JV's Hostel Reviews

2F., No.57, Aly. 50, Ln. 39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

The stay was most pleasant by the friendly staffs at the hostel. Rice and her other colleagues made me feel well at home. The rooms were pleasant to stay in and the facilities , etc toilets and common rooms, were just perfect for my needs. I felt right at home in the hostel and had made plenty of friends there. Public transport such as the bus, MRT and bicycles were just minutes away and dont't even let me start on the nearby night market which was in the vincinity as well. Excellent service =)

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Rice and Kerry (Mako-chan) are super friendly, really made my stay in Taipei an awesome one. Will definitely stay here should I return to Taipei

Very convenient to the main sites. Not a far walk from the MRT. Close to a night market, so loads of good stuff to nosh. The staff members I spoke with- both Peter and Rice- were very helpful and friendly. This is a great place to stay if you plan to be out busy all day and just want a cheap place to crash that's super convenient. If you're looking for atmosphere, look elsewhere.

• 8th Mar 2014

It's a nice and low-cost hostel in TaiPei. Although it's in an old district, however, it's very just the next street of 臨江街 night market. The staff and host is very nice and helpful. The atmosphere here is good to meet friend. It's also have a comfortable bed for sleep. Overall rating of this hostel is good!

The staff were great, especially Rice! She made me say that! Haha :p good location close to night market and Taipei 101, have to carry luggage up stairs but its like that at most hostels in Taiwan. I would stay here again if I come back to Taipei

I’m very pleased to begin my Taiwan trip from JV's Hostel, its location is very good, not only near the subway station, but also close to Tonghua Night Market where I can find all kinds of Taiwan food. The internal facilities are clean and perfect. What impressed and moved me most is the warm and attentive staff – Xiao Mi, who not only provided us with various travel advice, but also played with us as an old friend, specifically when we were going to leave, came to say goodbye and gave us beauti

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • China

It is a little hard to find but it's in a great location near a night market. The staff were incredibly helpful and the atmosphere was very cheerful and welcoming. All the facilities were great and it was a really nice place to stay.

Great place, great people nice Atmosphere, especially Rice and Ann, they are so nice and lovely, they helped me with everything, hope next time I have time to stay longer here !

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • shutong7211372
  • China

JV's is a great hostel, and the staff is wonderful and very helpful, especially Rice, who made my most recent stay very pleasant!

Very relaxed and easy-going atmosphere. Rice is super friendly and welcoming! Right beside a night (and morning) market. Close enough to an MRT station and an airport bus stop. Overall, a cheap place to stay with pretty good facilities and great staff!

• 20th Feb 2014

Great value for money, Rice is very friendly!

Great place to stay in Meet some interesting people, and friendly staffs. The room is clean and bed is comfortable. The only drawback is the price :p Not the best value for the service and facility given

Just next to a local night market.

This is an amazing place to visit here because there are so many friendly peolpe who are willing to talk about their backgound, way of thinking and travel tips. As for its location, it is quite close to get everywhere in Taipei. There is a night market nearby. I am sure i can visit here when I come to Taipei next time.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Great staff, fabulous atmosphere, perfect location. One thing to improve: the map and direction instruction comes with the email is out-dated. The newly constructed Xinyi Anhe MRT station is the nearest station now.

Excellent value for money, and a great location. Would stay here again.

Nothing to complain

Absolutely amazing! We stayed as a group and every single one of us had nothing to complain about. It will be difficult to find sth similar when it comes to price/value.

• 23rd Jan 2014

near to night market , good location , nice staff

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

The location, staff and the people at JV's hostel are simply amazing. Since it is so central you have really no troubles getting around. The next metro station is less than 5 min away by foot. There is also a great night market just next door. Overall I can highly recommend staying at JV's hostel because it is the best value for money you can get in Taipei. In addition, the staff are the kindest group of people I have met in any hostel in my 10+ years of traveling the world, two thumbs up!!