JGH Tokyo Reviews

2-11-11 Nishi-Kawaguchi,kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan

This was our 3rd stay at JGH, our previous 2 were during off times and much better. The last time we stayed was 3yrs ago.The staff is friendly but the "quiet time" is supposed to be from 2200-600. There is dirty grime all over the floor

We got what we pay for. This place is so small yet so cheap. Our room is like 4 square meter for 4 people. That's definetely too small, but considering what we pay for (1626 yen per night per person) we can't complain right. At least this place is clean enough.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

great atmosphere. it is enough just for a place to sleep. friendly atmosphere with other tenants. a bit small but we experienced the real "packed" tokyo impression XD

Good enough for my budget in Japan. Mieko-san is friendly

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Probably the most cramped hostel I've stayed at, BUT it more than makes up for it with the intimate atmosphere, the cheapness (by Tokyo standards at least) and the friendly staff.

It was a nice hostel and a perfect place to meet people and actually might continue the adventure with them. The staff is amazing. Everything was very nice.

I loved every moment of my stay! There is nothing I can fault this hostel on! I've been spoiled, it doesn't get better than this! Thank you so very much for making my trip to japan even better than I could have ever imagined!

• 11th Mar 2014

Don't have that much positive to say except for the staff! She was very helpful and nice!

Shockingly Small! Not even an arms width! Rooms separated by a sheet! Kitchen filthy! Would turn you off cooking there. Not sure beds are changed (folded over duvet as mattress)

Good basic facilities available and sufficient for resting .and economical plus staff (Ayumi) is very friendly and helpful.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

I had a great stay at JGH, everyone was really friendly, the staff were great and I had no worries about leaving stuff unattended in my room. Awesome time, wish I could have stayed longer.

Súper tiny bedrooms, SÚPER tiny

I actually haven't been there and just notified my cancellation in the last minute, which could bring some trouble to JGH's business, but the host is very kind and generous to express his understanding to my situation. We have kind long conversation via e-mail, and thus I'll give it a grade above than its average. May consider it next time!

Room X couldn't quite close and the bathroom on the bottom floor smelled. Everything else was great!

Despite not seeming very secure on first glance the hostel really gave me no reason to be worried about my stuff even though there are no lockers. The staff is awesome and fun to talk to and the atmosphere in general is really nice. Of course there are those tourist that care mostly about party and might keep you awake at night, but thats not the hostels fault and the staff is very understanding about such problems. They really tried their best at helping with the noise and it mostly worked. Thx

It is a lovely hostel and for the money you pay is great, it is true that space is little but its enough if you just sleep, it has good kitchens, location is far but mo matter where you stay in tokio you will allways have to take the metro, so it is ok. Good restaurants and markets to buy food. Cheap and good! I would go back!

JGH Tokyo is a little bit far from Tokyo downtown but you can take JR to here for just maybe 30 to 40 minutes. Although it's really tiny room here, but price is really great. If you don't have enough budget to travel in Tokyo, maybe you can check this Hostel. It's really quiet and clean, also have kitchen, toilet, shower room, and also convenience store around 2 blocks.

I stayed in one of the "capsule" style beds. I liked it but it was really small so I could see how others may not feel comfortable in one. To be honest, at this point this hostel is a bit expensive for what you get. Small space, no lockers and a bit far from Tokyo center. For example I stayed at the new Khaosan World hostel smack dab in the middle of bustling Asakusa the night before for slightly less money. That hostel had tons of space and provided lockers with locks for free, great location.

Very very veeeery small place. But good enough for the price. If you don't need a lot of space or you're a traveler, this will be just fine. It's the perfect place for real travelers to meet, and there are so many awesome people staying at this place!

Great place for a budget stay. The room where I stayed was practically just a bunk bed with enough space to to get out of it and some storage underneath. Nevertheless all of it was efficiently arranged and quite usable. The staff was very helpful and spoke English which is a rarity in Japan.