JGH Tokyo Reviews

13-45, Nakacho,Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama Prefecture, Tokyo, Japan

You get what you give. The prices are very cheap and the same you get. Mieko is very friendly and also very helpful but sometimes a little bit overwhelmed. The rooms are small and crammed with three storied bank beds. You can`t sit in your bed but the beds are clean. The bathroom is parted in two which makes it very tight. Kawaguchi is far from the main areas of Tokyo but it has its own shopping and amusement area when you go from Kawaguchi station to the east exit.

I have stayed at many hostels before, but I have never experienced such great customer care! I had unexpected travel delays and unfortunate circumstances. The empolyees at JGH were very helpful and responsive to my needs. I loved the way they care!

The rooms were overcrowded to the extent where it would have been dangerous in an emergency situation. I loved the staff here, they helped us a lot. But everything was to crowded, and the hostel did not have room to host as many people that were there.

This place is not central, so it costs a fair bit of cash each day to get into a central area. This place is super tiny, I stayed in a 9 bed female dorm and there was three triple bunkbeds pushed in a closet size room, there was barely enough space to walk let alone store bags. There is only two toilets and two showers (if you can call them that) for the people staying in the hostel. There was also one plug in in my room to share between 9 people, so you could pretty much forget about charging.

Really nice hostel! Such a nice host! We loved our stay at the JGH Tokyo, The only problem was that we both got problems with our throats because of the dust in the small room and the many people. But otherwise we loved the people there and the atmosphere. I would stay there again!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

The place itself is really small, private rooms are divided into 3 little space rooms where you can sleep, however the atmosphere and wonderful Meiko - the owner of hostel was so fantastic and helpful, really friendly and making the stay really memorable. It's not really far from Tokyo main station or Shinjuku and once you exploring the place you don't really need much more then place to sleep. Small - but nice place. Thank you Meiko San :-).. also the price is good! I'll be back :-)

VERY cramped. Nine-bed female dorm was tiny, no room for luggage- either sleep with it on your bed or clutter up the already crowded hallway. One normal size shower has been converted to two showers so difficult to move in and out of the shower, let alone get dressed in mixed gender bathroom. Common area only has 4 chairs for whole hostel. Location is not close to Tokyo attractions - about a half hour train ride. Nice quiet Japanese neighbourhood.

Very friendly, helpful and caring owner! She can speak English. Quiet neighbourhood. The room was too small, 9 people in 2x3 squared meters, my luggage had to stay out in the corridor. I couldn't sit up in my bed and that meant I had nowhere to sit in the hostel because there's no common area. Bathroom was really clean but the showers are really too small, I think some heavier built people might not succeed at passing through the tiny 'dressing space' to reach the shower at all.

Rather remote but in a nice quiet neighbourhood. Even though the room was small, the hostess was very nice. The last stretch of road to the hostel is unlit at night so it might be dangerous for some. Lots of amenities across the railway tracks.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

When we arrived to the hostel, the staff didn't expect us, so they had to think in a solution: they offer one bed where to sleep both of us. The kitchen was only a table with hot water machine and sauces bottles and the bath 'could be used' for two persons at the same time, but it was a normal bath, only with a peculiar separation.

Very cheap and friendly staff!

There are just too many people for one hostel. And the hostess was very nice, but she couldn't deal with everything alone.

Will never stay again or recommend anyone to stay at such miserable hostel.we never considered this as hostel but a worse version of capsule hostel. Although the place is clean n only 1 friendless boss that the only good point. Recommend to remove all wooden makeshift capsule beds and replace with more humane beds. To create space for guests to place their belongings. To improve safety of the hostel especially during fire. To have separate shower for

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Singapore
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Cheapest place we could find. Yeah, you'll save money at least.

It was looking like a capaule hotel, also the shower is very small but the atmosphere is great and the owner Mieko is really great!

It was a perfect trip. Traveling alone is a drag, but I felt so welcome here. Mieko-san was a wonderful hostess with plenty of love to give. You really feel more at home here. The other guests were fun, we frequently went out together and got to know one another. I had intended to leave only 3 days after getting here, but I quickly changed my plans around to stay at JGH longer. The rooms are all dorm style with bunks. It's very safe. I felt comfortable leaving my stuff there all day.

the rooms are bad , it is so narrow and small. i think capsul hotel better from here. room so small and beds are so small. only one shower and have a lot of people , u will waiting so long for shower. the atmosher is good u will meet a lot people. staf is very nice and helpfull. i think only good thing is staf..

It is a quiet place for staying, The hostess, who is a traditional Japanese old woman, is very kind. Definitively, it is a bit far from the downtown, but by this price, it is worth to recommend such hostel for staying with your friends! Even if I just used this hostel for one night, I know I will go back there again!

Our double room was one room partitioned off to make three rooms all sharing the same light.not practical Not enough showers or toilets for number of guests,not enough common space. Almost worth it for the SHOCK experience Friendly staff made it bearable .

Very nice hostel! Owner is very kind and helpful. Hostel is small but cozy. 10 min walk away through a nice park from the nearest JR station. Value for money!