JGH Tokyo Reviews

13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan

雰囲気がよく、スタッフの方も親切でした。 部屋は狭いですが、繁忙期でなければ人口密度も低いと思います。 駅からは10分程度ありますが、スーパーやコンビニも近くにあり、西川口へ行けば安い食べ物もたくさんあるので、 ゆっくり滞在したい人にはいいのではないでしょうか。 欧米人が多いので英語の勉強になります。

Very cramped in dorms, no place for luggage. Shower was a joke very small. For a hostel it was very small too many people for such a tight space.

The staff was so amazing and friendly! The girl that worked the front desk would clean for at least 5 hours a day. The place is pretty busy they have a lot of bunks per room. Over all it was a great stay. If you are looking for fancy facilities might not be the right fit for you.

the wifi works in the room (our room was right next to the reception though), the hostel is located about 15 min walking from JR station kawaguchiko, we did all our Tokyo sightseeing by using our JR pass except for Odaiba, you have to take a metro there (some of our days required 20 km walking but we didn't mind, it's exercise after all :) the 2 showers were super tiny and there were no lockers but the hostel felt pretty safe so I'd say no worries..

Alleged 9 minute walk from the station is more like a 20 minute walk. And carrying luggage it takes even more time. Map provided is not helpful at all.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Poland

The shower situation is pretty sketchy - pretty much a converted bath/shower combo to separate bath and shower stalls with particle board and plastic material separating the two. The rooms have triple-decker bunk beds made out of 2x4s with no privacy curtains. The bedding is simple but reasonable for the price of the hostel. The staff is relatively friendly and will provide assistance when needed. The walk from the train station to the hostel is difficult,15 mins, if you are towing a lot.

this hostel leaves a lot to the imagination! If you want a cheap place that your only going to sleep in this is the place for you!!

I enjoyed my stay and would go there again. It's very basic, rough and ready, but hey, that's part of the fun of backpacking, right? If you're squeamish or want 'proper' facilities, stay away, but if you don't mind cheap, impromptu beds and shoddy wooden frames with flimsy curtains around the shower, etc., you'll be fine :)

I booked for 4 nights, but I only stayed 1 b/c the hostel was so uncomfortable. I booked an 11-bed room, but the beds were so packed in that I couldn't sit up on top of my bed-- I had to hunch over. Some girls slept in the futon closet! The shower was a normal shower separated in half with tarp. The wood the tarp was stapled to blocked the door from closing, so people could look in if they pulled back the tarp! The only security? A cardboard sign "Occupied/Vacant." Don't stay here.

JGH is a new set-up, so they were working on improvements even while I was there. However, in the meantime, this hostel is a little weird. The beds are very hard, and definitely not traditional japanese futons (which are quite comfortable). The bed is basically a thin mat on the floor or on raised wood platforms. The company at the hostel was good, and other travellers gathered in the living room. The staff were incredibly nice and accomodating.

they are still setting everything up so it's a bit unorganized. the bedroomd have what seem likr homr made beds and the designs are bad, the bunks are quite high from the ground and if you're on the top you hit your head on the ceiling. there are no kitchen facilities except a small fridge and only 1 shower.