JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

The receptionist when I first arrived didn't smile even a bit to me . She was unfriendly and I was tired and upset by then . Overall was good except it was very hot in the room . All my chocolates even melted

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Great breakfast though the promised miso soup in the description was not there. The Sound of Music was played in the sitting area when requested. Room (6-bed female) was adjoined to another dorm like the previous comments mentioned, but it didn't pose a big problem during my stay. Location a bit far out but still accessible by foot (~10 min to Old Town, 30 min to Mirabellplatz, 40min stroll to Salzburg Hbf train stn). Overall good value for money.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

They have to put righ information on the website and worldhostel. They are wrong.

no common kitchen for us to use, and when we asked if there is hot water, the receptionist said: yes, 50 cents. really? And not to mention that we live in -1 floor, the worst experience ever.

• 2nd Jan 2015

we had very good time there, the only thing is they only have wifi in Sala, not in the room

We booked 2 beds in the 6 girls' room, and 2 beds in the 8 girl's room. When we arrived, they said they don't have enough beds for us and asked us to live with 6 boys. We can't accept it and they even said we can find another hostel. At last we get a double room insdead. The breakfast is good.

The staff is not friendly, they seem to be angry all the time. It is supposed to serve dinner at 6 but they never did. They claim to be a christian hostel but they treated us really bad, they couldn't even heat some pizza(we had to buy it because There was no dinner) for us on new year's eve. The place is good but they should really improve the staff's actitude. The breakfast is really good.

It's in an excellent location, just a couple of minutes walking from the old town, also a good choice if you're arriving by car, very cheap price for the parking ( 5 euros per day ). The breakfast is also very good, the only inconvenient that i had was that there's only one bathroom in the hostel, and you could make a big line just to use it. Also there's no internet connection in the dormitories, just in the lobby. The staff was very nice and available 24 hours.

It is only 10 minutes walk to the old town city center. Breakfast was very great. But there was no showing of Sound of Music when I was there.

I was staying in JUFA hostel for one day. The hostel is far away from bus station and tram station. It was little uncomfortable. The most biggest problem is staff. They are not kind to me actually very rude every time. i dont wanna stay JUFA hostel in future, in addition i never recommend this hostel to other customers

• 26th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The breakfast and café were a huge plus, especially since we stayed on Christmas. The wifi wasn't the best but it worked well most of the time. The plug in situation could be better, but I claimed a good bunk, so it wasn't an issue. The lockers were great. The showers sprayed water all over the floor. Overall, I'd stay again.

We were supposed to stay in a dormitory but there was a mistake of the booking system, so my friend couldn't get a place. then they let us stay in the double room with the same price! The room was really cozy and nice. :) It is located a bit far away from the center!

Sometimes, WCs and laundry rooms are not clean enough. Besides, the staff were not informative enough.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Vietnam

WIFI was horrible and felt like a prisoner in the lobby with all those strangers, instead of my own bed using computer.

The room is a little bit small for 8 people and there was only one socket to charge phone

The room was very stuffy during the night and in the morning. It seemed as though there was minimal airflow in the room, other than that, the stay was very pleasant.

• 16th Dec 2014

It's a hotel with hostel rooms, which are just OK. The rooms are not designed to be a hostel room, as it has just ONE socket to plug any device to charge for 6 persons, and the this socket is near the door (at least the one I stayed in). Also, the reception has 3 sockets and everyone fights for those sockets. It's quite inconvenient. Plus, it does not sound as a hostel, so it might be less easy to get to know people. Despite these problems, the rest is OK: beds, showers, good breakfast included.

Fantastic Breakfast, very helpful staff, great location. I was extremely impressed

Definitely very good ratio price vs what you get. Close to the city center, just about 10 min walk from the hardcore downtown :). Staff was very pleasant and consisted of young guys. Just the average age of people who stayed there was around 55-60 y.old, so don't look for some partying or just hanging out with strangers, hah. Rooms were tidy, and lady cleaners, very polite and helpful.

I booked a 6 bed dorm, but in fact it was 12 bed because the 2 dorms where not separated by a wall, which made it very noisy. The room was overheated and it was not possible to switch down the heating or open a window. In general I think the JUFA is a good budget location, next to the old town. I once stayed in a double room and enjoyed it. Breakfast is good, the staff is friendly and helpful. But the dorm is in the basement of the building and one of the worst dorms I ever slept in.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5