JJ's Backpackers Reviews

11-13 Charles Street, Cairns, Australia

Very nice, quiet and friendly hostel. Perfect place to go if you want to relax and book some tours. The room and bathrooms were a bit old and simple but they were nice and clean. Sarah from reception was really nice and helpful, she answered to all my emails when I had questions and helped us to book the best tours with discount prices!

The staff were very friendly and helpful when I arrived. A good hostel with local shops just around the corner. I enjoyed my stay at JJ's. The Esplanade that takes you in to Cairns Centre is also just a few minutes walk away.

Good place. Sarah was great about helping arrange tours

So pleased we choose Jj backpackers, staff went out of Their way to ensure our stay was a fantastic one, thank you.

Mixed thoughts- Tracey was lovely and really helpful! Rooms basic without lockers (despite signs warning you of theft) or glass windows (just mesh), only one toilet and shower per block of block of rooms (10 beds ). Good atmosphere and free shuttles and breakfast provided.

Thank you so much for your comments. Cairns homes were being targeted at that time and so we thought we would warn our guests to make use of our secure safe,within the office. The room you was in has a metal security screen on the window? We are happy you offered your feedback as this does help us to ever improve the hostel. Thank you.

I've stayed in many hostels around the world and this is the best I've had the pleasure to stay in. From the cleanliness to the activities scheduled almost every night to meet other travelers, it's awesome.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!! We are soooo happy you had a great time here at JJ's!

We loved our stay at JJ's! The staff was the best - very accommodating to meet the needs of the guests. The facility was kept very clean and is located about 1 1/2 blocks to the beach and Esplanade. Wonderful experience! Would definitely recommend and would love to go back!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you soooo much for you fantastic rating and review, we really appreciate this!!!! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and we are so happy to had an amazing time at JJ's and Cairns. Safe travels from us all at JJ's x

Really great staff!