JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

I had the best time in JV, it's one of the best hostel I've stayed at so far!! I planned to stay 3 days initially but extended to 10...Perfectly clean, comfy, with a nice and relaxed atmosphere. Rice is the most helpful and welcoming staff!! The common room is the perfect place to make friends or watch movies on the projector screen, the bathrooms are spotless, with soap and shampoo provided... I loved it &can't recommend it enough!

• 15th Nov 2014

awesome hostel, the manager (rice) was soooooo nice and helpful. definitely made the experience 10x better than what it already was. highly recommended!!! :)

Awesome stay as usual. Best hostel in town!

Second time to come back here in a very short period of time! Everything remained excellent!

We spent almost a week staying at JV hostel. We found it to be excellent in every aspect. Very clean and comfortable. The location was absolutely great for the night market and close to the metro subway. The staff at JV hostel really went out of their way to help us and make our stay more enjoyable. Miss Rice one of the office staff stepped up numerous times and helped us with everything you could imagine. Rice and Anna were very friendly and helpful. We got assistance in every possible way! TY!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • fit2bthaid

People were nice in JV's, especially their staff, RICE! Though she was busy all the time, she was very friendly to answer all the questions! U will able to meet many nice ppl here, n you felt like you are home in JV's!!!! Highly recommend to you all!

best staff(Rice and Jenny) made my stay very plesent and exciting.. And the living room on 4 floor,is the best one chill and have fun ..:) definetely gonna come back again

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Serbia

This hostel is awesome. in 6 months, I've never stayed in a place with such a perfect atmosphere. The common room is great to meet other travellers and this place really attracts a great bunch. Rice and Jenny are incredible too, like good friends and not staff! They'll take you out for food or spend the day with you exploring. Clean, comfortable and situated close to a night market and an MRT station.

I think it was very comfortable hotel paticurally staffs were so friendly. I hope I can visit again someday!!

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Japan

Stayed in mixed dorm. Hostel entrance is secure, but lockers are not bolted to the wall or floor, and I almost tipped them over. They do not seem very secure. However, the atmosphere is wonderful and everyone is very friendly. Wish they would run the AC more, but we didn't ask to turn it on, and so woke up very sweaty. Toilets and showers can be very small and cramped, making them feel less clean than they probably are. I did see someone cleaning everything regularly. Amazing location.

Staff is so friendly and welcoming! They made my first two days in the country so lovely. Perfect location too! If I ever again needed to stay in a hostel in Taipei...this would be it

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Very nicely decorated place, has a lot of character. I only stayed a night and didn't spend too much time in the hostel but when I was there, the staff were pretty helpful. Great value for the price--I stayed in the 6 mixed dorm and the place is a lot of room for luggage and places to put your stuff in. Right next to the Tonghua night market and a good walk to the train station. I'd definitely stay here again when I'm visiting taipei next time!

• 22nd Oct 2014

This hostel is great and gives good value for money. The location is great next to a night market and just a 10 minute walk to the 101 and all the restaurants, bars and clubs. In particular, Miss. Rice 米 from the hostel was helpful and nice beyond expectation. Dont look further; stay here!

• 21st Oct 2014

Great location, love the market at door step. Rice is so helpful and friendly. We stayed at two locations, as we did not book our stay together, we preferred the main location better.

Very good location, super nice staff, hope to see you there next time Xiao Mi😘

• 21st Oct 2014
  • China

It is a wonderful place to stay. Enjoyed a lot. Supportive staff, neat and clean hostel. Metro station is very near (3-5 min walk). Kitchen facility is also available. Wifi pretty fast.

Really enjoy the friendly atmosphere at JV hostel. And thank you very much to ShaoMi for helping with our misplaced piece of cloth (it's actually a buff) and also for directing us back to the Airport Bus in front of Far Eastern Plaza. I would have gotten lost if by myself. You guys are awesome!

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The European guy running the place is not a cool guy. The bell for checking-in is in a box that's SOMETIMES locked and when it isn't locked it doesn't open smoothly. Then when a girl tried to get in on the intercom the manager was talking to me inside disrespecting the girl behind her back for not being able to get in. He shouldn't disrespect his customers like that. There were loads of stains in the private room and the manager didn't reply to my email when I asked about a deposit refund.

Best place I´ve been so far, especially the tours with Jenny & Rice (staff) were awesome. Will definitely come back one day.

Very good location, really nice staff. I had an awesome time in this hostel. highly recommend.

• 16th Oct 2014