JUFA Salzburg City Reviews

Josef Preis Allee 18, Salzburg, Austria

This hostel was more like a hotel! Super nice! And the free breakfast is WONDERFUL!! Plus you are just about a five minute walk to the center of town! Which is great and the directions they gave you from the train station were so helpful! The only thing that was kind of frustrating was their wifi wasn't very strong and you had to keep reregistering.

Staff were horrible. Guy at the front desk was a complete smart arse. It is a hotel with a 'hostel' downstairs. No atmosphere at all. A lady was walking around asking for free beds and eventually had to he escorted off, but this took a while and she got into the luggage storage. Would not recommend unless you want a cheap hotel feel.

It's nice there, nothing really special, but cleanness, staff and facilities are exactly as they should be at a good hostel. But what I have to mention: the breakfast is awesome!

Loved the hostel and the staff, the breakfast is amazing and overall the value for what you pay is well worth it. My only complaint was that we definitely had a girl staying in our room who hadn't paid...very sketchy. They need to better monitor who is coming into the hostel or have some sort of check in every time you come in.

The room is too small

Good breakfast, cosy room, lockers available (2EUR refundable), wifi available , parking space limited but available it a fee. Toilets are cleaned regularly.

The hostel is VERY nice! The price, accommodation, staff, etc are very good!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Russia

There was a incident that led me very angered at this hostel. My bed in the dorm had obviously been double booked and after settling my stuff on the top bunk (including passport), I came home several hours later to someone sleeping in my bed and all of my things gone. Upon talking to the front desk the man handed me my stuff in a bag and said "we forgot to leave a note." You NEVER touch anyone's passport. It was unacceptable. I was given a private room, but their actions created was already done

Seemed understaffed as the reception was often empty and even when there was someone there it took a while to get served. The electronic keys seemed to have issues every day and whatever system they have for tracking the people in their rooms doesn't work. Hostel is about 15 min walk from the centre of Salzburg. The included breakfast is fantastic and will keep you going all day!

Very close to the city centre (5 minutes walking) with excellent breakfast. Good option for those who just need a place to stay.

The breakfast is a huge plus but the least favorite thing about this place was the basement dorms were damp and had no air circulation so stinky feet and socks were accented.

Guesthouse was nice, just teenager sports teams were there so made quite a lot of noise, but that has nothing to do with the guesthouse itself. The breakfast was good. When I arrived, staff didn't tell me when the breakfast and check out time was and did not seem very interested in me. But the receptionist when I was checking out was very nice and helpful. Overall, a very nice guesthouse!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Nice clean room and showers and toilets were clean. The hostel/ hotel itself attracted lots of school groups, and families with young kids, so was packed! Not too bad if your only there a couple of days, but can imagine can get annoying if staying there longer. Also myself and my friend booked an all female dorm, which was fine, but got put with two older ladies. Not so much fun in the morning when trying to get changed etc. also no wifi in the rooms, works ok in the reception area.

It was good accomodation for the price, staff was kind and ready to help.I don't have any complaints on services. Breakfast was very good.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

A great breakfast is included. The rooms are very small for 8 people & having only 1 Power Point the room is very frustrating

perfect location, staff and breakfast.

A very big establishment that obviously caters for a lot of people, if you're looking for something small and more intimate then this isn't the place for you but the dorm beds were comfortable, the showers and toilets were separate but clean and well maintained and the breakfast buffet was very substantial, which is great ahead of a long day out. Staff were really helpful and access was good via bus around the city.

This was a really good location for exploring Salzburg - just a 10 minute walk from the main part of the old town. The breakfasts were amazing and the rest of the hostel had a nice atmosphere and was clean and felt safe. Showers were nice and hot and powerful. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

cheap and value for money. worth staying

The hostel rooms are located in the basement - and are quite doll. Futhermore: no kitchen and the breakfast isn't that fantastic. We weren't pleased with the staff, because they forgot that we had signed on (and paid 40€ each) for the "sound of music"-bus tour - replying us only with an "ups". We missed the first half hour of the tour because of them.