J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest House Reviews

51-2, Nakagoryo-cho, Higashikujo, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan

My experience at J-Hoppers Kyoto Guest house was amazing. I enjoyed a lot my days at this place. Its very close to the train station, so I get there very easily. The place was clean, rooms and toilets… I rent them a bike mostly everyday, its so nice to move that way in Kyoto. The people working there ( Erika, Cecilia, Yuria…) gave me great advices of what to visit or where to eat. I also share with them a funny Halloween night! Absolutely recommended. I felt like at home. Thanks girls!

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Muchas Gracias por tu comment! We are sure that you had great days because you are great person! We are really happy to know such a happy and peaceful person like you :) We really hope that see you again (^ ^) Eskerrik asko!!!

Location is easy to find, nearby restaurants for easy dining option. I had a great time at j hoppers.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you very much for your review! Hope to see you again! May be in spring (when sakura is in blossom)?

I spent 2 nights in J-Hoppers Kyoto. Location is very nice, near Kyoto station. the staff is very friendly and we can borrow a yukata to be used there. the minus side is the place is cold. i went there on autumn and the cold weather go inside the room. it's very inconvenient. the shower is sucks because we have to push the button every minute. and also they don't have lift to go up..

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry for the inconvenience...hope you had a good time here.

the staff seemed as if they couldn't be bothered to do anything for you while you were there.... took a good five minutes for anyone to show up at the counter during check-in, the building is five or six floors full of bunk beds... facilities and rooms perfectly fine for the budget traveller, location convenient to the train though being south of the station is a bit annoying when you first have to get there

Thank you very much for staying at J-Hoppers Kyoto. We are sorry to here that you felt like that...we are going to try to make our place's atmosphere warmer and more friendly...And hope to see you again.

Great hostel, great staff and great location. Definitely worth it!

Thank you very much! it was great to see you here! Hope your interview went well and next year we could meet again! Look forward to knowing more Welsh words!

Everything you need here comfortable sleep friendly beds great kitchen free computers bikes etc, Special thanks to Cecelia and very nice Russian lady at reception

We were very glad to see you in our hostel! It is always nice to have friendly and thoughtful guests!Thank you for your review! We hope that you also enjoyed your trip to Tokyo! Special greetings from Hong Konger and Russian)

friendly staff and good atmosphere at the hostel, however the location is 10 minutes walk from the train station, so it's not very convenient. all the attractions are not within walking distance.

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere in our guest house! We hope to see you next time when you visit Kyoto!

I had a great time! It's a really cute little place. Staff was extremely nice and helpful, beds were comfortable and everything was super clean. I'd definitely stay here again!

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad that our guest house became a little home for you! We would be happy to see you again!

J-Hoppers Kyoto was absolutely the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff were amazingly helpful, personable, and friendly. It is also the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in - they clean every inch, every day! It was wonderful. The common room was fun, open and sunny. The only drawback is that it's a teensy bus ride away from most sites I wanted to see, but it was so small an issue that I will stay there again for sure next time I'm in Kyoto and definitely recommend it to friends.

Thank you very much for your review! It is great to have such positive and nice people like you in our guest house! You make our work so interesting and exciting! Hope to see you next time! We'll look for new places with vegetarian menu! Look forward to seeing you again!

We really enjoyed the stay at J-Hoppers in Kyoto. The staff is really nice and the provides useful information like the weather forecast for the day. Thank you very much for having us.

Thank you for giving us the great review :) :) :) We LOVE working here and chatting with guests! Hope see you very soon!

Got troubles talking to staff in English except the female receptionist. The position of the air-con is weird, with thick duvet provided in summer... Others are so-so, the share space is not that backpackers atmosphere but the living is really valuable and private enough...

Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope that you had a good time here...we will do our best to make our hostel more comfortable and hope to see you again.

Love love love this hostel! The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and the hostel is in a great location. I also really appreciated the curtains on each bunk bed to help block out light if and the shelving for those on the top bunks so you don't have to climb up and down to access your stuff. Anyway, great hostel and I would definitely book again.

Thank you very much for staying with us! And we are so glad to know you loved our hostel. We are looking forward to meeting you again someday in near future!

A very good hostel! Clean, friendly staff, nice beds!

1 2 Next » last »