JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

Great that they play the Sound of Music at 8pm every night. Good location with about 10 minute walk to main city attractions. Staff a little unfriendly but ok. Rooms are comfortable. Bathrooms have weird sewerage and mold smell. Not a bad place to stay. Included fantastic breakfast.

Delicious breakfast. But that's about all the good I can say. There seem to be camps for middle school aged kids, so the hostel was crazy busy with them running around. It's also a place where families stay, so if you're traveling alone I would not recommend this hostel as its kinda hard to meet people. Also the discounted combination of Halstat & the sound of music tours does not exist.

To repeat a comment below..DO NOT STAY HERE if you're a solo traveller/backpacker. I despised coming back to it each night with loud schoolkids/families everywhere. Booked here only b/c a hostel I wanted was full. Location and breakfast were the only good things. Staff was cold to me, unhelpful. Took ages to check me in, they "lost" my booking, didn't care that I had a confirmation email for it or anything..no apology either. Room was stuffy. (I'm sure its a lovely place for families/schoolkids)

This place isn't a hostel, it's a discount hotel that happens to have a few dorm rooms in the basement. The lockers aren't in the rooms they're in the hall way, a little irritating. My key card would take a few minutes to work every time I went to enter the room (even after getting it replaced). Staff were very unfriendly, as though you were bothering them by needing to check in or ask something. No atmosphere to speak of. Breakfast was good and toilets are clean though.

The hostel felt safe and peaceful. This wasn't a party hostel. You could meet people from all around the world who were at different ages. The hostel was quite clean. The breakfast was really good. The only negative thing was that some of the staff were quite grumpy, but luckily some of them were really friendly.

• 13th May 2015
  • Finland

Very large hostel. Great all you can eat breakfast! Helpful staff. Weak wi-fi only seemed available in reception and was unavailable between 7-9 when so many people were on it. Could do with more plugs in the room for charging phones. Would stay here again though. Very clean. Enjoyed my stay.

staff are nice and approachable, they are very helpful to guests; beds comfy and spotless; always hot water; excellent buffet breakfast; very good value evening buffet for 9.60 euro; this place is terrific, thanks for a great stay in Saltzburg. also family orientated. Bernice from Belfast.

It's in an okay location and staff are good, but zero atmosphere for lone backpackers, all school kids and families, DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU ARE A BACKPACKER LOOKING TO MEET PEOPLE! But apart from that it was a good hostel, breakfast was okay

excellent buffet breakfast, clean beds and hot water, staff nice and approachable, only thing I thought could be added were computers but they used to have them but not anymore,

Very pleased with this hostel. Great breakfast, helpful and knowledgable staff, excellent facilities.

This is more of a hotel that has a few shared rooms

The location of the hostel is good. The facilities are nice as well. However, the atmosphere is more like a HOTEL. If you're looking for a hostel like atmosphere, then this may not be the best place.

I would like to say my review briefly to you. GOOD location GOOD staff GOOD breakfast GOOD facilities

Bathrooms smelled bad even te separate showers. The wifi did not reach our bedroom, which was extremely bad because we were relaying on wifi for phone service. Free breakfast was great! But the hostel is more family/child oriented as there were always screaming children/Tweens

When I got there there were not clean beds available. Had to wait for over an hour even though I got there at 6 pm. Bathrooms and rooms smelled really weird. Breakfast was great and the staff at breakfast was nice. There were so many Out of control kids being loud during our stay.

It is a very good hostel. They changed the towels for us every day. The bathrooms and toilets were very clean. Breakfast was great. The wifi was fast enough.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »