JJs Yard Reviews

Travessa do Forno, Lagos 10, Lagos, Portugal

The owners are lovely and always willing to help you. The location is great, super close to the beaches. You have full access to the kitchen if you enjoy making your own food. The beds were a little uncomfortable but it wasn't too bad. I would recommend this hostel, I stayed during the off season so it was very quiet and had quite a bit of space to myself. There was only one shower so I can imagine that would be hard if the hostel was full of people. All in all, it was a good place to stay.

Loved this hostel, the staff were extremely helpful and kind. JJ's is in a very central location. The atmosphere was great, we met many people at JJ's!

Absolutely loved staying at JJ's. The atmosphere and staff were so amazing, I felt really welcomed and comfortable for my whole stay! The facilities are great and it's always very clean! The location is perfect, I would highly recommend this hostel for anyone wanting to have a lot of fun partying and meeting new people! Couldn't reccomend it more, best hostel I've stayed in all of Europe.

• 9th Sep 2015

I recently stayed at JJ's Yard for the second time and it was just as amazing as the first time. Jay and Lorena (the owners) along with the staff are super friendly and very approachable. JJ's is situated in a perfect location close to the beach and the night life. You really feel at home when staying here and made to feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I will definitely be returning next year. Thanks Jay and Lorena :)

Best Hostel I have stayed at in the last 3 months. Staff were incredible and would go out of your way to help you! Was supposed to stay 3 nights and ended up staying for 7 because I just didn't want to leave. Atmosphere was fantastic, everyone was friendly and would all go out together. It was my home away from home.

• 5th Sep 2015

Jj's yard is an excellent hostel. The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. You feel as part of a big family. Everyone goes to the bars together every night, the partying is some of the best I have come across. We didn't want to leave. Definitely recommend and would go back again!

We really enjoyed our stay here, the staff were amazing and so informative to make sure we would get the most out of our stay in Lagos! They let you know about plenty of events and things you can do. The location was great, the beach and heaps of bars all within walking distance. The rooms were clean enough and had small lockers to put your important stuff. Thanks so much guys, we will be back!

Only stayed one night and it was fine! Owner was very helpful and a nice guy. Good little kitchen and rooms. Not as big as the other JJs yard.

PROS: - hostel is very centrally located - security is good. - staff are friendly. - kitchen is nice CONS: - common room is impossible to find. - bathroom is very small and could be cleaned more regularly. - there isn't any sense of privacy - hostel owners frequently come into the hostel dorms. FINAL COMMENT: overall as the hostel is cheap, you get what you pay for. there is a good atmosphere and a good community feeling to this place. just remember this is a party hostel!

Awesome hostel close to everything. Good vibes and faciltities. J and J are more than happy to give you tips on what to see and do and help organise day trips/activities.

JJs yard was ok. Having seen the standards of other hostels through Portugal it was a bit of a let down. The beds and pillows are quite uncomfortable and the door of my room made so much noise. Cleanliness was a minor let down and the bunks are very squeaky. I would probably recommend checking some other hostels first, but JJs is fine.

I've stayed at several different hostels in Lagos, and JJ's is definitely me favorite. Stayed there only two nights, but JJ's will be the place I'll return to next time in Lagos. Like people has written before, the hostel itself is nothing special, but the atmosphere and vibe is what makes it so good. Its a party hostel but not a madhouse. Its very easy to meet people if you're by yourself, and even me who is quite a shy girl enjoyed the time there with all crazy aussies. Tnx guys!

Really liked staying here. The owners and staff are very personable and helpful. We stayed in JJ's yard 2 and really liked it.

View all Lagos Bed and Breakfasts