JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Hostel with budget price and locate near the Night Market! Staffs like Justin are helpful and willing to share their dream with you! Just that it's a bit noisy while getting on and off the bed in shared dorm. Afterall it's a hostel that worths backpacker to stay :)

( ) Super lady at the reception, lots of good tips, very good english and nice person :) (-) no window in my single room ... just let the guest know on the internet. I may have booked elsewhere if I had known.

Nice hostel, located in a good spot. People in hostel are very friendly and helpful (especially Rice who pretty much planned the sightseeing for me)

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Jv's was great. Close to shopping and plenty to see locally. Our hosts were extremely friendly and took time out to show us around and offered helpful advice on touring Taipei. Would definitely stay again and recommend it as a solid Hostel option in Taipei.

The people working at the hostel are really great! Really helpful and friendly, with a twist of humor and a lot of spunk! For me, being hosted by cool people is a major plus-side to money's worth accommodation. Big up!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Romania

The staff are very very nice, they are so passionate to introduce all the things about Taipei to us! We felt very warm during the stay in this hostel! And we enjoyed a lot of the BBQ party in the mid autumn festival, thanks for organising by the hostel staff! Caroline and Ar Wai!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location is confusing at first but very convenient after you know where it is. The rooms are nice and well designed. However, I had some trouble with the staff and security. I was locked out for about an hour and I couldn't reach the staff. That was upsetting and difficult, but other than that, it's a great place to stay while visiting Taipei. Keep in mind that it's hard for taxes to come there.

The staff Ying is very helful and friendly. Location is good, after you managed to find the way to go there. However I personally don't feel good about the surrounding as it located in the middle of wet

Good location..

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Nice location, just 2 mins walk to night market and 10 mins to MRT station. Xiao Mi is a superb friendly staff I have ever met. She totally shows friendliness of Taiwan people. As Taipei is the 1st station we visit, she patiently explained the visiting routes and sequences. We also received a small surprise on the last day~

Could not ask for a better location; having the night market right there was amazing - great food literally steps from the door. Our host was so knowledgeable about the city and took the time to point out some areas we never would have been to other wise. Super nice, super friendly, and definitely helped make our stay in Taipei much more fun. The rooms were clean and bright, no problems with any bit of our accommodations. I love JV's Hostel and highly recommend it to anyone going to Taipei.

• 2nd Sep 2014

i have stayed there for 3nights, then could meet a lot of people who was traveling around the world. even i went to Taipei alone but the time when i had been alone was only sleeping!! every single stuff was so nice and kind as well, thank you for letting me staying at your hostel, i really wanna visit Taiwan using your hostel.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Japan

First of all I really liked the staff very much. They did an excellent job and especially Miss Rice helped me out many times. All the other factors like cleanliness were good too. So I can highly recommend this hostel.

This is a perfect place! It's a really good location just beside a traditional Taiwanese nightmarket, and really close to the 101 and financial district. The hostel itself is very nice. It's a nice and clean hostel with a sweet common area. The staff is amazing! Increadably helpful! I want to thank Rice for making my stay so wonderful!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I had an amazing time here. The staff was wonderful! ESPECIALLY Rice. She helped us get around Taiwan and see different attractions as well as helped us book what we needed !

The staffs are so nice!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • China

The environment, staff and people there were all amazing and made my stay absolutely unforgettable. When I arrived, I was only booked for two short days but when I told them I wanted to extend, they worked with me to book rooms, despite limited availability. Possibly the most memorable portions of the stay were the outings that we did as a group, where the main staff person, Rice, would lead all of us to a local destination and take care of us. She was kind, understanding and accommodating.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Super Super Nice Staff Arranging always some activities which you can join like visiting some attractions, go clubbing, cinema.. You will definetely have a lot of fun and meet great new people! Location is perfect in Taipeis best district!!

Mama Rice is the best!!!!! ;)

• 21st Aug 2014

My stay at the hostel was amazing! All of my accommodations were met. The staff is super helpful and efficient. Rice, in particular, made the stay quite fun by taking hostel members around tourist spots and local places to eat. I defintely recommend staying at this hostel!

• 21st Aug 2014