JJs Yard Reviews

Travessa do Forno, Lagos 10, Lagos, Portugal

Awesome hostel close to everything. Good vibes and faciltities. J and J are more than happy to give you tips on what to see and do and help organise day trips/activities.

JJs yard was ok. Having seen the standards of other hostels through Portugal it was a bit of a let down. The beds and pillows are quite uncomfortable and the door of my room made so much noise. Cleanliness was a minor let down and the bunks are very squeaky. I would probably recommend checking some other hostels first, but JJs is fine.

I've stayed at several different hostels in Lagos, and JJ's is definitely me favorite. Stayed there only two nights, but JJ's will be the place I'll return to next time in Lagos. Like people has written before, the hostel itself is nothing special, but the atmosphere and vibe is what makes it so good. Its a party hostel but not a madhouse. Its very easy to meet people if you're by yourself, and even me who is quite a shy girl enjoyed the time there with all crazy aussies. Tnx guys!

Really liked staying here. The owners and staff are very personable and helpful. We stayed in JJ's yard 2 and really liked it.

Really lovely staff who know how to organise a good night out in Lagos! Pretty basic hostel but all you need really, and definitely one of the more reasonably priced

Amazing hostel, probably the most fun I have ever stayed at. It's in a great location to the bars and beach, easy to find and a lot of fun. Jay and Lorena are gorgeous and familiarise themselves immediately. Don't think I've ever met such attentive owners. The facilities are basic but more than adequate. You won't find a better hostel in Lagos. Thanks guys!

JJ's yard is the best hostel I've stayed at so far. J, lorenea and all the staff are the nicest people you will ever meet and will show you the best time for your stay in Lagos. Just don't get stuck in the vortex!

Everything about this hostel was more than you can ask for. All the staff are happy to help you, the location is perfect. It felt like I was with family. I wouldn't stay anywhere else but here when I am in Lagos! Thanks for everything Jay and everyone else who makes this hostel as amazing as it is.

You will not find a better place to stay then at JJ's Yard. Jay and Lorena make you feel like part of the family and the staff are just as great, which is wonderful for a solo traveller like myself. However many days you think you should be staying in Lagos for, add 2 more days on top of that and you will not regret it. This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at and I will definitely be recommending it to everyone I know!!

• 24th Jul 2015

JJ's is unlike any other hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff are so welcoming that it felt like I was part of a real community. The rooms are comfortable and guests have a good deal of freedom. It felt more like I was staying in an apartment with friends than a hostel. I will definitely be coming back in the future.

Jjs yard was the best hostel I've stayed in yet!! Jay and Lorena make an effort to get to know all the guests and make it feel like one big family house rather than a formal hostel. Jjs yard is in the perfect position close to the beach, restaurants and nightlife. I can't fault it!! Look no further stay at jjs!!!

Best place in lagos highly recommended staff highly friendly info on lagos perfect

• 1st Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Amazing atmosphere and location!! Jay and Lorena are very accommodating with everything and anything. I went for 2 nights and ended up staying for a week. Can't wait to go back

FELT LIKE HOME. Everything was perfect !

Best hostel ever stayed in, if you want to have fun in Lagos stay here. Most amazing people, you will have the time of your life.

Stay in JJs Yard is like being at home, in a family. What is all you need to know!

• 27th May 2015

The owners make this hostel feel like a home away from home! From organizing pub crawls to checking in for a chat, they really made my stay comfortable and fun! Would definitely recommend.

Amazing people. Hostel is small, but clean and very family like. Perfect for someone who wants to sightsee, chill out and party a little bit (although this was entirely optional). One of the best hostels I've stayed at, out of about 50-60.

I had a perfect stay at JJ's. Good location and probably the best staff I've ever seen. Especially if you're travelling alone it's the perfect place to meet other travellers. Thank you guys! Maybe see you soon!

I have stayed in hosel for just two days but WOW. It seems like normal hostel, but it not. The owners actually care about you. Give you all valuable tips about city, help you out with anything and most of all, they go out and have fun with you ! If you are open minded person, prepared to have fun and meet lots of people, the JJ´s Yard Hostel is the place for you. I will be back for sure.

View all Lagos Bed and Breakfasts