JBN Hostel/ Stephanie Reviews

Welschdorfli 19, Chur, Switzerland

breakfast not as good as SJHA hostels.

• 23rd Jan 2016

Overall we enjoyed our stay and were pleasantly surprised by the food left for us in the common room. The only issue we had was with the showers (on the 2nd floor) which malfunctioned and didn't give us a proper flow of hot water and made it almost impossible to shower.

• 19th Jan 2016

Disappointing stay. Check-in staff did the bare minimum, did not provide details about Wifi/kitchen/breakfast until prompted. Only a quilt cover was provided - no sheets - so you effectively sleep on a mattress protector. Two toilets per floor (men/women separate), and there was no light for one of them. No lockers in rooms - there were small safes, but none were free (two were missing batteries). Far worse than similarly priced hostels in other Swiss cities. Would not stay here again.

Not bad hostel. Staff was friendly but seemed annoyed that I was there. The room was clean and comfortable, and bathrooms were good.

I was only in chur for one night, but overall I was happy with my stay. I stayed in the largest dorm, but there were only three of us there that night! I would recommend, despite it being expensive, but that's just Switzerland.

Only hostel around so it was good considering no competition. Didn't like how it was sandwiched between all the towns strip clubs, as a female, the vibe around there was just creepy men. But stayed inside mostly and it was fine. Didn't get the breakfast because I was in the big room and it was about 9 euro extra for a piece of bread. But nice place, cute town