JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

Just spent one night, it's not far away from the city centre. Check in at 4pm, Clean, Good breakfast, weak wifi connection in the room, no social atmosphere.

Pros - great breakfast included - location is great - staff are very helpful Cons - large hostel suitable for families therefore not really much atmosphere for solo travellers - minimal plug points in awkward places - IMPORTANT: 4 bed dorms are actually 8 bed dorms with partial wall in between, you can access both sides of the room and the noise travels between areas - no lockers in the room, all in hallway which is accessible by anyone - toilets were always messy (get bigger bins)

We had a wonderful stay at JUFA! The rooms and bathrooms were extremely clean, the breakfast featured a tasty assortment of food, and the common areas were very pleasant to hang out in. I would certainly recommend this hostel to other travellers!

• 4th Dec 2015

Definitely more of a hotel vibe. Awesome breakfast and good location.

This wasn't the best hostel ever. There wasn't a backpacker vibe. Luckily, I ended up in a room with a couple other solo travelers. But if I hadn't, there was no way I would have met anyone. The breakfast is really good! There aren't very many outlets in the room. I snagged the only one where you could lay in bed and charge at the same time. No lockers in the room either. Bathrooms were clean enough but smelled. Overall, I MIGHT stay here again. Location was alright, so that helped.

It is hostel and hotel in one building. So, the people are mix. Mostly student who are coming with bus, so u can imagine how many they are. And they just gather with their friends. It does not really have travelers atmosphere. And when I arrived in my Dorm, the room was really smell like hell and there were two old men staying there & I could not stand that situation, luckily the staff was able to move me to another dorm. Why would they accommodate people above 50 years old to dormitory?

This was a really good place to stay during our trip to Salzburg. I would definitely recommend it for the following reasons: parking for 5 euros a day You can easily walk to the city center It has really good food for a hostel with free breakfast. The rooms and showers were clean Everything was good about it except for the internet. The "free wifi" almost never worked and we simply had to go to a cafe nearby called "Cappomio" which is on the way to the city center.

Excellent location, walking distance to most famous tourist attractions. Breakfast was very nice with many choices. Hot water was not provided in the canteen at night, and the staff told us to ask for it in the mini bar as we checked in. After we asked for the first glass of hot water from a male staff, however, when we went on for a second glass, a female staff said a cup of hot water cost 1.5 euro but she could offer us at 1 euro. This has been very ridiculous and disappointing!!!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

This was really more of a family hostel, as in somewhere to bring little kids and not necessarily meant for backpackers. It was clean and the staff were nice though! It's not in the city center, but it has good access to public transport.

whats the point of having washing machines if you dont have washing powder for sale? Apparently it was sold out...can i buy some locally...oh, there,ll be a supermarket in the city, 5 minutes away. rubbish. the city centre is 10 mins away and full of shops selling tourist tat. Given my limited time here anden need to clean clothes, the attitude of this member of staff was disappointing. Tell you what - there,s none for sale, give me some of the hotels own stash!

As a hostel and dorm room this is a complete disaster. Staffs do not know how to maintain a hostel. Also it is a family hotel so they really do not care about the customers/boarders staying in dorm because it's almost unprofitable for them. One thing is sure! Location is very good and they provide awesome breakfast (and yes it's included).

This property is ideal for families travelling. Unfortunately. staff need to apply guidelines with children of guests (running unsupervised around the property screaming at 23.30). Power outlets insufficient in rooms. Staff are friendly but unable to provide answers to questions. Kitchen/ dining room - good. Breakfast included - nice way to start the day. Cleaning of bathroom & toilets need to be consistent - ensure everyday 3 times that clean & tidy and stock

When I arrive to Jufa the time for chek-in was changed from 15 to 17 hours. Please, change it in information, that you are sending for visitors! Moreover no where during booking was mentioned about 1euro city tax. I stayed in a room for 6 people which was really small and had only one 220w socket! The speed of wi-fi is quite slow. Once I ordered a dinner (all you can it) and it was really good. Breakfast is uncluded, that's perfect!

It would be great if the hostel had a kitchen. Although there was a canteen in the evening, it was fairly expensive and not great food and no one ate in there. Some air conditioning in the dorms would be great too. However, it was a clean, welcoming and safe place to stay.