JGH Tokyo Reviews

13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan

I loved Meiko, she was a very nice. She provided a comfortable atmosphere

The hostel itself is a little out of the way of major places to visit. It is in the middle of a big neighborhood down a side street and a little hard to find. (I got lost every time i went out). There are not a whole things to do in the area, so you can train to somewhere. Breakfast was at the 7/11. The washer is for staff only, but she might let you use it. Or you can walk a few blocks to the laundromat. Mieko is a sweetheart, but there are better hostels in Tokyo, I feel.

So this hostel is not actually in Tokyo--- but it's close, only a 30 min JR ride into Shinjuku.. The biggest problems with this hostel is that there was only 1 shower and the aircon was spotty. That being said this hostel is significantly cheaper then all the other hostels around. The lady that owns the place is super sweet and it's clean. If you don't want to spend alot of money stay here--- none of the issues took away from my time in Tokyo and I had a great time!!!

• 12th Aug 2015

I had a great time there, it was always busy and I met a lot of nice people. It is VERY small, there is a tiny table to eat and no space to hang out. But apart from that, the staff was lovely, the place clean and it was cheap.

Mieko-san was so friendly and generous to everyone that I felt that I was a part of a family. :D I love tatami room as well, since it smells good and the room was cozy. It was easy to share impressions and pieces of information about Japan by making friends with people staying together. I was so glad to stay there. Thank you very much! :)

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Japan

Mieko is a wonderful host! Please keep up the good job!

Too small

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

I really love the family style feel to it. I made friends very quickly and the staff was just amazing. You feel like you a part of a family. I miss Mieko's daily greetings :). I will definitely go back.

• 7th Jul 2015

JGH was a beautiful place to stay, it's accessible from the main stations like shibuya and Shinjuku, but it far enough away to be chilled out. It's a short walk from the train station, just through the park. Meiko, the beautiful lady that runs the hostel is so so helpful and speaks wonderful English. She helped everyone out wherever she could. This hostel has a great reputation, and so it should. I'll probably stay there again when I go back to Tokyo.

The hostel is a bit far from the touristic places, but is good if you want to see how Tokyo´s people living.

It's really fun to stay here. Everyone just so nice and thoughtful~

The owner of JGH is pleasant, polite and has a great manner to everybody, making my stay at JGH a good one for me. The hostel is clean but located not so close from kawaguchi station, need to walk at least 30 minutes and unless one is confident about street to get to JGH, I recommend using taxi because it cost only 750 yen, very cheap than walking to find one.

There are only two washrooms in the entire hostel. There are a lot of people. there are only two showers but it's really one shower that has been divided with a curtain between. There are no Lockers and the WIFI is temperamental at best. the rooms are very crowded and the beds do not have proper mattresses. It is one of the cheapest hostels in tokyo probably for these reasons. the staff is very kind and helpful, when you can find them. it is hard to communicate with the staff in english.

• 27th May 2015

The staffs were really nice and helpful,and the atmosphere was good.But it's far away from JR station,you need to walk about 25mins,if you have many luggages,you should take a taxi.The shower room was very small,but it's clean.There are convenient stores nearby,the environment is good,hostel is clean,the price is good,I felt comfortable and I met great people there.I will stay at this hostel if I go to Tokyo again.I love JGH Tokyo.Overall,I'll recommend people to stay here who have low budget.

• 21st May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great value for money if you're looking for a cheap night. However, everything is very cramped and there isn't much room to hang out or get organized. The Wi-Fi was quite weak, we often had to wait until no-one was on it to read our emails. The location itself is quite far from anything you'd want to see but accessible by train. The staff was incredibly nice and accomodating, which makes up for the rough facilities. Good place to sleep and meet other travellers but not for much else.

You get what you give. The prices are very cheap and the same you get. Mieko is very friendly and also very helpful but sometimes a little bit overwhelmed. The rooms are small and crammed with three storied bank beds. You can`t sit in your bed but the beds are clean. The bathroom is parted in two which makes it very tight. Kawaguchi is far from the main areas of Tokyo but it has its own shopping and amusement area when you go from Kawaguchi station to the east exit.

I have stayed at many hostels before, but I have never experienced such great customer care! I had unexpected travel delays and unfortunate circumstances. The empolyees at JGH were very helpful and responsive to my needs. I loved the way they care!

The rooms were overcrowded to the extent where it would have been dangerous in an emergency situation. I loved the staff here, they helped us a lot. But everything was to crowded, and the hostel did not have room to host as many people that were there.

This place is not central, so it costs a fair bit of cash each day to get into a central area. This place is super tiny, I stayed in a 9 bed female dorm and there was three triple bunkbeds pushed in a closet size room, there was barely enough space to walk let alone store bags. There is only two toilets and two showers (if you can call them that) for the people staying in the hostel. There was also one plug in in my room to share between 9 people, so you could pretty much forget about charging.

Really nice hostel! Such a nice host! We loved our stay at the JGH Tokyo, The only problem was that we both got problems with our throats because of the dust in the small room and the many people. But otherwise we loved the people there and the atmosphere. I would stay there again!

• 14th Apr 2015