• 486(2) Vagator Beach Road, Next to Mango Tree Restaurant, Goa, India

Superb 348 Total Reviews
Superb 348 Total Reviews
JUNGLE by thehostelcrowd Located at 486(2) Vagator Beach Road, Next to Mango Tree Restaurant, Goa.
India
Goa Vagator 403509 486(2) Vagator Beach Road, Next to Mango Tree Restaurant
91% 348
15.5998494 73.7414896
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 31-40
3rd Dec 2016
4.9

Not sure why everyone is raving about this place. It has potential to be a great hostel but other than the breakfast the atmosphere was terrible, location is not really near anything interesting and the setup of the rooms which are located away from remain area is also bad. Won't recommend or return.

• England, Male, 41+
2nd Dec 2016

...already posted on tripadvisor: I booked a double room with ensuite for two nights. The staff were all extremely helpful, and the friendly buzz of the place is something I cannot forget. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The hostel had also organised evening entertainment with visits to local pubs and late night flea market. A great way to familiarize with the area and get to know fellow travelers. A special thanks to Evelyn at reception and Kirk the party organiser !

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Nov 2016

Amazing staff, that help with everything including putting a smile on your face. Lots of daytime and night activities on offer including shuttles, bike rentals and night clubbing. Overall a great experience allowing us to meet lots of great people.

Thanks for the kind words, this review definitely put a smile on our faces :) We're glad you liked the activities at the hostel and found the shuttle service convenient - we know how expensive taxis can get. Enjoy the rest of your time in India!

• Australia, Female, 41+
25th Nov 2016

Excellent Kingfisher room.

• nsmith183826
  • England, Couple, 25-30
21st Nov 2016

Really clean, comfortable dorm room. This hostel is possibly the best hostel I've stayed in. The price includes breakfast so it's great value for money. The rooms are cleaned every day. The reception staff are really helpful and friendly. Great coffee shop in hostel. Laundry is SO cheap. It has a great chill out space but is really sociable. Has cheap shuttle to Panjim and Palolem. Also organises social events and travel to them. 10 minute walk to the beaches.

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you had a great experience at Jungle and would love to have you over again in case you find yourself in Goa! Enjoy the rest of your travels in India!

• savagen
  • USA, Female, 31-40
19th Nov 2016

Great place to stay to meet people with a nice communal lounge area. I was in the far dorm (off-site) for the first few nights and it was quiet with great people. Definitely a chance of pace when I moved over to the main area and I met some more people and hung out with them. Ended up meeting fabulous friends there. Staff were lovely and very helpful. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to friends!

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you had a great time here and made some new friends! Safe travels!

9th Nov 2016

a place that keeps expanding, swings in hidden corners, many options for a common area, organic cafe, kitchen but delicious restaurants facing beach, helpful staff, beds could use private lights, sockets, shelves

Thanks for the feedback! We completely agree and will work on installing lights, sockets and shelves for each bunk in the coming months.

15th Oct 2016

Best hostel we've been to in India! Awesome spot to meet more backpackers. Well priced, good location, clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Great common areas for chilling during the day or night.

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you had a great time and met some cool people here. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in India and do drop by again if you need some more time by the beach :)

• India, Female, 25-30
8th Oct 2016

The goods: Great location, helpful staff, lively atmosphere.... everything you look for when you come to a backpackers hostel. To be honest, I did not expect a hostel to be this good in India. What could be improved: the lighting in the room and washroom was wayyyy too dim - given the rains when i visited, it seemed like m entering a dungeon. For the Indian junta - no jets/mug in the loo.

Hi there - Thanks for the positive feedback, we're glad you liked the atmosphere here and found the staff helpful and we'd love to have you back some day. We're sorry you found the lighting dim in your room, we faced some electrical problems that weekend due to which things weren't running at their full capacity. We've since taken care of the issue, so it shouldn't be a problem again. Cheers!

• England, Male, 25-30
30th Sep 2016

Great hostel, massively unhelpful staff. I had to leave early in the morning, and didn't have time to have the breakfast that I had paid for as part of my room. When I asked if it was possible to have it early, I was told no. When I asked if it was possible to collect some breakfast materials that I could prepare myself in the morning, I was told no, and that I would have to pay extra to buy something from the cafe. The staff member was rude and unhelpful. Other than that, it's a lovely place.

Hi there - We're glad you liked your experience at Jungle. Our staff member clearly explained to you that our breakfast hours are 8:30am - 11am and that applies to everyone at the hostel. It's not possible to arrange breakfast at 5 in the morning since all our reception and kitchen staff get in at 8am. We'd also like to point out that you didn't pay for the breakfast with your room, we offer it for free :)