Superb 989 Total Reviews
Superb 989 Total Reviews
JV's Hostel Located at Ln.101, Tonghua St., Taipei.
Taiwan
Taipei 106 Ln.101, Tonghua St.
91% 989
25.0296365 121.5544188
    Rooms available

• Israel, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2016

So happy I spent my time in Taipei in this guesthouse. Perfect location, just near a nice night market and close to MRT station. The staff are super friendly (special thanks to Lili for all her help) and the rooms are very clean. There is a kitchen you can use and nice area to sit and meet new friends. Enjoy!

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Apr 2016

Absolutely loved my stay at JV's! One of the best hostels I've stayed at over my 7 months of travelling in Asia. The most amazing and helpful staff you'll meet and the location is great. It's about a 10 minute walk from Taipei 101 and is located right next to a night market with great food and also with a few cozy bars in the area. I highly recommend you to stay at JV's if you're visiting Taipei. I ended up staying for 5 weeks and it felt more like a second home.

31st Mar 2016

All I ever really need at a hostel stay is to sleep and feel rested, and enjoy a hot shower. JV's is so much more than that and is simply THE BEST hostel I've ever stayed in. Amazing price, best location, prompt and helpful staff. Just intuitive in every way. I stayed on for 7 nights in a row and am going back there at the end of my trip. Even the other guests staying there were all very courteous and respectful of the rules. Perfect for older travelers like myself. Grateful JV's exists!

• South Korea, Female, 31-40
30th Mar 2016

Kind staffs and good living room to hang out with travelers. This hostel is located in Donghua Night market which is amazing to feel local atmosphere in the morning. Also this Night market is good place for trying local food and shopping at night time. Only one MRT station distance from Taipei 101 and easy to access to any other spots such as CKC memorial hall, Daan park by bicycle. Staffs are nice and very helpful to make a plan in Taipei as always. No doubt it is a very recommendable hostel.

• ab1439
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
27th Mar 2016

Staff were super helpful and really lovely. Fabulous location with local night market just around the corner. Easy walk to Taipei 101 and attractions around that area.

• England, Male, 25-30
26th Mar 2016

Over the last 12 months I've stayed in over 50 hostels so I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. Out of those 50 JV's hostel is top 3 (if not THE best). I've never stayed in a hostel that is so friendly. The friendly atmosphere starts with the staff and permeates through all the guests. You feel it as soon as they open the door. If that's not enough, the location is a street away from a great night market and the staff are happy to show you the best food spots – and Taipei has many

• anniemurphy025313
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
26th Mar 2016

We loved out stay at JV's!!! We would recommend it to any one who is looking for a fun spot. It is a block away from the Tonghua Night Market (Linjiang St. Night Market), which is such a nice little market. Amazing food! Tina and Phoenix月 were wonderful. Phoenix月 told us all the great restaurants and market stalls to check out. The staff never had a problem with helping us find a place or give directions. We met some cool travelers as well. Would absolutely go back when we go to Taipei again!

• kattrinna
  • Philippines, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
15th Mar 2016

The check-in system is a breeze! I had a red-eye flight and was able to check-in very late! The owner and the staff arranged it well for me. :) The staff were extremely nice and accommodating as well. This place is for people who are open to meeting other travellers while at the same time looking for a place called home. As expected, those who stay here are nice, accommodating, knows how to hangout while at the same time, knows how to respect "quite time." I love this place. :)

• Bulgaria, Couple, 25-30
14th Mar 2016

Really nice place and extremely friendly and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay there and definitely would stay again.

3rd Mar 2016
5.4

I went here expecting a well rated hostel, but instead this hostel is very bad for it's price. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm. The place felt a bit run down. The street outside was extremely loud. The common areas were quite dirty and I felt like the place was a bit abused since past times. I would recommend you NOT to stay here. The rating is inflated and is no where near a 9 or 10, should be between 5 and 6. I continued my stay at another hostel because of how bad this one was..