JJ's Backpackers Reviews

11-13 Charles Street, Cairns, Australia

I love this hostel! Location was amazing, literally 5 minutes from the beach and about 15 minutes walk from the centre. Free shuttle bus. Very friendly staff and very good value for money. I would stay here again and again!

YEAY thank you soooo much for these great comments and amazing ratings!!!! We love that you had a great time at JJ's and would return :o)

Very nice, quiet and friendly hostel. Perfect place to go if you want to relax and book some tours. The room and bathrooms were a bit old and simple but they were nice and clean. Sarah from reception was really nice and helpful, she answered to all my emails when I had questions and helped us to book the best tours with discount prices!

Woohoo thank you for the great comments, We are happy you had a great time in Cairns and at JJ's x

The staff were very friendly and helpful when I arrived. A good hostel with local shops just around the corner. I enjoyed my stay at JJ's. The Esplanade that takes you in to Cairns Centre is also just a few minutes walk away.

Thank you so much for your fabbo ratings and great comments! We are soooooo happy you enjoyed your time with us at JJ's!

Good place. Sarah was great about helping arrange tours

Thank you so much for your comments! We really enjoy helping our guests to organise their trips and we love hearing how they were afterwards! Safe travels, from us all at JJ's x

So pleased we choose Jj backpackers, staff went out of Their way to ensure our stay was a fantastic one, thank you.

Mixed thoughts- Tracey was lovely and really helpful! Rooms basic without lockers (despite signs warning you of theft) or glass windows (just mesh), only one toilet and shower per block of block of rooms (10 beds ). Good atmosphere and free shuttles and breakfast provided.

Thank you so much for your comments. Cairns homes were being targeted at that time and so we thought we would warn our guests to make use of our secure safe,within the office. The room you was in has a metal security screen on the window? We are happy you offered your feedback as this does help us to ever improve the hostel. Thank you.

I've stayed in many hostels around the world and this is the best I've had the pleasure to stay in. From the cleanliness to the activities scheduled almost every night to meet other travelers, it's awesome.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!! We are soooo happy you had a great time here at JJ's!