JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

The staff are very nice and helpful.

This is definately a big hotel with dorms, not a hostel. Best for groups and families rather then individuals. Location is close to centre, but dry in the immediate view. A bit of a lack of customer service. While most of the staff was very nice, one staff member charged me .50 cents to borrow a set of cutlery as I had forgotten to grab my own. I think that's ridiculous. Towel rental was a heavy $3. Wifi hardly worked in room and basement dorm was freezing.

Breakfast was great!! Could make yourself a sandwich for lunch as well. Staff was fairly nice/helpful. Wifi worked well. -they don't show the SoM every night. 6 bed room opens to another (window/door). Hotel feel more than hostel feel. One toilet stall per gender. HOWEVER, the "public" hotel toilets are just 20 steps away, so it's not too difficult to find a free toilet. Hard to get down from the top bunks (bad/slippery ladder). Naked, drunk guys running all over (not their fault, I know!)

• 8th Nov 2014

Our belongings were stolen on the first day. Some staff were helpful and upgraded our room however others were much less helpful in dealing with the issue when we needed to ring people regarding the matter. There isn't a great atmosphere for young people in the guesthouse.

Hostel is located on the edge of the Old Town (walking distance of all main attractions), about a 30min walk from the Main Train Station. Wifi was good, better in the common areas. Facilities were clean. Buffett breakfast (included) was AMAZING!!!!! Bonus: they showed Sound of Music in the evenings!! Only down point was that the rooms were 6 bed dorms, though we're open to another 6 bed dorm, so it was more like a 12 bed dorm. Apart from that GREAT!!

C'est jusque là après avoir fréquenté 9 hostels, le meilleur hostel que j'ai découvert.

I lived here for 3 nights and location is the only thing that makes it cannot be perfect. Breakfast provided is excellent and i like it very much!

Everything was okay. Except only two plugs for 6 people.

Staff are good, even though slightly grumpy. But we are in Austria after all. One staff helped me contacted my mobile phone company as I was having problems and I couldn't understand German. Breakfast was superb. Wifi only available at lobby. Biggest problem was there were only 4 plugs for 6 bunks. Major nightmare.

I loved my stay there; everything was well kept and very clean. The breakfast is very good!

Very nice, big and clean hostel. The breakfast is super good. The only thing that is not perfect is that they only have WIFI in the lobby.

this hostel has the best breakfast. it's very clean as well. great value for money. just one problem, there's only one charging point in the room.

This place felt like a boarding school - the female dorm I booked had double the number of beds advertised (half a dividing wall between the 2 rooms does not equal 2 rooms) and guys stayed in the beds also and snored. Not what I paid for! 2 power points between 12 ppl is not good enough. Staff had a bat attitude.

This place needs some serious help with customer service standards. They dont tell you where the luggage room is and signage lacking. The manager, i am presuming, is not so good at customer service as I saw him dealing with another customer who claimed he was physically assaulted in the hostel and had a massive black eye! Manager said "I will only look at the cameras when the police come" I was so shocked, you would think he would check asap to ensure EVERYONES safety IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

The location is good and convenience. Breakfast is nice. It's value for money.

• 8th Oct 2014

The wifi is only available at the lobby, a bit inconvenient.

• 6th Oct 2014

There needs to be more staff on reception, the staff working there are ran off their feet. Short staffed on reception, please recruit more staff. The room and bathroom was very clean. The directions to the Hostel could of been better. Breakfast was very generous. Well done. Wi-Fi is only in the reception area, by front entrance, which is not good enough,

Well-located, only a short walk from the historic centre of Salzburg. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and the cheapest place I could find. The breakfast is also excellent (and included!). Not much of a hostel atmosphere, though - mostly this is a hotel with some dorms in the basement, and as a 'family' guesthouse there are a lot of kids. The lounge/bar area is pretty nice in any case.

• 6th Oct 2014

Cloths washing room is small, the dryer is out of order.

Great location. Staff is friendly, speak excellent English and are happy to help you with whatever you need. The WIFI does not work in the rooms and at times it can be slow upstairs, you also seem to have to login again every time you return to use it. The drying machine was broken at the time I was there, but I assume will be fixed soon. The breakfast was really good, lots of options including warm food, good eggs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5