JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

I booked in for two nights at this hostel initially but I ended up staying for 9 nights over the two weeks I was in Taiwan because I loved it (and Taipei!) so much! The staff (Rice, Benio and Olivia!) are all awesome. When I first arrived, before even showing me to my room they talked to me for like 20 minutes about stuff to do in Taipei. The area is amazing to stay in as well there's a night market with loads of food 20 seconds away from the door. I'm just sad I had to leave!

The location is really convenient as it is close to a metro stop and right beside a night market. The showers are great - really good pressure. The common area has a good few seats and free internet but it's dominated by a large screen which kind of kills the atmosphere and makes it difficult to talk with others. The best part about the hostel was the staff who were all really friendly, positive and incredibly helpful. I'd definitely stay here again.

If you arrive later than 22 pm it is very important to contact the hostel and make sure that you get the password for the main door and your room keys in the hostel. One day before my arrival I wrote an e-mail, but didn't get any answer (because it got in the spam folder they told me the next day). Luckily I met two other people who had booked a room, otherwise I would have had to go somewhere else in the middle of the night. But then everything was fine! :)

• 18th Mar 2015

Staff and atmosphere are very nice, best place to stay for students who stays a few days in Taipei and who want to experience the local life

• 6th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel, staff are very friendly and fun, great place to meet other people and in a very good location...would recommend

I chose this hostel because of the reviews, but I'm really sorry to say, this is the worst hostel we'd stayed in the entire Taiwan's trip. There is nothing besides of rooms, there is no lounge, no living room and the bedroom is so small and COLD! The bed and blankets are a bit old as well. We have to wait for quite a long time when we reached the nearby hostel, the staffs are not fast responders. We have to take cold bath for the first day, because no one tells us how to generate the hot water

Dear Jessica, thanks very much for your review. The reason you have to wait is because our office hour is till 11pm, even though we have told you how to self check in, we still come to the hostel to help you check in when you arrive at 1AM. Also we mentioned very clear in the website that the building you stayed don't have common area. Also, the shower faucet is the same as most in the world, one side is hot and one side is cold, you just need to turn to the hot side to have hot water!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed it due to the staff. They created a very open and social environment. It was my first time coming to Taiwan and I traveled alone and was able to meet tons of new people due to the staff bridging connections. They were fun and invited people to breakfast and gave us advice as to where to go. Facilities were nice and a bit better than expected for the price. One area that could improve is the staff there handled everything so at times it can be quite busy.

• 4th Mar 2015

Overall, It was a nice hostel. the staffs were so friendly and helpful. the only things I dissatisfied is noise. there is a lounge on the 4th floor and people keep talking after midnight, also, you can hear street noise. however other things are great. if you are backpacks this hostel would be the best.

Rice and Benio are so sweet!! They recommended me many places and foods of Taipei. It's a the most awesome hostel that I've stayed. Thank you, girls~~

Was my second stay at the JV's and it hopefully won't be my last. Great atmosphere, great staff, great people!

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Basically I had no plan for my trip to Taipei until I arrived this amazing hostel, and Rice, one of the staff, just. Helped me out with all the information I need. Great atmosphere as well, a very sociable and friendly environment. I would definitely stay here again when I go to Taipei next time.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • China

I stayed during Chinese New Years, I absolutely loved the place. The staff Rice and Benio they deserve more than exellent I wish I could rate it even better! They helped me in every single way. Train system, language matters, recommends of places to visit and like literally everything. Besides, Taiwanese people are all nice so I had an amazing time in Taipei thank you soooooooo much I will definitely come back!!!

I stayed here with my girlfriend for a few nights and was very satisfied. Right next door to a night market and very easy to find something to eat day or night. The highlight though was the staff there; Rice and Jen, as well as beautiful such beautiful young ladies, were both very helpful in recommending things to see and do in Taipei. It was a friendly welcoming place and I wish I could have stayed longer.

• 22nd Feb 2015

awesome hostel. good location, clean, cheap, and really friendly staff. really good memories. Jenny and Rice are super friendly and made me feel totally welcome. i would definitely go back, and i hope to someday :)

• 22nd Feb 2015

Rice is great. Jenny is better. If you're looking for a conveniently located Hostel in Taipei with helpful staff and clean facilities look no further.

Rice who runs the place is an absolute legend. What a star! She is very friendly, helpful and a fountain of knowledge. Being located in the Night Market means you have a whole world if delicious treats to tempt you. The layout of the hostel is slightly unconventional, with the common room and office on the top floor. It's a great place to stay but bring earplugs: the front door slams and there's quite a bit of street noise.

The location of the hostel is very good, metro station and night market are within walking distance. The staff here is experienced and approachable, especially Rice (and Olivia), serving the guest with all of the passion she had. Perhaps the facilities here are not as new as other younger hostels in taipei, but I believe that the service of JVs hostel is the key thing that cannot be replaced.

• Malaysia

Location is a bit obscure but the hostel's website provides excellent directions and once you find it, its just a short walk from the subway and airport shuttle. Staff were very patient and were happy to help us find all the worthwhile tourist attractions. Hostel has pretty much everything you might need (laundry, locker, kitchen internet etc). Dorms and beds were much nicer than some other places we have stayed. I'm guessing this is probably one of the most preferred and popular hostel in Taipe

Verry nice stay! There is a nice community are to meet people, and the staff is great! thanks rice!

• 19th Feb 2015

nice place. all english spekers there, so that feeling a little hard for the first few days. peter , the housekeeper, is very competitive in solving problems. i'm waiting for u in fuzhou. c u then(˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7