JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

I recommend this hostel 100%. Great location, good place to meet peoples from taiwan and overseas . Friendly staff , happy to help anytime you need . Also shower are very clean .Bed are clean too and provide pillow case and other things . Also have a kitchen so thats really good .. Close to the bus from/ TO the airport and close to the Night Market ( 2 min by walk) and ( 9min) to the train station.

Very good Hostel, perfect for meet some peoples from Taiwan and peoples from all over the words. Bed really clean, friendly staff, happy to help you and very relax . Also great location close to train station and transfer airport .I recommend this hostel 100%.

Love this hostel! Stayed here for 12 nights! Really good location, right by a night market and few train stops away from everything. The staff are so friendly and helpful.. All of them! Which is rare to have all staff friendly and happy. Always clean and the atmosphere is really nice. Everyone is chilled out and sits and watch a movie together. 100% stay here again. One thing j would have to say is the beds in the female form are very squeaky!

Location was great, with a night market just outside and MRT station within walking distance. The staff, especially Rice were friendly, dedicated and awesome. Their commitment and hospitality made the stay very enjoyable.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

I did have wonderful time in this hostel. .Rice was super ultra kind and warm that gave me the best care and arrention. Go and stay in this hostel!!!!

Good location, very close to a famous night market and Taipei 101, the staffs are all very accommodating, definitely recommend this hostel!!!

I love JV's! This is my home away from home every time I visit Taipei. The staff are great and the location is in a fun part of town. Highly recommend!

The best thing about this hostel is the extremely friendly and helpful staff. When I found out that we will be at the 4th floor a day before our arrival and mentioned to them that my sister is on a wheelchair, they immediately secured an alternative hostel with elevator for us. They also transferred us to JV's second building occupying the first floor. Thank you!

We only stayed at JV's hostel for one night instead of the two planned due to a flight cancellation. Vanessa was so helpful and friendly keeping in touch with me via email during the choas of flight changes. She was great. Location was good and the facilities were great too. I would definitely stay here again if ever I am back in Taipei.

Excellent hostel as in last review. Very flexible with letting me stay an extra night. Would suggest the person on for reception keeps a mobile phone on them with the number displayed on the front door. Would be useful for people trying to check in after hrs or if someone gets locked out.

Good hostel. Close to the Xinyi district clubs. No free breakfast but the room price is very reasonable for Taipei. Excellent security and no curfew. Very clean. Only 3 toilets/ 2 showers in the building. Only complaint is reception is not 24 hrs so if you're checking in after hrs or you've got baggage locked away in the office and you've checked out can be a problem. Grace was amazing orienting me and the proprietary map was useful.

Super helpful and friendly staff

Overall very good hostel. The place is very roomy and the staff is great as they helped a great deal with giving advice for our trip. Also right next to Taipei 101 and located in a night market so very convenient location. Only knock on this is that the place is not the easiest to find within the night market and we were situated away from the main hostel, but those are relatively minor. Still highly recommend.

Great place to stay and awesome atmosphere. The staff are great and really helpful. They are always willing to go out of there way to make sure you have a great stay at JVs. (Rice is great !!!!). Good wifi and very clean. Also the air con in the rooms works great which is important as it gets very hot sometimes 👍

Pretty cool environment, rooms are clean, and conveniently located. Easy to make friends if you're a solo traveler, as everyone tends to hangout in the meeting room upstairs. Additionally, out host, Rice, was truly awesome. She actually took time not only to point out the must-see places around the city upon arrival, but also hung out with us and even took some time to climb Elephant mountain with us. Would highly recommend this place!

• 1st Jun 2015

This is literally the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Rice, the hostess, is just amazing, she will help you find out anything and anywhere. She really takes a good care of the people and makes sure everyone are enjoying their time. The hostel itself is great as well, just next to the Taipei 101 and metro station. The rooms are very clean, they have aircon and the living room upstairs is cool with comfy couches. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone! Rice, you're amazing! xx

For our month long trip to Taiwan, JV's was easily the best place we stayed at. Our room was clean and comfortable and there was a great community there. The location is hard to beat because there is a night market just a street over and the metro is only a five minute walk. You can get food at any hour which is really convenient. The absolute best part of our stay though was the staff at JV's, especially Rice. She went out of her way to make sure we had the best trip possible in Taiwan.

• 30th May 2015

This is a great hostel.Everyone here is friendly and helpful.Especially Rice (Xiaomi),she is such a cheerful and considerate helper! The rooms are clean and the atmosphere here is good.You can meet many foreign friends and I bet you'll have a wonderful time at JV's hostel for sure!

• 30th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

JV's a really good hostel. Always full of fun people and the location is excellent - next to a night market that seems to never close. The staff are great too, Pheonix and Rice often join the guests for breakfast and are able to show you all the best spots.

I had a great stay at JV's Hostel in Taipei, the only bad part was having to leave! By far the most friendly and helpful hostel staff I have ever experienced. Rice is wonderful and eager to help all travellers learn about what Taipei has to offer. Also, the location of the hostel is great as it is close to the night market and all the clubs and bars around Taipei 101.

• 27th May 2015