JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

We decided to book via hostelworld because it offered the best prices. When we arrived the hostel staff wanted us to pay the price from the hostel offer, that would have been 265 Eu instead of 115 Eu. An absolutely impertinence! At least we showed our booking confirmation of hostelworld.com and paid the correct price. The rooms were clean, the hostel was good and the location was perfect. Sorry for my bad english ;-)

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Booked a 4 person room but was put in a 8 bed room. Excellent breakfast. Many school groups which caused it to be rather noisy at times (couldn't hear the Sound of Music movie which is played on a wing near the front lobby). Staff were generally helpful and we could walk to most attractions and hiking areas nearby.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

This hostel is probably better for families on vacation than for young travelers. Kids were running wild through the common area until late at night while the parents ere loudly drinking (making it impossible to hear the sound of music movie that we chose the hostel for). The rooms themselves were nice, though we had booked a 4 person room and were given an 8 person room, and were told recent remodels had combined rooms, which was not shown on the website.

Its basically a hotel, so, if you stay there, have in mind, you will be very comfortable, but you probably wont know anybody. When I stayed there, the hotel received a lot of tourists TEENAGERS.

My review may not be that accurate as my original booking was upgraded due to some reconstruction work. This place has quite good atmosphere and free breakfast! However, it can be a bit pricey.

Sucks that wifi didn't work in the rooms and as a lone traveller it was hard to meet people because it was filled with families and large groups! Otherwise great, clean facility with awesome staff.

Great stay. Very good value. Clean and well-kept facilities. Breakfast included and it was very very good. Wifi only available in the lounge, but very fast. Only concern was that lockers in rooms didn't lock, and pass cards for other rooms seemed to work on our door. Obviously somewhat of a security concern, but overall building felt safe.

The check in process was pretty slow, we asked if anything was wrong- they said no, not sure why it took so 20 minutes to check us in. They had to separate our group because of water damage in our room, so we were upgraded to nicer rooms, but were separate.

• 28th Jan 2015

The receptionist when I first arrived didn't smile even a bit to me . She was unfriendly and I was tired and upset by then . Overall was good except it was very hot in the room . All my chocolates even melted

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Great breakfast though the promised miso soup in the description was not there. The Sound of Music was played in the sitting area when requested. Room (6-bed female) was adjoined to another dorm like the previous comments mentioned, but it didn't pose a big problem during my stay. Location a bit far out but still accessible by foot (~10 min to Old Town, 30 min to Mirabellplatz, 40min stroll to Salzburg Hbf train stn). Overall good value for money.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

They have to put righ information on the website and worldhostel. They are wrong.

no common kitchen for us to use, and when we asked if there is hot water, the receptionist said: yes, 50 cents. really? And not to mention that we live in -1 floor, the worst experience ever.

• 2nd Jan 2015

we had very good time there, the only thing is they only have wifi in Sala, not in the room

We booked 2 beds in the 6 girls' room, and 2 beds in the 8 girl's room. When we arrived, they said they don't have enough beds for us and asked us to live with 6 boys. We can't accept it and they even said we can find another hostel. At last we get a double room insdead. The breakfast is good.

The staff is not friendly, they seem to be angry all the time. It is supposed to serve dinner at 6 but they never did. They claim to be a christian hostel but they treated us really bad, they couldn't even heat some pizza(we had to buy it because There was no dinner) for us on new year's eve. The place is good but they should really improve the staff's actitude. The breakfast is really good.

It's in an excellent location, just a couple of minutes walking from the old town, also a good choice if you're arriving by car, very cheap price for the parking ( 5 euros per day ). The breakfast is also very good, the only inconvenient that i had was that there's only one bathroom in the hostel, and you could make a big line just to use it. Also there's no internet connection in the dormitories, just in the lobby. The staff was very nice and available 24 hours.

It is only 10 minutes walk to the old town city center. Breakfast was very great. But there was no showing of Sound of Music when I was there.

I was staying in JUFA hostel for one day. The hostel is far away from bus station and tram station. It was little uncomfortable. The most biggest problem is staff. They are not kind to me actually very rude every time. i dont wanna stay JUFA hostel in future, in addition i never recommend this hostel to other customers

• 26th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The breakfast and café were a huge plus, especially since we stayed on Christmas. The wifi wasn't the best but it worked well most of the time. The plug in situation could be better, but I claimed a good bunk, so it wasn't an issue. The lockers were great. The showers sprayed water all over the floor. Overall, I'd stay again.

We were supposed to stay in a dormitory but there was a mistake of the booking system, so my friend couldn't get a place. then they let us stay in the double room with the same price! The room was really cozy and nice. :) It is located a bit far away from the center!

« first « Prev 1 2 3