JGH Tokyo

8.7
Fabulous 333 Total Reviews

• Italy, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

Our stay has been a one night stay, we checked in very late informingthe hostel of the change only few hours before our supposed time of arrival, they still managed to arrange the late check in for us. We walked around the hostel and finding the room was not difficult. The next day on the moment of checking out the girl helpd us with finding underground directions. The only thing is, as they say, download the offline map on your phone! You WILL need it!

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Value for money indeed and Mieko is very nice. We arrived late so she left a note for us with our room # indicated. She let us sleep even though we have not paid and even if we have not officially checked in yet. How many hostels would do that? Also close to train station and they got all the things you need (even a candy and peanut treat from Mieko :)) would definitely stay there again if I come back to Japan. Thanks for the warm welcome Mieko and for a comfortable stay at your hostel. ;)

28th Jan 2017

I highly recommend JGH. Meiko makes this place! She is the kindest and most helpful person I've encountered on my journey so far!!!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
27th Jan 2017

My first ever trip to Japan was made so special by Meiko and her hospitality at this hostel. She was kind, attentive, and such a gracious host. My friends and I only stayed for 3 days and were very pleased. She is very lax and doesn't have a curfew only a quiet time. Its got basic amenities so I was able to buy breakfast at the grocery store to eat before going out. I am def coming back here for my next visit. WARNING DO NOT GO TO THE SUSHI PLACE NEAR BY. HIKED UP PRICES. Go to the grocery store

• Thailand, Female, 18-24
26th Jan 2017

Mieko san is very nice. The place is a bit far from the station though. But over all it's a great place for this price!

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
24th Jan 2017

Lovely place, would recommend to anyone else travelling to Tokyo. We stayed there for the last part of our holiday, the host Mieko was so kind, welcoming and ready to help us. Comfortable rooms, house and a good distance from the local train station, with many other shops, necessities around. I'm very thankful we visited in winter because in summer I doubt we could've got a spot because it is such a great hostel! 10/10 would visit again

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
29th Dec 2016

Mieko San is a wonderful host, who clearly cares about taking the best care of her customers. We had 2 great nights at JGH, perfectly comfortable and satisfied. The beds are fine, the building is very cool, and the neighborhood is pretty and quiet. This hostel is a great deal.

• erikaust1798
  • Australia, Male, 41+
23rd Dec 2016

Lovely manager and a good hostel. Would definitely return.

20th Dec 2016
7.4

Great place and service, the location its a bit far from the city center.. but for this price you wont find any better!

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
10th Dec 2016

Mieko-san is a very responsible and kind person. When I arrived, I was altered and she asked me if I was ok. And, during the check in, she showed me a map with the principal places near the hostel: Onsen, combini, supermarket, station... The next day, she helped me to fix the wheel of my bag I only stayed one night, so I didn't try the shower neither the kitchen, but it seemed ok. The only detail is that is a little bit far of some places of the city, but the relation qualit/price is good.