JGH Tokyo

Fabulous 416 Total Reviews
Fabulous 416 Total Reviews

27th Jul 2017
5.1

It was pretty far from the nearest JR station (15 minutes), the no talking rule after 10pm was not enforced whatsoever which was a problem at 1am, and the walls are very thin so you could hear everything right outside of the dorm. Their is no common room either and small kitchen with maybe two chairs. The only redeeming quality was the staff and price. Those were great.

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2017
6.0

The owner was being friendly with me, but I was irritated with her constantly opening my door asking if I'd seen someone without knocking. She opened my door at least 6 times while fixing a bed next to me, or asking the same question. I didn't really want to be bothered. The night staff was rude and another man was friendly. I didn't like how the door was always open, and how lax the checking out is. They have free wifi, rice cooker, washer machine, and refrigerator.

13th Jul 2017
7.1

The staff was great. However, there was only one shower for the whole building. Also there was no security at all.

7th Jul 2017

You get what you pay for! This place is convenient and cheap. It's very utilitarian, but everyone was nice and friendly. I liked the neighborhood too.

7th Jul 2017
4.9

Probably the worst value for money I've ever paid at a hostel. Pros: The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the air con works well. Cons:The wifi is UNUSABLE! I had to go to a convenience store any time I wanted to use wifi. So I had to walk half a kilometer each way to use wifi. This is unacceptable.There is no real common area and what is there is not cooled. So you sweat while you eat.The shower is in the "kitchen", but is seperated by a shoddy wooden partition.Should be 1000 yen,no more

• chloebarnes915387
  • England, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2017
4.3

Meiko seemed lovely and reassuring when we arrived at the hostel. It has comfy beds, one good shower & ok cooking facilities. 1 big problem; we were in the mixed dorm, the man left in charge (Logan) was unbearable. He was drunk 3 nights that we stayed. He was loud, inconsiderate & did nothing to stop other loud rude guests that woke us up at 3am on several nights. He was inappropriate, unprofessional and made us feel uncomfortable during the stay. Would not recommend staying in mixed dorm.

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2017
7.1

Very difficult to find maybe because the directions listed are not easy to follow. Quite a cramped feeling to the building and irritating lack of plugpoints beside the bed but very nice staff and good atmosphere. I left during the middle of a downpour and the hostel owner offered me an umbrella to take with me even though she knew I wouldn't be able to return it which I thought was the most incredible and kind hospitality

24th Jun 2017
8.0

JGH was exactly what we needed - a cheap, quiet place to relax in-between other locations on our trip while still being near Tokyo. The local sento (せんとう) just a minute away was a surprising plus!

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
23rd Jun 2017
5.7

Floor is very dirty... there have a washing machine but only for staff to wash =.= 20minutes walking distance to kawaguchi station!

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

The loveliest staff you could hope for :) Nice quiet location and clean rooms.