JV's Hostel Reviews

2F, No.57, Aly.50 Ln.39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

First of all I really liked the staff very much. They did an excellent job and especially Miss Rice helped me out many times. All the other factors like cleanliness were good too. So I can highly recommend this hostel.

This is a perfect place! It's a really good location just beside a traditional Taiwanese nightmarket, and really close to the 101 and financial district. The hostel itself is very nice. It's a nice and clean hostel with a sweet common area. The staff is amazing! Increadably helpful! I want to thank Rice for making my stay so wonderful!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

The environment, staff and people there were all amazing and made my stay absolutely unforgettable. When I arrived, I was only booked for two short days but when I told them I wanted to extend, they worked with me to book rooms, despite limited availability. Possibly the most memorable portions of the stay were the outings that we did as a group, where the main staff person, Rice, would lead all of us to a local destination and take care of us. She was kind, understanding and accommodating.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Super Super Nice Staff Arranging always some activities which you can join like visiting some attractions, go clubbing, cinema.. You will definetely have a lot of fun and meet great new people! Location is perfect in Taipeis best district!!

JV's is a great hostel with extremely friendly and accommodating staff. Only the common room and bedrooms have air conditioning, which makes the place quite hot during the summer, and the common room is a bit smaller than some other places I have been to, but if you're coming to Taipei on a budget, I would look no farther than JV's.

• 19th Aug 2014

Awesome hostel! Good location, clean enough, great people, and the best staff!

Hostel was great. The best point was the staff. Rice, Mei, and Peter were the best!!! The location first seemed confusing, but it was awesome. It's right in the middle of the night market to get anything you need. It's also a few minutes walk from the main road and about 15 minutes from the Taipei 101. There was an issue with another guest in the dorm room, doing something he should not have been doing. Once I informed the staff, they solved the issue immediately and professionally. Big thanks!

Awesome stay at JV's. Staff was really helpful with our late arrival, providing a taxi cheaper than the regular one. It was necessary for us to be guided by the driver, since it is dificult to find. We were placed in the annex, that is very quiet, so that was perfect for us. Room very clean and even with fridge! On departure (very rainy) a member of the staff went to the street with us and found us a taxi. They really care! My choice if I re-visit Taipei.

环境还不错!离捷运站也很近~还临近夜市~好评~!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • China

The personnel , especially Peter and Rice, was very friendly and could provide a lot of useful information for free. The location, which is close to both the metro and main train station, is also very favourable. All in all JV is definitely worth the money you pay for it.

They are very, VERY hospitable and will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable or to help you out. I enjoyed my very brief stay here and wish that I stayed in Taiwan longer to enjoy the atmosphere both in Taiwan and at JV Hostel.

• 13th Aug 2014

The day staff is either too busy or too rude to help out with anything other than their preset list of tourist destinations. Everything else is satisfactory

• 12th Aug 2014

Jv's is by far my favorite hostel in taipei. I've stayed there on 4 separate trips to Taiwan and each time has been excellent. Great staff, especially Rice! They go out of their way to accommodate you and give great advice on what to do while visiting taipei, or on getting settled down in Taiwan long term. Very clean rooms and safe neighborhood steps away from a night market. I will continue to come back!!

• 12th Aug 2014

I stayed in this hostel from 10 to 15, actually I booked only 3days from 10 but extended two days more! Location is near by the station and airport bus stop. Moreover, there are night market so you can have anything if you are hungry at night. But the most important point of this hostel is the staff, rice! I will never forget her. She was always care about the guest. If you do not have a plan where to go in taiwan, you do not need to worry. Rice and other staff will help you all the time!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

JV's was a great place to stay! Right next to it was a street market with great food! :) And lots of local food options open till late at night! I got late and they kept me keys and a note to check in! The staff was very nice, clean airy rooms, sufficient bathrooms, big common room, and right next to Taipei 101. I'll definitely be back! Make sure you are okay with getting your luggage up the stairs though!

This is a perfect place to stay. They have a good price and my roomates were very quiet from midnight (there is rules to follow). The hosts were very kind and helpfull. The bad side are that the lockers are small and that you don't have privacy in your bed (no curtain) nor personnal lamp. There is a grocery (Wellcome) near, so this is a good point.

Excellent location, friendly staff, great facilities. Wish all my hostels were like JVs, would definately stay there again!

위치가 좋고 야시장 근처라 식사 해결이 쉬움. 지하철도 가깝고 숙박비도 저렴해서 좋고 특히 스태프의 친절은 대만에서 최고였음. It is located at nearby market and MRT. So it was very comfortable for city tour. Also there are awesome staffs are waiting for you. Especially, Miss Rice. I cant forget your cute message.:) Soon or later I want to be there with my family. Thanks. Regards. From Korean Oppa.

Nice common room area for meeting people, or just sit back and enjoy a movie with friends there. Met quite a lot of travellers there (guess cuz it's summer and everyone's traveling). Peter offered a very detailed explanations on what to do in Taipei, and Rice was extremely helpful and just her smiling face cheered me up as I saw her when I arrived :D I like the design of all the notices and wall decorations. They are all of a great style and just look cool altogether.

A very friendly and welcome hostel, a best location and good price, a sweetest Taiwanese girl named Mi. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6