JGH Tokyo Reviews

2-11-11 Nishi-Kawaguchi,kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan

As far as hostels go it was clean. Very small but this is Tokyo. I had no complaints. Very nice staff, very homey, and a strong sense of community. Also, complimentary tea was nice.

Very friendly staff and value for money...

I really enjoyed my time in the hostel, because I could have found alone travellers like me and share our experiences and stories during the dinner,and the place is really cosy.

• 15th Nov 2013

It was a really hostel, my tips are: get a room on first floor which the wi-fi signal is stronger and get a room with at most four people.

• 14th Nov 2013

Love this place, love the staff, LOVE it!!

I travelled with my kids. I was interested how the owner wrote about the guest house. But actually it is not like that. With the map and direction they gave us, it was not easy to find the GH. And it is not a kind place to stay with kids. So I cancelled my 3 days booking there and stay 1 night only. The owner should write about it. The room was so little with beds for 5 people, only 2,5 x 3 meter. Lucky me that the owner is a nice lady and can speak english well.

It was good, I will come back maybe.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed staying at JGH, extending multiple times. It is very cosy and they pack in as many beds as possible, but I actually enjoyed this aspect as the whole thing is so well executed. It is very clean, the staff are delightful and attentive, and it's the best value in Tokyo. It's also very quaint, almost an adventure to stay there. If nitpicking, lockers would be nice (though there is one behind the front desk); I advise guests to take a daypack as it's not hard to get into the hostel.

• 26th Oct 2013

It was a lovely place, run by lovely people and I'd definitely return if I found myself in Tokyo again.

1 2 Next » last »