JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

Staff at reception were not friendly and the room allotted was also not clean. I got my room after 8 hrs of the arrival time and that too in bad condition.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • India

Definitely not as nice as the two other hostels we stayed in. Facilities were clean, but could have been cleaner. The changing area outside the shower was frequently flooded, a mop for guests to use would have been helpful. The staff were friendly but gave us inaccurate details about the bus system #5 and #25 seem to only run one direction at that stop..away from the train station. More outlets to charge phones/camera needed! Good breakfast and safety. Wish lockers were inside dorm rooms.

Don't expect a hostel-like fraternity - the room is not exactly a buzzing scene, but it is more social in common areas, where people are more than happy to share a drink with you. Internet access is a big drawback and is only available in common area in the lobby.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Pretty good. Not much of a vibe. More of a bad hotel with dorms in it. Definitely won't meet cool people or have fun within the hostel. No free lockers and no lockers in dorms. Free towels which was nice. Good showers. Wouldn't stay for more than a night.

This is a different style hostel from one I've ever stayed in before. Lots of big groups, families, and children (as well as young adults). Very nice place, though. I'd stay in youth and family hostels again. Awesome breakfast included, and a bar is open all night.

This was a place to dleep and that's it. No personality to the place and a pretty unhelpful staff. The breakfast was good so that was nice, but the entire place was overrun with middle schoolers.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It is a family hostel so if you're looking for cool solo young traveller vibes you probably won't find them but the facilities are great, the breakfast is great and all round it's very positive.

There's a whole lot of kids/teens running around. The dorms are all in the lower ground. The rooms and the showers have this very distinct strong smell of I'm now sure what. Not really suitable for backpackers

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

the breakfast is super. everything is nice and clean. shower facilities is top class for a hostel. location is a little far though, 30 mins walk from the central train station. excellent value for money.

Great bathroom facilities and good quality beds! Love the buffet breakfast in the morning as well.

This is the prettiest hostel, Room and toilets are tidy and clean, the environment is beautiful and comfortable. Really love it!!

Very clean, new facilities. Free lockers (with deposit), clean bathrooms, comfortable beds. Not a typical hostel atmosphere (dorm rooms in the basement of a family-style hotel), so be prepared for lots of little kids and school groups. But a convenient location and nice facilities nonetheless.

It was terrible experience. Above all, staff was rude and unfriendly. Never welcome guest. She didn't say"hallo" even threw my passport at desk. I was so embarrassed. And I booked totally tax included. It is specified on the my confirm mail. she required tax again. She just said "no" Also, she registered a room card complete hocky. I had to register again. Room is basement, dark, not ensuit, wifi not working in the room. Too bad! I never go again, even if free room. It was bad memory in Salzburg

The hostel's location is very fine, easily to find, located next to the city center with few bus stops. However, it is not the hostel's fault but the other kids had been running up at night and early morning. The facilities, toilets and shower rooms, are clean and really good! I'm impressed at staying here.

More like a hotel than a youth hostel. The room was advertised as 4 person but it is 8 but with a wall barrier in the middle and an opening. Bed arrangement reallly good as not facing each othrr so better privacy. Make beds for you and breakfast was included. Very clean.

• 11th Jun 2015

Thoroughly average hostel. The washer and dryer were helpful, and the breakfast was fairly good. When I was there there were several school groups that came in, but if you stay in the dorms it won't be a problem because all the dorms are downstairs away from all the other types of rooms.

I booked 4 bed-room / Woman in Hostelworld.com and They offered me 8 bed room when I arrived there. They said they got this condition from hostelworld.com and even showed the document. Of course, I had my confirm letter from Hostelworld. Basically the staff was really not kind to deal with this problem and kept saying they don't have room. Okay I got 8 bed room on same price. Above all, they ONLY offer wifi in 1st lobby not in room. So if you need to use internet, you should come to lobby.GREAT

• 9th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Not a very hostel-like feel... I didn't have any interaction with other guests during my time here but it was a nice place overall still

Bad: atmosphere. If you are into hearing kids screaming 24/7, then stay here. I left with a headache... Awful stay, staff doesn't put a stop at the screamings, so when I tried to watch the sound of music (only reason I went to Salzburg), was impossible. It's like staying in a zoo. Good: location, cleanliness and breakfast.

we din not get much time in Salzburg and the hostel seemed fine.

« first « Prev 1 2 3