JJs Yard Reviews

Travessa do Forno, Lagos 10, Lagos, Portugal

Everything about this hostel was more than you can ask for. All the staff are happy to help you, the location is perfect. It felt like I was with family. I wouldn't stay anywhere else but here when I am in Lagos! Thanks for everything Jay and everyone else who makes this hostel as amazing as it is.

You will not find a better place to stay then at JJ's Yard. Jay and Lorena make you feel like part of the family and the staff are just as great, which is wonderful for a solo traveller like myself. However many days you think you should be staying in Lagos for, add 2 more days on top of that and you will not regret it. This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at and I will definitely be recommending it to everyone I know!!

• 24th Jul 2015

JJ's is unlike any other hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff are so welcoming that it felt like I was part of a real community. The rooms are comfortable and guests have a good deal of freedom. It felt more like I was staying in an apartment with friends than a hostel. I will definitely be coming back in the future.

Jjs yard was the best hostel I've stayed in yet!! Jay and Lorena make an effort to get to know all the guests and make it feel like one big family house rather than a formal hostel. Jjs yard is in the perfect position close to the beach, restaurants and nightlife. I can't fault it!! Look no further stay at jjs!!!

Best place in lagos highly recommended staff highly friendly info on lagos perfect

• 1st Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

FELT LIKE HOME. Everything was perfect !

Stay in JJs Yard is like being at home, in a family. What is all you need to know!

• 27th May 2015

The owners make this hostel feel like a home away from home! From organizing pub crawls to checking in for a chat, they really made my stay comfortable and fun! Would definitely recommend.

Amazing people. Hostel is small, but clean and very family like. Perfect for someone who wants to sightsee, chill out and party a little bit (although this was entirely optional). One of the best hostels I've stayed at, out of about 50-60.

I had a perfect stay at JJ's. Good location and probably the best staff I've ever seen. Especially if you're travelling alone it's the perfect place to meet other travellers. Thank you guys! Maybe see you soon!

I have stayed in hosel for just two days but WOW. It seems like normal hostel, but it not. The owners actually care about you. Give you all valuable tips about city, help you out with anything and most of all, they go out and have fun with you ! If you are open minded person, prepared to have fun and meet lots of people, the JJ´s Yard Hostel is the place for you. I will be back for sure.

I highly recommend that hostel. The both owners are so kind and loveable. Had a good time. Next time at the algarve I'm staying here again, definitive.

• 17th May 2015

JJ's Yard is right where the action is! I would recommend this to anyone who is coming down to Lagos for a fun time! 2 minute walk to basically everything and staff always willing to make sure you have a fun day and more importantly a great night out!

I've never stayed in a hostel where the owners actually go out with you! Friendliest place I've ever stayed in and can't wait to go back!

• 13th May 2015

JJs Yard is amazing. They go above and beyond to help you in any way they can. Definitely listen to their recommendations on local food and things to do. Wish I could have stayed longer!

• 12th May 2015

Really awesome hostel! The couple who run it are super helpful, fun, and very hands on which was great, they came out with us and would check in and hang out in the hostel a couple times a day which I appreciated. They gave great advice about where to eat, things to do etc. All the facilities were clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend!

I can't say enough about how wonderful my stay at JJ's Yard was. The house was clean and comfortable, and located close to the beaches, restaurants and bars. Above all else the hospitality of the hostel owners was unparalleled. Upon arrival they gave me a map to orient me to the city along with great personalized recommendations. Throughout my stay they checked in with me to make sure I was having a good time and offered suggestions, while researching/arranging activities. Natural born hosts!

• 1st May 2015

much peace and love send out to you thank you so much for staying with usxx

I have never stayed at such a friendly accommodating hostel. From the second I got there Lorena and Jay were doing everything they could to help me out- offering ideas of what to do, places to go, they were just around all the time whenever you needed anything! I extended my stay after the first 2 days to a week- even though it was off season when I went, JJs made sure we were having a good time e.g the best Wednesday night bar crawl! We had daily STORYTIME as well - 10/10 best people! 😆😆

Had the best time with them. They are nice, fun, interesting, and they care about their guest. I honestly think this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at.

JJs Hostel goes above and beyond. If you're looking for a hostel stay thats something out of a dream, this is your place. They provide u with a tightknit loving & fun atmosphere and go in depth to explain what to do/how to do it in Lagos in great detail. Your hosts J and Lorena literally take you under their wing and make you fall in love with Lagos in seconds. We loved JJs and the vibe from the Yard so much that we booked an extra night within an hour of meeting JJs. THANK U SO MUCH SEE U SOON

View all Lagos Bed and Breakfasts