JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

A great place to end our last leg of our 9 days Taiwan tour. Rice is super friendly. Brought us out for breakfast. Brought us to the bus stop to wait for the airport shuttle. Even helped to carry our luggage!! Her friendliest really warmed our hearts.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Lovely staff and I felt safe the whole time I was there. Staff was always available to answer questions and extremely friendly.

Rice the owner was caring and thoughtful when my family came to JV. She offered a last minute cancelled room for the four of us instead of hostel beds. Very much appreciated. She let us use the washer too! Don't expect fancy hostel setting but if you are looking for a clean safe space to live. The location is at the back of Ally and look scary. it is in fact a charming old ally of Taiwan. Convenient location with old style wet market and eateries close by. Walking distance Taipei 101

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We couldn't have asked for a better location! Linjiang Street was our favorite market in Taiwan — delicious food and local feel, day and night. There are also tons of other great spots nearby, and you're close to UBikes and other public transport options. The JV staff is super friendly and helpful, too. Thanks for the lovely stay!

Staff are so enthusiastic that I feel at ease here. I love the living room where guests can sat around and talked to each other about their stories of travel.

Winning so much on the atmosphere in this place. inviting to interact with the other residents. Just great

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Denmark

The place is cozy, room is so clean and quite spacious, can really feel like at home, staff are friendly and helpful.

i really enjoyed my stay here. excellent location central in taipei and close to a night market with lots of nice food. rice and the other staff were friendly and helpful, and this hostel had a nice social vibe which was good for socialising and heading out with others to do stuff around taipei, and hit the nightlife. thank you! :)

• 30th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

I expected family room(we stayed there) to be in the main building which has a common room in. But it was in the other building where was very private and quiet. Actually I wanted to get information and share experience with fellow travelers. So I told everything about that to the staff Rice. She's willing to give us a lot of i nformation and try to help us a lot. She's so amazing !! I really enjoyed breakfast time with her and fellow travelers. Thank you Rice!!

• 28th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Amazing stay :) this place made my Taipei experience. Rice was the most helpful in making sure we got the most out of our stay. It very much felt like a home. I will be coming back here again the next time I'm in Taipei.

• 28th Mar 2015

Great location, very clean and well kept. Staff were helpful and provided maps and info about the local area. Also helped direct my taxi driver when he got lost. Try the night market on the next street for some local delicacies. Great stay, thanks! :-)

Very good! Rice taking care of the guest house is just an example of friendliness and kindness. Always lovely and helpful with us.

• 24th Mar 2015

Taiwan can be a difficult place to meet fellow travelers because it's not the typical backpacker location, but JV's is THE place to fix that! The staff is super friendly and nice (Rice you're a darling!) and they really go out of their way to make it a amazing experience for you. They know everything and have recommendations for whatever you're looking for!

• 21st Mar 2015

I booked in for two nights at this hostel initially but I ended up staying for 9 nights over the two weeks I was in Taiwan because I loved it (and Taipei!) so much! The staff (Rice, Benio and Olivia!) are all awesome. When I first arrived, before even showing me to my room they talked to me for like 20 minutes about stuff to do in Taipei. The area is amazing to stay in as well there's a night market with loads of food 20 seconds away from the door. I'm just sad I had to leave!

The location is really convenient as it is close to a metro stop and right beside a night market. The showers are great - really good pressure. The common area has a good few seats and free internet but it's dominated by a large screen which kind of kills the atmosphere and makes it difficult to talk with others. The best part about the hostel was the staff who were all really friendly, positive and incredibly helpful. I'd definitely stay here again.

If you arrive later than 22 pm it is very important to contact the hostel and make sure that you get the password for the main door and your room keys in the hostel. One day before my arrival I wrote an e-mail, but didn't get any answer (because it got in the spam folder they told me the next day). Luckily I met two other people who had booked a room, otherwise I would have had to go somewhere else in the middle of the night. But then everything was fine! :)

• 18th Mar 2015

Great place! Great location! Excellent staff! Rice and Benio really took care of me and made me feel at home. ありがとう!

Staff and atmosphere are very nice, best place to stay for students who stays a few days in Taipei and who want to experience the local life

• 6th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel, staff are very friendly and fun, great place to meet other people and in a very good location...would recommend

I chose this hostel because of the reviews, but I'm really sorry to say, this is the worst hostel we'd stayed in the entire Taiwan's trip. There is nothing besides of rooms, there is no lounge, no living room and the bedroom is so small and COLD! The bed and blankets are a bit old as well. We have to wait for quite a long time when we reached the nearby hostel, the staffs are not fast responders. We have to take cold bath for the first day, because no one tells us how to generate the hot water

Dear Jessica, thanks very much for your review. The reason you have to wait is because our office hour is till 11pm, even though we have told you how to self check in, we still come to the hostel to help you check in when you arrive at 1AM. Also we mentioned very clear in the website that the building you stayed don't have common area. Also, the shower faucet is the same as most in the world, one side is hot and one side is cold, you just need to turn to the hot side to have hot water!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6