JGH Tokyo Reviews

2-11-11 Nishi-Kawaguchi,kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan

As far as hostels go it was clean. Very small but this is Tokyo. I had no complaints. Very nice staff, very homey, and a strong sense of community. Also, complimentary tea was nice.

Very friendly staff and value for money...

I really enjoyed my time in the hostel, because I could have found alone travellers like me and share our experiences and stories during the dinner,and the place is really cosy.

• 15th Nov 2013

It was a really hostel, my tips are: get a room on first floor which the wi-fi signal is stronger and get a room with at most four people.

• 14th Nov 2013

Love this place, love the staff, LOVE it!!

I travelled with my kids. I was interested how the owner wrote about the guest house. But actually it is not like that. With the map and direction they gave us, it was not easy to find the GH. And it is not a kind place to stay with kids. So I cancelled my 3 days booking there and stay 1 night only. The owner should write about it. The room was so little with beds for 5 people, only 2,5 x 3 meter. Lucky me that the owner is a nice lady and can speak english well.

It was good, I will come back maybe.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed staying at JGH, extending multiple times. It is very cosy and they pack in as many beds as possible, but I actually enjoyed this aspect as the whole thing is so well executed. It is very clean, the staff are delightful and attentive, and it's the best value in Tokyo. It's also very quaint, almost an adventure to stay there. If nitpicking, lockers would be nice (though there is one behind the front desk); I advise guests to take a daypack as it's not hard to get into the hostel.

• 26th Oct 2013

It was a lovely place, run by lovely people and I'd definitely return if I found myself in Tokyo again.

The hostel is small and has only the basics. It is the best value in Tokyo and I would recommend anyone to stay there if you are trying to saving money. The staff was super nice and very helpful. It was very clean and only a 20 min train ride to downtown. Cheap + Clean+ Friendly= more travel.

Very nice atmosphere an very friendly and helpful staff. This hostel is very good for the price and is also a funny experience thanks to its traditional side. However, the location is pretty far from the center of Tokyo and the additional far you may add in metro can make it less interesting. Next time I would rather book a hostel a little bit more expensive but closer to Tokyo.

Very small sleeping quarters but they were clean and it was as expected. Great value and the staff is very friendly.

Habitaciones separadas por planchas de madera fina, sin puertas y con ventanas plastificadas. Muy pequeño y muy destartalado y cutre. Hacía pena. La habitación doble privada media unos 3m2 y eran literas. Las paredes de madera fina con otras habitaciones no llegaban al techo.

Hostel has an easy to find location and feels incredibly safe. The beds are small and crammed together but for the money it was great. Reccomended for people who want to meet others from around the world.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Value for money place, although too small rooms.

Thank you very much for your stayed. We are so sorry for the inconvenience. "Budget twin room" is smaller private room, we are sorry. But we appreciate for your stayed. Thank you again. From JGH Mieko and Ayumi

The owner seemed to think that my husband and I were upset about the size of the room; but, that is not the case. We understand that in big cities, larger rooms aren't likely. What we were not pleased with was that we reserved a PRIVATE room online. Instead, we were shown a larger room that was split into multiple rooms with plywood. there was at least a 6 in. gap between the the top of the "wall" to the ceiling. You could hear everything and everyone. Also, the toilette rooms smelled like urin

• 18th Sep 2013

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Ever. They had signs everywhere mentioning how yes the space was small but for the price paid it was worth it. It wasn't. The room i was in didn't have a door, was connected to the entry-way and you could see and HEAR everything. I was also on the top bunk-bed. There was no ladder or anything to keep you from falling out. The other side was a window to the kitchen. I would have been better off in my sleeping bag in a park. safer too

• 18th Sep 2013

This hostel is really small but beds are still comfortable. Surprisingly we didn't even get a key because there's nothing to lock. Also the toilet was quite smelly. Nevertheless, staff was really friendly and tried to help us if we had any questions (especially because of the typhoon going on). This place is good for low budget travelers since it's pretty cheap.

It was nice, I recomend

• 12th Sep 2013

Considering the very affordable price then I would say it was great. Ayumi (staff) was very nice and friendly, wifi was free and partially working upstairs (good downstairs) and people were nice. Rooms of 3-6 people are great, more then it becomes problematic and we were normally 4. There are no locks though so I can see some people more conservative/unsecure being bothered by that but I normally kept my valueables on me anyways so it was find. Probably book again if I want to save money!