JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

Nice and clean, big beds, friendly staff and pretty decent facilities. Only annoying thing really was that the wifi didn't reach our room but there's loads of space to sit in the lobby so it didn't really matter.

More of a hotel with a few dorms shoved down in the basement as an afterthought. Dorms themselves are OK, but the lockers are not great, and there's nowhere near enough showers for the amount of people in dorms. The free breakfast is good, and the staff are affable. Great bar too! But the kids running through the reception area pretty much kiboshes it having a typical hostel bar vibe. Location is fairly central - nice view of the fort - but not as good as some other places.

The location was okay, walking distance to the old town. The wifi never worked for me and the staff kept pointing to my phone saying it should work after I asked for help, but it never did. The common area seemed clean, but there were blood stains on some of the couch cushions. When I went to retrieve my luggage, I waited in line for a long time to get the key to the room. The staff was not necessarily rude, just painfully slow. Overall, I felt safe., just inconvenienced.

• 23rd Jul 2015

The staff were not very friendly and came across as a little confused and under experienced. The whole atmosphere was more like a hotel than a hostel but the beds were fine and the bathrooms were clean. Not the best place to meet people as a solo traveller but it was - okay, fairly average all things considered.

I am very happy I got an upgrade to one of the best hotel rooms ! It was almost very clean for here was couple of hairs on the sink. The view from the hostel was wonderful and the room was pretty comfortable. The breakfast was the best part ! The staff...hmm a little bit arrogant. I didnt like the fact that the check in is until 4 pm. I walked for over 3 miles carrying a 50 pound backpack and got here at 10 am hoping I could check in at 11 or 12 but they said no.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Guatemala

I'm not sure it is a hotel or a hostel, it's sort of in between. Everything is fair enough except the staff is not friendly.

Location is good and it is easy to get there. However, sockets are absolutely insufficient either in the lobby or rooms and wifi can only be accessible in the lobby. And no outside food and drink are allowed in the hostel area.

The op selling point us the location. It's a short walk from very where and it has great view of he festung from he from area. The Internet only work in the lobby and even hen is very unreliable. The hostel itself is very clean which was nice. One thing to know is that you have to pay for lockers.

Beddings were not changed everyday

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Kenya

This hostel is extremely clean! It is essentially a hostel in a hotel setting. The shared bathroom is big with lots of room to put your belongings. The breakfast spread is great with lots of choices. Beyond the usual cereal, bread, cheese and ham, there are also hard-boiled eggs and omelettes in different varieties. Though its location is far from the train station and city centre, there are bus stops in its vicinity that can take you there in about 10-15 minutes.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

The first night we got there the staff, which we had earlier came and paid and put our stuff up, said that she didn't know what room we were supposed to be in. We went down to a room she assigned us and all of the beds are full. We had to lug our stuff upstairs and try again. Then the next day we had booked two tours and yet again the reception told us to wait in the lobby and the tour guide would come and get us. After the pick up time passed, we called gem and reception tried to blame us

Only one power point in room, no lockers, hostel or rather hotel good for school trips not for travellers who are travelling alone

Staff at reception were not friendly and the room allotted was also not clean. I got my room after 8 hrs of the arrival time and that too in bad condition.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • India

My stay was pretty good. When I checked in at 2 and stored my bags they told me the room would be ready at 4. I came back at 4:15 but had to wait until 5 for the room. Next time, just tell me 5. It was only annoying that I came back again and it wasn't ready. Lots of kids, terrible for a solo traveler, but an excellent location to the city center. Nice showers, things were clean, beds were pretty good.

• 26th Jun 2015

Definitely not as nice as the two other hostels we stayed in. Facilities were clean, but could have been cleaner. The changing area outside the shower was frequently flooded, a mop for guests to use would have been helpful. The staff were friendly but gave us inaccurate details about the bus system #5 and #25 seem to only run one direction at that stop..away from the train station. More outlets to charge phones/camera needed! Good breakfast and safety. Wish lockers were inside dorm rooms.

Don't expect a hostel-like fraternity - the room is not exactly a buzzing scene, but it is more social in common areas, where people are more than happy to share a drink with you. Internet access is a big drawback and is only available in common area in the lobby.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Pretty good. Not much of a vibe. More of a bad hotel with dorms in it. Definitely won't meet cool people or have fun within the hostel. No free lockers and no lockers in dorms. Free towels which was nice. Good showers. Wouldn't stay for more than a night.

This is a different style hostel from one I've ever stayed in before. Lots of big groups, families, and children (as well as young adults). Very nice place, though. I'd stay in youth and family hostels again. Awesome breakfast included, and a bar is open all night.

This was a place to dleep and that's it. No personality to the place and a pretty unhelpful staff. The breakfast was good so that was nice, but the entire place was overrun with middle schoolers.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It is a family hostel so if you're looking for cool solo young traveller vibes you probably won't find them but the facilities are great, the breakfast is great and all round it's very positive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4