JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Good hostel-vibe here. Right behind a nightmarket, MRT closeby and facilities are in order. Nothing fancy but value for the money.

Amazing location, clean rooms including bathrooms and kitchen (if you cook), staff and ambiance are great! Highly recommended

• 12th Dec 2014

This is the fourth time I've stayed at this hostel over the last two years and I love the place. Great location, facilities, it is clean and great value. Will definitely be back again soon! cheers Brad

The staff are the most accommodating I've ever encountered while traveling abroad. Rice was extremely helpful the moment I arrived, going over my itinerary for the trip and helping me figure out traveling. Olivia was wonderful to get to converse with and helped make my time there relaxing and memorable. The staff genuinely cared about my trip and I feel like that made the difference. I'll never forget my time in Taipei, and a large portion of it stems from the hostel. Thanks for everything!

• 11th Dec 2014

great location, close to metro station anxe. the night market is nearby with lots of food stalls. great staff, specially Rice..

The cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff work hard to clean the bathrooms and bedrooms at least once a day, if not more! Unlike other hostels that only clean every few days/once a week if that. And overhead rain shower heads, so luxurious for a hostel. Bedrooms were clean with new linen. The location was perfect - 5 minute walk to the train station, 7 minute walk to the airport bus. Hostel is surrounded by great little side streets, laneways, shops, restaurants,night market to explore.

• 7th Dec 2014

- Hotel 's staff Rice Mi had excellent service. She was very friendly and helpful for me Always provide useful information and good atmosphere for us. Her attitude ->以客為本 - That place is near 夜市,very convenie nce, but a little bit loudly at night.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

I've stayed at about 4 other hostels and JV's hostel has definitely been my favorite one. Not only are the facilities and atmosphere incredibly hip and relaxing, but the staff is AMAZING. Rice is a superstar and an absolute sweetheart. She will bring you to the yummiest breakfast places and eat with you and she'll take you out at night! Also, she even bought a birthday cake for one girl and had us all sing for her. The girl was so surprised! Convenient location, meet cool travelers!

• 5th Dec 2014

Great Hostel! People were extremely helpful and nice! The staff was great! They really took their time to help people and build community within the group of people staying there! Rice was the one working most of the time while I was there and she was awesome. She went out to dinner with us one night when she finished work, and showed us all around. She was a lot of fun! Overall, great hostel!

• 3rd Dec 2014

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Also there is a nice common room area for chatting with others, or watching movies.

Great place to stay. The common are is a good place sit and chat with other guest or watch a movie. Rice is amazing! She is always available to answer your questions. She takes guests out to restaurants and is always up to talk with guests. She even helped me call and set up viewin gs for apartments. Definitely recommend staying here.

Rice was really helpful with all what we asked. She told us exactly what to do in taipei and was great. The hostel is very clean, safe and is in a perfect location. I'm sure I'll be back.

Fantastic place very clean and nice staff especially Rice though short in stature she told me what to see and do in Taipei after I had not planned anything. She also took me to the bus stop to catch the bus to the airport and paid for my cab to get there which was really nice. Location is right next to a market so there was always food on hand. Will definitely come back again when I am in Taipei.

I had the best time in JV, it's one of the best hostel I've stayed at so far!! I planned to stay 3 days initially but extended to 10...Perfectly clean, comfy, with a nice and relaxed atmosphere. Rice is the most helpful and welcoming staff!! The common room is the perfect place to make friends or watch movies on the projector screen, the bathrooms are spotless, with soap and shampoo provided... I loved it &can't recommend it enough!

• 15th Nov 2014

awesome hostel, the manager (rice) was soooooo nice and helpful. definitely made the experience 10x better than what it already was. highly recommended!!! :)

Awesome stay as usual. Best hostel in town!

Second time to come back here in a very short period of time! Everything remained excellent!

We spent almost a week staying at JV hostel. We found it to be excellent in every aspect. Very clean and comfortable. The location was absolutely great for the night market and close to the metro subway. The staff at JV hostel really went out of their way to help us and make our stay more enjoyable. Miss Rice one of the office staff stepped up numerous times and helped us with everything you could imagine. Rice and Anna were very friendly and helpful. We got assistance in every possible way! TY!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • fit2bthaid

People were nice in JV's, especially their staff, RICE! Though she was busy all the time, she was very friendly to answer all the questions! U will able to meet many nice ppl here, n you felt like you are home in JV's!!!! Highly recommend to you all!

best staff(Rice and Jenny) made my stay very plesent and exciting.. And the living room on 4 floor,is the best one chill and have fun ..:) definetely gonna come back again

• 31st Oct 2014