JGH Tokyo Reviews

13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan

Mieko-san was so friendly and generous to everyone that I felt that I was a part of a family. :D I love tatami room as well, since it smells good and the room was cozy. It was easy to share impressions and pieces of information about Japan by making friends with people staying together. I was so glad to stay there. Thank you very much! :)

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Mieko is a wonderful host! Please keep up the good job!

Too small

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

I really love the family style feel to it. I made friends very quickly and the staff was just amazing. You feel like you a part of a family. I miss Mieko's daily greetings :). I will definitely go back.

• 7th Jul 2015

JGH was a beautiful place to stay, it's accessible from the main stations like shibuya and Shinjuku, but it far enough away to be chilled out. It's a short walk from the train station, just through the park. Meiko, the beautiful lady that runs the hostel is so so helpful and speaks wonderful English. She helped everyone out wherever she could. This hostel has a great reputation, and so it should. I'll probably stay there again when I go back to Tokyo.

The hostel is a bit far from the touristic places, but is good if you want to see how Tokyo´s people living.

It's really fun to stay here. Everyone just so nice and thoughtful~

The owner of JGH is pleasant, polite and has a great manner to everybody, making my stay at JGH a good one for me. The hostel is clean but located not so close from kawaguchi station, need to walk at least 30 minutes and unless one is confident about street to get to JGH, I recommend using taxi because it cost only 750 yen, very cheap than walking to find one.

There are only two washrooms in the entire hostel. There are a lot of people. there are only two showers but it's really one shower that has been divided with a curtain between. There are no Lockers and the WIFI is temperamental at best. the rooms are very crowded and the beds do not have proper mattresses. It is one of the cheapest hostels in tokyo probably for these reasons. the staff is very kind and helpful, when you can find them. it is hard to communicate with the staff in english.

• 27th May 2015

The staffs were really nice and helpful,and the atmosphere was good.But it's far away from JR station,you need to walk about 25mins,if you have many luggages,you should take a taxi.The shower room was very small,but it's clean.There are convenient stores nearby,the environment is good,hostel is clean,the price is good,I felt comfortable and I met great people there.I will stay at this hostel if I go to Tokyo again.I love JGH Tokyo.Overall,I'll recommend people to stay here who have low budget.

• 21st May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great value for money if you're looking for a cheap night. However, everything is very cramped and there isn't much room to hang out or get organized. The Wi-Fi was quite weak, we often had to wait until no-one was on it to read our emails. The location itself is quite far from anything you'd want to see but accessible by train. The staff was incredibly nice and accomodating, which makes up for the rough facilities. Good place to sleep and meet other travellers but not for much else.

You get what you give. The prices are very cheap and the same you get. Mieko is very friendly and also very helpful but sometimes a little bit overwhelmed. The rooms are small and crammed with three storied bank beds. You can`t sit in your bed but the beds are clean. The bathroom is parted in two which makes it very tight. Kawaguchi is far from the main areas of Tokyo but it has its own shopping and amusement area when you go from Kawaguchi station to the east exit.

I have stayed at many hostels before, but I have never experienced such great customer care! I had unexpected travel delays and unfortunate circumstances. The empolyees at JGH were very helpful and responsive to my needs. I loved the way they care!

The rooms were overcrowded to the extent where it would have been dangerous in an emergency situation. I loved the staff here, they helped us a lot. But everything was to crowded, and the hostel did not have room to host as many people that were there.

This place is not central, so it costs a fair bit of cash each day to get into a central area. This place is super tiny, I stayed in a 9 bed female dorm and there was three triple bunkbeds pushed in a closet size room, there was barely enough space to walk let alone store bags. There is only two toilets and two showers (if you can call them that) for the people staying in the hostel. There was also one plug in in my room to share between 9 people, so you could pretty much forget about charging.

Really nice hostel! Such a nice host! We loved our stay at the JGH Tokyo, The only problem was that we both got problems with our throats because of the dust in the small room and the many people. But otherwise we loved the people there and the atmosphere. I would stay there again!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

The place itself is really small, private rooms are divided into 3 little space rooms where you can sleep, however the atmosphere and wonderful Meiko - the owner of hostel was so fantastic and helpful, really friendly and making the stay really memorable. It's not really far from Tokyo main station or Shinjuku and once you exploring the place you don't really need much more then place to sleep. Small - but nice place. Thank you Meiko San :-).. also the price is good! I'll be back :-)

VERY cramped. Nine-bed female dorm was tiny, no room for luggage- either sleep with it on your bed or clutter up the already crowded hallway. One normal size shower has been converted to two showers so difficult to move in and out of the shower, let alone get dressed in mixed gender bathroom. Common area only has 4 chairs for whole hostel. Location is not close to Tokyo attractions - about a half hour train ride. Nice quiet Japanese neighbourhood.

Very friendly, helpful and caring owner! She can speak English. Quiet neighbourhood. The room was too small, 9 people in 2x3 squared meters, my luggage had to stay out in the corridor. I couldn't sit up in my bed and that meant I had nowhere to sit in the hostel because there's no common area. Bathroom was really clean but the showers are really too small, I think some heavier built people might not succeed at passing through the tiny 'dressing space' to reach the shower at all.

Rather remote but in a nice quiet neighbourhood. Even though the room was small, the hostess was very nice. The last stretch of road to the hostel is unlit at night so it might be dangerous for some. Lots of amenities across the railway tracks.

• 8th Apr 2015