• 13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan

Fabulous 312 Total Reviews
Fabulous 312 Total Reviews
JGH Tokyo Located at 13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo.
Japan
Tokyo 332-0022 13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture
86% 312
35.8071682 139.7084972
    Rooms available

28th Nov 2016

It's a really cozy place to stay and cheap. Owner is very kind.

18th Nov 2016

I really like this hostel and I already miss it. Meiko is very nice and a good person. I will definitely return to this hostel and I recommend for anyone coming to Tokyo to come to this hostel if you want to save your money. Also if you want very good hospitality. Tokyo is very good too. The people are nice and respectful.

• England, Male, 25-30
13th Nov 2016

Good things: 1) Mieko, who runs it, is absolutely charming and does her best to make you happy 2) It's cheap 3) The area is a quiet retreat from the busy Tokyo centre Bad things: 1) There's only one shower and one sink for everyone to use 2) Some of the beds don't have dividing walls, so there's no privacy 3) It's not in a convenient location for Tokyo tourists

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Nov 2016

JGH is the perfect place for you to be staying in Tokyo if you are back packing or on a budget. Its super cheap, very peaceful and relaxing neighbourhood and its a stones throw away from a public bath which is 460 Yen! The supermarket is just down the road, maybe a 5 minute walk which sells everything you could possibly want. The train station is a 10-15 minute straight walk and the train will get you anywhere you want to go in Tokyo. Maiko is the owner and she a wonderful person!

28th Oct 2016
8.0

If you are looking for locations this isn't your place. Yet a back packer always looks for the most secure place to be indeed this isn't feel like a bedroom room it feels like home Mrs Meiko makes you feel warm and well receive I may made not the best friend but always have someone to talk about, cause the environment made by MrsMeiko have done that I wouldnt Miss for the world to stay a couple of days in my next stay just to visit Mrs Meiko. You wouldnt regret it

• USA, Male, 25-30
25th Oct 2016

It is a 10 minute walk to the train. Has grocery store, convenient stores, coin laundry, and bath house near by. The dorm beds were comfortable to me. They are just plywood with a mattress on top. I would bring an extra pillow. You get a small rock hard bead filled pillow. It was great for my neck but a little cushion would have been nice. The owner is very nice and speaks English very well. She gave me a very motherly vibe. The train stops running just before 1 am.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Oct 2016

Lovely staff, place is small but has all the necessities, bit far from main tourist areas but an easy 15-20 min walk from the station

15th Oct 2016
6.0

The staff running this hostel are a family I believe, and I think I showed up during a family reunion. So perhaps my experience has been a bit unusual. Regardless, I experienced three incidents over three days where I waited an absurd amount of time for a receptionist (woman who runs the hostel). The last time was during check out, I was forced to abandon my deposit for a charging adapter (gave it to another hostel go'er). The woman was nice, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Unprofessional.

• USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
15th Oct 2016

A home away from home!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Oct 2016
7.4

Mieko is a wonderful host and the staff at JGH are very willing to help. I was pleased with my stay and satisfied with the value for money, but there were a few things that bothered me. The first thing is that I'm not sure whether the main door was ever locked at night. The area is quite safe but it did worry me. The second is that the microwave did not seem to have been cleaned in a while and gave off a bad smell whenever it was used.