating of the floor and rooms. Also the staff is very friendly and helpful. I hope I can stay there one more time in the future!

• 17th Mar 2014

Thank you for your lovely comment :) We love talk with guests and hope you come back soon!!!

Very nice place, staff is incredibly kind, helpfull and friendly.

Gracias por buen comentario :) Esperamos que nos veremos pronto!!!

Staff seemed unfriendly and annoyed . Place was freezing cold the entire time ! There passive aggressive notes all over the place! (Like telling you to not put room temp over 20 degreees or example) you feel like your a 5 year old child.Showers were so uncomfortable and so cold , no where to put your stuff so you have to put everything on the floor. Not enough room in the common room for everyone .Out of all the hostels I've stayed at , Japan and otherwise this was my most unfavores.

I stayed at two J-hoppers hostels during my trip in Japan, and I have to say that J-hoppers Osaka is better. But still, this hostel is definitely value for money and the location is perfect. Staffs are OK, quite helpful. My only complaint is the chilly corridors during winter but not really a big deal. Oh, and one thing I love most is the bed! It's cozy, comfy and very spacious and I can fit my huge luggage even when I'm sleeping on the upper deck.

Thank you for your comment. Kyoto is colder than Osaka in winter and hotter in summer. We all hope that you will come back soon!

1 2 Next » last »