JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

The European guy running the place is not a cool guy. The bell for checking-in is in a box that's SOMETIMES locked and when it isn't locked it doesn't open smoothly. Then when a girl tried to get in on the intercom the manager was talking to me inside disrespecting the girl behind her back for not being able to get in. He shouldn't disrespect his customers like that. There were loads of stains in the private room and the manager didn't reply to my email when I asked about a deposit refund.

Best place I´ve been so far, especially the tours with Jenny & Rice (staff) were awesome. Will definitely come back one day.

I love Rice, she is wonderful and so are the rest of the staff!!! Anne and Peter! Thank you so much for making my time in Taipei the best one, I'll be back. :) I highly recommend this place I haven't made so many wonderful friends in such a short amount of time before. It is a really great place to stay.

• 13th Oct 2014

I had an awesome time, family-like atmosphere, great location above the street market. You´ll always find someone to go ou with and thank you Rice for all your advice and tours ;-)

Very good. The staff is always ready to help. Rice and Jenny made my stay very comfortable. Even on their days off they would take guests on daytrips so they really care! Facilities are good and clean and location is right in the middle of the city so very convenient.

位置超好出门20米左右的地方白天是市场晚上是夜市 到捷运也很近 然后小米人超好旅馆里的大家也都很友好啊

• 10th Oct 2014
  • China

I stayed at two hostels in Taipei, this one and Meander. I prefer this one. The facilities at Meander are nicer, but the atmosphere here is better and so is the location.

It's very clean and comfortable!!! And staff there is very kind~ they gave me a lots of advises~ I have suggested my friend to there ~~:)

非常好。出门就是夜市,购物逛街都很方便,店员小米mm也非常热情。完美的台北之行!

• 5th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Beds much too short four westerners

Great location and price, love how there's a night market literally right around the corner. Staff were awesome and helpful especially Rice and Jenny. Would definitely go back again!

• 4th Oct 2014

Good value for Money.

Amazing stay at this hostel!. Met great people. The staff made our trip! On our first day we were invited to take a free guided tour outside of Taipei to Yehliu and Jiufen - breathtakingly beautiful. Highly recommended! Would come back to stay here.

• 3rd Oct 2014

I met a lot of friends in JV's ! In the beginning I just booked three days ,after three days,I decided to stay here longer. JV's has very good location!! it's just one minute to the night market,where you can eat the most tasty food.it's very close to the metro station,and it's also very convenient to get there from the airport.

Great hostel!

• China

Very good. Staff Rice was extremely helpful and friendly. We could not possibly ask for more

• 26th Sep 2014

Jv's is the perfect place for a stay in Taipei. Clean and comfortable, with easy check out at noon and extremely friendly staff will assist you in everything you need and help you to plan your stay in Taipei. Definitely recommend this great hostel!!!

• 26th Sep 2014

位置無敵好,離捷運五分鐘走路不到,能看到101,樓下就是夜市,還有711,屈臣氏,好多,很方便。店家太熱情了,嘿嘿,mimi還送postcard給我,真好啊~滿分啊

Rice was great!! Would definitely stay again!!

My mark for the "value for money" was only good, and not excellent, because of the fac, that sometimes after midnight, and even sometimes at 1, 2, or 3AM, some guests were speaking, while sitting in the TV room, in a loud voice, or among themselves, or maybe speaking, via Skype. Or at least, in two incidents, guests in the room, were packing their bags, early in the morning, so the sleep, was disturbed

• 24th Sep 2014