JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Was not pleased that we were not given blankets for our beds as promised, so had to sleep the night sheetless, which was not very comfortable. Thought everyone who worked there was friendly and nice, but disappointed about this. Decent place for the cheap price though!

I found that the entire experience at JV's was enjoyable. The staff were responsive and friendly, and the space was clean and made me feel at home. The facilities were good, with hot showers, drinking water, good sized lockers, and hi-speed WiFi on each floor. Plus, it was located near to where I needed to go... the MRT Red Line was only 5 minutes away, the Taipei 101 was a nice 10-15 minute walk, and the street market nearby was an easy breakfast source. We also got free lunch! Thanks, JV's!

• 18th May 2015

Host was kind and accommodating, super knowledgable about local activities. A great place to stay.

• 18th May 2015

This place is great and Rice is a sweetheart! I will definitely stay at JV's again!

People were extremely helpful and nice(special thanks to Vanessa) ! Lovely home environment & close to everything! We really enjoyed everything at JV's Hostel !

Located in a small, calm road close to Taipei 101, JVs is probably one of the best price-value hostels in Taipei. JVs has everything a traveller needs - good, clean rooms, great staff with a lot of tips beside the "big attractions" and a nice common-area with a good vibe to explore more of Taipei and Taiwan!

• 1st May 2015

Our stay at JVs was great! The location is perfect -- literally just off of an amazing night market street, and only ten or fifteen minutes on foot to Taipei 101 and tons of shops. Our host (Rice) was incredible and helped make our trip so easy and fun. The hostel felt very clean and safe. Great experience overall.

They provided excellent service along with tons of recommendations for local food, sights and night scenes. Super accommodating and always friendly. Definitely cool spot a great location.

• 1st May 2015

Hostel location is good, few minutes walk to the station. Room is clean and comfortable, toilet is clean. There is a night market and alot of shops nearby the hostel which is very convenience. Staff rice is super friendly and nice, she will provide direction and where to go around in taipie

I absolutely loved this hostel specially the staff. Rice was super friendly and helpful. She had tons of recommendations for all kinds of preferences and activities. The location is a little hidden between a back ally but there are many ways of getting there I might have taken a long way or something. Either way definitely worth it location wise, staff wise, atmosphere wise. I RECOMMEND IT!

I stayed here for a few days this week and a few days last week. It's very clean, has a kitchen, and is in a vibrant neighbourhood with a great night market/restaurants/cafes/bakeries/shops nearby. Xinyi Anhe subway stop and the airport bus stop are also nearby. The staff is friendly and welcoming; Rice in particular is a sweetheart and not only gave me great recommendations but also accompanied me to find restaurants, a seamstress, a hair salon, and my lost iPod. She really goes out of her way.

I had the most wonderful time during my stay at JV's Hostel :) Rice was very warm and welcoming, always encouraging us to mingle with one another which I thought was awesome. She was very helpful in providing information on what to do in and around Taipei. The facilities were always clean and everything was working wonderfully. I really enjoyed my time and I would definitely highly recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

A great place to end our last leg of our 9 days Taiwan tour. Rice is super friendly. Brought us out for breakfast. Brought us to the bus stop to wait for the airport shuttle. Even helped to carry our luggage!! Her friendliest really warmed our hearts.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Staff was so friendly and helpful with suggestions of what to do and where to eat!

Lovely staff and I felt safe the whole time I was there. Staff was always available to answer questions and extremely friendly.

Ensuite bathroom had a washing machine in it, and detergent was provided. This made the washing of clothes a very convenient affair. Additionally, there was a sheltered and caged drying rack of sorts attached to the exterior of the room's window.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Rice the owner was caring and thoughtful when my family came to JV. She offered a last minute cancelled room for the four of us instead of hostel beds. Very much appreciated. She let us use the washer too! Don't expect fancy hostel setting but if you are looking for a clean safe space to live. The location is at the back of Ally and look scary. it is in fact a charming old ally of Taiwan. Convenient location with old style wet market and eateries close by. Walking distance Taipei 101

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We couldn't have asked for a better location! Linjiang Street was our favorite market in Taiwan — delicious food and local feel, day and night. There are also tons of other great spots nearby, and you're close to UBikes and other public transport options. The JV staff is super friendly and helpful, too. Thanks for the lovely stay!

Staff are so enthusiastic that I feel at ease here. I love the living room where guests can sat around and talked to each other about their stories of travel.

Winning so much on the atmosphere in this place. inviting to interact with the other residents. Just great

• 3rd Apr 2015