JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

It's a hotel with hostel rooms, which are just OK. The rooms are not designed to be a hostel room, as it has just ONE socket to plug any device to charge for 6 persons, and the this socket is near the door (at least the one I stayed in). Also, the reception has 3 sockets and everyone fights for those sockets. It's quite inconvenient. Plus, it does not sound as a hostel, so it might be less easy to get to know people. Despite these problems, the rest is OK: beds, showers, good breakfast included.

Fantastic Breakfast, very helpful staff, great location. I was extremely impressed

Definitely very good ratio price vs what you get. Close to the city center, just about 10 min walk from the hardcore downtown :). Staff was very pleasant and consisted of young guys. Just the average age of people who stayed there was around 55-60 y.old, so don't look for some partying or just hanging out with strangers, hah. Rooms were tidy, and lady cleaners, very polite and helpful.

I booked a 6 bed dorm, but in fact it was 12 bed because the 2 dorms where not separated by a wall, which made it very noisy. The room was overheated and it was not possible to switch down the heating or open a window. In general I think the JUFA is a good budget location, next to the old town. I once stayed in a double room and enjoyed it. Breakfast is good, the staff is friendly and helpful. But the dorm is in the basement of the building and one of the worst dorms I ever slept in.

I have stayed several times at JUFA and I always look forward to going back there. It has a really good ambience. It's very social, very convivial. Excellent breakfast.

Everything was fine, especially the breakfast! It was delicious!

The staff are very nice and helpful.

This is definately a big hotel with dorms, not a hostel. Best for groups and families rather then individuals. Location is close to centre, but dry in the immediate view. A bit of a lack of customer service. While most of the staff was very nice, one staff member charged me .50 cents to borrow a set of cutlery as I had forgotten to grab my own. I think that's ridiculous. Towel rental was a heavy $3. Wifi hardly worked in room and basement dorm was freezing.

OMG their breakfast was amazing!

Breakfast was great!! Could make yourself a sandwich for lunch as well. Staff was fairly nice/helpful. Wifi worked well. -they don't show the SoM every night. 6 bed room opens to another (window/door). Hotel feel more than hostel feel. One toilet stall per gender. HOWEVER, the "public" hotel toilets are just 20 steps away, so it's not too difficult to find a free toilet. Hard to get down from the top bunks (bad/slippery ladder). Naked, drunk guys running all over (not their fault, I know!)

Our belongings were stolen on the first day. Some staff were helpful and upgraded our room however others were much less helpful in dealing with the issue when we needed to ring people regarding the matter. There isn't a great atmosphere for young people in the guesthouse.

Hostel is located on the edge of the Old Town (walking distance of all main attractions), about a 30min walk from the Main Train Station. Wifi was good, better in the common areas. Facilities were clean. Buffett breakfast (included) was AMAZING!!!!! Bonus: they showed Sound of Music in the evenings!! Only down point was that the rooms were 6 bed dorms, though we're open to another 6 bed dorm, so it was more like a 12 bed dorm. Apart from that GREAT!!

C'est jusque là après avoir fréquenté 9 hostels, le meilleur hostel que j'ai découvert.

I lived here for 3 nights and location is the only thing that makes it cannot be perfect. Breakfast provided is excellent and i like it very much!

Everything was okay. Except only two plugs for 6 people.

Staff are good, even though slightly grumpy. But we are in Austria after all. One staff helped me contacted my mobile phone company as I was having problems and I couldn't understand German. Breakfast was superb. Wifi only available at lobby. Biggest problem was there were only 4 plugs for 6 bunks. Major nightmare.

I loved my stay there; everything was well kept and very clean. The breakfast is very good!

Very nice, big and clean hostel. The breakfast is super good. The only thing that is not perfect is that they only have WIFI in the lobby.

this hostel has the best breakfast. it's very clean as well. great value for money. just one problem, there's only one charging point in the room.

This place felt like a boarding school - the female dorm I booked had double the number of beds advertised (half a dividing wall between the 2 rooms does not equal 2 rooms) and guys stayed in the beds also and snored. Not what I paid for! 2 power points between 12 ppl is not good enough. Staff had a bat attitude.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4