JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

It's in an excellent location, just a couple of minutes walking from the old town, also a good choice if you're arriving by car, very cheap price for the parking ( 5 euros per day ). The breakfast is also very good, the only inconvenient that i had was that there's only one bathroom in the hostel, and you could make a big line just to use it. Also there's no internet connection in the dormitories, just in the lobby. The staff was very nice and available 24 hours.

It is only 10 minutes walk to the old town city center. Breakfast was very great. But there was no showing of Sound of Music when I was there.

I was staying in JUFA hostel for one day. The hostel is far away from bus station and tram station. It was little uncomfortable. The most biggest problem is staff. They are not kind to me actually very rude every time. i dont wanna stay JUFA hostel in future, in addition i never recommend this hostel to other customers

• 26th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The breakfast and café were a huge plus, especially since we stayed on Christmas. The wifi wasn't the best but it worked well most of the time. The plug in situation could be better, but I claimed a good bunk, so it wasn't an issue. The lockers were great. The showers sprayed water all over the floor. Overall, I'd stay again.

We were supposed to stay in a dormitory but there was a mistake of the booking system, so my friend couldn't get a place. then they let us stay in the double room with the same price! The room was really cozy and nice. :) It is located a bit far away from the center!

Sometimes, WCs and laundry rooms are not clean enough. Besides, the staff were not informative enough.

WIFI was horrible and felt like a prisoner in the lobby with all those strangers, instead of my own bed using computer.

The room is a little bit small for 8 people and there was only one socket to charge phone

The room was very stuffy during the night and in the morning. It seemed as though there was minimal airflow in the room, other than that, the stay was very pleasant.

• 16th Dec 2014

It's a hotel with hostel rooms, which are just OK. The rooms are not designed to be a hostel room, as it has just ONE socket to plug any device to charge for 6 persons, and the this socket is near the door (at least the one I stayed in). Also, the reception has 3 sockets and everyone fights for those sockets. It's quite inconvenient. Plus, it does not sound as a hostel, so it might be less easy to get to know people. Despite these problems, the rest is OK: beds, showers, good breakfast included.

Fantastic Breakfast, very helpful staff, great location. I was extremely impressed

Definitely very good ratio price vs what you get. Close to the city center, just about 10 min walk from the hardcore downtown :). Staff was very pleasant and consisted of young guys. Just the average age of people who stayed there was around 55-60 y.old, so don't look for some partying or just hanging out with strangers, hah. Rooms were tidy, and lady cleaners, very polite and helpful.

I booked a 6 bed dorm, but in fact it was 12 bed because the 2 dorms where not separated by a wall, which made it very noisy. The room was overheated and it was not possible to switch down the heating or open a window. In general I think the JUFA is a good budget location, next to the old town. I once stayed in a double room and enjoyed it. Breakfast is good, the staff is friendly and helpful. But the dorm is in the basement of the building and one of the worst dorms I ever slept in.

I have stayed several times at JUFA and I always look forward to going back there. It has a really good ambience. It's very social, very convivial. Excellent breakfast.

Everything was fine, especially the breakfast! It was delicious!

The staff are very nice and helpful.

This is definately a big hotel with dorms, not a hostel. Best for groups and families rather then individuals. Location is close to centre, but dry in the immediate view. A bit of a lack of customer service. While most of the staff was very nice, one staff member charged me .50 cents to borrow a set of cutlery as I had forgotten to grab my own. I think that's ridiculous. Towel rental was a heavy $3. Wifi hardly worked in room and basement dorm was freezing.

OMG their breakfast was amazing!

Breakfast was great!! Could make yourself a sandwich for lunch as well. Staff was fairly nice/helpful. Wifi worked well. -they don't show the SoM every night. 6 bed room opens to another (window/door). Hotel feel more than hostel feel. One toilet stall per gender. HOWEVER, the "public" hotel toilets are just 20 steps away, so it's not too difficult to find a free toilet. Hard to get down from the top bunks (bad/slippery ladder). Naked, drunk guys running all over (not their fault, I know!)

Our belongings were stolen on the first day. Some staff were helpful and upgraded our room however others were much less helpful in dealing with the issue when we needed to ring people regarding the matter. There isn't a great atmosphere for young people in the guesthouse.