JUNGLE by thehostelcrowd Reviews

486(2) Vagator Beach Road, Next to Mango Tree Restaurant, Goa, India

Great hostel. Social areas really work, so it's easy to meet people to head to the beach or a night out. They also organise trips which is great, as well as a shuttle to their other hostels. New gate installed so that should solve any security issues people had in the past. Staff were OK.

Genuinely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The atmosphere is relaxed and the hostel is great for meeting new people. I can't rate it highly enough.

• 28th Jan 2016

Amazing place and great vibes. Will definitely return!

• 26th Jan 2016

Very good hostel, this is the second time i stayed here. Location is fabulous.

Strong recommendations from tripadvisor and a friend compelled me to book the place. I preferred to choose a safe route, by booking a private room, as i wasn't sure of sharing space, especially the bathroom. And i wasn't sure if this was a place for a guy at the fag end of his 30's. All my assumptions were proven wrong and how! Met a lot of people from India and the globe, had a great time. Will sure return with more vigour and more confidence. Cheers!

• 15th Jan 2016
  • India

Great hostel with a real focus on guest interactions. Lots of great activities such as tours and movie nights. Highly recommended.

A great place to place close to a very beach vagator quite area.

This hostel was amazing! The staff were so welcoming and accomodating. We only planned on staying for 1 night but we extended our stay by another 2 nights because we were so happy there. Water was hot, rooms were clean and the under bed lockers are a fantastic way to ensure our stuff was safe. Atmosphere was hostel was spot on, not only did we meet new friends but the staff often came and socialised with us advising us all where is good to go and what's good to do. Couldn't recommend it more!

Cleaning staff was pretty pushy. Kept on knocking on the door repeatedly at incredibly early hours of the morning to inspect the room to see if it needed to cleaned. On check out day, they once again came incredibly early every hour asking when I would be checking out.

Great location and probably a good value for the price if it wasn't the holiday season with 4x the normal amount. Bathrooms are not cleaned often. But good storage under bed--bring your own lock. Decent breakfast, which was nice and good wifi. They allow you to leave your stuff and use bathrooms after checkout if you need to.

I arrived late in the evening when the security guard was there and has some troubles getting my bed. Got placed in another dorm even though my friends had left a note and informed the staff at the reception beforehand. Other then that the location is good, walking distance to Vagator beach and easy to rent a scooter and go elsewhere. A bit pricey for what you get, especially during high season. Staff not always very helpful.

The communal areas and fellow backpackers were the best thing about this place. One night, the owner took the latch off the door, meaning our door couldn't shut and was left ajar all night. He didn't think that this was a problem, despite our room being the first off the main road, with 4 girls sleeping in it. Anybody could've walked in and harmed us, but he didn't care. Also, on my last night I had food poisoning, and they turned off the water in our room.

• 20th Dec 2015

Hey there - firstly, we're glad you liked the hostel so much that you extended your stay. The reason we took the latch off was because another guest complained about being locked out of their room which is not a great feeling (especially late at night). We do have private rooms as well but those aren't as cheap as our dorms. As for turning the water off, Goa has a severe water shortage due to the high influx of tourists and the Government water supply is sometimes insufficient for the village

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was loud for a couple of nights and quiet and relaxed for a couple - so hit and miss, depending on what you're looking for. Breakfast is the usual plus samosas (which weren't the most amazing I've ever tasted, but still...). Bit of a trek to the beach - 1km or so, but they have their own scooters which is very handy!

Very good. Should insist the people smoke and party at the fire pit instead of outside the door

• 11th Dec 2015

A very nice hostel with a good atmosphere, we were staying in the block that was situated 100m down the road which was still nice but not much of an atmosphere. One pointer is that there are no locks on the doors of the shared dorms and the additional block has no security guard meaning anyone of the street could just walk into your room, all i would say is that a security guard is needed for the second block or locks fitted on the doors.

Staff are really helpful and the place gets cleaned everyday. We didn't have air con which was fine for us but if it had been any hotter it would have been a problem. It can be a bit noisy at night as everyone gathers outside drinking, but with the sound of the two fans we had to have on we managed to sleep through it most of the time. Brilliant location close to the beach and facilities including scooter hire

The common area was exceptional in its friendliness.

Nice place to stay with very helpful staff. Note that some of the rooms are in a separate building down the street, which felt secluded from reception, the kitchen and the main common areas. They arranged shuttles every night to go party in Anjuna which was nice. Location was good. Great options for food in the immediate area, and a short walk to Vagator beach!

Quality hostel, located walking distance from Vagator beach. Party vibe but also chilled, only a short taxi or ride to Anjuna scenes. Worth paying the bit more for the deluxe / aircon rooms, though note that these are located in a seperate but near building which is less secure but also more relaxed vibe...

Jungle would have to be my favourite hostel in india by far. It has such a good vibe! The staff are really friendly, it's great for chilling out on the Hammocks or in the common area. In a good location too, close to beaches, and you can easily hire a moped from reception. The free breakfast is great too. I ended up staying over 2 weeks- couldn't leave!