• 13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan
8.8
Fabulous 240 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 240 Total Reviews
JGH Tokyo Located at 13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo.
Japan
Tokyo 332-0022 13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture
88% 240
35.8071682 139.7084972
    Rooms available

• Spain, Female, 31-40
21st Jun 2016

Very nice hostel, the location is not very close to central Tokyo but there is a very good train connexion and the area is very peaceful and quite, nothing compare if you stay in central Tokyo. The owner is lovely lady, she help me to make bus reservation and she also give me advices. Very clean hostel with facilities, comfortable and nice atmosphere. Definitely I recommend it and on my way back to Tokyo I'll stay again there 😊

• France, Female, 25-30
13th Jun 2016

+ : cheap, not difficult to find if you follow the directions provided (about 10 min walk from Kawaguchi station), clean bed and shower room, and last but not least owner Mieko-san is very nice and caring - : common area is small and near the rooms so it is quite noisy at night if people are chatting loudly, not much to do/see in the area. There is only 1 shower but I get up really early so not a problem for me. Overall a great value hostel especially for the really nice and friendly staff.

• England, Couple, 25-30
8th Jun 2016
6.6

The place had a nice atmosphere and host and was sociable. It is good value for the money you pay. However the social area is six stools in the corridor, so people chatting there make it loud in the rooms at night/morning. The kitchenlet is tiny with poor equipment and there is one shower for over 30 people. 15 min walk to the train station.

• asgeirpet9136
  • Iceland, Couple, 25-30
7th Jun 2016

A great place to stay. Mieko is a wonderful person, very helpful. Loved our stay there.

31st May 2016

JGH Tokyo was fantastic; definitely the best place we stayed at on our trip! Mieko-san was kind and her English was great. She was willing to answer any questions we had and even drove us to the train station on our last day. Our room (4 bunk beds) was very comfortable and clean. I had read some previous reviews that complained about the shower. Yes, it is in the kitchen, but there is a large wooden screen blocking the shower off, so it was not awkward at all. I will be staying there again!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
31st May 2016

While it may seem cramped and low quality, the hostel owner was extremely kind and available for contact during the stay and I truly enjoyed my stay. The rooms were clean, there were locks on the door, the bathroom and facilities were clean and it felt like a nice place to call home for the few days that I was there. I most definitely would stay again.

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
28th May 2016

Okaasan greeted me really nice and warmly - totally made my first night in Japan. I got a bit lost trying to find the place - make sure you go to the right when exiting the station. Overall great value stay!

26th May 2016

The hostel is on a quiet street just a short ways via train from Tokyo center. The owner is very kind and keeps the place clean. She is wonderful! This hostel is so cheap but you gain so much from staying here. As a solo female traveler, I felt very safe. The owner really cares for her guests as if they are her own children. There is a public bath, post office, and many convent stores within a 5 minute walk. I can't recommend it more. I extended my stay 5 days longer than I originally planned.

22nd May 2016
8.0

Good option for the budget minded traveler. The owner is very nice and accommodating. Hostel is clean and rooms are adequate. Drawbacks include only 1 shower for the hostel and no common area to meet other travelers. If you have a JR pass you can save a lot of money using the nearby JR line.

• Indonesia, Male, 25-30
20th May 2016

Its nice place with friendly staff, and no doubt its good deal of money. They give you all the information you need , well , overall, its nice place to stay...