JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

awesome hostel. good location, clean, cheap, and really friendly staff. really good memories. Jenny and Rice are super friendly and made me feel totally welcome. i would definitely go back, and i hope to someday :)

• 22nd Feb 2015

Rice is great. Jenny is better. If you're looking for a conveniently located Hostel in Taipei with helpful staff and clean facilities look no further.

Rice who runs the place is an absolute legend. What a star! She is very friendly, helpful and a fountain of knowledge. Being located in the Night Market means you have a whole world if delicious treats to tempt you. The layout of the hostel is slightly unconventional, with the common room and office on the top floor. It's a great place to stay but bring earplugs: the front door slams and there's quite a bit of street noise.

The location of the hostel is very good, metro station and night market are within walking distance. The staff here is experienced and approachable, especially Rice (and Olivia), serving the guest with all of the passion she had. Perhaps the facilities here are not as new as other younger hostels in taipei, but I believe that the service of JVs hostel is the key thing that cannot be replaced.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

Location is a bit obscure but the hostel's website provides excellent directions and once you find it, its just a short walk from the subway and airport shuttle. Staff were very patient and were happy to help us find all the worthwhile tourist attractions. Hostel has pretty much everything you might need (laundry, locker, kitchen internet etc). Dorms and beds were much nicer than some other places we have stayed. I'm guessing this is probably one of the most preferred and popular hostel in Taipe

Verry nice stay! There is a nice community are to meet people, and the staff is great! thanks rice!

• 19th Feb 2015

The hostel Is really nice, clean and in a super convenient location. The staff are really kind and helpful. Thank's again to Rice for give me a lot of informations and she also showed me the bus stop for the airport! I really suggest this hostel for your trip in Taipei.

• 18th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed the great atmosphere at this hostel. After check in at the hostel and looking for my room, i went to the living room and i immediatly met other nice people! The staff also is really friendly and helped me whenever i got any questions. Location is also great!

• 18th Feb 2015

A well placed hostel near a night market and close to transporr with very helpful and friendly staff.

One of the best hostels Iv ever stayed at in my life

• 15th Feb 2015

If you stay at JV's you are not only a guest but also a friend. I can really recommend the hostel, lovely staff!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's clean, people are friendly, staff are amazing, and it's a great place to meet people of you're travelling alone. As it's located very near to a night market, it's perfect for bringing snacks back to share in the common room. Rice was fantastic, and she went out of her way to help everyone by taking us to restaurants, recommending sights, explaining how to get everywhere, and even taking us on a day trip to the beach! Highly recommended.

The stay was enjoyable, I met with a lot of nice people, and traveled with some of them. It was surprising how many fellow teachers were travelling at that time. The team of staff working there are very friendly. I've met with Rice, Olivia, Peter and Vanessa. Rice took a group of us out to the beach on her day off, and also made great recommendations for trips in and around Taipei. The location is really good, almost right above the Tonghua night market. Clean and cheap but no elevators.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

One of the cleanest, coolest hostels I've been to, and the staff (Rice, Jenny, Olivia) are awesome. Oh, and Rice knows a good place nearby to get sweet haircuts!

• 10th Feb 2015

JV's is one of (if not The) best hostels I've stayed at. I love how clean it is and the security is great. It is a quiet place that shuts down around 11, and I enjoyed that. Tonghua night market is great and super close if you're ever hungry and want some delicious eats. Most of all I'd have to say the staff is what makes it so great. Rice and Jenny are two very helpful, kind girls willing to show you around a bit.

Location is nice near mrt and taipei 101.. The staff are good and very accommodating.. Unfortunately, the hostel do not accept any credit card...

I've stayed at JVs hostel last time I was in Taipei which is what fueled my desire to stay there again. Both times I've stayed there its been great. I absolutely love that every time I seem to go there, the people you meet are great and want to travel about and the staff are always ready to help you if you need help with something. The hostel is right next to a night market, not far from restaurants and about a 10min walk to 2 different mrt station. Would recommend!

location is extremely convenient because the night market is 15 seconds away from the hostel. Staff are super nice and very accommodated to our needs, but since it is on a busy street, so motorbikes noise is quite common, other than that everything is excellent again, will stay again if coming back to Taipei.

Perfect hostel!! My group had come from another hostel, and our experience with JV was much better. Olivia and Rice were extremely helpful! They had the best attitudes and helped contribute majorly to the greatest travel experience my group has ever had. Thank you again JV!!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Overall it was an ok stay. I though the rooms and condition was a little dirty, there were mildew smells and the bathroom flooded and the rooms has dust. I think its ok, but its not as clean as the other hostels I stayed in taiwan. However, I am pretty sure it still a lot better than a typical hostel. The location is good, near 101 taipei and about 15-20 minutes walk. There is a night market nearby, a little small, but still go. The big street near the hostel has a lot of nice local foods to eat

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7