JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Very nicely decorated place, has a lot of character. I only stayed a night and didn't spend too much time in the hostel but when I was there, the staff were pretty helpful. Great value for the price--I stayed in the 6 mixed dorm and the place is a lot of room for luggage and places to put your stuff in. Right next to the Tonghua night market and a good walk to the train station. I'd definitely stay here again when I'm visiting taipei next time!

• 22nd Oct 2014

This hostel is great and gives good value for money. The location is great next to a night market and just a 10 minute walk to the 101 and all the restaurants, bars and clubs. In particular, Miss. Rice 米 from the hostel was helpful and nice beyond expectation. Dont look further; stay here!

• 21st Oct 2014

Great location, love the market at door step. Rice is so helpful and friendly. We stayed at two locations, as we did not book our stay together, we preferred the main location better.

Very good location, super nice staff, hope to see you there next time Xiao Mi😘

• 21st Oct 2014
  • China

Really enjoy the friendly atmosphere at JV hostel. And thank you very much to ShaoMi for helping with our misplaced piece of cloth (it's actually a buff) and also for directing us back to the Airport Bus in front of Far Eastern Plaza. I would have gotten lost if by myself. You guys are awesome!

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The European guy running the place is not a cool guy. The bell for checking-in is in a box that's SOMETIMES locked and when it isn't locked it doesn't open smoothly. Then when a girl tried to get in on the intercom the manager was talking to me inside disrespecting the girl behind her back for not being able to get in. He shouldn't disrespect his customers like that. There were loads of stains in the private room and the manager didn't reply to my email when I asked about a deposit refund.

Best place I´ve been so far, especially the tours with Jenny & Rice (staff) were awesome. Will definitely come back one day.

Very good location, really nice staff. I had an awesome time in this hostel. highly recommend.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Japan

One staff there, Rice, was amazingly helpful and nice. Not surprising cuz all Taiwanese I met in Taipei were just ridiculously nice and helpful! Very safe, clean and good location. Hot water is available. Free locker and water. Nothing to criticize

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

I love Rice, she is wonderful and so are the rest of the staff!!! Anne and Peter! Thank you so much for making my time in Taipei the best one, I'll be back. :) I highly recommend this place I haven't made so many wonderful friends in such a short amount of time before. It is a really great place to stay.

• 13th Oct 2014

I had an awesome time, family-like atmosphere, great location above the street market. You´ll always find someone to go ou with and thank you Rice for all your advice and tours ;-)

Really good located just in the middle of might market and within a walking distance from 101. Very good connection to the airport. The hostel is clean and has good facilities like common room and kitchen. The staff is really friendly and willing to help. You won't find anything better for that money in taipei

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Very good. The staff is always ready to help. Rice and Jenny made my stay very comfortable. Even on their days off they would take guests on daytrips so they really care! Facilities are good and clean and location is right in the middle of the city so very convenient.

位置超好出门20米左右的地方白天是市场晚上是夜市 到捷运也很近 然后小米人超好旅馆里的大家也都很友好啊

• 10th Oct 2014
  • China

I stayed at two hostels in Taipei, this one and Meander. I prefer this one. The facilities at Meander are nicer, but the atmosphere here is better and so is the location.

It's very clean and comfortable!!! And staff there is very kind~ they gave me a lots of advises~ I have suggested my friend to there ~~:)

非常好。出门就是夜市,购物逛街都很方便,店员小米mm也非常热情。完美的台北之行!

• 5th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Beds much too short four westerners

Great location and price, love how there's a night market literally right around the corner. Staff were awesome and helpful especially Rice and Jenny. Would definitely go back again!

• 4th Oct 2014