JV's Hostel Reviews

Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei, Taiwan

Was my second stay at the JV's and it hopefully won't be my last. Great atmosphere, great staff, great people!

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Basically I had no plan for my trip to Taipei until I arrived this amazing hostel, and Rice, one of the staff, just. Helped me out with all the information I need. Great atmosphere as well, a very sociable and friendly environment. I would definitely stay here again when I go to Taipei next time.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • China

I stayed here with my girlfriend for a few nights and was very satisfied. Right next door to a night market and very easy to find something to eat day or night. The highlight though was the staff there; Rice and Jen, as well as beautiful such beautiful young ladies, were both very helpful in recommending things to see and do in Taipei. It was a friendly welcoming place and I wish I could have stayed longer.

• 22nd Feb 2015

awesome hostel. good location, clean, cheap, and really friendly staff. really good memories. Jenny and Rice are super friendly and made me feel totally welcome. i would definitely go back, and i hope to someday :)

• 22nd Feb 2015

Rice is great. Jenny is better. If you're looking for a conveniently located Hostel in Taipei with helpful staff and clean facilities look no further.

Rice who runs the place is an absolute legend. What a star! She is very friendly, helpful and a fountain of knowledge. Being located in the Night Market means you have a whole world if delicious treats to tempt you. The layout of the hostel is slightly unconventional, with the common room and office on the top floor. It's a great place to stay but bring earplugs: the front door slams and there's quite a bit of street noise.

The location of the hostel is very good, metro station and night market are within walking distance. The staff here is experienced and approachable, especially Rice (and Olivia), serving the guest with all of the passion she had. Perhaps the facilities here are not as new as other younger hostels in taipei, but I believe that the service of JVs hostel is the key thing that cannot be replaced.

• Malaysia

Location is a bit obscure but the hostel's website provides excellent directions and once you find it, its just a short walk from the subway and airport shuttle. Staff were very patient and were happy to help us find all the worthwhile tourist attractions. Hostel has pretty much everything you might need (laundry, locker, kitchen internet etc). Dorms and beds were much nicer than some other places we have stayed. I'm guessing this is probably one of the most preferred and popular hostel in Taipe

Verry nice stay! There is a nice community are to meet people, and the staff is great! thanks rice!

• 19th Feb 2015

nice place. all english spekers there, so that feeling a little hard for the first few days. peter , the housekeeper, is very competitive in solving problems. i'm waiting for u in fuzhou. c u then(˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

The hostel Is really nice, clean and in a super convenient location. The staff are really kind and helpful. Thank's again to Rice for give me a lot of informations and she also showed me the bus stop for the airport! I really suggest this hostel for your trip in Taipei.

• 18th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed the great atmosphere at this hostel. After check in at the hostel and looking for my room, i went to the living room and i immediatly met other nice people! The staff also is really friendly and helped me whenever i got any questions. Location is also great!

• 18th Feb 2015

BEST hostel i ever stayed in. Stayed here the first few days of my time in Taiwan and from the first minute it felt if I was home. The staff is so friendly and help ful . The girl Rice nows everything about Taipei and Taiwan. After my check in we went for some lunch whit some people and rice. And when i checked out she went all the way to the bus whit me and my friend. Haha she is awesome. The hostel it self is really nice and close to a night market. The metro station is not far away either ;)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • JasperHoog

A well placed hostel near a night market and close to transporr with very helpful and friendly staff.

One of the best hostels Iv ever stayed at in my life

• 15th Feb 2015

Great hostel. Good value. Good location. My one complaint would be that there are no lockers in the room I stayed in. Taiwanese girl who greeted up on february 14 was very nice and friendly.

• 14th Feb 2015

If you stay at JV's you are not only a guest but also a friend. I can really recommend the hostel, lovely staff!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's clean, people are friendly, staff are amazing, and it's a great place to meet people of you're travelling alone. As it's located very near to a night market, it's perfect for bringing snacks back to share in the common room. Rice was fantastic, and she went out of her way to help everyone by taking us to restaurants, recommending sights, explaining how to get everywhere, and even taking us on a day trip to the beach! Highly recommended.

The stay was enjoyable, I met with a lot of nice people, and traveled with some of them. It was surprising how many fellow teachers were travelling at that time. The team of staff working there are very friendly. I've met with Rice, Olivia, Peter and Vanessa. Rice took a group of us out to the beach on her day off, and also made great recommendations for trips in and around Taipei. The location is really good, almost right above the Tonghua night market. Clean and cheap but no elevators.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

One of the cleanest, coolest hostels I've been to, and the staff (Rice, Jenny, Olivia) are awesome. Oh, and Rice knows a good place nearby to get sweet haircuts!

• 10th Feb 2015