JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

Overall experience was fine. This place was a bit tough for a solo traveler like me, since the place operates like a hotel and you get very little interactions with other backpackers. Staff was friendly but not very knowledgable.

There's a whole lot of kids/teens running around. The dorms are all in the lower ground. The rooms and the showers have this very distinct strong smell of I'm now sure what. Not really suitable for backpackers

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

the breakfast is super. everything is nice and clean. shower facilities is top class for a hostel. location is a little far though, 30 mins walk from the central train station. excellent value for money.

Great bathroom facilities and good quality beds! Love the buffet breakfast in the morning as well.

This is the prettiest hostel, Room and toilets are tidy and clean, the environment is beautiful and comfortable. Really love it!!

Very clean, new facilities. Free lockers (with deposit), clean bathrooms, comfortable beds. Not a typical hostel atmosphere (dorm rooms in the basement of a family-style hotel), so be prepared for lots of little kids and school groups. But a convenient location and nice facilities nonetheless.

It was terrible experience. Above all, staff was rude and unfriendly. Never welcome guest. She didn't say"hallo" even threw my passport at desk. I was so embarrassed. And I booked totally tax included. It is specified on the my confirm mail. she required tax again. She just said "no" Also, she registered a room card complete hocky. I had to register again. Room is basement, dark, not ensuit, wifi not working in the room. Too bad! I never go again, even if free room. It was bad memory in Salzburg

The hostel's location is very fine, easily to find, located next to the city center with few bus stops. However, it is not the hostel's fault but the other kids had been running up at night and early morning. The facilities, toilets and shower rooms, are clean and really good! I'm impressed at staying here.

More like a hotel than a youth hostel. The room was advertised as 4 person but it is 8 but with a wall barrier in the middle and an opening. Bed arrangement reallly good as not facing each othrr so better privacy. Make beds for you and breakfast was included. Very clean.

• 11th Jun 2015

Thoroughly average hostel. The washer and dryer were helpful, and the breakfast was fairly good. When I was there there were several school groups that came in, but if you stay in the dorms it won't be a problem because all the dorms are downstairs away from all the other types of rooms.

I booked 4 bed-room / Woman in Hostelworld.com and They offered me 8 bed room when I arrived there. They said they got this condition from hostelworld.com and even showed the document. Of course, I had my confirm letter from Hostelworld. Basically the staff was really not kind to deal with this problem and kept saying they don't have room. Okay I got 8 bed room on same price. Above all, they ONLY offer wifi in 1st lobby not in room. So if you need to use internet, you should come to lobby.GREAT

• 9th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

We just stayed for one night and we haven't spent much time in hostel, so we don't have a good impression. But hostel is close to the old town (20 min walk), it is nice and quiet. Bathrooms are comfortable but a bit dirty in the evening (hair in the sink). Breakfast was great! A good thing is also parking in front of the hostel for 5 euro per day! The only bad thing is the rooms are available after 16.00 which is quite late. Would recommend!

Not a very hostel-like feel... I didn't have any interaction with other guests during my time here but it was a nice place overall still

Bad: atmosphere. If you are into hearing kids screaming 24/7, then stay here. I left with a headache... Awful stay, staff doesn't put a stop at the screamings, so when I tried to watch the sound of music (only reason I went to Salzburg), was impossible. It's like staying in a zoo. Good: location, cleanliness and breakfast.

we din not get much time in Salzburg and the hostel seemed fine.

The location was great - right in the middle of the historic city center and a short walk to many museums, churches, Nonburg Abbey, the fortress, etc. From the train station you have to take a bus to get there but salzburg has a great bus system which is very easy to understand. Most of the staff was very helpful and friendly and the dorm rooms were average dorm rooms. There were several rather noisy school groups while we were there but they quieted down at night. :)

Nice quite hostel and atmosphere. The only thing I would complain about are: there was only one socket in a room of 6 and no wifi in the room.

Excellent, best hostel I've stayed at yet. Room mates were good people, facilities were great and it's only a short walk from the old town. Couldn't recommend more, restores faith in hostels after a run of bad ones

• 29th May 2015

Good location, except far from the train station. Comfortable beds, with non existent pillows. Breakfast was good. Wi-Fi only in the lobby. Family hostel, so there's no social atmosphere. Really liked that they played the Sound of Music.

Muy buen hostal, buena ubicación hermosa vista y los desayunos deliciosos 😋👏