JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Jv's Hostel is located a few minutes away from the lively Tonghua night market and just 5 minutes walk away from the closest subway station. Quite close also to the 101 Taipei! I got a bed in the 7-bed dorm and everything was really good, many people from all over the world met in the common room every night for a chat. The rooms were clean as well as the bathrooms and the rest of the hostel. Staff very friendly and available to help. Hope to be back soon!

Great, affordable hostel with an awesome staff. Perfect location, walking distance to Taipei 101 and a block away from a great night market. The staff was awesome! Showed us great restaurants nearby, advised on other attractions to check out and how to get there and helped out with booking ongoing travel. Gonna miss the daily breakfasts with Rice!

Posted check in time is 3pm, I came at 4 and my bed wasn't ready and there was no locker for me to leave my valuables in.

This is the hostel to go to for your first time in Taipei. The staff is super helpful and friendly and the location is super convenient.

• 24th Jan 2016

Someone stole my umbrella, but the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Great location!

• 22nd Jan 2016

Best hostel ever! The staff is awesome and they take really good care of everyone :) perfect living room to meet new people

• 14th Jan 2016

Awesome host and great to go get breakfast on the weekdays. Right outside the night market and provides many resources for things to do in taipei. We stayed in both the dorm and a private. Soap and shampoo provided and there is a coin op washer dryer. We checked in late so we were able to stay in a private to not bother other guests and move in next day. Great service!

The hostel was ok. The best thing was nice staff. I was glad I spent only one night because the people in front of the tattoo shop down on street were amazinly loud in the night. Very loud talking, almost shouting, continued literally without even one second stop from midnight till 2.30 and nobody in the dorm was able to sleep before that. I had ear plugs but they didn't help enough. Because of that I advice to find another hostel. Bathroom and toilet facilities are too small for many dorms.

Nice place to stay. The common room is good for meeting other people.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location immediately adjacent to a night market, cool atmosphere inside with many helpful maps and fun quotes. Overall a great experience.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Amazing place had a really great time. Rice is awesome! :)

This hostel is amazing, great facilities, perfect location just next to 101, elephant trail and night market, they also made a rooftop event for new years eve. The staff will join you out for breakfast, night markets, clubs and other events they arrange. Best hostel to stay at in Taipei thanks to the amazing staff :)

we loved how homely the hostel feels(even the washroom) and especially the decorations and drawings on the wall. maybe JV's could improve more on the room amenities as we felt we was too empty. maybe a side table or night lamp. the hangers on 2nd level outside were too worn and it was a little difficult to hang our towels/clothes! JV's had a really great and lively atmosphere and we love the neighboring night market too. :) thanks for hosting a NYE gathering for a rooftop experience. :)

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Singapore

This is a clearly experienced hostel with experienced and super friendly staff. Rice, who's been there for years, and who brings guests out for breakfast, is phenomenal. You definitely feel at home if for whatever reason you decide to have a chill day or night in. Everyone is super helpful. One of the best hostel experiences I've had.

Rice was really friendly

The staff was really great :) :) The place was not so extremely hard to find, once you have found the Tattoo place. If you are coming from Tonghua street direction, just walk roughly 10 meters past the Tattoo place (Tattoo place is on your left) and on the left you see the buzzer. There is long,long stairs to the top, so if you are travelling with lots of luggage it might be a little difficult.

Great place to stay in! Location was superb, near to the subway station and even nearer to the night market. So much to eat! Staff was very friendly and helped to find places where we could go in our limited time there. We had a double room which was clean and big and bathroom was well maintained. They also have a washing machine and dryer which was a big plus. Highly recommended to everyone going to Taipei!

JV's Hostel is a really cozy and comfortable place to stay, and I felt very safe during my stay there. The place was also well equipped for a solo-traveller like myself. In addition, Rice, one of the staff there was especially approachable and outgoing, and there wasn't a moment of awkwardness. I would visit the hostel if I ever need a place to stay in Taipei!

Rice and Tina really made sure that everyone was comfortable and they were very helpful and friendly. Especially liked their initiative of bringing us out for breakfast in the mornings so that we can chat and get to know the other people staying in the hostel. I'm definitely staying at JV's the next time I visit Taipei :)

JVs Hostel is the best place to stay in Taipei. Nearby is a (Night) market and MRT stations are just some minutes away. The staff is so friendly and always helpful. Especially Rice and Tina made the hostel a place where I could feel like being home for a while. To discover Taipei just follow their recommendations!

« first « Prev 1 2 3