JJs Yard 2 Reviews

Travessa do Forno 10, Lagos, Portugal

WOW! I never want to stay at another large chain type hostel again after experiencing the amazing small family vibe here at JJs. Jay and lorena the owners are awesome as they take you out to dinner and even pub crawls most nights free! We stayed 5 nights and I never wanted to leave not just because of the beaches and party in Lagos but because of JJs Yard! Please stay here or your missing out! Free washing machine use is a bonus too! Will definitely be back! Thanks guys!

The most amazing time of my life! The best hostel ive stayed in! Cant fault any aspect of this hostel. I was immediately accepted into the family, can't speak highly enough of the staff and the owners. Jay and Loretta you guys rock!! cant wait to come back.

• 15th Aug 2013

Definitely one of the better if not the best hostels I have stayed at on my trip. The owners Jay and Lorena were extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. The hostel is walking distance to everything and is right next door to one of the best mexican restaurants in lagos, which also sells 1 euro shots. JJ's Yard has an awesome common area where everyone socialises and drinks in the evening, so it was really easy to meet people. I find it very hard to fault and will be returning next summer!

Very happy with our stay at JJs yard, owners and staff very helpful and friendly. Great location for night life and short walk to beach. Highly recommend this hostel.

JJ's Yard is such a great hostel.In prime location close to the beach, food and nightlife.The rooms/kitchens/bathrooms are always clean and the common room is great of a night time to start off with some drinks (or beer pong) and meet other people in the hostel.The staff are all awesome and the owners Jay and Lorena always go the extra mile to make your stay as amazing as possible, they are like the Mum and Dad and always looking out for everyone.JJ's is a home away from home.Go see for yourself

Every night gets very crowded in the kitchen and had too much fuss until very late. The staff did shameless scoundrel efforts seem friendly, but was unsuccessful. Safety was a mess, personally paid ten euros as a guarantee for the key of the front door finally opened and not to open, had to beat bells. Finally, the hostel recommended for people who come from English-speaking countries.

Please don't lie about our hostel is only for English speaking countries, we both come from different countries and English is our second language, kitchen? safety? noisy? you didn't share a dorm you didn't socialize and you had 7 members of staff at your feet all the time? Good luck for the rest of the hostels you stay at we cant please everyone!!!

We absolutely loved JJ's yard! This was the best hostel we have ever stayed in. JJ and Lorena (the owners) were super friendly, and helped us out with whatever we needed. They also loved a good chat, which made us feel very welcome. If your undecided on where to say, it is not even worth thinking twice. This is the place to stay in Lagos. Especially if you like to party. Love Caitlin, Martina and Anissa!

• 18th Jun 2013

Loved this place. Owners were amazing and very helpful. We checked in at 1 am and the spent an hour giving us a rundown of the town. Lagos was our fav destination on our whole Europe trip. We highly recommend this place!

The Staff were amazing!! Would definitely recommend staying here!

JJs yard 2 was awesome , it's very chilled and the Owners really look after you they even come have drinks with you on there pub crawls , the place is awesome everything you need supermarket just near you and close to everything I was abit hesitant because there is no reviews here but ill defiantly be staying here when I come back to Lagos :)

JJ's Yard was the best hostel experience ever! I enjoyed everything about it. The location is great and it's super affordable. But honestly, the best part is the staff! Jay and Lorena are two of the most amazing people I have ever met! They go out of their way to make sure you are happy there and enjoy yourself day and night in the city. Their recommendations made my trip so much better! I recommend this place to everyone and I can't wait to return:) Shout out to Wes and Hannah! Thanks you guys!

• 10th May 2013