Superb 1,039 Total Reviews
Superb 1,039 Total Reviews
JV's Hostel Located at Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei.
Taiwan
Taipei 106 Ln.101, Tonghua St.
91% 1039
25.0296365 121.5544188
    Rooms available

21st Aug 2016

Awesome staff! Super solid food tour. Solid common area for meeting people. By Taiwanese standards, solid cleanliness, by European standards, super clean. Squeaky-ish beds on 4F (as of 8/26) is the only real complaint. Guitar just got fixed up! Location is also excellent for eating cheap, night market experience and getting to Taipei 101 and Elephant Mountain.

6th Aug 2016
7.4

My flight arrived early, I came to the office which is also a hostel. I called ‭‬to see if they can let me in so I drop my bag before the check in time. The guy picked up the phone and said okay but still he didn't open the door until a girl came in and opened the door for us which is at 9am :( I waited outside their place for 2 hours. I was tired and it was hot outside, a terrible service. Staying at their place is fine, good location, Tina the girl works there is also very friendly.

• USA, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

I had an amazing time at JV. The staff is amazing. Phoenix, Tina, and Lily went to extensive lengths to make sure I had a great stay. I also went on a great free walking tour provided by the hostel. Would definitely recommend this hostel to other travelers!

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2016

This is a nice and social hostel helped by the friendly staff. Great value for money and ample facilities. No complaints!

27th Jul 2016

JVs was in a great location! The rooms were spacious but the bathrooms were a bit small. The staff was so helpful and super friendly. Best hostel stay! Met some amazing people hanging out in the common room!

7.4

The hostel was a little bleh for me. The best things it has going for itself are the staff, especially Tina, and the location. The cleanliness can definitely be improved upon and there is also this funky locker room smell that I couldn't explain each time I would open the door to the fourth floor common area. Another gripe I had was that they would charge 30 TPD for towel rentals, so bring a towel with you if you don't want to pay.

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2016

Amazing! You'll love this hostel! The staff is so friendly and so helpful! My group and I came late last check in, and they left us a letter and a step by step for when we got there! Tina Ko, took us to get the most amazing breakfast, and showed us around the night l market! By far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!!

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
19th Jul 2016
8.0

Most of customers are foreigner but this is not my cup of tea. the facilities are enough and quite clean.

10th Jul 2016

Clean place and the bed was very confortable. Every bed had two plug and one security box. Maybe the only problem that it is difficult to find the entrance the first time.

6th Jul 2016
7.7

This place is about 10-15 minutes walk from Xinyi Anhe MRT station, which is a bit far compared to other hostels in town but not too bad. The thing is that the entire neighborhood turns into a night market once the sun goes down, so finding my way back at night time was really difficult... the neighborhood looked totally different! Plus it's in an ally and not very clearly marked, so getting lost is pretty easy. The place itself is pretty clean and quiet, your average hostel.