JJ's Backpackers Reviews

11-13 Charles Street, Cairns, Australia

This is the cleanest hostel I have stayed in since being in Australia. They have a regular free bus into the town center but its also nice to walk into town along the esplanade. Tracy and Simon are so nice and extremely helpful. I can't really fault the place. I would definitely stay there again.

Thank you thank you thank you for this great review!!! We love that you had a good time here and would stay again. Hopefully we will see you after you have finished your work. Take care and thanks again from us all at JJ's x

Very cool, chilled out hostel. Would definitely recommend :)

Thank you for adding your review, we really do appreciate this. It is great that you had a good time here and would return again. You are a superstar!

Awesome staff!! They helped me to book a spontaneous daytrip and drove me to the departure location for free!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at JJ's with others. We really appreciate your comments and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us. Thank you.

20 mins walk from the hostel to city, but they provide shuttle bus for transfer. The owner is so nice, I would definitely stay again.

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments. It was a pleasure to meet you and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at JJ's. Safe travels x

Nice and clean hostel. Stuff is very helpful and always happy to give their advice. They have shuttle that takes u to the center of the city for free!! Nice and specious kitchen. Rooms are also very specious and affordable. Differential a hostel I'd stay again and recommend.

Whoohoo thank you soooo much for this great reply, we are so happy to enjoyed your stay with us and would return, thank you. Safe travels x

Improve the quality of the wifi

Thank you for your great ratings and feedback we really appreciate this. We actually have the highest level of internet that we can have. Unlimited usage and download with our internet provider. We are sorry we cannot make this any better. As we are unable to improve the WIFI this is why we have now offered this as a FREE service. WHOOHOOOO!!!!

Great hostel, I stayed only for one night but it was really nice. Great staff and atmosphere. I had to take the bus to Tully early in the morning and they drove me to the bus stop, awesome service!! Definitely coming back to Cairns and this hostel. x Sabine

Thank you so much for your review, it is great that you liked us from staying just one night AND it is double great that you will come back after your farm work. Don't work too hard and we look forward to seeing you again in a few months.

The staff are the best part about JJ's Tracey and Simon were great, so helpful and friendly. We stayed in a double, it was very clean and really quiet at night. The bus into the town often every day was great. Only disappointment was that when we booked it was advertised that it provides free evening meal but we were told on arrival that they no longer did and it had been taken off all sites but after checking still found it being advertised on Hostel world.

Thank you for your fantastic ratings and for your feedback. Sadly, we have not offered the free evening meal since January 2014 and we thought we had removed all of the advertising for this on all websites. We thank you for pointing this out, it is now removed. We did have meal vouchers for 30% discount at the same venue and still have our free breakfast. It is great that you did enjoy your stay and we do apologise for the inconvenience you did not have the free evening meal :o( Safe travels.

Tracy and Simon were the most helpful staff I have met anywhere so far in Australia, maybe even the world! Very very understanding of my blundering ways and helped me out with shuttle buses and trip bookings so much it actually amazed me. Would recommend this hostel to anyone, shuttle buses are great, town and lagoon are a quick walk along the promenade, staff unrivalled :)

• 8th Jan 2015

Thank you sooooo much for this fantastic review!!!!!! Sometimes things can go how you planned them and we are glad we can help out if this ever happens. Happy travels and thank you for sharing your experience here at JJ's for others :o) Thank you, Tracy & Simon x

Brilliant, small family run hostel. Provide travel-agency services and advice on best trips to do. Everyone is always willing to help.

• 15th Dec 2014

Thank you so much for your great comments and feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed yur stay with and have shared your experience at JJ's. Safe Travels x

Friendly and helpful staff. However far from town and shuttle bus doesn't run that often. Mostly people who has been staying there for a long time.. No lockers to store personal belongings in.. And we booked a three bed room but ended up in a four bed room, but got to share it with a sweet German couple to it was fine. Rooms without ac gets reeeally hot at night.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, definitely book the air con rooms during the summer months, it makes for a better night's sleep :o) We do have a safe in the office for any valuables to be stored, free of charge and our shuttle bus service runs approx. every hour in & out of town. We are happy you met another lovely couple at the hostel. Your booking did come through as a 3 or 4 share room, we will look into this ????? Thank you again. Safe travels x