JGH Tokyo

Fabulous 345 Total Reviews
Fabulous 345 Total Reviews

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Mar 2017

We had a really lovely time at Mieko-san's place. It is only a short, enjoyable walk from Kawaguchi Station and was easy to find (it is also accessible to-and-from Tokyo with a JR Pass). It was very relaxed and cozy, and we found it was a nice place to retreat to after a hectic day in the city. Also, for people worried about language difficulties, Mieko speaks excellent English and you will be fine! Thank you again, Mieko-san! :)

• Canada, Male, 25-30
16th Mar 2017

Had a great time staying at JGH hostel, the owner is such a wonderful woman. Would recommend to anyone that doesn't mind taking an easy train ride into Tokyo! Overall great place to stay and for 20$ quite a steal :)

• USA, Male, 18-24
12th Mar 2017

JGH is an excellent choice for travelers who want to save some cash when looking for a place to stay, and don't mind being outside Tokyo. The rooms have locks if security is on your mind, but everyone who was there while I stayed were excellent people, so I had no worries about leaving my things in my room while I went out. I met some awesome travelers while I was there and most everyone was very social. Mieko is super friendly and helpful! Definitely check out the bath house nearby.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
3rd Mar 2017
6.9

Alright place to stay in Tokyo, friendly staff, however there was no social interactions between guests. It probably didn't help that there isn't much space for people to hang out and the kitchen is small.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
24th Feb 2017

I have stayed twice at JGH, in September 2016 and February 2017. The owner, Mieko and her assistant Mika do everything to make you feel home away from home. I have also always met great people there. Although it is a bit far from the city centre you can easily get there by train. As the hostel is located in a residential area it is very safe. There is no common room, but in my opinion it is not a problem as most people gather in the hallway or the kitchen. Would book JGH again.

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
17th Feb 2017

I feel like Home very comfortable and mieko is super friendly!

• Australia, Male, 41+
15th Feb 2017

WONDERFUL

• Italy, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

Our stay has been a one night stay, we checked in very late informingthe hostel of the change only few hours before our supposed time of arrival, they still managed to arrange the late check in for us. We walked around the hostel and finding the room was not difficult. The next day on the moment of checking out the girl helpd us with finding underground directions. The only thing is, as they say, download the offline map on your phone! You WILL need it!

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Value for money indeed and Mieko is very nice. We arrived late so she left a note for us with our room # indicated. She let us sleep even though we have not paid and even if we have not officially checked in yet. How many hostels would do that? Also close to train station and they got all the things you need (even a candy and peanut treat from Mieko :)) would definitely stay there again if I come back to Japan. Thanks for the warm welcome Mieko and for a comfortable stay at your hostel. ;)

28th Jan 2017

I highly recommend JGH. Meiko makes this place! She is the kindest and most helpful person I've encountered on my journey so far!!!