JV's Hostel Reviews

2F., No.57, Aly. 50, Ln. 39, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

The hostel is located strategically in the centre of Taipei city, which is within a kilometre from Taipei 101, few minutes walking distance from night market, MRT station, airport bus stop and etc. Besides, it is also very well facilitated with air cond, WIFI & service, kitchen, refrigerator and etc. Other than that, the staffs are also very nice and superb. (Rice, this big compliment goes to you!). JV's hostel is definitely one of the best-stay hostel in Taiwan I've stayed so far. Thanks.

离得最近的捷运站是信义安和 离也是很近吃东西很方便 店员很热情 唯一需要改进的地方是上下铺翻身床会有声音有点影响 其他都不错

• 21st Jul 2014
  • lilymiao
  • China

Stay here! Best hostel I've ever stayed at, the staff are incredible, really welcoming and help you out with everything, thank you so much Rice, Justin and Peter! Really good location, great common area and amazing people, couldn't help but extend my stay here and will definitely be back!

• 20th Jul 2014

Owner, Peter was extremely helpful and friendly! Definitely the best host I have ever met! He pretty much knows everything in Taipei, ask him anything and he can answer you right away! The hostel info-handout was extremely informative! Will definitely come back!

Justin is so handsome. But he was actually the perfect host. He was warm and friendly and funny, and he helped us get everywhere we needed to go. Thank you so much for everything! Highly recommend this place if youre looking to meet new people and have fun.

• 16th Jul 2014

Awesome hostel, and Justin is the best hostel staff member ever!!

Absolutely perfect. Extremely clean, very friendly staff, secure, respectful of everyone's rhythm and habits. The atmosphere makes everyone so respectful, that, like one other guy said, it's likely than no one even farted in our dormitory.

• 12th Jul 2014

The staff is good. I arrived at 11.15pm. But the boss still let me check in. Bed is clean. Atmosphere is good. Price is good. It's subway nearby but the hostel is located in an alley. A little bit hard to find. If it has a bigger sign to guide the way to hostel that will be better.

• China

Room was spacious enough for me. Toilet was clean. Owner and helper were really nice people. I'll definitely come back here next time!

• Singapore

best hostel ever ! Great staff!

Fantastic location right next to the night markets and close to Taipei 101. Great atmosphere but what really makes this place stand out is the staff, especially Rice. I've backpacked all over the world and never had friendlier hosts. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants simple accommodation for a great price in a great location. Thanks for a great stay.

very nice feel warm

This hostel is in an excellent location, right in the city centre and close to public transportation. The rooms and beds are clean. There is a great atmosphere here, good community feeling and very easy for a a solo traveler to make new friends. The staff are amazingly helpful. Thank you Justin for giving me a good insight into the non-touristy parts of town! When I arrived at the hostel I was very ill and Ryce made sure to check on me everyday and even offered to take me to the hospital!

Really awesome stay. Booked a private room with ensuite bathroom. Very clean room, nice AC, fridge, TV, even a washing machine in case you are staying longer. Staff are very friendly and it is easy to check out. The night market around the corner is good fun and its close to 101 for a lot of attractions. Definitely recommended for couples on a budget!

I like here although I only stayed 2days,It near night market and 101,and I made friends here,it was my wonderful time 。Justin and Min are very friendly and good

• 4th Jul 2014
  • China

This dude in charge of the hostel, named Justin, was simply the best. He provided unbelievably friendly service while attending to all the needs of the hostel. I am amazed by how great of a hostel this was, and I would stay here for the rest of my life if I could. Whether you are serviced by the awesome Justin, or any of their loving hosts, you are sure to 100% love your stay at JV's Hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014

This place is really great. JV's is very central with short distance to metro, 101, elephant trail and the night market is basically just outside the door. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and will join you out for food in the night market and even go clubbing with the guests! I can definitely recommend this place.

Great place and awesome people! Thank you Rice, for not only being a great hostess, but also a good friend! I really enjoyed my stay at JV's hostel! I loved that it's right in the middle of a market, there's always food at your doorsteps! It's a busy, happening place, people working there will always help you find something to do in the city. Would definitely stay there again. Thank You!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Svetka

JV's is your standard fare hostel situated next to a bustling night and morning market in downtown Taipei. You'll feel comfortable at JV's and you will have access to the heart of Taipei and it's conveniences. Beyond that, JV's isn't too different...well except for Rice. Hopefully, Rice is there if you check in, she is the charm of JV's.

The moment I walked in, I was greeted by a very friendly staff member who quickly gave me a tour of the place. Actually - all the staff members are super friendly and welcoming. Rice (yup - that's her name) will most certainly introduce you to the others and help break the ice for you so you'll be socializing in no time without feeling awkward! Justin is quite knowledgeable about places in Taiwan so if you got questions, he'll most certainly have answers or suggestions for you. Overall great!

• 29th Jun 2014