JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

The op selling point us the location. It's a short walk from very where and it has great view of he festung from he from area. The Internet only work in the lobby and even hen is very unreliable. The hostel itself is very clean which was nice. One thing to know is that you have to pay for lockers.

Stayed for a night, nothing special. The showers were clean enough, and the free breakfast was definitely the best part.

Beddings were not changed everyday

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Kenya

This hostel is extremely clean! It is essentially a hostel in a hotel setting. The shared bathroom is big with lots of room to put your belongings. The breakfast spread is great with lots of choices. Beyond the usual cereal, bread, cheese and ham, there are also hard-boiled eggs and omelettes in different varieties. Though its location is far from the train station and city centre, there are bus stops in its vicinity that can take you there in about 10-15 minutes.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

The first night we got there the staff, which we had earlier came and paid and put our stuff up, said that she didn't know what room we were supposed to be in. We went down to a room she assigned us and all of the beds are full. We had to lug our stuff upstairs and try again. Then the next day we had booked two tours and yet again the reception told us to wait in the lobby and the tour guide would come and get us. After the pick up time passed, we called gem and reception tried to blame us

Only one power point in room, no lockers, hostel or rather hotel good for school trips not for travellers who are travelling alone

Staff at reception were not friendly and the room allotted was also not clean. I got my room after 8 hrs of the arrival time and that too in bad condition.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • India

My stay was pretty good. When I checked in at 2 and stored my bags they told me the room would be ready at 4. I came back at 4:15 but had to wait until 5 for the room. Next time, just tell me 5. It was only annoying that I came back again and it wasn't ready. Lots of kids, terrible for a solo traveler, but an excellent location to the city center. Nice showers, things were clean, beds were pretty good.

• 26th Jun 2015

Definitely not as nice as the two other hostels we stayed in. Facilities were clean, but could have been cleaner. The changing area outside the shower was frequently flooded, a mop for guests to use would have been helpful. The staff were friendly but gave us inaccurate details about the bus system #5 and #25 seem to only run one direction at that stop..away from the train station. More outlets to charge phones/camera needed! Good breakfast and safety. Wish lockers were inside dorm rooms.

Don't expect a hostel-like fraternity - the room is not exactly a buzzing scene, but it is more social in common areas, where people are more than happy to share a drink with you. Internet access is a big drawback and is only available in common area in the lobby.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

The location was quite nice. The view of the fort was amazing. Mine was a four bed female dorm and it was quite spacious. The common area is good for meeting people if you're a solo traveller. The only problem I had was with the staff. There were only two people working at the reception and the coffee bar. And they were super slow. Could be improved ! Breakfast was inclusive and it was pretty good ! Overall a great experience ! Would come again.

Pretty good. Not much of a vibe. More of a bad hotel with dorms in it. Definitely won't meet cool people or have fun within the hostel. No free lockers and no lockers in dorms. Free towels which was nice. Good showers. Wouldn't stay for more than a night.

This is a different style hostel from one I've ever stayed in before. Lots of big groups, families, and children (as well as young adults). Very nice place, though. I'd stay in youth and family hostels again. Awesome breakfast included, and a bar is open all night.

This was a place to dleep and that's it. No personality to the place and a pretty unhelpful staff. The breakfast was good so that was nice, but the entire place was overrun with middle schoolers.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It is a family hostel so if you're looking for cool solo young traveller vibes you probably won't find them but the facilities are great, the breakfast is great and all round it's very positive.

Overall experience was fine. This place was a bit tough for a solo traveler like me, since the place operates like a hotel and you get very little interactions with other backpackers. Staff was friendly but not very knowledgable.

There's a whole lot of kids/teens running around. The dorms are all in the lower ground. The rooms and the showers have this very distinct strong smell of I'm now sure what. Not really suitable for backpackers

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

the breakfast is super. everything is nice and clean. shower facilities is top class for a hostel. location is a little far though, 30 mins walk from the central train station. excellent value for money.

Great bathroom facilities and good quality beds! Love the buffet breakfast in the morning as well.

This is the prettiest hostel, Room and toilets are tidy and clean, the environment is beautiful and comfortable. Really love it!!